What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official Pearl Jam Thread*** (1 Viewer)

FWIW, claims of shows in NYC and Hartford are already up, with added speculation as to a "special" venue in NYC. Randall's part 2?
No offense to some of you up there, but :mellow:
NE and west coast got it made.
Naturally the NE was a veritable PJ graveyard for the 8 or so years I lived up there. One batch of show at Randalls and one at MSG, and that was it in over 7 years, IIRC. Moved out west for 2 1/2 years and they didn't play 1 show within 500 miles of me, now I'm in FL and they're boycotting this area. I told the Ten Club to stick their membership up their ###.

Popped in Unplugged today :nerd:

Best versions of Porch and RITFW evah!

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_quer...mp;search_type=
Where did you get this copy and what is the format?
Assuming you're referring to the mp3.....i've had it for years, not sure what the original format is.
Haven't looked for it as an mp3, but would love to have it. I remember seeing an auction for a raw video from the shoot that had the whole thing instead of the 4 songs shown on MTV. It had the time on the screen and everything. Thought that would have been cool to have.
Check out the youtube link above....what you describe is on there.

Sweet! I'll catch 4 of these shows...maybe even Van-City as well.I have it on good account that the band has reserved dates at venues before and after Bonnaroo, by the way. You will get yours.
You have to say where now!
I don't know and I wasn't even supposed to say that. I will try though.
You need to keep your contacts in tact, so don't do anything to ruin that.
Yeah, no worries. I would/will p-mail you.
Bump for the Leopard O' Death.

Was listening to the radio last night in Philly and they mentioned that something would be posted on PJ's website today.

Was listening to the radio last night in Philly and they mentioned that something would be posted on PJ's website today.
This is what we've been hearing, thanks for some extra confirmation!Now I gotta get back to my official refresh button.........

Last edited by a moderator:
In The Porch at the Pit

925 (372 members & 553 guests)

lol

My guess is either we've been duped by Kat or 3:00pm Eastern something will come out.

Kat

Administrator Join Date: Jun 2003

oh no, Mid-week Tweet Delay

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The little birdy is getting his ducks in a basket and his eggs in a row and it's very important to get it right...you wouldn't want anything less.

We're really sorry for this delay but it should now be on for tomorrow. We'll keep you updated on any changes, luvs.

Latest from Kat: "Oh, no. Midweek tweet delay"

The little birdy is getting his ducks in a basket and his eggs in a row and it's very important to get it right...you wouldn't want anything less.We're really sorry for this delay but it should now be on for tomorrow. We'll keep you updated on any changes, luvs.

I can remember the good ole days when I was a junior in high school and I would leave class and try to get ticketmaster on the phone (didnt have cells back then). I never got thru to ticketmaster and never got to see them in high school. I had to wait for the Randalls island show. Since then I have seen them a handful of times and would love to travel like some of you do. Unfortunately I cant do that so I have to hope for a NY arrea show again. The last time they played at the Meadowlands on the avocado tour was phenomenal.

I am also bummed that I didnt keep my 10 club subscription. The last thing I got from them was the Angel 7 inch and then I never got anything again. Too bad, because I may have been high on the list

Enjoy whatever shows you go to and keep posting about tour dates.

Is it saintfool that has the inside connection with band management? Maybe someone who has some connection with him should reach out for some info...
He definitely has some connection, can't remember if it was with the band or outside band booking type management.Leopard seems to have some connections too, and actually gave us a heads up about what I think is happening right now, but he has not posted in a while (nor have I gotten any PMs from him).

i visit 2 other message boards other than this one. The pearl jam and LSU fans are waaaaaaaaaay nuttier than anyone in the FFA, S.

When people make a negative post on there about the slowness of the news coming out or whatever, you've got people ripping them insisting that PJ themselves might troll the boards and would be upset over such postings. The last thing Vedder and Co. are gonna do is read thru over 1000 posts in the two tweet threads, that's not even counting the countless other threads about the announcement. ;)

I haven't checked out the message pit in about two years, for good reason.
Absolutely, I don't even have an account there. Count me as one of the 700+ guests just lurking for news today (and yesterday).I do have an account at Red Mosquito. Better board imo, although I usually only pop in there pre/during/post tours.

Bobcat10 said:
Big Blue Wrecking Crew said:
Is it saintfool that has the inside connection with band management? Maybe someone who has some connection with him should reach out for some info...
He definitely has some connection, can't remember if it was with the band or outside band booking type management.Leopard seems to have some connections too, and actually gave us a heads up about what I think is happening right now, but he has not posted in a while (nor have I gotten any PMs from him).
I think his father was A&R for the band or something.

