What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

PDSL Draft/Team Commentary (1 Viewer)

RB: James 9, Rhodes 6, Moats 9, Turner 3, Suggs 6, Griffin 3 - If Rhodes wins the starting job, this will be an impressive group.  I expect Moats to get carries after what he showed last year.  I think you'll see more carries for Turner and Griffin as the coaches try to reduce the wear on LT and LJ.  Hoping Suggs can win a 3rd down back job.  I really only need one of 5 to contribute each week and I'll be fine at RB.  B
Seriously? You have one starting running back, and he's the Arizona back.
Very Serious...for comparisonSteven Jackson / Edge - Push

Jamal Lewis / Rhodes - Both will likely split time. Rookie in Indy = MA in Balt. Indy by far the superior offense. Push.

Cedric Houston / Moats&Turner - Martin will be back. Don't see much separation here.

Jerious Norwood / Suggs - Suggs has more talent. Opportunity for either???

Stephen Davis / Griffin - Both dark horses, mine is on a roster that has the most prolific rushing offense in the league.

Being able to trot out 6 backs every week compensates for a lack of quality. You scored your backs as a "B" and I see mine being on par with yours.
Wow. I don't see it that way at all. I'll give you Jackson/Edge, although I have very little confidence in Edge as a stud RB.

I can't give you Lewis/Rhodes, though. I don't see Lewis splitting time, so much as being the lead back in a power back offense.

Rhodes, on the other hand, is #2 on the depth chart after a player to be named later. I think you're underestimating the impact of "rookie in Indy". Of course, if Indy doesn't draft a rookie, then I'd put Rhodes well ahead of Lewis. But that's a big gamble for your RB2.

As for the rest of them, all of them need opportunity. I'd put Houston's opportunity well ahead of Moats or Turner, neither of whom has a chance of unseating their incumbent. I'd put Suggs well ahead of Norwood in terms of opportunity, but Suggs hasn't proven himself to be even a bye week contributer as a backup in Crennell's team - 8 rushes for 15 yards with another 6 catches for 26 on the season.

All in all, you have a bunch of guys who could be good starters if things fall into place. I have two guys who are starters, a third competing for the starting job, and a couple of shots in the dark.

I'm not trying to be critical of your team - I think you have a very solid team around those backs. I just think the one area of weakness on your team is at running back.

QB

4.10 bostonfred - Drew Bledsoe, QB7, DAL

7.07 bostonfred - Brad Johnson, QB23, MIN

I doubt anyone looks at these QBs and puts them any better than middle of the pack, but I'm pretty happy with them.  I like Bledsoe a lot this year.  The quarterback throwing to Owens has traditionally been top three in the league.  Then again, I made the same arguments for Collins last year.  I drafted Brad Johnson thinking that the Vikings let go Culpepper because they were willing to go through a season or two with him as the starter, but if recent rumors are true and the Vikings draft a QB, this becomes tenuous at best.  C+
QB - B/B- (Nothing wrong with those 2. I give Bledsoe a higher grade than most. Even tho Tuna loves to run, Bledsoe will be asked to throw.)
Bostonfred

QB

Drew Bledsoe, QB, DAL 3

Brad Johnson, QB, MIN 6

IMO, Bledsoe has to be a leading candidate to be a Top 5 QB with Owens in the fold. And he rarely gets hurt (played all 16 games 6 of the past 7 seasons). Johnson is not exciting but there does not look to be anyone else to challenge him at the moment for the starting job. Best case scanario: Cowboys air it out like the early 90s Patriots and Owens cashes in big. Worst case scenario: Bledsoe misses a few games and Johnson is mediocre. GRADE: B+/A-.
Interesting. It looks like Bledsoe is going to be moving up people's draft boards if you guys are any indication. I was worried/hoping I might be the only one.

Last edited by a moderator:
RB: James 9, Rhodes 6, Moats 9, Turner 3, Suggs 6, Griffin 3 - If Rhodes wins the starting job, this will be an impressive group.  I expect Moats to get carries after what he showed last year.  I think you'll see more carries for Turner and Griffin as the coaches try to reduce the wear on LT and LJ.  Hoping Suggs can win a 3rd down back job.  I really only need one of 5 to contribute each week and I'll be fine at RB.  B

Jamal Lewis / Rhodes - Both will likely split time. Rookie in Indy = MA in Balt. Indy by far the superior offense. Push.

Cedric Houston / Moats&Turner - Martin will be back. Don't see much separation here.

Stephen Davis / Griffin - Both dark horses, mine is on a roster that has the most prolific rushing offense in the league.

Being able to trot out 6 backs every week compensates for a lack of quality. You scored your backs as a "B" and I see mine being on par with yours.
I agree with most everything except for the Jamal / Rhodes comparison. You can't sit with a straight face and call those two a push. The mere fact that there's 4 rounds seperating them should be proof evidence.

Jeff Pasquino

QB

Drew Brees, QB, NO 7

Mark Brunell, QB, WAS 8

Jason Campbell, QB, WAS 8

I don't think Brees does as well in NO as he did in SD, and I am on record (still) as not expecting much from any Saints until further notice. Brunell and Campbell should be OK. Brunell ranked in the 20s last year despite a hot start. Adding other WR should help some (but could hurt Moss). Best case scenario: Brees keeps up what he's done the last couple of years and Washington starts to pass more. OVERALL: B-/B.

RB

Clinton Portis, RB, WAS 8

Reuben Droughns, RB, CLE 6

Curtis Martin, RB, NYJ 9

Mike Anderson, RB, BAL 7

Maurice Hicks, RB, SF 7

Portis is obviously a stud and Droughns should be a solid #2. Droughns had a solid year last year and played in every game but still ranked 20th as far as RBs go. He needs to catch more passes and get in to the end zone, which may be a univesal theme in Cleveland this year. I'm not sure what to make of Martin. I'm guessing he gets the slight majority in a RBBC. Anderson will get some work in BAL but not starter's work. SF is a bit of a mystery right now, but I would not think Hicks will be prominent without injuries to Barlow and Gore. Best case scenario: Portis produces like he did at the end of last year (18-20 ppg) and Droughns stays healthy and gets into the end zone. Worst case scenario: Portis produces like he did in the beginning of last year (11-13 ppg), Droughns gets nicked, and Martin goes to part time status. GRADE: B+/A- (an A if Martin is a regular starter).

WR

Santana Moss, WR, WAS 8

Joe Jurevicius, WR, CLE 6

Samie Parker, WR, KC 3

Bobby Engram, WR, SEA 5

Antwaan Randle El, WR, WAS 8

DJ Hackett, WR, SEA 5

Moss was great last year but other guys were brought in that could take away from his production. Joe J may be the #1 guy until Edwards comes back. But what does being the #1 guy in CLE really get you? Parker returns as the #2 WR in KC, but LJ and TG are the cogs in the offense and Kennison the primary WR. Engram should go back to being a third receiver. Hackett will only get table scraps unless there are injuries. Randle El is a decent has-a-big-game-once-in-a-while type. Other than Moss, none of the others have the WOW factor. Best case sceanrio: Moss repeats his 2005 success and the other guys get more receptions than they have ever gotten before. (Other than Moss, collectively the rest of the WR have had 7 seasons with 50 receptions out of 25 total seasons played). Worst case scenario: Moss dips, Jurevicius is Jurevicius (ie a good WR3 but not a regular NFL starter), the other guys all produce at a moderate rate. GRADE: B-/B.

