What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official Pearl Jam Thread*** (2 Viewers)

HALLELUJAH !!!...of course my Ten Club membership expired last week. :unsure:
I got an email right after mine expired saying I had 3 months to renew and keep my #. I don't know if that would apply for eligibility for the tour, but it might be worth asking. And hey, any ticket is better than not going.
I told them to shove their membership up their collective ### after I received no newsletters, no christmas single, and they bypassed Florida twice. I might as well have lit a $20 on fire and thrown it out the window.

HALLELUJAH !!!...of course my Ten Club membership expired last week. :shrug:
I got an email right after mine expired saying I had 3 months to renew and keep my #. I don't know if that would apply for eligibility for the tour, but it might be worth asking. And hey, any ticket is better than not going.
I told them to shove their membership up their collective ### after I received no newsletters, no christmas single, and they bypassed Florida twice. I might as well have lit a $20 on fire and thrown it out the window.
Simmer down, Bill. Get that #### renewed.

The more I think about it, the more I'm ####### pissed at the way they are handling these things now. Just f'n tell us if there is going to be another leg scheduled! And absolutely nothing on weekends!

HALLELUJAH !!!...of course my Ten Club membership expired last week. :goodposting:
I think it's too late now - it says membership had to be current as of 3/19. F it - there's always ticketmaster :irony:

HALLELUJAH !!!...of course my Ten Club membership expired last week. :goodposting:
I think it's too late now - it says membership had to be current as of 3/19. F it - there's always ticketmaster :irony:
You're right...that sucks.

The more I think about it, the more I'm ####### pissed at the way they are handling these things now. Just f'n tell us if there is going to be another leg scheduled! And absolutely nothing on weekends!
Yeah this is getting to me too (the legs, not so much weekends). Since Dallas was not part of this group, you could venture to say there will be more. Not sure if there is anything worthwhile in the Pit right now....

Needless to say, disappointed again. Nothing at all in Texas/Louisiana/Alabama.....nor are any of the shows on weekends! That blows my mind. Small chance I can swing the West Palm/Tampa shows....but I'll have to take 2 days off of work :lmao:
You got a bed here if you can swing us the money seats :thumbdown:

Per the Arena PJ is pending in Dallas on Thurs, Sept 25...which would lead into ACL :popcorn:

Email I just received back from Superpages.com Center:Confirmed EventsAnnounce ONSALEDATE SHOW # STATUS Date DATESat 12-Apr JayZ/Mary J Blige 1 Confirmed done on saleFri 25-Apr Rush 1 Confirmed done on saleSat 26-Apr Avril Lavigne 1 Confirmed done on saleThur 1-May Kanye West 1 Confirmed done on saleFri 2-May Roger Waters 1 Confirmed done on saleSun 18-May Radiohead 1 Confirmed done on saleWed 21-May The Police 1 Confirmed done on saleFri 30-May Steve Miller Band 1 Confirmed done on saleSun 15-Jun Chicago/Doobie Bros 1 Confirmed 21-Mar 29-MarSat 21-Jun Rascal Flatts 1 Confirmed done onsaleSun 22-Jun True Colors 1 Confirmed done 22-MarSat 28-Jun STP 1 Pending Thur 3-Jul Warped Tour 1 Confirmed done 29-MarWed 9-Jul Jonas Brothers 1 Confirmed 29-MarThur 17-Jul Martina McBride 1 Confirmed 19-Apr Fri 18-Jul Tony Hawk BBHJ 1 Hold Thur 24-Jul 311/Snoop Dogg 1 Confirmed 3-May Fri 25-Jul Mayhem Tour 1 Confirmed 19-Apr Sat 26-Jul Foreigner/Bryan Adams 1 Confirmed 2-Apr 12-AprSun 27-Jul Journey/Heart/CTrick 1 Confirmed 5-Arp Fri 1-Aug John Mayer 1 Pending Sat 2-Aug Brad Paisley 1 Confirmed 17-May Fri 8-Aug Kid Rock 1 Pending Sat 9-Aug Yes 1 Confirmed 29-Mar Fri 15-Aug Nine Inch Nails 1 Pending Sat 16-Aug DMB 1 Confirmed done 29-MarFri 22-Aug Judas Priest 1 Confirmed 5-Apr Sat 23-Aug Projekt Revolution 1 Confirmed 19-AprFri 5-Sep Toby Keith 1 Confirmed 28-JunSat 6-Sep Maroon 5 1 Confirmed 12-Apr Fri/Sat 12-Sep Rochester Jazz Festival 2 Pending Fri 19-Sep Santana 1 Pending Thur 25-Sep Pearl Jam 1 Pending

Debating Columbia the most right now. Would fly down to Charlotte and stay with a friend. Columbia is only about 90 min from Charlotte. Anyone else thinking Columbia?

Hoping for some more dates for the Fall.

Tremendous Upside said:
Hoping the 10C NYC tix sale isn't a ####showWould hate to get shut out
:thumbup: Did all of the EV dates go on sale at one time?Let's hope the staggered times cuts some of the traffic. And, hopefully, the number of ####### seeing if they can get tickets even if they aren't planning on going will be low :thumbup: Glad I am not planning on attending any of the first dates on sale. I am sure the Pit will give a readout as to how things went.Blocked out my work calendar for the on sale times of interest. No time to be multitasking.

Tremendous Upside said:
:loco: Did all of the EV dates go on sale at one time?Let's hope the staggered times cuts some of the traffic. And, hopefully, the number of ####### seeing if they can get tickets even if they aren't planning on going will be low :mellow: Glad I am not planning on attending any of the first dates on sale. I am sure the Pit will give a readout as to how things went.Blocked out my work calendar for the on sale times of interest. No time to be multitasking.
Yeah, all the EV shows were at once...It was a nightmare

Tremendous Upside said:
:nerd: Did all of the EV dates go on sale at one time?Let's hope the staggered times cuts some of the traffic. And, hopefully, the number of ####### seeing if they can get tickets even if they aren't planning on going will be low :football: Glad I am not planning on attending any of the first dates on sale. I am sure the Pit will give a readout as to how things went.Blocked out my work calendar for the on sale times of interest. No time to be multitasking.
you hitting up anything other than NYC?

Tremendous Upside said:
:nerd: Did all of the EV dates go on sale at one time?Let's hope the staggered times cuts some of the traffic. And, hopefully, the number of ####### seeing if they can get tickets even if they aren't planning on going will be low :football: Glad I am not planning on attending any of the first dates on sale. I am sure the Pit will give a readout as to how things went.Blocked out my work calendar for the on sale times of interest. No time to be multitasking.
you hitting up anything other than NYC?
Unlikely at this point...Between Santa Barbara for Vedder and the 2 NYC shows, my PJ budget for 08 is too red as it is

Went in just now, queued up two W. Palm tickets without any issues.

Two things to note:

Never seen the site load faster for a sale.

Tickets are still available one hour and 15 min after they went up. Not likely for all locations of course, but maybe for the Florida sites, SC and VABeach.

Went in just now, queued up two W. Palm tickets without any issues. Two things to note: Never seen the site load faster for a sale. Tickets are still available one hour and 15 min after they went up. Not likely for all locations of course, but maybe for the Florida sites, SC and VABeach.
Do you get your seat locations right away or on the day of?

Went in just now, queued up two W. Palm tickets without any issues. Two things to note: Never seen the site load faster for a sale. Tickets are still available one hour and 15 min after they went up. Not likely for all locations of course, but maybe for the Florida sites, SC and VABeach.
Do you get your seat locations right away or on the day of?
I didn't buy them...just went as far as you could go without paying.You're not gonna know your seat locations until day of the show. That's not changin' I don't think.

Got my pair for Columbia - $142. No hiccups at all in the ordering process. Hope this bodes well for the rest of you as I'm sure demand will be much higher for many of the later shows.

TF> No seat locations yet. I think we won't find out until day of the show, especially due to the random rows.