Finally...

PEARL JAM ON TOUR IN 2008

Pearl Jam announced today a ten date East Coast tour, which begins June 11th in West Palm Beach, FL and wraps up June 30th in Mansfield, MA.

A Ten Club pre-sale for eligible members will begin on Monday, March 24th at 9am PDT. You must be an active member of the Ten Club by Wednesday, March 19, 2008 to qualify for the pre-sale ticket opportunity. We will stagger

ticket sales to control web traffic, so please pay attention to the

corresponding pre-sale dates and times. Pre-sale tickets are first come

first serve, while supplies last. Pre-sales for any available tickets will

remain open until Friday, March 28th at 5pm PDT.

Tickets for the general public will go on sale through Ticketmaster.com and

all Ticketmaster outlets. Public on-sale information will be posted on

pearljam.com in the near future.

Ten Club tickets will be available online only at www.tenclub.net/goods with

a Visa or Mastercard as the only acceptable form of payment. No phone, mail or email orders. Two tickets per show/per member will be allowed. No single tickets are sold through the Ten Club. The base ticket price will vary per show, plus additional venue and handling fees.

Tickets will be allocated by seniority within the Ten Club, meaning the

longer you have been an active member, the closer your seats will be to the

stage. However, for this tour, we are implementing a slight change - rows

1-2 and rows 9-10 will now be RANDOM distribution. This means regardless of your member number you will have a chance of occupying seats within those random rows. We thank all of our diligent, loyal fans for accepting this

change gracefully. Please share the love.

Everything else is the same - Tickets will be distributed on the day of the

show at the box office of the venue at Will Call. The fan club member, not the cardholder, must be present to collect the tickets. No exceptions. All sales are final. NO refunds. NO exchanges. NO transfers. Reselling of Ten Club tickets will result in revocation of all future ticket privileges and

suspension of your Ten Club membership.

Click here http://tenclub.net/tenclub/tickets.php for information on the

official rules, policies, and procedures for purchasing tickets from the Ten

Club. We highly recommend that you read these details before purchasing

tickets to a show so you are aware of how the ticketing system will work for

you!

The opening act for dates June 11-17 will be Kings of Leon. Opening act for

dates June 19-30 will be Ted Leo and The Pharmacists.

All dates and times are subject to change.

DATE......CITY/STATE.........VENUE........... .....PRE-SALE DATE/TIME

Jun 11 -- West Palm, FL -- Cruzan Amp. -- March 24, 9am PDT

Jun 12 -- Tampa, FL -- St. Pete Forum --- March 24, 11am PDT

Jun 16 -- Columbia, SC -- Colonial Ctr. --- March 24, 1pm PDT

Jun 17 -- Virginia Bch, VA -- Verizon Amp. -- March 25, 9am PDT

Jun 19 -- Camden, NJ -- Susquehanna --- March 25, 11am PDT

Jun 22 -- Washington, DC -- Verizon Center -- March 25, 1pm PDT

Jun 24 -- New York, NY -- MSG Arena -- March 26, 9am PDT

Jun 25 -- New York, NY -- MSG Arena -- March 26, 11am PDT

Jun 27 -- Hartford, CT -- Dodge Amp. --- March 27, 9am PDT

Jun 30 -- Mansfield, MA -- Tweeter Center -- March 27, 11am PDT

** June 12-15 Pearl Jam will perform at the Bonnaroo Music Festival in

Manchester, TN. Tickets are currently on sale through www.bonnaroo.com.

For additional questions, please contact tickets@tenclub.net or call

1-800-724-8038.

ETA the bolded info...looks like the short timers finally get their wish :bag:

Finally...PEARL JAM ON TOUR IN 2008Pearl Jam announced today a ten date East Coast tour, which begins June 11th in West Palm Beach, FL and wraps up June 30th in Mansfield, MA.Tickets sold to the general public will go on sale through Ticketmaster.com and all Ticketmaster outlets. Public on-sale information will be posted on pearljam.com in the near future.A Ten Club pre-sale for eligible members will begin on Monday, March 24th at 9am PDT. You must be an active member of the Ten Club by Wednesday March 19, 2008 to qualify for the pre-sale ticket opportunity. We will stagger ticket sales to control web traffic, so please pay attention to the corresponding pre-sale dates and times. Pre-sale tickets are first come first serve, while supplies last. Pre-sales for any available tickets will remain open until Friday, March 28th at 5pm PDT.Click here for information on the official rules, policies, and procedures for purchasing tickets from the Ten Club. We highly recommend that you read these details before purchasing tickets to a show so you are aware of how the ticketing system will work for you!The opening act for dates June 11-17 will be Kings of Leon. Opening act for dates June 19-30 will be Ted Leo and The Pharmacists.All dates and times are subject to change.DATE CITY VENUE PRE-SALE DATE/TIME JUN 11 West Palm, FL Cruzan Amp. Mar-24 at 9am PDT JUN 12 Tampa, FL St. Pete Forum Mar-24 at 11am PDT JUN 12-15 Manchester, TN Bonnaroo bonnaroo.com JUN 16 Columbia, SC Colonial Ctr. Mar-24 at 1pm PDT JUN 17 Virginia Beach, VA Verizon Amp. Mar-25 at 9am PDT JUN 19 Camden, NJ Susquehanna Mar-25 at 11am PDT JUN 22 Washington, DC Verizon Center Mar-25 at 1pm PDT JUN 24 New York City, NY MSG Arena Mar-26 at 9am PDT JUN 25 New York City, NY MSG Arena Mar-26 at 11am PDT JUN 27 Hartford, CT Dodge Amp. Mar-27 at 9am PDT JUN 30 Mansfield, MA Tweeter Center Mar-27 at 11am PDT
Needless to say, disappointed again. Nothing at all in Texas/Louisiana/Alabama.....nor are any of the shows on weekends! That blows my mind. Small chance I can swing the West Palm/Tampa shows....but I'll have to take 2 days off of work :shrug:

So what are the chances that they add more dates for July and/or August?
Who knows? The old 10 club would have announced all the dates at once, but for some reason starting with the last tour, they announced everything in legs. Really screws everything up IMO

Columbia, SC, here I come. Doubt I will hit any of the other shows as money is tight.
This is my only hope as well. Just over 2 weeks after our 2nd child is to be born however, but that'd be a good excuse to take the following day off. Now, I've just got to find a buddy who wants to ride over and go with me. I'll let you know if I'm going, KT.Is there a limit on # of tickets per member per show?Edit: Still sold in pairs only.

This is my only hope as well. Just over 2 weeks after our 2nd child is to be born however, but that'd be a good excuse to take the following day off. Now, I've just got to find a buddy who wants to ride over and go with me. I'll let you know if I'm going, KT.Is there a limit on # of tickets per member per show?Edit: Still sold in pairs only.
Definitely let me know. My wife and I will be going, its a 2 and 1/2 hour drive for us. You need to find a way to go, as Pearl Jam shows in the south seem to be less frequent than having children.

The only question is do I go to Camden and MSG or both MSG dates. The 25th is the anniversary so that might not work.

How were the set lists for the last tour. Similar night to night or nice change with staple songs

Definitely let me know. My wife and I will be going, its a 2 and 1/2 hour drive for us. You need to find a way to go, as Pearl Jam shows in the south seem to be less frequent than having children.
Looking promising. Got a go from the wife, and my friend said he should be able to make it. We might even have another buddy or two go also if they get general tickets when they go on sale. I'd have to think Columbia will be one of the easier ones on this tour to score 10C tickets for, right? Unless some folks decide to extend their trip to Bonnaroo. What's your 10C #, KT? I'm 129xxx.ETA: Another bonus for going,KT - you can now buy Bear Republic beers in SC, and Founders is rumored to be there in a matter of weeks. :D

Well not exactly what I was hoping for. As somebody mentioned, we have no idea if this is it or not, and that sucks. I can really see them hitting up some non east coast places in the Fall, especially being an election year.

Looks like besides two in NYC, the closest shows to each other are the Florida shows? Not sure how close Hartford/Mansfield are...or Columbia/Va Beach.

AcerFC said:
The only question is do I go to Camden and MSG or both MSG dates. The 25th is the anniversary so that might not work. How were the set lists for the last tour. Similar night to night or nice change with staple songs
Always varies from show to show. You can check out the set lists on www.pearljam.comFor me, both MSGs are for certain, with Camden in the mix. Only tough part is they are all during the week.Would love to venture to an area where my 10C # would pay bigger dividends (116XXX), but, with the new policy, guess it doesn't matter as much now.

HALLELUJAH !!!...of course my Ten Club membership expired last week. :bag:
I got an email right after mine expired saying I had 3 months to renew and keep my #. I don't know if that would apply for eligibility for the tour, but it might be worth asking. And hey, any ticket is better than not going.

Users who are viewing this thread