What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Digital Camera pic of the day (4 Viewers)

'Mister CIA said:
Day 1 with DSLR. Not sure what I am doing yet, but full screen mode helps much with pic quality.

Stroll Around the Hood
Nice stuff. You're off to a great start! Auto settings?Also, are you using any photo software yet? Once you get the feel for it, you can really enhance your images with a couple very subtle maneuvers. Or you can also HDR the ever-living #### out of them.

'Mister CIA said:
Day 1 with DSLR. Not sure what I am doing yet, but full screen mode helps much with pic quality.

Stroll Around the Hood
Nice stuff. You're off to a great start! Auto settings?Also, are you using any photo software yet? Once you get the feel for it, you can really enhance your images with a couple very subtle maneuvers. Or you can also HDR the ever-living #### out of them.
Since you're using Picasa, I'd also recommend using their crop options: In the Picasa software, with the editing tools, there is a crop button where you can crop the image to 4x6, 5x7, widescreen, etc. If you leave this ratio set on manual, Picasa will recommend 3 different crops for the image. I find it does a remarkable job of coming up with interesting compositions. Something to try and give you ideas.

'Mister CIA said:

Stroll Around the Hood
Thanks. Everything has been strictly auto-pilot so far. Well, I tried to manual focus on an inch worm dangling from a branch, but it turned out pretty fuzzy. I have not used any software yet, but next up is to play around with the Canon software that came with the camera, as well as Picasa. Also, I've got a Safaribooksonline subscription I have not gotten around to canceling yet. I need to check out what books on digital photography are available there.

Did you use any filters or post processing to get the sky that deep blue?I really like the fall colors in the trees and the contrast with that deep blue sky at the top of the waterfall and the way all those colors mirror the actual rainbow in the bottom third of the frame. I also like the fact you included a few of the rocks in the foreground. What focal length lens were you using?

Very nicely done!

Last edited by a moderator:
Took the day off of work and went to "Photography Day" at Santa Anita racetrack. Awesome time. Beautiful day, got to go in hours before they opened to watch warmups, free full breakfast buffet, and permission to go anywhere in the facility... the winner's circle, the paddock, the club house, etc, for just $15. Took about two thousand exposures, here are some:

Bugler

Gamblers

Jockette

Starting Gate

By A Length

Around the Bend

Around the Bend 2

Crazy Horse

Another Crazy Horse
Some great captures there! :thumbup:

Did you use any filters or post processing to get the sky that deep blue?I really like the fall colors in the trees and the contrast with that deep blue sky at the top of the waterfall and the way all those colors mirror the actual rainbow in the bottom third of the frame. I also like the fact you included a few of the rocks in the foreground. What focal length lens were you using?

Very nicely done!
I had a Genus natural density fader filter on to stop the water a bit, it allows me to manually adjust the f stop on the filter, works well for these types of shots. Here are the settings from this photo.

File Name IMG_7683.CR2

Camera Model Canon EOS 7D

Firmware Firmware Version 1.2.1

Shooting Date/Time 08/10/2011 1:27:01 PM

Owner's Name

Shooting Mode Manual Exposure

Tv( Shutter Speed ) 0.3

Av( Aperture Value ) 22.0

Metering Mode Evaluative Metering

ISO Speed 100

Auto ISO Speed OFF

Lens EF24-105mm f/4L IS USM

Focal Length 24.0mm

Image Size 5184x3456

Image Quality RAW

Flash Off

FE lock OFF

White Balance Mode Auto

AF Mode Manual focusing

AF area select mode Automatic selection

Picture Style Landscape

Sharpness 4

Contrast 0

Saturation 0

Color tone 0

Color Space sRGB

Long exposure noise reduction 0:Off

High ISO speed noise reduction 0:Standard

Highlight tone priority 0:Disable

Auto Lighting Optimizer 0:Standard

Peripheral illumination correction Enable

File Size 22849KB

Dust Delete Data No

Drive Mode Self-Timer Operation

Live View Shooting OFF

1/3 of a second at f22, shot with a gitzo tripod as well.

'TylerRoseFan said:
Chicago, about a block from my apartment, if you can believe that. It does have the feel of one of those old southern convenience stores, especially with the decrepit apartment upstairs. I've shot this building before, but when I saw that station wagon in front, I had to shoot it again.
That storefront is not indicative of the area. Great neighborhood and great picture.

Users who are viewing this thread