What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

PDSL Draft/Team Commentary (1 Viewer)

Team Legacy

QB

Carson Palmer, QB, CIN 5

Charlie Frye, QB, CLE 6

I like Palmer (obviously a good QB from last year) should he be 100% come September. I also like the Cleveland offense, and it is really interesting if you look at Frye's numbers in 05 vs. Eli's in 04. His supporting cast got a lot better as well.

Edwards would help if he's 100% as well, but I like JJ and Winslow coming back.

GRADE: B+ (A-/A if Palmer is a go Week 1).

RB

Deuce McAllister, RB, NO 7

Michael Bennett, RB, NO 7

Ron Dayne, RB, DEN 4

Tatum Bell, RB, DEN 4

TJ Duckett, RB, ATL 5

I need to see Deuce and how "back" he is. If he is the Deuce of 03/04, this is a nice RB1 pick. Bell would be a good RB2 and this would be a strong group with Dayne/Bennett as good handcuffs. Duckett can also punch in some TDs which always helps.

GRADE: C+ but B/B- if Deuce is 100%.

WR

Steve Smith, WR, CAR 9

Eddie Kennison, WR, KC 3

Drew Bennett, WR, TEN 7

Brandon Stokley, WR, IND 6

Robert Ferguson, WR, GB 6

Todd Pinkston, WR, PHI 9

Smith will get far more attention this year, but he's still a Top 10 WR. Kennison consistently puts up good numbers in the KC offense. WR3 is likely Bennett, who could also post nice numbers with either McNair or Volek. TEs in TEN may diminish his targets, but still a solid option.

Pinkston is likely the 2/3 option in Philly in a pass/pass/run offense. He could contribute on occasion, as could Fergie. Stokley also sees plenty of playing time, so overall a very good group.

GRADE: A.

TE

Randy McMichael, TE, MIA 8

Kevin Everett, TE, BUF 8

McMichael will likely be the 2nd most targeted Dolphin after Chambers despite the WR2 in Miami (whomever that will be - Booker or Welker).

I don't like the Buffalo TE pick, even if Everett wins the job.

Grade: B- due to really having one TE (I see no value from Everett).

PK

Shayne Graham, PK CIN 5

Matt Bryant, PK, TB 4

Joe Nedney, PK, SF 7

Three kickes - I'd love to know why, especially with Graham as one of them. Bryant is a nice PK2, so Nedney seemed like a very odd pickup.

GRADE: B+

DEF

Baltimore Ravens, DEF 7

Philadelphia Eagles, DEF 9

I love Philly's D this year to bounce back. The schedule is also favorable for the D to post some lower scoring games. Ball hawking / sacks will be the question. Baltimore is usually a solid choice, but they are aging. Ed Reed / Ray Ray will usually get you some points.

GRADE: B.

OVERALL

The strength is at WR, with 6 good choices. I would have liked to see a 7th WR over a third kicker, but so be it. Good lineup at QB, K and D. TE is one guy really at McMichael, but he should produce. RB is the weak link, and two players (Palmer, Deuce) coming off of injuries will make or break this team. If both are healthy and perform as before, watch out. Big if, though. Overall - very solid team with a shot at winning. Very solid job drafting especially from the last spot.

OVERALL GRADE: A-.

Bostonfred

QB

Drew Bledsoe, QB, DAL 3

Brad Johnson, QB, MIN 6

Bledsoe should have a big year thanks to TO (who should behave, THIS season, but he isn't off to a good start). Dallas needs to protect him well, but I think it will happen. He may be hampered by Parcells' emphasis on the ground game / clock management, but should post 20 TDs. BJohnson should also do well, but who knows how the WRBC will work in MIN. Johnson always seems to find a way to put up solid numbers.

GRADE: B+.

RB

Steven Jackson, RB, STL 7

Jamal Lewis, RB, BAL 7

Cedric Houston, RB, NYJ 9

Jerious Norwood, RB, Rookie

Stephen Davis, RB, FA

I like SJax more and more this year, and he should be a Top 10 RB. The system will be interesting to see develop, but they'd almost have to run more than last year / beforehand under Martz. Lewis is a nice value as a RB2 despite competition from Mike Anderson. One knock is he doesn't like to catch passes. Davis is a sleeper, and who knows about Norwood right now. Houston should see the field some this year and could contribute. Aside from the Bye issue in Week 7, looks like a good group.

WR

Terrell Owens, WR, DAL 3

Deion Branch, WR, NE 6

Donte Stallworth, WR NO 7

Travis Taylor, WR, MIN 6

Bernard Berrian, WR, CHI 7

David Patten, WR, WAS 8

TO - if you just shut up and play, how good could you be? Probably very, like in the past, but who knows what evil lurks in his head. SHOULD be a strong WR1.

Stallworth should be a good WR2 with Brees in town. Branch should be the clear primary WR in NE with Givens gone, but Brady likes to spread it around regardless.

The other WRs will fight to contribute, but may surprise.

GRADE: B/ B+ if Owens just shuts up and plays.

TE

Ben Watson, TE, NE 6

Erron Kinney, TE, TEN 7

Watson should get the 2nd/3rd most targets in NE. He showed how much he can contribute and HC Belichick knows that he's a talent. Kinney catches a lot of balls, but TEN had WR issues last year. I see that total going down, especially if Volek is the starter.

PK

Ryan Longwell, PK, MIN 6

Kris Brown, PK, HOU 5

I like both of these kickers. Longwell should do well in a dome, and Brown scores well even for the Texans. He has a pretty big leg.

DEF

Indianapolis Colts, DEF 6

St Louis Rams, DEF 7

Houston Texans, DEF 5

Not sure about 3 Defenses, but an interesting strategy. IMHO, I don't know that D's score a ton in this format (10-12 PPG max). The Colts do well in the sack / TO categories, and STL faces some weaker opponents (SF x2) and should be improving, but I don't like the loss of Archuleta. Houston has a weaker schedule and should do ok as a D.

Overall the D by committee should be ok, but not sure about 3 roster spots for it.

GRADE: B/B+.

OVERALL

Pretty good team overall. A lot of couplings of players from the same team (not that I should talk), but the TO/Bledsoe tandem may push him towards an immunity or two. With every position at B or higher, have to figure he will compete. More depth would have been nice at WR, but he went with the 3 D option. As Yudkin astutely pointed out, Week 7 looks to be a big bye week issue.

LHUCKS

QB

Byron Leftwich, QB, JAC 6

Rex Grossman, QB CHI 7

David Garrad, QB, JAC 6

Not sold at all on this group. Jacksonville QB is locked up, but I don't know if that will be a top performing QB slot this year. Chicago I like even less.

GRADE: C+.

RB

Warrick Dunn, RB, ATL 5

Willis McGahee, RB, BUF 8

Marion Barber, RB, DAL 3

Three running backs looks light to me. McGahee is a good RB1 and Dunn is (as usual) underrated. MB3 will get plenty of touches in Big D, but one injury here will kill.

GRADE: B-

WR

Chris Chambers, WR, MIA 8

Roy Williams, WR, DET 8

Corey Bradford, WR, DET 8

Jabar Gaffney, WR, PHI 9

Mark Bradley, WR, CHI 7

Michael Clayton, WR, TB 4

Charles Rogers, WR, DET 8

Marcus Robinson, WR, MIN 6

LHUCKS got hosed on the bye weeks as they weren't announced until Round 18, so he had to grab viable WRs late. It just seemed that they were all from Detroit :P .

