What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

*** Complain about the officials thread *** (1 Viewer)

Did the refs cost Seattle the game?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

UlyssesNorris

Faulknerian Idiot Man-Child.
The game was in Ford Field

One of the teams was wearing blue.

I think the refs simply had autopilot kick on.

Anyone with me?

Anyone with me?
I'm pretty sure FBG had something to do with it since they've deleted all the threads talking about the officiating. The conspiracy grows.

Anyone with me?
I'm pretty sure FBG had something to do with it since they've deleted all the threads talking about the officiating. The conspiracy grows.
Yeah, wtf is up with that??

Unbiased and disgusted at that piece of garbage.

Thought it couldn't get worse after the national anthem but I was wrong.

Wanted to see a good game; not really interested in the outcome but that was so one sided (officiating) I want to puke.

Last edited by a moderator:
What is the deal with that? Every time I try to read the posts, it gets locked. Seems like that would be an appropriate topic, and one of the more interesting ones.

The refs didn't lose the game for Seattle, but they made it more difficult to win.

The refs didn't lose the game for Seattle, but they made it more difficult to win.
That's like saying that a guy being decapitated in a car accident didn't kill him because his heart stopped.

Guys,

None of the threads on the bad officiating have been locked or deleted. They've just all been merged into the master game thread up in the Pinned box.

I've never questioned the integrity of the NFL until tonight.

This was just grossly blatant.

:(

Unbiased and disgusted at that piece of garbage.

Thought it couldn't get worse after the national anthem but I was wrong.

Wanted to see a good game; not really interested in the outcome but that was so one sided (officiating) I want to puke.
:goodposting: :(

Haven't seen any of the other threads that got deleted, but for the record, I think the officiating was absolutely horrid. I'm not one to usually ##### about officiating, because it usually evens itselt out, but in this game, it was grossly one-sided.

I'm a Bears fan and had no money on the game. I can't believe the BS calls that turned the game around.

#1 the push off call on D. Jax should have been a touchdown. Even Steve Young said that was a touchdown.

#2 the holding call (I think it was on Lochlear?) that brought the Jeremy Stevens first down at the 1 or 2 yard line. Following play was INT.

I just wanted to see a fair game. Officials decided this game.

I'm a devote Seattle homer, and the refs had a big impact on the game, but that's not why Seattle lost. They had chances to make plays and didn't.

I'm a devote Seattle homer, and the refs had a big impact on the game, but that's not why Seattle lost. They had chances to make plays and didn't.
I do not buy that - take away the holding call that was a phantom call - and the game takes a different turn.

I went in mostly impartial to begin with (I dislike Cowher a little bit more than Holmgren), but I turned into a Seahawks fan real quick when the outcome of this game became obvious in the 1st quarter. Pitt ended up with 3 penalties and they weren't game changing like the ones suffered by Seattle.

My only question is, how did the NFL get the officiating crew from the Michigan - Nebraska game on such short notice? I thought those guys were still out if the country til thing blew over for them.

I also swear I saw that one of those penalty flags was a Terrible Towel.

Write them a letter:

NFL Officiating

280 Park Avenue

New York, NY 10017
Discounting the bad calls............the main problem I had with the game was the lack of commitment to the run! Alexander didn't ever really get his chances.

Glad to see you take the high road.I couldn't find a reason to root for one team over the other until the game was being decided by the refs. Then I started to root for Matt Hasselback to throw a fastball at a referee's lower abdominal region.(ala The Longest Yard)

I'm still trying to figure out how he got a 15 yard penalty for tackling Ike Taylor.

not a fan of either....

When Seattle went down to the 1, that HOLDING call was

A. Late

B. Later than Late

Never have I watched a game where EVERY call went against 1 team.

Agreed.

I like both the Steelers and Seahawks and was having a hard time rooting for any one team but it was quite obvious the officials blew some key calls in this game that went against Seattle. Seattle outplayed Pittsburgh in this one......

Officials= :thumbdown:
They may have outgained them (and even won the turnover battle) but Holmgren was simply outcoached. Lots of stupid moves (see my thread on the topic).

Glad to see you take the high road.I couldn't find a reason to root for one team over the other until the game was being decided by the refs. Then I started to root for Matt Hasselback to throw a fastball at a referee's lower abdominal region.(ala The Longest Yard)

I'm still trying to figure out how he got a 15 yard penalty for tackling Ike Taylor.
Agree, can someone explain this? :cry:

POsted in the game thread, but thought I would put my gripes here:

Being a Seahawks fan I am biased, but other nonpartisan people I watched the game with completely agreed. Besides D Jax & Roethlisberger's TD there were many other instances.