TE

Alge Crumpler, TE, ATL 5

Adam Bergen, TE, ARI 9

Crumpler is always solid. Bergen is 100% speculation, as he has no track record (wonder why another more proven guy was not taken instead). GRADE: B/B+.

PK

John Carney, PK, NO 7

Martin Gramatica, PK, NE 6

See my statement about Saints players above. And there is no guarantee Gramatica even makes the team. He got no signing bonus and other guys will be brought in for tryouts and/or drafted. Great pick if he sticks. If not, not so much (but not a costly gamble). GRADE: B/B+ if Gramatica stay with NE (C/C+ if he doesn't).

DEF

Miami Dolphins, DEF 8

Cleveland Browns, DEF 6

I do like this tandem and both could be Top 10 defenses this year. GRADE B+/A- with upside.

OVERALL

Confuscius say that those that put all their eggs in the same basket run the risk of having a lot of scrambled eggs. IMO, too many Redskins on this team making Week 8 a pretty dicey proposition. If there is a week when WAS is shut down (like they were in the playoffs), this whole team could suffer tremendously. OVERALL GRADE: B/B+.

Damn. I just lost about three pages worth of posts I was going to make here because my browser hung.

Long story short, thanks for the writeups guys. I appreciate you taking the time.

David Yudkin

QB

Aaron Brooks, QB, OAK 3

Jon Kitna, QB, DET 8

Billy Volek, QB, TEN 7

Talk about a crapshoot. Could have 3 every day starters. Could have 3 guys on the bench. IN APRIL, it's looking more and more like all 3 will start the year as starters. Collins ranked 13th last year on a ppg basis and Brooks should be viewed as somewhat better than Collins. Kitna goes to DET and with Martz. McNair more and more likely to get cut. Best case scenario: 3 staring QBs on 3 Top 5 passing attempt teams. Worst case scenario: None of these guys start, all 3 teams draft rookies, and all 3 teams are out of the playoff picture and turn the keys over to franchise rookies. GRADE: Place your bets . . . anywhere from A to an F and all points in between. I'll guess B/B+ but take that with a grain of salt.

RB

Tiki Barber, RB, NYG 4

Chester Taylor, RB, MIN 6

Chris Brown, RB, TEN 7

Kevin Faulk, RB, NE 6

Barber shows no signs of letting up but he is now on the wrong side of 30. I think Taylor will be this year's Lamont Jordan. Brown is a decent 3rd option if he's healthy (so once a month or so) and is a bit of a luxury. Faulk had around 30 receptions in half a season last year and is around to mitigate bye weeks with some marginal points on occasion. Best case scenario: Status quo for Barber, Taylor gets 300 touches, Brown plays in 14 games and doesn't give much to Henry. GRADE: B+/A-.

WR

Darrell Jackson, WR, SEA 5

Joey Galloway, WR, TB 4

Isaac Bruce, WR, STL 7

Michael Jenkins, WR, ATL 5

Andre' Davis, WR, BUF 8

Arnez Battle, WR, SF 7

Ronald Curry, WR, OAK 3

Irony is posting your pick for a WR1 10 minutes before it comes out that he just had more surgery. I'm not as concerned that he will miss time as others are, as we are still months and months away from the season starting. I doubt Galloway repeats last year's performance but he should still be a decent WR. Bruce is far from done and is younger than other WR that are considered still very productive. Jenkins, Davis, and Battle should be WR 1s or 2s (on their teams) and see a fair share of targets. Curry has had some big games when he's been in the lineup and could thow in a big week (if healthy) from time to time. Best case scenario: Stay the course from prior seasons and everyone sees a lot of passes coming their way. Worst case scenario: D-Jax misses time or is limited, Galloway goes back to being a secondary reciver, Bruce loses a step, the other guys don't pan out. GRADE: B+/A-.

TE

Kellen Winslow, Jr., TE, CLE 6

Bubba Franks, TE, GB 6

Same bye week is a problem but not a huge one. Franks in the 20th round could be a steal. Who the heck knows if Winslow will ever amount to anything. If he does, that turns a weakness into a strength. I think these two will be above average as a unit but am grading on the low side. GRADE: C+/B- with upside.

PK

Nate Kaeding, PK, SD 3

Rob Bironas, PK, TEN 7

I'm thinking SD scores fewer TDs and settles for more FG attempts with Rivers running the show. Bironas is not great but not terrible either. Their kickers and they both should have jobs. GRADE: B-/B.

DEF

Atlanta Falcons, DEF

Kansas City Chiefs, DEF

Atlanta probably improved some with Abraham and adding some depth at other positions. Probably Top 15. KC seems to always make up on allowing yards by scoring some return TD. Probably around Top 20. GRADE: C+/B-.

OVERALL

If I learned anything over the years in Survivor formats, loading up on guys that play is probably more important than loading up on guys that might get a chance to play. IMO, this squad has guys that should be on the field a lot and do not need a series of injuries or fortunate events to hang some fantasy points on the board. Based on that . . . OVERALL GRADE: B+/A- (but with a decent chance of the QB situation killing this team).

QB: EManning (4), Favre(6), Nall(8)

I like Manning this year to be a solid fantasy starter. Favre announces his intentions in about 8 hours and I fear that he will retire. Nall...ah, Nall. I got nervous about Favre retiring. I needed someone who had the best chance of playing in a given week, even if it was only 7-9 points. I considered Schaub, Garrard and Volek. I didn't think any of them could win the job outright. I like Griese alot and have him in Z30, but mistakenly marked him off my cheatsheet as taken. Bad luck. I do like Nall and think he can win the job in BUF and turn into a solid QB2 in a couple of years. But I need him to really "step it up" this year.

RB: CWilliams(4), RBush(5), GJones(6), Davenport(6), Cobbs(4)

I really like this group and think it is a real strength. Caddy and Reggie should be great starters for me. I feel confident that Jones will see alot of action. I think that with an aging Green in front of him, Davenport can beat out Gado and see some action as well. Cobbs is a shot in the dark, but I like his odds as I don't think Bell has impressed, Dayne is a joke and I don't think the Broncos will draft a RB in the first.

WR: Holt(7), Houshmandzadeh(5), Lloyd(8), RWhite(5), Vines(8), McDonald(7), Parrish(8)

Decent group of WRs that should be able to keep me in it. Holt and Housh are pretty solid, although both could see some decline from last year. Lloyd is better suited for WAS than SF. I like Roddy White this year, even with Vick as his QB. Vines, McDonald and Parrish are all WR3 or WR4 guys who should see a decent number of receptions, even if their yards and TDs aren't high.

TE: Miller(4), Anderson(3)

Probably my downfall. I do see Miller with more receptions this year, but I really needed to back him up with a solid reception guy like Troupe, Stevens or Watson and I failed.

PK: Reed(4)

Trying the one PK strategy. Feel like Reed is a good one. I like the early Bye, but week 4 will be tough with Manning, Caddy, Miller and Reed off.