:kicksrock:

Got my pair for Columbia - $142. No hiccups at all in the ordering process. Hope this bodes well for the rest of you as I'm sure demand will be much higher for many of the later shows. TF> No seat locations yet. I think we won't find out until day of the show, especially due to the random rows. :confused:
GLLLLL

still 10c tickets left for the southern shows
And people wonder why they don't go down there...Seriously, anyone have thoughts on this? I'm more suprised at Florida than SC. I'm guessing they picked Columbia due to it's central-ishness between Charlotte/Atlanta/Bonaroo, so I'm a little suprised at this. People hoping for more dates? Travel is expensive / tough times financially for alot of people? Locations just far enough that the Midwest won't travel, let alone the West? Interest is declining (I don't think so)? They have more 10C seats than usual? People banking on NYC/Camden/Boston knowing at this point they can fall back on the south?

Last edited by a moderator:
I would've made the trip if they'd played NO or B'ham. I have nobody to stay (or go to the show) with in Columbia or FLA.

And people wonder why they don't go down there...Seriously, anyone have thoughts on this? I'm more suprised at Florida than SC. I'm guessing they picked Columbia due to it's central-ishness between Charlotte/Atlanta/Bonaroo, so I'm a little suprised at this. People hoping for more dates? Travel is expensive / tough times financially for alot of people? Locations just far enough that the Midwest won't travel, let alone the West? Interest is declining (I don't think so)? They have more 10C seats than usual? People banking on NYC/Camden/Boston knowing at this point they can fall back on the south?
I'm guessing the weekday thing is a pretty big hit. Doubt many pj fans are in college anymore and are in the workforce. It's pretty tough for me to take 3 days off of work to hit up the tampa/west palm shows even though those are the closest ones.

And people wonder why they don't go down there...
I think this may be the effect, not the cause. It's been 5 years, I think, since their last "tour" in the South (not counting Asheville & Orlando in 2004). That's another $100 in fan club dues. That's 5 more chances for someone to forget and let their membership lapse. Only one album during that time too. I just don't think you can ignore/slight a group of fans for that long without any repercussions. Out of sight, out of mind. Also, the weekday show dates and distance between shows doesn't help travelers either.

I think this may be the effect, not the cause. It's been 5 years, I think, since their last "tour" in the South (not counting Asheville & Orlando in 2004). That's another $100 in fan club dues. That's 5 more chances for someone to forget and let their membership lapse. Only one album during that time too. I just don't think you can ignore/slight a group of fans for that long without any repercussions. Out of sight, out of mind. Also, the weekday show dates and distance between shows doesn't help travelers either.
As someone who has been in the fan club since 94, i think there is a lot of truth in your statement. To me, it's the entire way the tour was announced after the pearl jam album came out. For every other tour, all legs of the tour were announced at the same time AND all of the major southern cities (Dallas, Houston, Atlanta) were always included. For the pearl jam tour, they announced the shows one leg at a time...so what I (and many southern fans) had to do was make a decision in 2 days what show I wanted to attend. This included hotel, plane, etc.......all the while not knowing if they would even come near me. I was working under the assumption that they would eventually hit up Dallas/Houston/Atlanta so I never bought any tickets. It ended up biting me in the ###. I was extremely upset and for the most part disappointed in teh way it was all handled. If they would have announced everything together, or at least said they had no intentions of coming to those cities; i would have gladly planned to go to Boston for 3 straigh shows.Now I'll be paying 10c dues until the day i die, but I fully understand how the semi casual 10c member can be pretty pissed off