The pass interference call on DJax hasn't been called like that all season. It only appeared to be called after the Pitt player reminded the official who he should be rooting for.

Roethlisberger's TD come on. The ref put up his hand to spot the ball until he "remembered" who was supposed to win the game.

Delay of game on Roethlisberger.

Hasselbeck's penalty for tackling.

Stevens fumble in the first half being ruled incomplete.

The pass to Stevens to the one where they called holding (the only other catch he held on to), where was the holding? No replay showed anywhere where there was holding. Madden even commented that it was a bad call.

Randle El's TD pass, there was holding in the exact same instance the Seahawks was called for in the first half.

Watch the first half and the spots the Seahawks were getting then. A number were short of where they should have been. They were spotting the ball where the knee was down, not where the ball was with the knee down. Who knew those poor spots were an omen for how the game would be officiated going forward.

Being jobbed by the officials wasn't just on three to four big plays, but seemed to be consistent over the course of the entire game. That is what is frustrating. I could understand one or two plays going against a team, but consistently poor officiaiting, from the first half through the end of the game was ridiculous (from little stuff like ball spotting to bogus TD calls). Looks like the NFL wanted the Bettis coming home & winning a championship story more than a fairly called game.

Agree, can someone explain this? :cry:
That's the play that drove me to FBG tonight to vent. If that's a penalty, then what was Roethlisberger's tackle on Nick Harper?

not a fan of either....

When Seattle went down to the 1, that HOLDING call was

A. Late

B. Later than Late

Never have I watched a game where EVERY call went against 1 team.
You must have not seen the Bengals/Steelers wildcard game. The Steelers were carried to the title by garbage calls. There should be an asterix next to their title. The Seahawks were the better team and got jobbed.

The thread I was in in the FFA is gone now. I still don't see where the Seahawks lost bc of blown calls they lost bc of bad plays and missed opportunities.

They may have outgained them (and even won the turnover battle) but Holmgren was simply outcoached. Lots of stupid moves (see my thread on the topic).
I saw it. I disregarded it.

OHHH - VERRRR - RATED dun dun dun dun dun OHHH - VERRRR - RATED dun dun dun dun dun
Glad you see that the Steelers are OHHH - VERRRR - RATED IF the Refs had called the game even (IMO) then I think it is a VERY DIFFERENT game and outcome.

Objective person here (Skins fan).

It was unfortunate for both teams that the calls were so one sided. You expect 1 or 2 like that every game but they all went Pittsburgh's way. The worst were the holding call that negated the Stevens pass to the 1 and the delay of game where they gave the Steelers credit for a time out and then they made the first by one yard.

The other bad thing is that the Steelers are a great team and could definitely have won without the refs help and then they would have gotten the respect they deserve. Now the win is semi-tainted. If the calls were fair, we easily could have enjoyed an exciting 27-24 Steelers win or perhaps a great Seahawk comeback.

:hot:

The thread I was in in the FFA is gone now. I still don't see where the Seahawks lost bc of blown calls they lost bc of bad plays and missed opportunities.
Had Sea made plays they could have overcome several bad calls. What does that tell you about how Pit played?Not a fan of either team, but a poor game all around.

:thumbup: :popcorn: Agree...........unless you are a steelers fan then it was totally fair
I thought the Steelers played fairly well after the first half. Seattle I tihnk played better, but the officials were seriously one sided against Seattle. It was so obvious that I would think Holmgren should file a grievance or whatever he can.Roth didn't score the TD.

Hass didn't block low.

There were more, but those were the most blatant ones.

Seahawks had ample opportunity to overcome. They didn't especially look at Steven's stone hands and their clock management.

Pats fan, rooting for the AFC. D Jax push off, B S and VERY late. 2 kick returns of Seattle called back. Roth TD run, questionable call at best. Looked to me ball was short, would have been a ballsy call to reverse but the video was there. Taking Stevens reception away, 1`st and goal on the 2 with yet another holding call was again BS. And to pile on, it looked like Roth. stepped over the line of scrimmage during that marathon completion play to H Ward. The crowd I watched the game with kept saying wait, Seattle will get a Big call go their way, but they never did! :thumbdown:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread