What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Digital Camera pic of the day (1 Viewer)

Does anyone here sell any of their photographs? I've been approached a couple of times through Flickr requesting the use of my pictures for websites. And I've had a few people suggest that I should try to maybe make it into a bit of a side business. But I don't know 1) how good my pictures really are and what kind of market there might be for them and 2) how I would even get started in trying to sell them.Thoughts? Suggestions?
I don't have any suggestions for you, but the two pictures you just posted are amazingly good.

Does anyone here sell any of their photographs? I've been approached a couple of times through Flickr requesting the use of my pictures for websites. And I've had a few people suggest that I should try to maybe make it into a bit of a side business. But I don't know 1) how good my pictures really are and what kind of market there might be for them and 2) how I would even get started in trying to sell them.Thoughts? Suggestions?
I don't have any suggestions for you, but the two pictures you just posted are amazingly good.
Gee, bb, you're making me blush. :headbang:

jdoggydogg said:
snogger said:
jdoggydogg said:
I need a new Facebook photo, so I just shot this for fun. Pretty happy with the lighting and exposure.

Guitar
Nice.. Strange thing is of all the details in that pic, the T-shirt design grabbed my attention :thumbup: why.. but great detail. :headbang:
My buddy pointed out that the H on the guitar, the A on the tat, and the H on the shirt spell, "HAH."
I wish we lived in the same town so we could form a band and start hauling in the chicks.

jdoggydogg said:
snogger said:
jdoggydogg said:
I need a new Facebook photo, so I just shot this for fun. Pretty happy with the lighting and exposure.

Guitar
Nice.. Strange thing is of all the details in that pic, the T-shirt design grabbed my attention :lmao: why.. but great detail. :goodposting:
My buddy pointed out that the H on the guitar, the A on the tat, and the H on the shirt spell, "HAH."
I wish we lived in the same town so we could form a band and start hauling in the chicks.
I still have this fantasy about forming a really good trip hop band a la Massive Attack, Olive, or Portishead. But I'm 43 and I'd need a really hot chick singer to make it work. Oh well. Gotta cling on to your dreams.

Does anyone here sell any of their photographs? I've been approached a couple of times through Flickr requesting the use of my pictures for websites. And I've had a few people suggest that I should try to maybe make it into a bit of a side business. But I don't know 1) how good my pictures really are and what kind of market there might be for them and 2) how I would even get started in trying to sell them.

Thoughts? Suggestions?
I do, but it is all local. I have some work in 2 local framing stores, a small gallery in a tower/office building, and then through my local Camera club. I know around here, Startbucks has space for showings, but there is a huge wait to post there.I also have a very small studio in my house, and am starting to do some portrait work.

Here are couple of favs from my studio:

Rockin Dudes

Pick

Practice

So does this mean that none of you guys have ever tried to sell any of your pix?
I sold a couple..Also, created a CD of photos for a Campground that was going to use all of them for their web site.. They gave us a free weekend of camping for creating the CD and were going to pay us once the web site was created, but they went out of business before they redid their web site :unsure:

I did have plans to try marketing to other campgrounds and add in helping create / update web sites.

But than I started my new job here and have zero free time compared to the last job so am having a hard time getting back into the swing to try it again.

I had a web site running for a bit, but never got any interest.. Of course I didn't market it as much as I should of..

I was going to start using DotPhoto but again ran out of time.

Maybe in a couple years things will slow down again and I'll get back into it..

Few that my dad took on our trip to Disney that I really liked.

Have not gone through all of mine yet.

First one I just loved the silhouette of castle on it.

Silhouette

I liked the brightness of the castle in this one.

Bright

and then one of mine from the Nemo show at Animal Kingdom...just happy I got a few off in the low light...dad had some great shots during the show as he is more used to shooting in those conditions (does some photography for the high school drama program in his town).

Marlin and Dory

Few that my dad took on our trip to Disney that I really liked.

Have not gone through all of mine yet.

First one I just loved the silhouette of castle on it.

Silhouette

I liked the brightness of the castle in this one.

Bright

and then one of mine from the Nemo show at Animal Kingdom...just happy I got a few off in the low light...dad had some great shots during the show as he is more used to shooting in those conditions (does some photography for the high school drama program in his town).

Marlin and Dory
Some great shots there of the castle! :confused: :lmao:

I like this shot and I think you don't need the Photoshop textures. This is a strong enough shot in raw form.
Agree. I like the grittiness you're going for, but the texture is really distracting in some places (the light clouds especially). Nice shot, though! :rolleyes:
I think the photo would look great with some HDR treatment.

I like this shot and I think you don't need the Photoshop textures. This is a strong enough shot in raw form.
Agree. I like the grittiness you're going for, but the texture is really distracting in some places (the light clouds especially). Nice shot, though! :tumbleweed:
I think the photo would look great with some HDR treatment.
I've been working on another of the original shot. I agree with the grittiness, especially in the sky. I think I was smoking a "cigarette" and thought playing around with some textures in the sky would be awesome.

But I got a new camera, so here's a few more of the Ohio River, about 10 miles out of Pittsburgh, facing both east and west.

West

North

Last edited by a moderator:
Got a NikonD5000 and downloaded GIMP. Came up with this picture today. First time on grass for the buttknocker...

http://www.flickr.com/photos/36610638@N04/4533569230/
Wow, great picture. What is Gimp? Is it like a photoshop program. If so, where can I get it. Photoshop is a bit pricey for me and since I just dropped a ton of money on camera equipment, I want to find something cheaper.Also, I was at my mothers yesterday for her birthday. Took a lot of nice pics, but some came out blurry. Anyone know a fix for that. I tried to speed the shutter up and lower the aperature but nothing seemed to work. is it possible that there was not enough lighting. I know without being there it is hard to tell but I was a little bummed about it. But this is part of the fun, trying to figure this stuff out

Got a NikonD5000 and downloaded GIMP. Came up with this picture today. First time on grass for the buttknocker...

Wow, great picture. What is Gimp? Is it like a photoshop program. If so, where can I get it. Photoshop is a bit pricey for me and since I just dropped a ton of money on camera equipment, I want to find something cheaper.Also, I was at my mothers yesterday for her birthday. Took a lot of nice pics, but some came out blurry. Anyone know a fix for that. I tried to speed the shutter up and lower the aperature but nothing seemed to work. is it possible that there was not enough lighting. I know without being there it is hard to tell but I was a little bummed about it. But this is part of the fun, trying to figure this stuff out
This is likely a culprit. Try setting the ISO higher for a quick fix.

GIMP is freeware. It can be found here...http://www.gimp.org/

It's not bad.

jwb said:
Dr. Doofenshmirtz said:
Eviloutsider said:

This is likely a culprit. Try setting the ISO higher for a quick fix.
Should it be high or low? I read somewhere that it is best to keep the ISO at 100, but looking at the camera, I think it was on auto.The one thing I dont love about the high end cameras is that there are so many settings. I get scared I will change something and not remember what I did, or how to change it back. The Nikon D90 does have a recent settings tab so that is helpful

Eviloutsider said:
Dr. Doofenshmirtz said:
Eviloutsider said:

GIMP is freeware. It can be found here...http://www.gimp.org/

It's not bad.
cool, thanks

Great stuff. Thanks for sharing.I loved photography but never kept up with it after College.Not to slight anyone but Mac you wowed me.
:rolleyes: I know I am 4 years late to the party but I agree. I also am starting to see how using an editor can help a picture and it is not considered cheating the shotThe one with the orange and yellow houses popping is great

Users who are viewing this thread