What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

The Race For The #1 Pick (1 Viewer)

Football Jones

Footballguy
HOU, NOS, & SFO are the only teams left who could get the #1 pick. HOU is beating SFO right now & assuming that holds, it would be a 3-way tie @ 3 wins. I believe it was discovered last week that SFO was virtually out of the race for #1 because of their opponents' winning % (the tiebreaker). That leaves HOU & NOS (again, assuming HOU wins today). Anybody know who would "win" the tiebreaker between those two?

I thought I heard on Countdown this morning that NO would edge out HOU if they were tied on the basis of strength of schedule. If so, I would expect NO to grab Leinert (or trade down a few slots where Leinert might fall to anyways) and HOU could end up with Bush in any event (although I think HOU should trade Bush for all the OLine help they can get via players and extra picks).

I thought I heard on Countdown this morning that NO would edge out HOU if they were tied on the basis of strength of schedule. If so, I would expect NO to grab Leinert (or trade down a few slots where Leinert might fall to anyways) and HOU could end up with Bush in any event (although I think HOU should trade Bush for all the OLine help they can get via players and extra picks).
If they trade down then presumably the team they are trading with would take Bush. Who whould HOU take if they have the #2 pick and Bush is already gone?

Looks like the draft will probably go like this:1. Leinart - Saints2. Bush - Texans3. Ferguson - 49ersOR1. Bush - Texans2. Leinart - Saints3. Ferguson - 49ersEither way, each team will get their guy.

Looks like the draft will probably go like this:

1. Leinart - Saints

2. Bush - Texans

3. Ferguson - 49ers

OR

1. Bush - Texans

2. Leinart - Saints

3. Ferguson - 49ers

Either way, each team will get their guy.
this one makes no sense, if NO and Hous tie, that means Hous won, and NO loss which already happened. So if Houston won that means they beat SF which means they will be behind SF because of Head to Head record. IIRC you break the 3 way tie first, then break the two way.If Houston wins:

1. Saints - Leinhart

2. 49ers - trade down to Houston or another team - Bush

3. Texans - Ferguson

***ideal situation for Texans, they need the OL more than the man love they have for Bush

If Houston loses:

1. Texans - Bush

2. NO - Leinhart

3. SF - Ferguson

***ideal situation for NO, they have to go Leinhart but pay him #2 money, instead of #1

Last edited by a moderator:
this one makes no sense, if NO and Hous tie, that means Hous won, and NO loss which already happened. So if Houston won that means they beat SF which means they will be behind SF because of Head to Head record. IIRC you break the 3 way tie first, then break the two way.
HTH records don't mean a thing. Draft pick ties are only decided by Strength of Schedule. The worse SOS you have the better draft pick you get. NO's SOS is far worse then Houston's or SF's.

Looks like the draft will probably go like this:

1. Leinart - Saints

2. Bush - Texans

3. Ferguson - 49ers

OR

1. Bush - Texans

2. Leinart - Saints

3. Ferguson - 49ers

Either way, each team will get their guy.
No way will the Saints stay at 1 and select Leinart. The first pick has too much value to not take Bush or make trade down to get more picks or something.

Users who are viewing this thread