Chambers really burst out last half of last year, and should perform well as the WR1 in Miami with Culpepper. Roy Williams should be a nice WR2 and Michael Clayton is the probable WR3 out of this group. Lots of upsides throughout the remaining 5. One would be likely to jump up any given week to be the WR2/3 for the week here.

GRADE: B

PK

Jay Feely, PK, NYG 4

Jason Hanson, PK, DET 8

Two good kickers, and Hanson should do better this year. Feely kicks in a tough stadium, but still did quite well last year.

GRADE: A-.

TE

LJ Smith, TE, PHI 9

Dallas Clark, TE, IND 6

Big fan of LJ Smith this year. 70-ish catches are likely IMHO as he will be the 2nd receiver option on the team (behind Reggie Brown), not counting Westy. Dallas Clark should do ok, but losing ground on his own team to Fletcher. Also history of injury.

DEF

Denver Broncos, DEF 4

New York Giants, DEF 4

Two good defenses, but hurt (again) by the bye week.

OVERALL

Not sold on this team at all, and since I'm not up on the LHUCKS of 2005, I am not jaded for or against his team based on his prior performances. I'm not sold on his QB or RB options, and the bye weeks really hurt his depth building options on this team. WRs will have to carry him (as will LJ Smith), but I don't know if he can compensate for any missteps at RB. As Yuds said, "If Dunn or McGahee get hurt, I think this team is in serious trouble."

OVERALL GRADE: B-.

Radballs

QB

Trent Green, QB, KC 3

Chad Pennington, QB, NYJ 9

Brian Griese, QB, CHI 7

Green is a perennial guy that performs at or near the top but gets lost in the shuffle. Between Gonzo, Kennison, Parker and LJ catching the ball, it will be hard for him not to get 3500 yards and 25 TDs. Pennington is a probable starter in NY, but who knows by August. Certainly not a lock by any means. Griese is more of a flyer of someone who COULD perform well if presented with an opportunity, but he faces two hurdles in both getting to start and also in offensive philosophy (a run first team).

GRADE: B- for lack of a strong 2nd option.

RB

Ahman Green, RB, GB 6

Priest Holmes, RB, KC 3

Samkon Gado, RB, GB 6

Ronnie Brown, RB, MIA 8

Kevan Barlow, RB, SF 7

Brown is a gutsy call not knowing the Ricky situation, but could pay off big. Green - how well will he perform after the injury? Gado is good insurance, but is it enough or is he the definitive backup? Holmes is rather unlikely to return, and Barlow has a questionable track record of performing on a bad team. Mixed back for sure.

Best case is Brown and Green lead this team and there's no injury problems, forward or backward looking. Big if though.

GRADE: B-.

WR

Chad Johnson, WR, CIN 5

Donald Driver, WR, GB 6

David Givens, WR, TEN 7

Bryant Johnson, WR, ARI 9

Greg Lewis, WR, PHI 9

Justin Gage, WR, CHI 7

Strong group of WRs and the class of the team here. CJ, Driver and Givens as a Top 3 without a bye conflict is pretty darn good. I also am a fan of Bryant Johnson, and if Boldin gets nicked he is the next one to step in (same for Fitz, but Boldin has a bigger injury history). Greg Lewis is the likely 4 in Philly, and not big on Gage.

TE

Jeremy Shockey, TE, NYG 4

Jerramy Stevens, TE SEA 5

Two top TEs with no bye week conflicts. Should do well as both are features in their offenses.

PK

Jason Elam, PK, DEN 4

Josh Scobee, PK, JAX 6

Elam puts up the points, but no distance bonus in PDSL. Scobee a nice 2nd option.

DEF

New England Patriots, DEF 6

Oakland Raiders, DEF 3

New England always manages to put a respectable D on the field, and the schedule is friendly again due in part to the division (Buffalo x 2, NYJ x 2 ). Oakland has to get better, right? Maybe not.

GRADE: B- (Week 6 could be a big problem as OAK plays Denver)

OVERALL

WRs and TE are the strength of this squad. RBs need to stay healthy and return to form, but I think Priest was a wasted pick. Green can carry at QB, and NE can suffice at D, but nothing special at K. Overall seems to be a good but not great team.

EBF

QB

Tom Brady, QB, NE 6

Kurt Warner, QB, ARI 9

Two solid picks here, so I'm not concerned by the lack of depth by only having two. Should Warner be protected well, he should put up impressive numbers once again. Yes Boldin and Fitz may produce less, but Edge will catch some as well. Brady may lack WR help, but he still will put upg good numbers.

RB

DeShaun Foster, RB, CAR 9

Travis Henry, RB, TEN 7

Joseph Addai, RB, Rookie

Verron Haynes, RB, PIT 4

Jerome Harrison, RB, Rookie

Not a good group IMO. Foster at your RB1 weakens your team overall. The hope here would be for Addai or Harrison to go to Indy or Denver and win the starting job, or Chris Brown to get hurt (good odds there) for Henry to play a lot. Haynes is "Bettis lite" at best.

GRADE: C-.

WR

Andre Johnson, WR, HOU 5

Derrick Mason, WR, BAL 7

Justin McCareins, WR, NYJ 9

Santonio Holmes, WR, Rookie

Dennis Northcutt, WR, CLE 6

Reggie Williams, WR, JAC 6

Demetrius Williams, WR, Rookie

Derrick Mason has to be the WR1 here. He's good for 1,000 yards and at least 80+ catches. Andre Johnson at WR1 would be a slight stretch here, but a good WR2 option. If he can stay on the field for 14-16 games he can put up good numbers.

Rookie WRs are always risky, and you double dipped at it. McCareins, Northcutt and R.Williams would be the hope for WR3.

GRADE: C+.

TE

Antonio Gates, TE, SD 3

Ben Troupe, TE, TEN 7

Gates is the #1 TE, plain and simple. Troupe is the top TE in a TE favorable offense in TEN. Nice picks. I do agree with Yudkin's point that the TE2 may be a bit much, even a luxury, with Gates but who knows what injuries lurk.

PK

Josh Brown, PK, SEA 5

Olindo Mare, PK, MIA 8

Mare - I don't know if he's a lock to be the K in Miami. Brown - I've heard from Mike Herman that there may be a competition for the K job in Seattle.

If both are kicking, these are good picks. High downside though with both jobs not 100% guaranteed.

GRADE: B- (B+ if both are kicking in Week 1).

DEF

Dallas Cowboys, DEF 3

Detroit Lions, DEF 8

Dallas is a good defense and produces decent fantasy numbers. Detroit - not so much, but an ok 2nd D.

OVERALL:

Strengths - QB and TE. Weaknesses - RB and WR. Unfortunately (yep, I'm copying some) you have 5 starters from RB and WR so 2 scored QB/TE doesn't help as much.

RB and WR will hurt this team. One more vet at each position would have helped immensely.

OVERALL GRADE: C.

David Yudkin

QB

Aaron Brooks, QB, OAK 3

Jon Kitna, QB, DET 8

Billy Volek, QB, TEN 7

Volek is about 50/50 to start in TEN, About 80% if McNair goes bye-bye. That would help here immensely.

Brooks looks to be the guy, tossing to Randy Moss out in the Bay. He usually is a good fantasy guy despite a so-so team record. Kitna is in a competition with Josh McCown so he could be a good 3rd option.

Probably the most up in the air group of QBs in PDSL (well, Nall not withstanding).

GRADE: B (in pencil).

RB

Tiki Barber, RB, NYG 4

Chester Taylor, RB, MIN 6

Chris Brown, RB, TEN 7

Kevin Faulk, RB, NE 6

Got to love Tiki. He really broke out last year like he always showed signs of being that elite back. He's not a "Big 3" guy, but he's very close.

Taylor looks to be the 2 here, with Chris BrOWn as the 3rd. Taylor looks to be getting the starting gig in MIN, but I've heard that before. I like Brad Childress, but again I liked the Eagles. We'll see how much Brad can do out from under Reid. I think Taylor will meet / exceed expectations.

Side note from Yudkin - "I think Taylor will be this year's Lamont Jordan. " That's a "Wow" statement.

Faulk isn't a bad 4th, but he's really an afterthought for these 3. If you need Faulk your squad here has issues.

WR

Darrell Jackson, WR, SEA 5

Joey Galloway, WR, TB 4

Isaac Bruce, WR, STL 7

Michael Jenkins, WR, ATL 5

Andre' Davis, WR, BUF 8

Arnez Battle, WR, SF 7

Ronald Curry, WR, OAK 3

DJax - if healthy, he's a good WR1. Big IF. I see Seattle as more of a WRBC on a seasonal basis, but DJax will have big weeks which is good in this format.

Isaac Bruce - solid if healthy. Excellent WR2 if he plays 14-16 games and keeps Curtis down as the 3 in STL.

Galloway - can he do it again? Maybe. If he does, this is a great threesome.

Battle can produce if QB Alex Smith can get him the ball.

The other 3 (Curry, Jenkins, Davis) may contribute at times, but I'm not enamored by Curry's role or the BUF or ATL passing game.

Good group if healthy.

GRADE: B+ due to health concerns.

TE

Kellen Winslow, Jr., TE, CLE 6

Bubba Franks, TE, GB 6

Bye week issue, but Winslow should be happy to get to Week 6 for a change. Both should contribute well and this TEBC should get 5-7 catches a week and maybe a TD.

Winslow is a question mark.

(I swear I heard Bubba may retire but I cannot for the life of me remember where).

GRADE: B- (B if Winslow suits up Week 1).

PK

Nate Kaeding, PK, SD 3

Rob Bironas, PK, TEN 7

I really like Bironas. Big leg and scores points on a team that really does put up some offense. Kaeding can also put up 7-10 points a week.

DEF

Atlanta Falcons, DEF

Kansas City Chiefs, DEF

Atlanta improved in the offseason and has a group of ball hawks in the secondary. Sacks and turnovers should come. KC - meh - but wait, ST TDs count. Hall upgrades this one.

OVERALL

Aside from slight weaknesses at QB and TE, I like this team. Grades out at B across the board or higher, without major holes. Not likely to get immunity perhaps, but should be a consistent producer.

OVERALL GRADE: A-

Man this took a lot longer than anticipated. But, considering we all put the effort in to draft, I'm going to finish.

Frank Black

QB

Jake Delhomme, QB, CAR 9

Jake Plummer, QB, DEN 4

Two solid QBs here, both with no challenge to their jobs. Delhomme will probably stay at about the same numbers as last year, with Keyshawn improving the WR2 at some expense to SSmith. Denver is more of a run / defense team with the QB as a "don't lose the game for us" game manager. While I don't see either putting up 4 TDs any week, I doubt they'll lose a game for you.

RB

Shaun Alexander, RB, SEA 5

Corey Dillon, RB, NE 6

Fred Taylor, RB, JAX 6

Alvin Pearman, RB, JAX 6

Maurice Morris, RB, SEA 5

Nick Goings, RB, CAR 9

That's a lot of RBs, and I took a bunch myself. While I like MoMo handcuffed to SA, especially with the Madden Curse coming, I don't like the Fred Taylor handcuff. I'd have gone with Greg Jones (but he wasn't available) if I had a choice, but he went too early. At that point I'd abandon the concept rather than get the 3rd option and go with 5 RBs. Goings is a nice value, and Dillon is a good choice early as long as he holds up. Big stable, though - likely to post 2 good numbers each week but may cost at depth elsewhere. Week 6 looks bad on byes (Seattle and Goings only options).

WR

Marvin Harrison, WR, IND 6

Muhshin Muhammad, WR, CHI 7

Koren Robinson, WR, MIN 6

Troy Williamson, WR, MIN 6

Chris Henry, WR, CIN 5

Sinorice Moss, WR, Rookie

Likely to be Harrison, Muhammad and a WR3 by committee. Harrison is a low key stud, and with Edge gone the TDs / yards should go up. Chicago has to get better passing the ball, and Muhsin should benefit. Minnesota WRs are a crapshoot, IMHO. Henry may slide down to the 4th option at WR (behind Washington), and his off the field issues may translate to issues on the field. Week 6 is going to kill this position, with only Muhsin, Henry and SinMoss available.

GRADE: B- due to Week 6 and no clear WR3.

TE

Jermaine Wiggins, TE, MIN 6

Eric Johnson, TE, SF 7

Marcedes Lewis, TE, Rookie

Three TEs are a bold choice. Wiggins is an underrated TE, but like I said earlier, MIN has a lot of players clamoring for catches so this may hurt Wiggins. Johnson may never suit up again, especially with the likelihood of a rookie coming to camp. If it is Vernon Davis, there will be pressure to get him on the field even if Johnson is healthy. No telling on M. Lewis.

PK

Todd Peterson, PK, FA

I like Peterson and I like the ATL slot for a PK, but he's not signed. I have him in a keeper / dynasty league so I've followed the situation (more than anyone should be forced to follow a PK), so this was an extremely risky pick - especially with just one kicker.

GRADE: D (Jumps to B- if he signs).

DEF

Tennessee Titans, DEF 7

San Francisco 49ers, DEF 7

Ugh - bye week hurts, bottom feeder defenses to boot. I like SF as a compliment to a GOOD defense, which Tennessee is not.

OVERALL

Week 6 will destroy this team (if they get that far). Six players on a bye week, both at RB (3) and WR (3). QB is strong, but that's just one position. RB will be competitive, but WR, D and K are major weaknesses.

OVERALL GRADE: C+

Rzrback77

QB

QB 2.15 Peyton Manning Colts 6

QB 14.15 Kelly Holcombe Bils 8

QB 20.15 Jim Sorgi Colts 6

All the marbles on Manning. With Edge gone, he could top 40 TDs again. Sorgi a good backup, but if he steps on the field for any meaningful playing time, you are hurting. Holcomb is not guaranteed to be the starter by any means. A second QB that would be a definite starter would have been preferred.

RB

RB 1.02 Larry Johnson Chiefs 3

RB 3.02 Domanick Davis Texans 5

RB 6.15 Frank Gore 49ers 7

RB 16.15 Onterrio Smith ???

RB 17.2 Brian Calhoun Rookie

LJ and who knows what after that. OSmith might not ever play again, and DDavis and FGore are fighting for playing time. Best case is Davis holds off Bush for a while and / or contributes enought to be a RB2. Calhoun is far too early to determine.

GRADE: B for LJ and lack of RB2.

WR

WR 4.15 Javon Walker Packers 6 or ?

WR 8.15 Keenan McCardell Chargers 3

WR 7.2 Jerry Porter Raiders 3

WR 9.2 Amani Toomer Giants 4

WR 10.15 Ernest Wilford Jags 6

WR 11.2 Marty Booker Dolphins 8

WR 18.15 LeRon McCoy Cardinals 9

Walker for your WR1 may be a good pick, so long as he's healthy. McCardell has a virtual rookie for a QB, so his performance may fall. I've always liked Toomer, but he's the 3rd option at best after Plax and Shockey. Wilford gets some TDs which should help in this format. Porter is a solid WR2 in Oakland. McCoy is the WR4 in Arizona and got some playing time late in the season, but I don't see much upside unless there are injuries. Booker hasn't lived up to his role and may even lose his job to Welker.

TE

TE 5.2 Chris Cooley Redskins 8

TE 12.15 Leonard Pope Rookie

Not terribly deep, since we don't know what Pope will do nor where he will be. Cooley won't do as well this season IMO since the WRs improved dramatically in Washington (last year Patten or Thrash was the WR2).

PK

K 15.2 Mike Vanderjagt Cowboys 3

One kicker on a good offense. No real risk of injury, but he wasn't a kickoff guy. Will the Cowboys ask that of him and will he be more likely to get hurt? Just a slight concern.

GRADE: B- due to only one.

D

Defense 13.2 Carolina Panthers 9

Defense 19.2 San Diego Chargers 3

Two good defenses with no conflicts.

GRADE: A

Overall, I see the team as competitive but a little thin, especially at RB2 and WR3. TE won't live up to the expectations, but QB, D and RB1 are strong. Walker at WR1 needs to perform.

OVERALL GRADE: B+

Last edited by a moderator:
Fiddles

QB

Rivers 3

Ramsey 9

Wow that's a lot of risk. Ramsey may not get the not at all, and Rivers is a virtual rookie. Gates and McCardell (and LT2) will have to guide him along.

GRADE: C

RB

Westbrook 9

Parker 4

LWhite ?

MFaulk 7

Drew ?

Westbrook as a clear RB1 in PPR is $$ in my book. FWP is a nice value in the 2nd, and with some likelihood of White in Pittsburgh this could be a nice combo. Drew depends completely on the opportunity. Faulk has something left I think, but most of the touches go to SJax so he may be on his farewell tour and go out with a whimper.

GRADE: B+ (A- if White goes to Pitt).

WR

LColes 9

RSmith 4

Evans 8

MJones 6

CWilson 4

Washington 4

I love Rod Smith - a vet who puts up consistent numbers week after week. L. Coles went too early IMO, and he appears to be a weaker WR2. Evans has upside, but the QB role in Buffalo is a scary one. Matt Jones - has not delivered to date. Cedrick Wilson and N. Washington - WR2/3 option in Pittsburgh, but they don't throw enough.

GRADE: B- with no clear WR3. Week 4 will hurt.

TE

Hilton 7

VDavis ?

Putzier 5

I'm very high on Hilton, that's pretty much no secret at this point. He posted great numbers last year down the stretch and Brees has to help. Putzier in Houston is a nice fit and a good additional TE. Davis (likely in SF) will be used the first year for certain. I question 3 TEs though.

GRADE: B (with strong upside)

DST

Seahawks 5

Redskins 8

Two very solid defenses.

GRADE: A

PK

Stover 7

Dawson 6

Good set of kickers with no conflicts. Both teams can easily stall in the red zone. Not big legs, but points are points.

Overall - The strengths here at RB and defense don't quite counter the risk at QB and WR. A lot of rookies on the team (4), a virtual rookie and a questionable starter at QB. Too much risk for my taste. Chance to surprise, but a lot has to break in favor for it to happen.

OVERALL GRADE: B-

Man this took a lot longer than anticipated. But, considering we all put the effort in to draft, I'm going to finish.
waiting with great anticapition. :popcorn: but i get it now saving the best for last !!! :hophead:

waiting with great anticapition. :popcorn: but i get it now saving the best for last !!! :hophead:
:lol: working on it.

I think I have 5 more to go.

Duke1948, BnB, Ruds, Twilight and BSS. Hope to be done tomorrow.

Frank Black

QB

Jake Delhomme, QB, CAR 9

Jake Plummer, QB, DEN 4

Two solid QBs here, both with no challenge to their jobs. Delhomme will probably stay at about the same numbers as last year, with Keyshawn improving the WR2 at some expense to SSmith. Denver is more of a run / defense team with the QB as a "don't lose the game for us" game manager. While I don't see either putting up 4 TDs any week, I doubt they'll lose a game for you.

RB

Corey Dillon, RB, NE 6

Fred Taylor, RB, JAX 6

Alvin Pearman, RB, JAX 6

Nick Goings, RB, CAR 9

That's a lot of RBs, and I took a bunch myself. While I like MoMo handcuffed to SA, especially with the Madden Curse coming, I don't like the Fred Taylor handcuff. I'd have gone with Greg Jones (but he wasn't available) if I had a choice, but he went too early. At that point I'd abandon the concept rather than get the 3rd option and go with 5 RBs. Goings is a nice value, and Dillon is a good choice early as long as he holds up. Big stable, though - likely to post 2 good numbers each week but may cost at depth elsewhere. Week 6 looks bad on byes (Seattle and Goings only options).

WR

Chris Henry, WR, CIN 5

Likely to be Harrison, Muhammad and a WR3 by committee. Harrison is a low key stud, and with Edge gone the TDs / yards should go up. Chicago has to get better passing the ball, and Muhsin should benefit. Minnesota WRs are a crapshoot, IMHO. Henry may slide down to the 4th option at WR (behind Washington), and his off the field issues may translate to issues on the field. Week 6 is going to kill this position, with only Muhsin, Henry and SinMoss available.

TE

Eric Johnson, TE, SF 7

Three TEs are a bold choice. Wiggins is an underrated TE, but like I said earlier, MIN has a lot of players clamoring for catches so this may hurt Wiggins. Johnson may never suit up again, especially with the likelihood of a rookie coming to camp. If it is Vernon Davis, there will be pressure to get him on the field even if Johnson is healthy. No telling on M. Lewis.

PK

Todd Peterson, PK, FA

I like Peterson and I like the ATL slot for a PK, but he's not signed. I have him in a keeper / dynasty league so I've followed the situation (more than anyone should be forced to follow a PK), so this was an extremely risky pick - especially with just one kicker.

DEF

Tennessee Titans, DEF 7

Ugh - bye week hurts, bottom feeder defenses to boot. I like SF as a compliment to a GOOD defense, which Tennessee is not.

OVERALL

Week 6 will destroy this team (if they get that far). Six players on a bye week, both at RB (3) and WR (3). QB is strong, but that's just one position. RB will be competitive, but WR, D and K are major weaknesses.

Jeff, thanx for the great commentary on my team. My team is in deep trouble. I would have drafted a 7th WR or a 2nd K instead of Goings, but the week 6 bye week news forced me to draft another RB late to put 2 on the field that week. I have to think that if I can get by week 6, I have a shot at going far.

Frank Black

QB

Jake Delhomme, QB, CAR 9

Jake Plummer, QB, DEN 4

RB

Corey Dillon, RB, NE 6

Fred Taylor, RB, JAX 6

Alvin Pearman, RB, JAX 6

Nick Goings, RB, CAR 9

WR

Chris Henry, WR, CIN 5

TE

Eric Johnson, TE, SF 7

PK

Todd Peterson, PK, FA

DEF

Tennessee Titans, DEF 7

OVERALL

Jeff, thanx for the great commentary on my team. My team is in deep trouble. I would have drafted a 7th WR or a 2nd K instead of Goings, but the week 6 bye week news forced me to draft another RB late to put 2 on the field that week. I have to think that if I can get by week 6, I have a shot at going far.
Sorry guy. I call 'em like I see 'em. Wish you had graded out a bit better, but stuff happens.

Since he has been waiting so patiently -

Duke1948

QB

Matt Hasselbeck, QB, SEA 5

Josh McCown, QB, DET 8

Daunte Culpepper, QB, MIA 8

Culpepper's health is still a question mark, but Hass is a pro bowl QB. If the run game isn't as strong with Hutch gone AND DJax's availability is over 10 games, he should have a strong year. The Loss of JJurevicius hurts (10 TDs).

Culpepper - should he be healthy - will likely hit Chambers and McMichael for a lot of yards and TDs.

McCown - I think he has a big upside especially if they fix the offense in Detroit, but Kitna has to be more of a favorite to get that job this year (probably 60/40 Kitna at this point). Nice 3rd QB - but not sure if this was a wasted depth spot.

RB

Kevin Jones, RB, DET 8

Ricky Williams, RB, MIA 8 (SUSPENDED)

Ladell Betts, RB, WASH 8

Duce Staley, RB, PITT 4

Cedric Benson, RB, CHI 7

DeAngelo Williams, RB Rookie

Another larger pool of RBs, and Ricky's news doesn't help. Ricky won't run until 2007, so now you are down to 5.

Kevin Jones has to be the #1 RB here, and he COULD be a decent option in Detroit, but I've said a lot about him in other places (losing touches to Bryson and Pinner, fewer catches than both, hasn't had 100 yard game since 04, etc.). I'm not real high on him.

Betts is a nice complimentary back to Portis, much like Pittman was to Caddy last year. Staley's role is undefined but in serious trouble if they go RB in the draft. Benson would benefit the most if he can either unseat TJones or wave goodbye to him after a trade. DWilliams as a rookie is a First Rounder, but who knows what that means for 2006.

This looks a lot like KJ and committee. Best case is KJ and Benson with DWilliams at the 3, but a lot of ??s. Week 8 is a nightmare with only Staley and Benson (and possibly DWilliams).

GRADE: C+

WR

Larry Fitzgerald, WR, AZ 9

Keyshawn Johnson, WR, CAR 9

Braylon Edwards, WR, CLE 6

Mark Clayton, WR, BAL 7

Devery Henderson, WR, NO 7

Ouch. Five WRs for three spots. Two shared bye weeks. This isn't going to be pretty.

Fitz is a nice #1 and Keyshawn can be a nice possession reciever (helpful in PPR). Braylon Edwards could add to a much improved CLE offense, but he is coming off a bad injury. Clayton will likely be the #2 WR in Baltimore - but does that really excite you? Maybe if McNair, but at best he's a third option after Heap (when healthy) and Mason. He could be a nice WR 3 on occasion.

Henderson is a reach as he's the 3rd or 4th WR in NO after Horn, DStallworth and possibly Hakim if he comes back. Don't expect much here.

GRADE: C-. Not enough depth and Week 9 will crush this team.

TE

Alex Smith, TB, 7

Doug Jolley, NYJ, 9

Dominique Byrd, Rookie

Three TEs are a bold choice once again here. However, this hurt depth elsewhere. The TE by committee here would work better if there was two Top 15-20 TEs on the roster, but I'm not enamored with either TE here (not speaking of Byrd here). Smith will be the TE in TB, but I would not expect him to break in to the Top 15 this year - there's too much talent at the position throughout the league. Jolley may not even be the #1 option for the Jets, as Baker may earn back that spot. Byrd is a wild card and this team would really need him to produce, but as the 4th-7th TE on the rookie list, that's asking a lot.

GRADE: C-/D+.

PK

Mike Nugent, PK, NYJ 9

One kicker with a late bye week on an iffy offense.

DEF

Tampa Bay, DEF 4

Buffalo, DEF 8

Ending on a high note here. Two strong defenses with no bye conflicts.

OVERALL

Let's talk about the good stuff. QB is strong, as is Defense. However, the team rolls off quickly at RB, WR and TE - three key positions. Sure the byes and the Ricky decision didn't help, but the lack of depth selected at WR really brings this team down. Three TE and three QB were errors IMHO, and it showed at WR. The lack of a solid TE option (despite 3 chosen) will also hurt deeply.

OVERALL GRADE: C-

Team Legacy

QB

Carson Palmer, QB, CIN 5

Charlie Frye, QB, CLE 6

I like Palmer (obviously a good QB from last year) should he be 100% come September. I also like the Cleveland offense, and it is really interesting if you look at Frye's numbers in 05 vs. Eli's in 04. His supporting cast got a lot better as well.

Edwards would help if he's 100% as well, but I like JJ and Winslow coming back.

GRADE: B+ (A-/A if Palmer is a go Week 1).

RB

Deuce McAllister, RB, NO 7

Michael Bennett, RB, NO 7

Ron Dayne, RB, DEN 4

Tatum Bell, RB, DEN 4

TJ Duckett, RB, ATL 5

I need to see Deuce and how "back" he is. If he is the Deuce of 03/04, this is a nice RB1 pick. Bell would be a good RB2 and this would be a strong group with Dayne/Bennett as good handcuffs. Duckett can also punch in some TDs which always helps.

GRADE: C+ but B/B- if Deuce is 100%.

WR

Steve Smith, WR, CAR 9

Eddie Kennison, WR, KC 3

Drew Bennett, WR, TEN 7

Brandon Stokley, WR, IND 6

Robert Ferguson, WR, GB 6

Todd Pinkston, WR, PHI 9

Smith will get far more attention this year, but he's still a Top 10 WR. Kennison consistently puts up good numbers in the KC offense. WR3 is likely Bennett, who could also post nice numbers with either McNair or Volek. TEs in TEN may diminish his targets, but still a solid option.

Pinkston is likely the 2/3 option in Philly in a pass/pass/run offense. He could contribute on occasion, as could Fergie. Stokley also sees plenty of playing time, so overall a very good group.

TE

Randy McMichael, TE, MIA 8

Kevin Everett, TE, BUF 8

McMichael will likely be the 2nd most targeted Dolphin after Chambers despite the WR2 in Miami (whomever that will be - Booker or Welker).

I don't like the Buffalo TE pick, even if Everett wins the job.

Grade: B- due to really having one TE (I see no value from Everett).

PK

Shayne Graham, PK CIN 5

Matt Bryant, PK, TB 4

Joe Nedney, PK, SF 7

Three kickes - I'd love to know why, especially with Graham as one of them. Bryant is a nice PK2, so Nedney seemed like a very odd pickup.

DEF

Baltimore Ravens, DEF 7

Philadelphia Eagles, DEF 9

I love Philly's D this year to bounce back. The schedule is also favorable for the D to post some lower scoring games. Ball hawking / sacks will be the question. Baltimore is usually a solid choice, but they are aging. Ed Reed / Ray Ray will usually get you some points.

OVERALL

The strength is at WR, with 6 good choices. I would have liked to see a 7th WR over a third kicker, but so be it. Good lineup at QB, K and D. TE is one guy really at McMichael, but he should produce. RB is the weak link, and two players (Palmer, Deuce) coming off of injuries will make or break this team. If both are healthy and perform as before, watch out. Big if, though. Overall - very solid team with a shot at winning. Very solid job drafting especially from the last spot.

Ferguson's value just skyrocketed !!!! Thankyou Donald Driver !!

Mixed results for my squad.

Big bump up for Holmes. Instant impact as the #2 WR in Pitt.

HUGE bump up for Addai. Now looks like a steal in the 10th.

Slight bump down for Warner.

Big bump down for Foster, though he should still score some points.

Why the bump down for Warner - he is THE starter in Arizona. Leinart will carry the clipboard and learn from Warner - until/unless there is an injury.And I don't think it is much of a bump down for Foster either - he should still be the starter and everyone knows he has injury concerns - but if healthy he should still contribute to your team.

Overall, the draft and its aftermath has mixed results for my team. Plummer gets a bump up with Walker. Sinorice Moss has gone to a team where he should at least see the field sometimes. M. Lewis has gone to a team without a dominant TE.

On the other hand, Dillon has competition, and E. Johnson may turn into an afterthought. However, in my recollection, rookie TEs tend to make a real difference only when there is no other good TE on the team.

Do you think that Addai comes in right away and contributes?It might be mid season until he gets a chance, I always kinda saw him a change of pace back anyway.

Rhodes could get a ton of catches.

Do you think that Addai comes in right away and contributes?It might be mid season until he gets a chance, I always kinda saw him a change of pace back anyway.

Rhodes could get a ton of catches.
The Colts drafted him in the first round. With no obvious featured back in the stable, it seems very likely that he'll be given every opportunity to win the job.

Addai can carry the load. He's a great blocker and will fit into the Colts system almost too perfectly. Expect Rhodes to be relegated to flashy 3rd down plays now and then.

Cedric Wilson will be the opening day starter for the Steelers...and most likely for the entire year IMHO.

Cedric Wilson will be the opening day starter for the Steelers...and most likely for the entire year IMHO.
I doubt it. Holmes is the most NFL ready of this year's rookie WRs. I fully expect him to win that job.

I disagree on both counts. Holmes is a polished WR who should be able to beat out Wilson pretty easily.

I disagree on both counts. Holmes is a polished WR who should be able to beat out Wilson pretty easily.
rookie WRs suxor and Holmes is still a rookie.

Anquan Boldin, Larry Fitzgerald, Roy Williams, Michael Clayton, Lee Evans in recent years all down?

Anquan Boldin, Larry Fitzgerald, Roy Williams, Michael Clayton, Lee Evans in recent years all down?
:lmao:

7.05 BassNBrew - Dominic Rhodes, RB38, IND

Going in the 3rd round just a few short weeks later. What's changed?

7.05 BassNBrew - Dominic Rhodes, RB38, IND

Going in the 3rd round just a few short weeks later.  What's changed?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The Colts were likely to draft a top 3 RB, and instead draft the #4 RB. He went in the third, third, fourth and fifth rounds, respectively, and IMO, too early in all of them. For a guy who may not have a job, and if he does, may not keep it the whole year, I think third round is too high. You don't win Survivor leagues with a couple of studs. You win them by having players who contribute the whole season.

BassNBrew

QB

Marc Bulger, QB, STL 7

Chris Simms, QB, TB 4

Good, but not great. Bulger has a track record of getting injured, and Simms is a game manager, not a game breaker. Bulger will have some good games, but WHEN (not IF) he gets hurt the team will suffer.

RB

Edgerrin James, RB, AZ 9

Ryan Moats, RB, PHI 9

Dominic Rhodes, RB, INDY 6

Michael Turner, RB, SD 3

Lee Suggs, RB, CLE 6

Quentin Griffin, RB, KC 3

Some bye week issues as 3 pairs of backs share the same week dispite selection of 6 backs on different teams. After Edge - what is there? And aren't we expecting Edge to do less in Arizona? Rhodes could very well get the ball more than Addai, and Moats is likely to contribute. The rest are only viable if the feature back gets hurt.

WR

Randy Moss, WR, OAK 3

Reggie Wayne, WR, INDY 6

Reggie Brown, WR, PHI 9

Reche Caldwell, WR, NE 6

Ike Hilliard, WR, TB 4

Mike Williams, WR, DET 8

Drew Carter, WR, CAR 9

Best part of the team. Moss (when healthy) is a Top 10 WR, and Wayne and Brown will both challenge for Top 20 placement this year. Brown is a #1 WR in Philly now (and I missed him by one pick, ouch). Wayne would be a 1 on most other teams, but the 2 in Indy is still pretty good. No real bye issues. Caldwell and Hilliard good late pickups.

TE

Jason Witten, TE, DAL 3

Stephen Alexander, TE, DEN 4

Not a good group, IMHO. Dallas may de-emphasize the TE with TO in town, but then again opportunities may arise as TO opens the field. I still see Witten falling out of the Top 12 TEs in 2006. Alexander? Who knows who the TE is in Denver. Him? Duke? Scheffler?

PK

Lawrence Tynes, PK, KC 3

Adam Vinatieri, PK, INDY 6

Two solid kickers and no bye issues. Good enough.

DEF

Chicago, DEF, 7

One D is a concern, but I can understand the risk-taking with one. Still a risk taking a zero in WK 7.

OVERALL

This team is led by the WRs,without question. Can the RB2 slot get adequately filled? Will Witten perform at TE? Will one D hurt? Overall this team should compete, but RB and TE could hold them out of advancing.

OVERALL GRADE: B

Aaron Rudnicki

QB

Michael Vick, QB, ATL 5

Steve McNair, QB, TEN / BAL? 7

Matt Schaub, QB, ATL 5

Three QBs, including a handcuff. Considering it is Vick, that makes sense. Always a chance Schaub plays somewhere else as well. Speaking of which - McNair? Baltimore? Tennessee? Both have Week 7 off so that's easy.

If McNair doesn't find a job by Week 5, this could be a big weak spot. As it is, it is not a strength.

RB

Lamont Jordan, RB, OAK 3

Thomas Jones, RB, CHI 7

Mewelde Moore, RB, MIN 6

Michael Pittman, RB, TB 4

Caught a break with just 4 RBs and not having a bye issues. LamJ is a clear #1 with Top 5 potential, especially with PPR. Jones needs to keep his job in front of Benson, and then he becomes a solid RB2. Moore is competing for a job, and Pittman will get you a big week now and then.

GRADE: A- (B if Jones not a starter)

WR

Hines Ward, WR, PIT 4

Terry Glenn, WR, DAL 3

Antonio Bryant, WR, SF 7

Eric Parker, WR, SD 3

Doug Gabriel, WR, OAK 3

Wes Welker, WR, MIA 8

Chad Jackson, WR, Rookie (now NE) 6

Some issues in Week 3 at depth and 3 WRs out, but overall a good group. No one spectacular, but most weeks Ward will be the #1, and Glenn, Bryand and Parker will try for the 2nd and 3rd slot. Not a ton of production though.

TE

Todd Heap, TE, BAL 7

Steve Heiden, TE, CLE 6

Heap has been a Top 10 TE when healthy, but he's had health issues a few times in the last 3-4 years. I expect him to miss more time and/or struggle through an injury and hurting his production. Heiden should be the #2 TE in Cleveland - not good enough despite starting last year.

PK

John Kasay, PK, CAR 9

Ryan Lindell, PK, BUF 8

Decent kickers - none on a big offense and both outdoors. Buffalo can be very tricky.

DEF

Cincinnati Bengals, DEF 8

NY Jets, DEF 9

Both teams are mediocre on paper, but they do get sacks and turnovers. No bye conflict.

OVERALL

RB is a strength, but the others are middle of the road talents. Plenty of depth, but not many big playmakers. WRs are OK, especially Ward, but after him none of the WRs keep other OC's up at night.

Twilight

QB

Ben Roethlisberger, QB, PIT 4

David Carr, QB, HOU 3

Alex Smith, QB, SF 4

Good upside, but not a total team strength. I can see why 3 were selected. Week 4 will be lean with just Carr to rely on, and Houston facing a stingy Dolphins team.

I don't see any of these throwing for 3 TDs in a game.

RB

LaDainian Tomlinson, RB, SD 3

Brandon Jacobs, RB, NYG 4

Derrick Blaylock, RB, NYJ 9

Laurence Maroney, RB, Rookie (now NE) 6

Tomlinson could be RB1 and 2 some weeks. Maroney landed in a sweet spot in NE, so if Dillon can't hack it this season the ball goes to Maroney. Expect catches from him as well. Jacobs has not been impressive. Blaylock is RB3 in NYJ at best.

GRADE: A- if Maroney starts. B otherwise.

WR

Anquan Boldin, WR, AZ 9

Eric Moulds, WR, HOU 5

Ashley Lelie, WR, DEN 4

Nate Burleson, WR, MIN 6

Brandon Jones, WR, TEN 7

Vincent Jackson, WR, SD 3

Patrick Crayton, WR, DAL 3

Seven seems like good depth. Boldin a clear Top 5 guy. Moulds should be the WR2, but some wild weeks for the other 5 could produce reasonable numbers at WR3.

Good at the top, weak on the performers at the bottom.

TE

Tony Gonzalez, TE, KC 3

Chris Baker, TE, NYJ 9

Gonzo clearly is the hope, but will he have to stay in and block again? Baker hopes to start for the Jets over Doug Jolley once again.

PK

Neil Rackers, PK, AZ 9

David Akers, PK, PHI 9

Two very good kickers, but unfortunately both are off late in the season in Week 9. A "-" just for that. Survive Week 9 and solid every other week.

GRADE:

DEF

Minnesota, DEF 6

Green Bay, DEF 6

Two mediocre defenses with the same bye. Not a good pairing.

GRADE: C.

OVERALL

RB, WR and TE look to lead the way for Twilight. If his WR3 and RB2 work out and he survives Week 4 at QB and Weeks 6 and 9 for D/K byes, has a chance to compete. Too many IFs though.

OVERALL GRADE: B-

Bicycle Seat Sniffer

QB

Kerry Collins, QB, FA (BAL??)

Donovan McNabb, QB, PHI 9

Kyle Boller, QB, BAL 7

After McNabb, what do you have? Maybe - MAYBE - the QB situation covered in Baltimore. However the latest rumor has Collins to TEN after McNair goes to BAL. Who knows there. I do know that McNabb is 100% ready to go for this season.

GRADE: B+ (no good backup)

RB

Rudi Johnson, RB, CIN 5

Julius Jones, RB, DAL 3

Shawn Bryson, RB, DET 8

Chris Perry, RB, CIN 5

Four RBs and a handcuff - dangerous stuff. The byes worked out fine, but if JJones gets strong challenges from MB3, RB2 is going to be quite bad. Rudi and JJ? Chris Perry? Bryson?

WR

Plaxico Burress, WR, NYG 4

Jimmy Smith, WR, JAX 6 (NOW RETIRED)

Kevin Curtis, WR, STL 7

Joe Horn, WR, NO 7

Keary Colbert, WR, CAR 9

Brian Finneran, WR, ATL 5

Troy Brown, WR, NE 6

Seven WRs to cover bye issues and depth. Good plan. Unfortunately, JSmith retired, leaving six. Burress and Horn should lead the team, with possibly Curtis or Troy Brown at WR3. Not enamored with this group.

GRADE: C.

TE

Marcus Pollard, TE, DET 8

Daniel Graham, TE, NE 6

Pollard can have his moments, but he doesn't catch a lot with RB screens and plenty of WRs in Detriot. Graham is the TE2 behind Watson right now, and NE drafted two more TEs. Not a good sign.

PK

Jeff Wilkins, PK, STL 7

Sebastian Janikowski, PK, OAK 3

Two decent kickers without a bye conflict. Also big legs.

DEF

Pittsburgh, DEF 4

New Orleans, DEF 7

The Steelers are the main team here, and NO may score in a surprise. Unfortunately, NO plays CAR on their week off, in NC. Ouch. Really have to hope they get through Week 4.

GRADE: B+ due to Week 4.

OVERALL

Wow - aside from K, no "A" grades. Just run of the mill Bs and a C here and there. This team may not be competitive enough to last into November. QB and D are B+'s, but that's not enough to make up for a thin roster at WR and RB. The retirement of Jimmy Smith really hurts this team.

Thanks for finishing this off Jeff.

Just shows how tough it is to draft before everything is settled in.
BSS, It was a little slow and I wanted to keep my promise.

It should be interesting how PDSL pans out.

BassNBrew

QB

Marc Bulger, QB, STL 7

Chris Simms, QB, TB 4

Good, but not great. Bulger has a track record of getting injured, and Simms is a game manager, not a game breaker. Bulger will have some good games, but WHEN (not IF) he gets hurt the team will suffer.

RB

Edgerrin James, RB, AZ 9

Ryan Moats, RB, PHI 9

Michael Turner, RB, SD 3

Lee Suggs, RB, CLE 6

Some bye week issues as 3 pairs of backs share the same week dispite selection of 6 backs on different teams. After Edge - what is there? And aren't we expecting Edge to do less in Arizona? Rhodes could very well get the ball more than Addai, and Moats is likely to contribute. The rest are only viable if the feature back gets hurt.

WR

Randy Moss, WR, OAK 3

Reggie Wayne, WR, INDY 6

Reggie Brown, WR, PHI 9

Reche Caldwell, WR, NE 6

Ike Hilliard, WR, TB 4

Mike Williams, WR, DET 8

Drew Carter, WR, CAR 9

Best part of the team. Moss (when healthy) is a Top 10 WR, and Wayne and Brown will both challenge for Top 20 placement this year. Brown is a #1 WR in Philly now (and I missed him by one pick, ouch). Wayne would be a 1 on most other teams, but the 2 in Indy is still pretty good. No real bye issues. Caldwell and Hilliard good late pickups.

TE

Jason Witten, TE, DAL 3

Not a good group, IMHO. Dallas may de-emphasize the TE with TO in town, but then again opportunities may arise as TO opens the field. I still see Witten falling out of the Top 12 TEs in 2006. Alexander? Who knows who the TE is in Denver. Him? Duke? Scheffler?

PK

Lawrence Tynes, PK, KC 3

DEF

Chicago, DEF, 7

One D is a concern, but I can understand the risk-taking with one. Still a risk taking a zero in WK 7.

OVERALL

This team is led by the WRs,without question. Can the RB2 slot get adequately filled? Will Witten perform at TE? Will one D hurt? Overall this team should compete, but RB and TE could hold them out of advancing.

Jeff...thanks for taking the time to do all of these. A couple of discussion points.1) I definately think you are over emphasizing the importance of QB. I think we touched on this subject during the draft, but I'm positive your tune will change during the season. Additionally, Simms was basically a rookie last year. Gruden liked what he saw enough to let Griese walk which says a lot to me.

2) I think most will be shocked by how many points my RB crew posts this year. It won't be the most consistant group, but I think I can get RB2 numbers out of Rhodes/Moats/Turner.

3) I think you're way off base on Witten. Care to wager a small amount on that top 12 finish? Dallas kept him in to block last year and he still posted #6 numbers. Even an additional 20% declne in production puts him in the top 12.