DEF: JAX(6), ARI(9)

Ehh...nothing great. Wanted to go with the 3rd DEF instead of the extra WR, but all that was left was SF.

If Favre somehow stays and plays decent and if I can get by week 4, I think I have a shot. But I need Miller in particular to produce better than I think he will.
QB - A (The BIG story here is Nall.. What more can be said about Nall that hasn't alreayd been said. Nall = WOW. Nall = WHOA. With Nall on the squad, what more needs to be said?)In all seriousness, Eli and Favre (returning) make it a top notch bunch.

RB - B+ (Caddy is Top 10. Bush is a question mark Year 1. Dynasty awesome, redraft, I expect 50/50 carries at best. He'll make a good wideout so he'll find a way to contribute anyway. You'll get some production from Jones I'm sure.

WR - B+ (I would have given an A-, but Lloyd as the 3 seems weak to me. Holt and Housh are top notch, but its a big dropoff after that. Rod will contribute a week or 3, but I don't see much in the other picks if anything.

TE - C- (Heath and Courtney. Not alot of balls but an occasional TD. Heath will be better year 2.)

PK - C (Reed is great, but no depth will hurt. You need points from the position and some weeks you'll take a 3 and have to live with it.

D - B (Jax and Arizona will be more than solid. I think you'll be real happy with them.

Overall - Eli, Holt, Housh, Bush and Caddy. There's the squad. If anybody else contributes, its a plus. This is a GREAT DYNASTY squad, but not so sure about redraft. Give it another year, and it will be for sure... Have you been playin dynasty lately?
Thanks for the write up TL. Yeah, I wanted to take alot of young guys on this team. I succeeded, minus Favre. Although I agree with David's post above that you need guys that will be on the field, my thought for this league is that having some younger guys that get better and better as the year goes on could be a key to victory. Of course, there is the rookie wall that alot of rookie's hit, but for all my young players, I only have one rookie and he's one the best rookies to come out in awhile. We'll see how it plays out.

Since he asked . . .

Frank Black

QB

Jake Delhomme, QB, CAR 9

Jake Plummer, QB, DEN 4

Both were Top 12 but neither was really close to being elite. I'd guess that this year one will be Top 10 and the other Top 15. Either way, very solid at QB but doubtful either will vault up much beyond that. Best case scenario: Carolina struggles to run and Keyshawn opens up the passing attack. Denver somehow relies on Ron Dayne and he's Ron Dayne. GRADE: A-.

RB

Shaun Alexander, RB, SEA 5

Corey Dillon, RB, NE 6

Fred Taylor, RB, JAX 6

Alvin Pearman, RB, JAX 6

Maurice Morris, RB, SEA 5

Nick Goings, RB, CAR 9

Interesting call going with 6 RB, which I probably would not have done. You have to assume that SA is healthy and will count every week scoring wise . . . meaning everyone else is vying for the only other spot that scores at RB. I also am not a huge fan of handcuffing in this format, as you basically take up two roster spots to score one usable score each week. I probably would have taken SA, Dillon, and Taylor and none of the other guys (or another RB as a safety valve like a Pittman, KFaulk, or MMoore that might get some receptions no matter what). Best case scenario: Everyone stays healthy and Alexander matches last year's totals. Worst case scenario: Alexander gets hurt. Dillon and Taylor remain banged up as was the case last year. The other guys come along for the ride but don't play much. GRADE: Based on SA and # of guys on the roster: A.

WR

Marvin Harrison, WR, IND 6

Muhshin Muhammad, WR, CHI 7

Koren Robinson, WR, MIN 6

Troy Williamson, WR, MIN 6

Chris Henry, WR, CIN 5

Sinorice Moss, WR, Rookie

Harrison still looks like he has plenty left in the tank but days as a Top 3 uber stud are probably over. Muhammad should do better than last year (32nd WR) but still not close to what he did in CAR, so probably in the 20s. Unless someone emerges, I think MIN will have WRBC and several guys will share the workload. As long as the #1 guy varies from game to game, both K-Rob and Williamson could have some decent weeks. Henry should also have a handful of 10+ point weeks, so he should carry some value. Who knows about Moss. I would rather have seen another WR over a RB. WR as a whole not really a top tier strength but also not a big weakness either. Best case scenario: Harrison remains the same as always, Muhammad can have a healthy QB for a change, Minnesota passes a lot, and Palmer stays healthy in CIN. GRADE: B-/B (probably would have been a B+ with another WR that got playing time).

TE

Jermaine Wiggins, TE, MIN 6

Eric Johnson, TE, SF 7

Marcedes Lewis, TE, Rookie

Wiggins should again be Top 10. Johnson could be Top 10 or on the bench (or on IR), so that one is tough to call. Rookie TEs are not normally great investments. Seems like one TE too many, but hard to decipher. GRADE: B.

PK

Todd Peterson, PK, FA

Unless I missed the memo, Peterson is an UFA and not signed anywhere as of the moment. Many sites still list him as the Falcons' PK (even FBG), but to the best of my knowledge he IS NOT a Falcon as of today. He probably will re-sign, but if not . . . And there's only one rostered kicker as it is. GRADE: F (call it C- if Peterson returns).

DEF

Tennessee Titans, DEF 7

San Francisco 49ers, DEF 7

Probably two teams that will be bottom half. With the same bye week. Things could change, but I would not expect great things from either. Whether that impacts the team outlook for this squad, who knows. GRADE: C-.

OVERALL

Any team that has Alexander starts out with a decent advantage against the late drafting teams. QBs are strong. RB are strong. WR are decent enough, ditto for TE. DEF/ST and PK are definitely not great. I think I would have substituted a RB and TE for another kicker and a better defense. Week 6 is a disaster in the making. Potentially could have to take zeroes at PK and DEF in week 7. OVERALL GRADE: B/B+ with a legit chance to slip back if there is no kicker. I like this team a lot better if it survives Week 6.

Wow. I don't see it that way at all. I'll give you Jackson/Edge, although I have very little confidence in Edge as a stud RB.

I can't give you Lewis/Rhodes, though. I don't see Lewis splitting time, so much as being the lead back in a power back offense.

Rhodes, on the other hand, is #2 on the depth chart after a player to be named later. I think you're underestimating the impact of "rookie in Indy". Of course, if Indy doesn't draft a rookie, then I'd put Rhodes well ahead of Lewis. But that's a big gamble for your RB2.

As for the rest of them, all of them need opportunity. I'd put Houston's opportunity well ahead of Moats or Turner, neither of whom has a chance of unseating their incumbent. I'd put Suggs well ahead of Norwood in terms of opportunity, but Suggs hasn't proven himself to be even a bye week contributer as a backup in Crennell's team - 8 rushes for 15 yards with another 6 catches for 26 on the season.

All in all, you have a bunch of guys who could be good starters if things fall into place. I have two guys who are starters, a third competing for the starting job, and a couple of shots in the dark.

I'm not trying to be critical of your team - I think you have a very solid team around those backs. I just think the one area of weakness on your team is at running back.
I appreciate the critque Bfred.

I agree with most everything except for the Jamal / Rhodes comparison. You can't sit with a straight face and call those two a push. The mere fact that there's 4 rounds seperating them should be proof evidence.
Four rounds separated LJ and KJ last year. Numerous rounds separated Mike Anderson and Tatum Bell last year. Personally I think Rhodes slipped too far....1) He will get a chance to win the starting job.

2) He doesn't have Mike Anderson backing him up.

3) If a rookie is drafted, he may not adjust to Indy's complicated offense or may not be able to handle blitz pick ups. When Manning is your franchise player the coaching staff will error towards the side of protecting the QB.

4) Indy's offense is potent enough and will have enough goal line ops that even a part time back will post decent weeks in this format numerous times.

If Rhodes is relegated to back up duty, then my team will struggle at the RB position. On the other hand the upside exists that I got a second round pick in the 7th round (from memory).

FYI...after the draft is completed, I'm offering $10 to the first person who picks both the first to get booted and the sole survivor. One attempt only, no edits, must be posted within a week of the draft completion, I not tracking it so you must remember this thread, no hanky panky from the mods.
First Out: Ruds (sorry man)Winner: Radballs

Rzrback77 Drafting second Added grades looking for comments

QB 2.15 Peyton Manning Colts 6

QB 14.15 Kelly Holcombe Bils 8

QB 20.15 Jim Sorgi Colts 6

QB - A (If Manning stays healthy) I really like Manning's potential this year. He was off some last year from the record setting pace of 2004, but came on stronger down the stretch and this year the Colts go without Edge. I look for considerably better numbers than 05. Started to go solo with the Colts QB as I missed out on the QBs I was considering, but think that Holcombe has at least 50-50 chance of starting so I took a shot.

RB 1.02 Larry Johnson Chiefs 3

RB 3.02 Domanick Davis Texans 5

RB 6.15 Frank Gore 49ers 7

RB 16.15 Onterrio Smith ???

RB 17.2 Brian Calhoun Rookie

RB - A- unless Houston doesn't draft Bush Really like having a strong first RB which allowed the early Manning pick. I think LJ has a great chance at RB #1 this season with a great O Line and a conservative coach. D Davis is great in the PPR format and if Reggie Bush does not go to Houston, I think my 1-2 punch is the best in the league. Took a chance with Gore as the 49ers were not very successful on the ground last season but may improve. I think he has 60-40 chance of starting. I took a couple of wild cards late in case Davis has to share with Reggie and if Gore doesn't cut it.

WR 4.15 Javon Walker Packers 6 or ?

WR 8.15 Keenan McCardell Chargers 3

WR 7.2 Jerry Porter Raiders 3

WR 9.2 Amani Toomer Giants 4

WR 10.15 Ernest Wilford Jags 6

WR 11.2 Marty Booker Dolphins 8

WR 18.15 LeRon McCoy Cardinals 9

WR - B- lots of starters, no studs I like to have depth at WR because of the lack of consistency with the WR scoring. I like having potentially five starters. None of them should be top ten, unless Walker is completely healed, but six have opportunity to finish top fifty and I expect four to be top thirty. If they brother-in-law well at all that will suffice.

TE 5.2 Chris Cooley Redskins 8

TE 12.15 Leonard Pope Rookie

TE - B- Not nearly as strong here. Would really help if Pope goes somewhere he has a chance to play early (Denver?). Need for Cooley to stay involved in the offense and be a goal line target.

K 15.2 Mike Vanderjagt Cowboys 3

Kicker - C with only one He has typically been fairly reliable and I hope he is inspired by playing for a new team which should give him plenty of opportunities. I like the early bye week and decided to go solo with a solid performer and the early by week.

Defense 13.2 Carolina Panthers 9

Defense 19.2 San Diego Chargers 3

Defense - A- I used to believe that one defense is enough due to lack of injury difficulties, but looked at some of the scoring last year and discovered that was a major mistake. Like Carolina and hope that the Chargers come through a few weeks.

I really like this team with Manning, LJ, WR starting depth, and a good kicker and defense combo. Week 3 has no kicker, one defense and no LJ. Week 6 no Manning and less WR depth.

I have enjoyed drafting with this awesome group and hope that some of y'all will critique my team and drafting. :popcorn:

QB - A (If Manning stays healthy) I really like Manning's potential this year. He was off some last year from the record setting pace of 2004, but came on stronger down the stretch and this year the Colts go without Edge. I look for considerably better numbers than 05. Started to go solo with the Colts QB as I missed out on the QBs I was considering, but think that Holcombe has at least 50-50 chance of starting so I took a shot.

RB - A- unless Houston doesn't draft Bush Really like having a strong first RB which allowed the early Manning pick. I think LJ has a great chance at RB #1 this season with a great O Line and a conservative coach. D Davis is great in the PPR format and if Reggie Bush does not go to Houston, I think my 1-2 punch is the best in the league. Took a chance with Gore as the 49ers were not very successful on the ground last season but may improve. I think he has 60-40 chance of starting. I took a couple of wild cards late in case Davis has to share with Reggie and if Gore doesn't cut it.

WR - B- lots of starters, no studs I like to have depth at WR because of the lack of consistency with the WR scoring. I like having potentially five starters. None of them should be top ten, unless Walker is completely healed, but six have opportunity to finish top fifty and I expect four to be top thirty. If they brother-in-law well at all that will suffice.

TE - B- Not nearly as strong here. Would really help if Pope goes somewhere he has a chance to play early (Denver?). Need for Cooley to stay involved in the offense and be a goal line target.

Kicker - C with only one He has typically been fairly reliable and I hope he is inspired by playing for a new team which should give him plenty of opportunities. I like the early bye week and decided to go solo with a solid performer and the early by week.

Defense - A- I used to believe that one defense is enough due to lack of injury difficulties, but looked at some of the scoring last year and discovered that was a major mistake. Like Carolina and hope that the Chargers come through a few weeks.

I really like this team with Manning, LJ, WR starting depth, and a good kicker and defense combo. Week 3 has no kicker, one defense and no LJ. Week 6 no Manning and less WR depth.

I have enjoyed drafting with this awesome group and hope that some of y'all will critique my team and drafting. :popcorn:
Absolutely love the way you started the draft, but I personally think you squandered the opportunity to be the front runner. With LJ and Davis in hand plus Manning, you had a huge leg up on most of the field. IMO you should have come back with WR/WR/WR in rounds 4-6...Walker not being one of them. Walker was too big of a risk for a team that was as solid as yours. I think you overpaid for Cooley. I do like the talent you drafted late. Overall you will be a force to be reckoned with, I just think you had a opportunity to have a dominent team.

OVERALL:

For starters, I generally shy away from drafting too many rookies and this team stocks four. That 20% of the roster that is a bonafide crapshoot. The crux of the evaluation issue here is how to look at two A graded positions (QB and TE) weighed against a weak spot (RB) and a not as strong spot (WR). If I read the rules right, teams can only start 1 QB and 1 TE (no flex). The other spots start 5 each week. Gates will serve as the RB1, but unfortunately you still have to start two RB and can't score two TEs. IMO, Foster if Roster doesn't pan out (and I don't think he will), this team will have severe RB depth issues. Unfortunately, I think there is a decent chance that Gates' early bye will not allow other players on the roster to have earned more playing time, and Week 3 poses a major hurdle if Troupe and Foster don't compensate for Gates being out. I hope I'm wrong, but . . . OVREALL GRADE: C/C+.
Thanks for taking the time to do this. I'm well aware of my weakness at RB, but I don't think it's as big of a deal as many are making it out to be. I would've loved to have gotten a full stable of talented backs, but it just wasn't a realistic possibility. Rather than reaching for a marginal player, I decided to snag Gates. The way I see it, my TE1 will score like a RB1, my RB1 will score like a RB2, and my RB3 will score like a TE1. The end result should be about the same as teams who drafted better RBs and inferior TEs.

Also, I think it's important to remember that the point of survivor is not to have the highest scoring team each week, but rather to not have the lowest scoring team each week. My stability at TE and QB should help me avoid down weeks.

As far as the rookies go, I felt that they offered value where I got them (with the exception of Harrison, who I probably could've waited on). If Addai lands in Indianapolis then he could be a big time scorer. Even if he goes somewhere as a backup, he should get some catches. Holmes and Dem. Williams each have the potential to give me 700-800 yard seasons, which is more than I could've said for most of the veteran WRs left on the board.

Finally, I think Northcutt and McCareins are going to help. Sure, neither is a star, but it's those 5 catches for 45 yards weeks that can be the difference between survival and elimination.

Anyhow, I thought I had a decent draft. In hindsight, I probably should've opened up with two RBs, but I still think I can get by with what I have. Remember, Gates has outscored Shaun Alexander in this format over the past two years. He's a points machine.

FYI...after the draft is completed, I'm offering $10 to the first person who picks both the first to get booted and the sole survivor.  One attempt only, no edits, must be posted within a week of the draft completion, I not tracking it so you must remember this thread, no hanky panky from the mods.
I hope you're right. My call is:First Out: EBF (Sorry buddy. Just calling it like I see it.)

Winner: Radballs (I can't go against someone's prediction who had the balls to take Nall.) ;)

By the way, thanks for the team critique David and Team Legacy. Like I said earlier, I expect my downfall to be because of a lack of a decent WR4. I'm confident everywhere else.

FYI...after the draft is completed, I'm offering $10 to the first person who picks both the first to get booted and the sole survivor. One attempt only, no edits, must be posted within a week of the draft completion, I not tracking it so you must remember this thread, no hanky panky from the mods.
I hope you're right. My call is:First Out: EBF (Sorry buddy. Just calling it like I see it.)

Winner: Radballs (I can't go against someone's prediction who had the balls to take Nall.) ;)

By the way, thanks for the team critique David and Team Legacy. Like I said earlier, I expect my downfall to be because of a lack of a decent WR4. I'm confident everywhere else.
:lmao: I was going to predict Nall leading me to the title in this thing, but then I woke up. :D

Absolutely love the way you started the draft, but I personally think you squandered the opportunity to be the front runner. With LJ and Davis in hand plus Manning, you had a huge leg up on most of the field. IMO you should have come back with WR/WR/WR in rounds 4-6...Walker not being one of them. Walker was too big of a risk for a team that was as solid as yours. I think you overpaid for Cooley. I do like the talent you drafted late. Overall you will be a force to be reckoned with, I just think you had a opportunity to have a dominent team.
You are probably right about the risk/reward of Javon Walker. Besides him, I have no studs at WR and he is very iffy at this point. But, I tried to improve my weakest position, by snagging five probable starters later in Porter, McCardell, Toomer, Wilford and Booker. Maybe a little reach for Cooley, but all of these - Crumpler, Witten, LJ Smith, McMichael, and H. Miller were all gone before I picked again.

Appreciate the commentary and look for others. Thanks!

spell edit

FYI...after the draft is completed, I'm offering $10 to the first person who picks both the first to get booted and the sole survivor.  One attempt only, no edits, must be posted within a week of the draft completion, I not tracking it so you must remember this thread, no hanky panky from the mods.

:lmao: I was going to predict Nall leading me to the title in this thing, but then I woke up. :D
C Boy knows stuff. If Nall starts, you're right in the thick of things. :popcorn:

Holcombe and Sorgi were wasted picks...might as well have just stuck with Manning and made your squad deeper at other positions. Great value pick with Manning

I don't like the DD pick but overall this group has some nice upside as any team should with a top 3 pick this year.

A lot of unknows here...more downside than upside as a group. Good value with Walker, McCardell, Booker and McCoy...everybody else is questionable IMHO.

Cooley is solid at where you got him...Pope is a question mark. Personally I would have drafted another veteran TE.

One kicker is a bad idea and you'll lose points to the top teams on a consistent basis at this position. I would rather have a #2 kicker than Sorgi or Holcomb.

solid
overall not bad...any team with a top 3 pick should be ahead of the game. Here's what I would have done differently.- Not draft Holcombe, or any QB in a position battle

- Would have taken a PK#2

- Would have gone deeper at WR instead of Calhoun

- Would have drafted a more solid TE#2

Your team has staying power but I'm afraid it doesn't have the punch at WR that it will take against the top teams.

I give this team a C and the grade would be lower if you didn't have the upside of LJ on your side, which was just blind luck on your part.

Not an LHUCKS team at all.

Who's next? :popcorn:

Holcombe and Sorgi were wasted picks...might as well have just stuck with Manning and made your squad deeper at other positions. Great value pick with Manning

I don't like the DD pick but overall this group has some nice upside as any team should with a top 3 pick this year.

A lot of unknows here...more downside than upside as a group. Good value with Walker, McCardell, Booker and McCoy...everybody else is questionable IMHO.

Cooley is solid at where you got him...Pope is a question mark. Personally I would have drafted another veteran TE.

One kicker is a bad idea and you'll lose points to the top teams on a consistent basis at this position. I would rather have a #2 kicker than Sorgi or Holcomb.

solid
overall not bad...any team with a top 3 pick should be ahead of the game. Here's what I would have done differently.- Not draft Holcombe, or any QB in a position battle

- Would have taken a PK#2

- Would have gone deeper at WR instead of Calhoun

- Would have drafted a more solid TE#2

Your team has staying power but I'm afraid it doesn't have the punch at WR that it will take against the top teams.

I give this team a C and the grade would be lower if you didn't have the upside of LJ on your side, which was just blind luck on your part.

Not an LHUCKS team at all.

Who's next? :popcorn:
First, sincere thanks for the time to look over my squad while on vacation. Above and beyond the call!I'll give you the luck of getting to draft second and having LJ falling in my lap, but in fantasy football, you go with the the hand dealt. I have drafted ninth, eleventh and 16th in these survivors over the last year or so and I know the advantage of the early pick and I embrace it.

I have already acknowledged that Holcombe probably will not help much and should have added WR probably at that point, but I could not put all my eggs in the Manning basket. Should have gone Manning and Sorgi alone, I would prefer an additional WR over the second kicker. I will venture that Vandy alone will have my team in the top ten K scoring.

I do like my seven WRs better overall than your eight, as I have five probable starters and you have too many Lion WR eggs in your basket.

Keep the reviews coming! Many thanks!

QB

Rivers 3

Ramsey 9

A ton of risk but I have no faith in Pennington anymore. Rivers has some solid targets at the very least.

RB

Westbrook 9

Parker 4

LWhite ?

MFaulk 7

Drew ?

Revisit post draft.

WR

LColes 9

RSmith 4

Evans 8

MJones 6

CWilson 4

Washington 4

I really like this crew. Good mix of vets and up and comers.

TE

Hilton 7

VDavis ?

Putzier 5

I like the upside here. Still pretty risky. Revisit post draft.

DST

Seahawks 5

Redskins 8

Solid

PK

Stover 7

Dawson 6

accurate kickers on bad offensive teams. if either O improves ill be in business.

Since no one has even commented AT ALL about my squad, I can only assume that you all are just so in awe that you are left speechless.

Since no one has even commented AT ALL about my squad, I can only assume that you all are just so in awe that you are left speechless.
Tough squad to rate. After looking over the QBs and RBs, I had you as one of the favorites. The the first three WRs did nothing to change that opinion. Then questions abound. I don't know what to make of your back-up WRs and your TEs have so many question marks they're ungradable. I guess if I have to make a prediction, you'll be eliminated in the 1st quarter of the season or survive until the last quarter.

David Yudkin

QB

Aaron Brooks, QB, OAK 3

Jon Kitna, QB, DET 8

Billy Volek, QB, TEN 7

Talk about a crapshoot. Could have 3 every day starters. Could have 3 guys on the bench. IN APRIL, it's looking more and more like all 3 will start the year as starters. Collins ranked 13th last year on a ppg basis and Brooks should be viewed as somewhat better than Collins. Kitna goes to DET and with Martz. McNair more and more likely to get cut. Best case scenario: 3 staring QBs on 3 Top 5 passing attempt teams. Worst case scenario: None of these guys start, all 3 teams draft rookies, and all 3 teams are out of the playoff picture and turn the keys over to franchise rookies. GRADE: Place your bets . . . anywhere from A to an F and all points in between. I'll guess B/B+ but take that with a grain of salt.

I think Brooks will be ok, but I am not convinced either of the other two will start. I'll give you a B.

RB

Tiki Barber, RB, NYG 4

Chris Brown, RB, TEN 7

Kevin Faulk, RB, NE 6

Barber shows no signs of letting up but he is now on the wrong side of 30. I think Taylor will be this year's Lamont Jordan. Brown is a decent 3rd option if he's healthy (so once a month or so) and is a bit of a luxury. Faulk had around 30 receptions in half a season last year and is around to mitigate bye weeks with some marginal points on occasion. Best case scenario: Status quo for Barber, Taylor gets 300 touches, Brown plays in 14 games and doesn't give much to Henry. GRADE: B+/A-.

I don't think that depth is critical at RB and I agree that Faulk will score some most weeks to cover byes and such. I think Tiki's goal line rest allows him another solid year. If Brown plays at least ten games and if C Taylor is the main cog at Minnesota, I'll give this group an A.

WR

Joey Galloway, WR, TB 4

Isaac Bruce, WR, STL 7

Andre' Davis, WR, BUF 8

Arnez Battle, WR, SF 7

Ronald Curry, WR, OAK 3

Irony is posting your pick for a WR1 10 minutes before it comes out that he just had more surgery. I'm not as concerned that he will miss time as others are, as we are still months and months away from the season starting. I doubt Galloway repeats last year's performance but he should still be a decent WR. Bruce is far from done and is younger than other WR that are considered still very productive. Jenkins, Davis, and Battle should be WR 1s or 2s (on their teams) and see a fair share of targets. Curry has had some big games when he's been in the lineup and could thow in a big week (if healthy) from time to time. Best case scenario: Stay the course from prior seasons and everyone sees a lot of passes coming their way. Worst case scenario: D-Jax misses time or is limited, Galloway goes back to being a secondary reciver, Bruce loses a step, the other guys don't pan out. GRADE: B+/A-.

I am not that keen on your WRs. I am concerned about DJack. Galloway played all last year so he's due to miss some games. Bruce has the offense changes. The other four have multiple questions. I'll give this group a C+.

TE

Bubba Franks, TE, GB 6

Same bye week is a problem but not a huge one. Franks in the 20th round could be a steal. Who the heck knows if Winslow will ever amount to anything. If he does, that turns a weakness into a strength. I think these two will be above average as a unit but am grading on the low side. GRADE: C+/B- with upside.

I have no faith in Winslow and Bubba has missed more than not lately. I see trouble here and rate C.

PK

Nate Kaeding, PK, SD 3

Rob Bironas, PK, TEN 7

I'm thinking SD scores fewer TDs and settles for more FG attempts with Rivers running the show. Bironas is not great but not terrible either. Their kickers and they both should have jobs. GRADE: B-/B.

I like this pair and rank A-.

DEF

Atlanta Falcons, DEF

Kansas City Chiefs, DEF

Atlanta probably improved some with Abraham and adding some depth at other positions. Probably Top 15. KC seems to always make up on allowing yards by scoring some return TD. Probably around Top 20. GRADE: C+/B-.

I really like Atlanta and had them targeted for my next pick. I rate higher with B+.

OVERALL

If I learned anything over the years in Survivor formats, loading up on guys that play is probably more important than loading up on guys that might get a chance to play. IMO, this squad has guys that should be on the field a lot and do not need a series of injuries or fortunate events to hang some fantasy points on the board. Based on that . . . OVERALL GRADE: B+/A- (but with a decent chance of the QB situation killing this team).
I think the RBs are solid and the QBs could be. I'm not real high on the WRs or TEs so I give overall team a rating of B-.

Thank you David for the analysis on my team. Really, people's analysis on this thread is one of the most thorough of any survivor league I have participated in. I have learned a lot here.

I'll enter the Contest. I'll cast another vote for Fiddles to get kicked off first and I think that the Rzrback77 squad can win it all!

QB - B (I too have faith that Lefty will rebound. You snagged his backup which is a solid move. Grossman will find a way to contribute as well.

RB - B- (Thin, but productive duo. Injuries happen in this league and I think you'll find a few weeks where you'll take a gooseegg. Can the rest of your team sustain the hit will be the question.

WR - B- (All these players and all I really see is Chambers. Roy has severe question marks about him. Health and QB to start. His name rings of a solid #2, but I'm not sure his performance will WOW us. Solid # 2 ? Prolly so. After that, its a severely disappointing Mike Clayton. Was he a product of Griese's affection? Simms sure hasn't taken a liking to him. I doubt his ability to hold it down as your #3. Again, he's a better dynasty prospect than anything. After that its Gaffney, Rogers, Bradley, Robinson, and Bradford. Throwing darts, hoping for a big week. Are any of them capable of a 20 point week? With this kind of depth ANYTHING is possible.

TE - A- (I love this combo. Very important to have 2 guys. Wish I did.

PK - B+ (Nice combo, reliable.)

D - A- (Nice combo, reliable.)

Overall, if the stable of wideouts produces 3 solid performances each week, I think you could go far. The RB depth scares me and average performance at best from the QB. Usually when I sacrifice 7-10 points from my QB spot, I hope to make it up elsewhere. Looking at this squad, I'm not sure where that 7-10 points is at.
Didn't see this review initially. I agree with your assessment although I don't expect to lose 7 points a week at QB and I obviously like my WRs more than you do. If I had to say where I would make up any points that I might lose at QB I'd say my TE/K/D combo will easily cover a 5 point difference, if there is one. I obviously belive Grossman will surprise selecting him where I did.

I expect my WRs to appear more attractive with time as the Detroit situation clears up and as Gaffney is named the starting slot WR. I have Bradford projected as the #3 in Detroit at the very worst(which is like a #2) and I have Robinson and Bradley as the players most likely to start on their respective teams. Clayton is one of my value picks this year and he'll likely be on 75% of my teams along with Leftwich.

Radballs

QB

Trent Green, QB, KC 3

Chad Pennington, QB, NYJ 9

Brian Griese, QB, CHI 7
I don't like this group at all, Green is headed into a Herm Edwards offensive philosophy and Griese is slated to backup Grossman. Pennington by himself is a huge risk.
RB

Ahman Green, RB, GB 6

Priest Holmes, RB, KC 3

Samkon Gado, RB, GB 6

Ronnie Brown, RB, MIA 8

Kevan Barlow, RB, SF 7
Not a huge fan of any of these picks, but I do believe Ronnie could break out in a big way this year. Should get consistent production from the Gado/Green combo.
WR

Chad Johnson, WR, CIN 5

Donald Driver, WR, GB 6

David Givens, WR, TEN 7

Bryant Johnson, WR, ARI 9

Greg Lewis, WR, PHI 9

Justin Gage, WR, CHI 7
Obviously the strength of this team, I like most of these players, and as long as they remain healthy they'll be able to keep you afloat. Gage is going to get beat out by Bradley and I'm not sure Lewis is going to start so you may only have 4 starters. If you only have 4 starters and Driver loses Favre this group could be weaker than anticipated.
TE

Jeremy Shockey, TE, NYG 4

Jerramy Stevens, TE SEA 5
Obviously very solid.
PK

Jason Elam, PK, DEN 4

Josh Scobee, PK, JAX 6
solid
DEF

New England Patriots, DEF 6

Oakland Raiders, DEF 3
solidOverall I think this team folds when its QBs and RBs simultaneously disappoint in a given week...the WRs and a healthy Ahman early in the season should keep you alive in the first couple of months, unless your potential lack of WR depth comes back to bite you.

PDSL picking from the 16th spot.

QB - Palmer 5, Frye 6
Not bad, I do believe Fry will be starting, but I'm not as optimistic as you are about Palmer's opening day prospects.
RB - McAllister 7, Bell 4, Dayne 4, Bennett 7, Duckett 5
I really like the Bennett handcuff and as well as the Dayne and Duckett picks...some nifty drafting here I thought. That being said, if Denver takes on a Williams or a rookie runner this group looks significantly weaker. Overall not bad though, I don't see many wasted picks at this point.
WR - St Smith, Kennison 3, D Bennett 7, Stokely 6, Pinkston 9, Ferguson 6
Hmmm...I don't like your depth much and I believe this could be your achilles heal. Would have liked to have seen another WR with a chance at starting instead of a PK.
TE - McMichael 8, Everett 8
Average.
PK - Shayne Graham 5, Matt Bryant 4, Nedney 7
Don't like this strategy...normally PKs don't get injured, WRs do...use that spot for an extra WR.
D - Ravens 7, Philly 9
Solid.All in all I think this is one of the more well balanced teams. I think your WR depth and QB situations are your two risk spots. But still, one of the LHUCKS-type teams.

Nice job. :hifive:

Sorry Guys,

I had a bug hit me and knocked me out most of the weekend. I'll try and add comments for all teams before Wed night.

David Yudkin

QB

Aaron Brooks, QB, OAK 3

Jon Kitna, QB, DET 8

Billy Volek, QB, TEN 7
I think Brooks is a decent pick this year, with the ability to be a top 6 QB if things break well for him. Kitna and Volek, on the other hand, are too risky. I think we both agree that you need more than one sure starting QB in survivor leagues; you went the value route and it may end up hurting you.
RB

Tiki Barber, RB, NYG 4

Chris Brown, RB, TEN 7

Kevin Faulk, RB, NE 6
Love the depth. You have a better backfield with those four roster spots than most of the league has with their 5 or 6. I like that all of those guys can catch passes, too. Not a huge fan of Tiki, but that's personal preference.
WR

Joey Galloway, WR, TB 4

Isaac Bruce, WR, STL 7

Andre' Davis, WR, BUF 8

Arnez Battle, WR, SF 7

Ronald Curry, WR, OAK 3
I think the Jackson pick was great when you made it, and I'm not terribly worried about him right now. Galloway should be a quality starter this year, although like most people, I doubt he'll be as good as he was last year. Not a huge fan of the Bruce pick; he seems to be moving the wrong direction on the depth chart, on a team whose passing stats will likely decline. Your next four guys are about the same as anyone's scrub WRs - things would have to break right for them to start scoring consistently. You're a little thin at the top of your receivers, so I would like more quality depth here, but you have some lottery ticket potential and some guys who should contribute occasional scoring.
TE

Bubba Franks, TE, GB 6
If Winslow comes back ready to play, he will be a very talented rookie on a team with a lot of upheaval at quarterback and receiver. Hard to tell what to expect here. Franks was a good value late, although his value probably drops without Favre, and apparently there's a possibility he'll retire? I don't really know where to put these guys, so I'll call them middle of the pack.
PK

Nate Kaeding, PK, SD 3

Rob Bironas, PK, TEN 7
Both kickers are facing QB upheaval. Hard to say what their offenses will look like this year.
DEF

Atlanta Falcons, DEF

Kansas City Chiefs, DEF
Good Ds. Atlanta is a good anchor D, and KC has lots of big play potential to get you the occasional explosive scoring you want from a backup D.
OVERALL

I agree with your comments here, but I think you veered away from that strategy with your QBs, and guys like Brown and Winslow. It's hard to put together a team good enough to last with just one QB and no TEs, which, while not necessarily likely, is a real possibility for this team. On the other hand, you got some great value with those picks because you got a ton of talent with that risk. You don't need many of those picks to pan out for this to be a high quality team. Good draft.

PDSL picking from the 16th spot.

QB - Palmer 5, Frye 6
Not bad, I do believe Fry will be starting, but I'm not as optimistic as you are about Palmer's opening day prospects.
RB - McAllister 7, Bell 4, Dayne 4, Bennett 7, Duckett 5
I really like the Bennett handcuff and as well as the Dayne and Duckett picks...some nifty drafting here I thought. That being said, if Denver takes on a Williams or a rookie runner this group looks significantly weaker. Overall not bad though, I don't see many wasted picks at this point.
WR - St Smith, Kennison 3, D Bennett 7, Stokely 6, Pinkston 9, Ferguson 6
Hmmm...I don't like your depth much and I believe this could be your achilles heal. Would have liked to have seen another WR with a chance at starting instead of a PK.
TE - McMichael 8, Everett 8
Average.
PK - Shayne Graham 5, Matt Bryant 4, Nedney 7
Don't like this strategy...normally PKs don't get injured, WRs do...use that spot for an extra WR.
D - Ravens 7, Philly 9
Solid.All in all I think this is one of the more well balanced teams. I think your WR depth and QB situations are your two risk spots. But still, one of the LHUCKS-type teams.

