What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Digital Camera pic of the day (1 Viewer)

Wind chill of about 25 around here this morning..

But snow on the ground in October, with Falls colors, made me get out and sacrifice for you all :sadbanana:

Lean

Snow Rise

Through the snow

Snow Logged

Cold Fall Morning

Blowing Fall Colors
A few more to add:What once was

Snowy path

Regrowth

Fall beach

This last one is a "oops" shot, that with some help with Photoshop helped make it OK, I think :goodposting: ..

I was zoomed in with my 70mm-300mm Lens using a 1/50 sec. shutter hand held when a Gust of wind hit me.. The original shot was blurry, but I wanted to save it.. What do you think??

Fall Painting - For those with a Flickr account you should be able to click the link to the larger view.

Last edited by a moderator:
snogger said:
This last one is a "oops" shot, that with some help with Photoshop helped make it OK, I think :unsure: ..

I was zoomed in with my 70mm-300mm Lens using a 1/50 sec. shutter hand held when a Gust of wind hit me.. The original shot was blurry, but I wanted to save it.. What do you think??

Fall Painting - For those with a Flickr account you should be able to click the link to the larger view.
I like it. :goodposting:

snogger said:
This last one is a "oops" shot, that with some help with Photoshop helped make it OK, I think :unsure: ..

I like it. :kicksrock:
Thanks.. :nerd: Not my normal way of doing things(First time I've gone out without my tripod in quite a while and definitely paid for it :bag: ).. but I liked the composition and the colors so did my best to "save" it.

Last edited by a moderator:
snogger said:

I like it. :confused:
Thanks.. :headbang: Not my normal way of doing things(First time I've gone out without my tripod in quite a while and definitely paid for it :bag: ).. but I liked the composition and the colors so did my best to "save" it.
Almost looks like a painting.

I've been playing around with HDR (high dynamic range) photos. For those not familiar, in HDR photography you shoot more than one exposure to bring out the highs, midranges, and shadows of a given subject. I haven't had a chance to shoot any shots yet, but I have been playing with single photos trying to simulate HDR.

I didn't shoot this one. Just playing with it:

Before

After

I've been playing around with HDR (high dynamic range) photos. For those not familiar, in HDR photography you shoot more than one exposure to bring out the highs, midranges, and shadows of a given subject. I haven't had a chance to shoot any shots yet, but I have been playing with single photos trying to simulate HDR.

Before

After
I like the colors but there is a really bad halo at the top of the mountains. Since you are just practicing I hope you do not mind the criticism.

Before

After
I like the colors but there is a really bad halo at the top of the mountains. Since you are just practicing I hope you do not mind the criticism.
Yeah, it's cool. Not concerned with the selection quality. I use Photoshop all day, so I am familiar with advanced selection techniques. That was a sloppy bunch of selections that took 60 seconds to make. Just interested in the color enhancements at this point.

Before

After
Yeah, it's cool. Not concerned with the selection quality. I use Photoshop all day, so I am familiar with advanced selection techniques. That was a sloppy bunch of selections that took 60 seconds to make. Just interested in the color enhancements at this point.
I just figured out how to do Auto Exposure Bracketing on my camera, but haven't been in any situations recently where HDR would add anything. I'm anxious to give it a try though.

Before

After
I just figured out how to do Auto Exposure Bracketing on my camera, but haven't been in any situations recently where HDR would add anything. I'm anxious to give it a try though.
If you shoot one or two brackets you're pleased with, shoot them to me in an e-mail. I'd be interested in compositing them for practice.jdoggydogg@hotmail.com

I have a question, I saw someone taking pics at one of the hockey tourneys using a rectangular device on top of the camera that looked like it had an antenna on top, he got some really crisp photos, does anyone know what that was? TIA

I have a question, I saw someone taking pics at one of the hockey tourneys using a rectangular device on top of the camera that looked like it had an antenna on top, he got some really crisp photos, does anyone know what that was? TIA
Pocket wizard...he probably had a strobe in the ceiling. The wizard fires the flash upon pushing the shutter.

Does anyone here sell any of their photographs? I've been approached a couple of times through Flickr requesting the use of my pictures for websites. And I've had a few people suggest that I should try to maybe make it into a bit of a side business. But I don't know 1) how good my pictures really are and what kind of market there might be for them and 2) how I would even get started in trying to sell them.

Thoughts? Suggestions?

Does anyone here sell any of their photographs? I've been approached a couple of times through Flickr requesting the use of my pictures for websites. And I've had a few people suggest that I should try to maybe make it into a bit of a side business. But I don't know 1) how good my pictures really are and what kind of market there might be for them and 2) how I would even get started in trying to sell them.

Thoughts? Suggestions?
Anyone?What about sites like Alamy.com?

Users who are viewing this thread