Tiger Fan said:
regularguy said:
Bobcat10 said:
Tiger Fan said:
As someone who has been in the fan club since 94, i think there is a lot of truth in your statement. To me, it's the entire way the tour was announced after the pearl jam album came out. For every other tour, all legs of the tour were announced at the same time AND all of the major southern cities (Dallas, Houston, Atlanta) were always included. For the pearl jam tour, they announced the shows one leg at a time...so what I (and many southern fans) had to do was make a decision in 2 days what show I wanted to attend. This included hotel, plane, etc.......all the while not knowing if they would even come near me. I was working under the assumption that they would eventually hit up Dallas/Houston/Atlanta so I never bought any tickets. It ended up biting me in the ###. I was extremely upset and for the most part disappointed in teh way it was all handled. If they would have announced everything together, or at least said they had no intentions of coming to those cities; i would have gladly planned to go to Boston for 3 straigh shows.Now I'll be paying 10c dues until the day i die, but I fully understand how the semi casual 10c member can be pretty pissed off
For sure. Since this isn't a "tour" imo, more like a mini-tour, I'm not sure they should be held to releasing all possible shows for later this fall lets say. Although, if there are no plans for anything beyond these dates this year, then they should also come out and say that. But for their next large scale tour, they better have listened to all the complainers about how to announce dates. It was a major inconveinience for most people, and we're the one's paying alot of money to see them, so they need to get their stuff in order ahead of time.

Got my Camden tix for me and Zilla :thumbup: :lmao:
:thumbup:Pray for us NYCers who are gong to be trying tomorrowI have a bad feeling about it
it was very smooth
Same for me too with the Camden tix. Much more smooth than in the past.
I wonder whether that is due to increased tech specs for the site and how much is demand...Kind of thinking that as long as I am on at the stroke of noon, I may be OK

Got my Camden tix for me and Zilla :wolf: :wolf:
:thumbup:Pray for us NYCers who are gong to be trying tomorrowI have a bad feeling about it
it was very smooth
I wonder whether that is due to increased tech specs for the site and how much is demand...Kind of thinking that as long as I am on at the stroke of noon, I may be OK
I would guess a combination of both. I really think the weekday shows are preventing a lot of the people that travel from going to multiple shows. I would love to get up for one or both of the NYC shows, but just can't do it with work. $150 a pair may have something to do with it also. I don't ever remember tickets being that expensive.

I guess I should feel fortunate that I could get off work pretty much when I want with decent notice (I have 200+ hours built up to use). I would absolutely be going crazy if work was the main cause holding me up from going to these shows.

Got my Camden tix for me and Zilla :bs: :shrug:
it was very smooth
I would guess a combination of both. I really think the weekday shows are preventing a lot of the people that travel from going to multiple shows. I would love to get up for one or both of the NYC shows, but just can't do it with work. $150 a pair may have something to do with it also. I don't ever remember tickets being that expensive.
Actually, I just read a great post on the 10c message boards: The Vic and EV solo shows are fresh in everyone's minds, and those are clearly shows where the demand greatly outweighed the supply. I don't ever remember anyone having issues with 10c tix selling out to full size venue PJ shows.....

Got my Camden tix for me and Zilla :thumbup: :lol:
it was very smooth
Actually, I just read a great post on the 10c message boards: The Vic and EV solo shows are fresh in everyone's minds, and those are clearly shows where the demand greatly outweighed the supply. I don't ever remember anyone having issues with 10c tix selling out to full size venue PJ shows.....
I do believe there have been server issues in the past even with larger venue sales. But, IIRC, you are correct that, despite those troubles, you can still get tix. Just keep refreshing/hitting the ticket icon until the BUY button appears.Good luck to all tomorrow...all should be good (that fact that there are still Camden tickets being sold is a positive sign)

Friend sent this to me from a PJ board he read...

"Played a secret show in seatle last night. Here is what I got..