Nice job. :hifive:
Thanks for the write up :thumbup: I can't imagine Palmer NOT being ready for week 1. Its not like his ARM was hurt. All he has to do is 3 step drop and throw. Lefty played on 1 leg, I'm sure they'll cart Carson out there if they have to. From the looks of it.. they HAVE to.

I agree if Denver takes a back, I'm a lot weaker at RB, but my guess is they don't, unless they take one in the 2nd or 3rd. I think a first rounder could steal time away from this duo, but not an Addai / Calhoun type.

My wideout situation is as gray as any. After Smith and Kennison, Drew Bennett is a darkhorse. I really like Stokelys situation and will go after him like you are with Clayton. Pink and Ferg are darts. I think they might be contributions.

My kicker strategy is this: Many weeks, regardless of the kicker, you're left with a 2 or a 3. With 3 kickers, the odds go up that you turn that into a 8-12. 5-10 extra points a week on those down weeks can make or break you. I think a wideout at that point likely may not have contibuted more than once if at all. Just a theory, but I think my 3rd PK will end up contributing.

Thanks again for the writeup!!

I haven't had much time the last few days, but I'll make some time this week to finish the teams up. Not sure if anybody is that interested in my opinion, but you're gonna get it anyway. :excited:

first out: team legacy

sole survivor: FIDDLES  :excited:
Ain't that funny... SAME TWO TEAMS represented in my take.My official submission

first out: FIDDLES

sole survivor: TEAM LEGACY :excited:

:boxing: :boxing:
I'll enter the Contest.  I'll cast another vote for Fiddles to get kicked off first and I think that the Rzrback77 squad can win it all!
BRONG

David Yudkin

QB

Aaron Brooks, QB, OAK 3

Jon Kitna, QB, DET 8

Billy Volek, QB, TEN 7
Nifty drafting here. I like the upside that Brooks and Kitna represent. I've never been a huge Volek fan, but if he starts that's obviously a nice value play. I probably would have jumped on the McCown handcuff or used that last pick for an extra WR or TE.
RB

Tiki Barber, RB, NYG 4

Chris Brown, RB, TEN 7

Kevin Faulk, RB, NE 6
Solid. You may have considered a handcuff for Tiki, but overall very solid.
WR

Joey Galloway, WR, TB 4

Isaac Bruce, WR, STL 7

Andre' Davis, WR, BUF 8

Arnez Battle, WR, SF 7

Ronald Curry, WR, OAK 3
You have five likely starters here which is more than most teams. The only WR here that I don't particularly like is Curry.
TE

Bubba Franks, TE, GB 6
Not a big fan of Winslow's value this year as I believe his ceiling will be limited because of the QB situation and overall offensive effectiveness. Franks was great value if Favre comes back, which I think he will. I may have considered a 3 TE approach given the relative weakness at this position.
PK

Nate Kaeding, PK, SD 3

Rob Bironas, PK, TEN 7
solid
DEF

Atlanta Falcons, DEF

Kansas City Chiefs, DEF
solid, I especially like the Chiefs D to surprise this year as Edwards brings more of a defensive emphasis to KC.
OVERALL

If I learned anything over the years in Survivor formats, loading up on guys that play is probably more important than loading up on guys that might get a chance to play.  IMO, this squad has guys that should be on the field a lot and do not need a series of injuries or fortunate events to hang some fantasy points on the board.  Based on that . . . OVERALL GRADE: B+/A- (but with a decent chance of the QB situation killing this team).
I completely agree with your conclusion. Draft players that have the best chance at actually playing. Survivor is a game of attrition, don't be caught with two starting WRs in week 10.Overall, I really like this team and I think it has the best chance of winning at this point. There is upside at every major position except TE and there is depth at all positions as well.

This is my early pick to win the PDSL. Nice job Yudkin. :hifive:

P.S. I would pick myself but I have unforseen bye week issues and I wasn't fortunate enough to land a top 4 RB.

This is my early pick to win the PDSL.  Nice job Yudkin.  :hifive:P.S. I would picked myself but I have unforseen bad draft and my team sucks donkey knobs.  I wasn't fortunate enough to land every concievable Detriot WR, but I came close.
:boxing:Enjoy your vacation gb...send me pics!!!

Guys,

My apologies for a delay (again), but I'm heading out for Easter and I won't have time to write up summaries / evaluations for each team until next week.

I'll get to it after Easter.

Have a good one.

Jeff

Catching up.

Construxboy

QB

Eli Manning, QB, SEA 5

Brett Favre, QB, GB 6

Craig Nall, QB, BUF 8

I rarely use this smilie, but :popcorn: . Very interested to see if Nall was worth the pickup here, even in 20 rounds. Regardless, too early for his selection in Round 12. Favre looks like he off on the farewell tour this seasoon, so Eli / Brett should hold up.

GRADE: B+ (assuming Favre is here).

RB

Carnell Williams, RB, TB 4

Reggie Bush, RB, Rookie 5

Greg Jones, RB, JAX 6

Najeh Davenport, RB, GB 6

Cedric Cobbs, RB, DEN 4

I am in agreement with Yudkin on not being a big fan of Caddy. I expect him to break down yet again this season, and his backups are too good not to contribute even if Caddy is healthy. Bush won't do nearly as much as many would expect in Year 1, and since we don't get return yards or TDs he is truly marginalized in PDSL. The other 3 will fight for playing time, with Jones the most likely candidate. RB2 will be a struggle, I believe, and matters get worse if Caddy is in the proverbial garage again this year.

GRADE: C.

WR

Torry Holt, WR, STL 7

TJ Houshmandzadeh, WR, CIN 5

Roddy White, WR, ATL 5

Scotty Vines, WR, DET 8

Brandon Lloyd, WR, WAS 8

Shaun McDonald, WR STL 7

Roscoe Parrish, WR, BUF 8

Holt is a legit WR1, and TJ Housh is a strong WR2. Lloyd should round out the group as WR3. I'm not sold on the rest of the group, as Vines played more with injuries in Detroit and I'm not big on R. White. McDonald is the 4th WR in STL, Parrish may see time as the third option in Buffalo, but is not helped by the signing of Peerless Price.

GRADE: B.

TE

Heath Miller, TE, PIT 4

Courtney Anderson, TE, OAK 3

Miller's a good NFL player, but hit or miss at fantasy. Pitt just doesn't throw enough, but he does find the end zone. Anderson peaked in Week 1 last year, but who knows how he will be used this season. Not a bad TE2.

GRADE: B- due to PPR.

PK

Jeff Reed, PK, PIT 4

Meh, only one kicker, hopefully the early bye helps, but also having issues at TE and other positions in Week 4 could be a big problem.

GRADE: C.

DEF

Jacksonville Jaguars, DEF 6

Arizona Cardinals, DEF 9

Two defenses, I like Jacksonville more than AZ, but AZ does force some turnovers. No bye conflict helps.

GRADE: B-.

OVERALL

Biggest question (besides the Nall pick) is at RB, IMHO. An injury to Caddy could be devastating.

OVERALL GRADE: B-.

Users who are viewing this thread