Hi -

Just got back from the show and saw your message. No April Fool's trick. This is just a warm up for his solo tour. I am truly blessed to have been at this show. Small community center in West Seattle - just down the street from from Ed's place. I had bought the last of 50 tix sold at Easy Street (WS) and there were about 120+ people there. The other ES has some for sale and there were promo/label tickets also. It was billed as a 'Into The Wild Event' "wink, wink" - - 5 bucks! My friend who tipped me was already there in line with a few people. He secured a front row (folding chair) seats for a small group of us and they were serving beer. We were 5 feet away. After a while Ed came on stage for a one hour plus solo set. Opened with 'Walking The Cow' (love it) played accousic, electric, mandolin, electric uke and even banjo. 'Trouble' from Harold & Maude (Cat Stevens) and the closing song from that movie (the latter on banjo), Millworker (James Taylor), Around The Bend, I am Mine, Dead Man, No More, I Won't Back Down, songs from Into The Wild and closed with Bob Dylan's Forever Young. Killlllller poster for ('both') shows. Matt, the owner of Easy Street, even asked me if it made up for not being able to let me in when PJ played Easy Street (not even he could let me in / tight) and it of course did. No pix allowed and I doubt there will be a boot. I am somewhat friends with John, one of the sound guys (worked at Silver Platters) - he recorded it as they do all their shows. Ed is so cool! - He was wearing a Police T-shirt under his flannel, said he doesn't share his political views on stage (ha!) and said he was sorry for misleading us into thinking this was going to be a viewing of Into The Wild but not as bad as someone should feel about being misleading others into the Iraq war. (They did it to keep the show 'secret')"

My buddy expects another kind of "secret" show in Seattle on April Fool's day (seriously). He's usually spot on.

As for me, not buying any tickets out east, although MSG and Mass were tempting...hoping for some more stuff on the west side.

Friend sent this to me from a PJ board he read..."Played a secret show in seatle last night. Here is what I got.. Hi -Just got back from the show and saw your message. No April Fool's trick. This is just a warm up for his solo tour. I am truly blessed to have been at this show. Small community center in West Seattle - just down the street from from Ed's place. I had bought the last of 50 tix sold at Easy Street (WS) and there were about 120+ people there. The other ES has some for sale and there were promo/label tickets also. It was billed as a 'Into The Wild Event' "wink, wink" - - 5 bucks! My friend who tipped me was already there in line with a few people. He secured a front row (folding chair) seats for a small group of us and they were serving beer. We were 5 feet away. After a while Ed came on stage for a one hour plus solo set. Opened with 'Walking The Cow' (love it) played accousic, electric, mandolin, electric uke and even banjo. 'Trouble' from Harold & Maude (Cat Stevens) and the closing song from that movie (the latter on banjo), Millworker (James Taylor), Around The Bend, I am Mine, Dead Man, No More, I Won't Back Down, songs from Into The Wild and closed with Bob Dylan's Forever Young. Killlllller poster for ('both') shows. Matt, the owner of Easy Street, even asked me if it made up for not being able to let me in when PJ played Easy Street (not even he could let me in / tight) and it of course did. No pix allowed and I doubt there will be a boot. I am somewhat friends with John, one of the sound guys (worked at Silver Platters) - he recorded it as they do all their shows. Ed is so cool! - He was wearing a Police T-shirt under his flannel, said he doesn't share his political views on stage (ha!) and said he was sorry for misleading us into thinking this was going to be a viewing of Into The Wild but not as bad as someone should feel about being misleading others into the Iraq war. (They did it to keep the show 'secret')"My buddy expects another kind of "secret" show in Seattle on April Fool's day (seriously). He's usually spot on.As for me, not buying any tickets out east, although MSG and Mass were tempting...hoping for some more stuff on the west side.
:goodposting:

Someone explain this to me. If I am not a ten club member then I cant buy tix? Just confused. I went on to ticketmaster and they have nothing

Someone explain this to me. If I am not a ten club member then I cant buy tix? Just confused. I went on to ticketmaster and they have nothing
10C members get pre-sale priorities. Basically, X amount of tickets are withheld per show for the 10C and this done before public tickets go on sale. All great seats too.I'm not sure when Ticketmaster will announce when tickets go onsale to the public, assuming they have not yet.

You can't buy advance tickets. Regular tickets go on sale at a later date.
Thanksand
10C members get pre-sale priorities. Basically, X amount of tickets are withheld per show for the 10C and this done before public tickets go on sale. All great seats too.I'm not sure when Ticketmaster will announce when tickets go onsale to the public, assuming they have not yet.
ThanksAlthough I know I am in the minority, I much prefer to be farther away these days so I can sit and enjoy instead of standing the whole show (Time to get on me for being old). My days of standing for shows and being in the action are done. I can wait for public tix

Users who are viewing this thread