4) The solo defense was a calculated risk which I think is very low. After the bye weeks came out, week 7 with 6 teams off crushed many people. I only had one of 2 QBs off so I selected that week to eat a donut as I suspect many other crippled teams will be treading water that week. Note that I have 6 RBs, 7 WR, and 2 TE all avaliable to post scores that week. I couldn't justify the expense of a second defense when most weeks they won't touch the score Chicago posts.

Obviously you can't be strong everywhere, but I survived the draft with my team intact and implemented solid contingency plans to bolster the weaker areas.

BassNBrew

QB

Marc Bulger, QB, STL 7

Chris Simms, QB, TB 4

RB

Edgerrin James, RB, AZ 9

Ryan Moats, RB, PHI 9

Michael Turner, RB, SD 3

Lee Suggs, RB, CLE 6

WR

Randy Moss, WR, OAK 3

Reggie Wayne, WR, INDY 6

Reggie Brown, WR, PHI 9

Reche Caldwell, WR, NE 6

Ike Hilliard, WR, TB 4

Mike Williams, WR, DET 8

Drew Carter, WR, CAR 9

TE

Jason Witten, TE, DAL 3

PK

Lawrence Tynes, PK, KC 3

DEF

Chicago, DEF, 7

OVERALL

Jeff...thanks for taking the time to do all of these. A couple of discussion points.
You're welcome GB. Glad I finally finished.Segmented to address each one:

1) I definately think you are over emphasizing the importance of QB. I think we touched on this subject during the draft, but I'm positive your tune will change during the season. Additionally, Simms was basically a rookie last year. Gruden liked what he saw enough to let Griese walk which says a lot to me.
I vaguely remember this - I don't recall the details of the conversation - perhaps it was regarding picking a 3rd (or 4th) QB, which I only agree with if you have a handcuff situation and 20 roster slots, like in PDSL. Please point me to the thread(s) where we had this discussion if you would.
2) I think most will be shocked by how many points my RB crew posts this year. It won't be the most consistant group, but I think I can get RB2 numbers out of Rhodes/Moats/Turner.
You got a major assist by Addai going to Indy over Maroney or DWilliams. Moats might get you some points, but I don't know if either he or Turner will get the ball enough to contribute. We shall see.
3) I think you're way off base on Witten. Care to wager a small amount on that top 12 finish? Dallas kept him in to block last year and he still posted #6 numbers. Even an additional 20% declne in production puts him in the top 12.
I absolutely state that Witten will drop off from last year. No question in my mind. Out of the Top 12 might be close, but it is not out of the realm of possibility. With Gonzo, Gates and Shockey at the Top 3, now we have V Davis, LJ Smith, Crumpler, McMichael and Todd Heap likely in the Top 10. Cooley will also challenge for the Top 12 (but he will also go down in 2006). If you put Witten after these, that puts him at 10th. Of course, someone will disappoint and someone(s) will get hurt. Zach Hilton, Ben Troupe, Ben Watson, KWinslow, JStevens, and Heath Miller will challenge for Top 12 rankings.

My point is that I expect TO to perform well along with input from Glenn and Crayton. Teams such as PHI, TEN or PIT have limited WR2 or 3 options, leading to more output from the TE position.

Witten is high side 7-9, and could be as low as 15-20.

4) The solo defense was a calculated risk which I think is very low. After the bye weeks came out, week 7 with 6 teams off crushed many people. I only had one of 2 QBs off so I selected that week to eat a donut as I suspect many other crippled teams will be treading water that week. Note that I have 6 RBs, 7 WR, and 2 TE all avaliable to post scores that week. I couldn't justify the expense of a second defense when most weeks they won't touch the score Chicago posts.

Obviously you can't be strong everywhere, but I survived the draft with my team intact and implemented solid contingency plans to bolster the weaker areas.
I like that analysis on the Chicago D. Very nice thinking on cross-referencing your byes and other teams' issues in similar weeks. Maybe I should check that on SSL4.....

My squad:

QBs - Tom Brady (3.14), Kurt Warner (6.03)

I reached a bit to get Brady as the QB2, but he seemed like the safest pick to me. He probably won't be the top QB next season, but he's durable and steady. Drafting him allowed me to take a chance on the injury-prone Warner, who could be huge in Arizona's offense.

RBs - DeShaun Foster (2.03), Travis Henry (8.03), Joseph Addai (10.03), Verron Haynes (14.03), Jerome Harrison (15.14)

This is definitely my weak spot. Taking Antonio Gates in the first meant that I wasn't going to have a shot at a good RB. I had hoped that Kevin Jones might fall to 2.03, but wound up rolling the dice with Foster. His injury history is a major concern, but he should be a top 15 RB when healthy and he could be as high as top 5-6.

I waited a long time on backups because I just didn't see any value at the position. Travis Henry is not a great #2 option, but he's going to get some touches each week and he could become pretty valuable in the event of a Chris Brown injury.

One of the things that struck me about the WSL drafts was how grossly undervalued the second tier rookie RBs seemed to be. Considering how high Bush and Williams went, I was happy to get Addai and Harrison as late and I did. They're obviously high-risk picks, but they could pay off huge.

Haynes was insurance/depth. He should get a couple points each week and could be a real steal if he takes over goal line duties.

WRs - Andre Johnson (4.03), Derrick Mason (5.14), Justin McCareins (9.14), Santonio Holmes (11.14), Dennis Northcutt (12.03), Reggie Williams (19.14), Demetrius Williams (20.03)

I had hoped to assemble a better crew here, but the good WRs didn't last as long as I projected them to. Johnson and Mason form an adequate 1-2 punch. McCareins is a boring pick, but he should be a quality WR3 in this format. Northcutt provides depth. He should get his catches here and there. The same goes for Reggie Williams.

Santonio Holmes and Demetrius Williams each offer the potential to have 600-800 receiving yard seasons if things fall the right way on draft day.

TEs - Antonio Gates (1.14), Ben Troupe (7.14)

When I saw that I had drawn the 1.14 slot, I knew that I wasn't going to get a crack at one of the top RBs. Rather than reach for a scrub, I decided to take Antonio Gates. Over the past two years, he's outscored Shaun Alexander in this format, so I'm plenty happy with him as my first round pick.

Troupe was too good to pass up in the 7th. He should give me some big games here and there.

PKs - Josh Brown (16.03), Olindo Mare (17.14)

Two kickers.

Defenses - Cowboys (13.14), Lions (18.03)

Two defenses.

Overall

Drafting on the ends is tough in such a big league. You can really get stuck on the end of some nasty runs. I definitely could've done a better job at RB and I could use another good WR, but the bottom line is that you're going to be weak somewhere in a league this big. I feel like my strength at QB and TE should help keep my team competitive. I don't have a lot of high-upside sleepers on my roster, but there are some steady performers there, and I could make a run at the title if I catch the right breaks (Addai, Harrison, or Henry making a big contribution would really help my chances).
Things are starting to look up for this squad.QB - Tom Brady, Kurt Warner

RB - DeShaun Foster, Joseph Addai, Verron Haynes, Travis Henry, Jerome Harrison

WR - Andre Johnson, Derrick Mason, Justin McCareins, Dennis Northcutt, Santonio Holmes, Reggie Williams, Demetrius Williams

TE - Antonio Gates, Ben Troupe

I'm still rock solid at QB.

My RBs are weak, but it could be a lot worse. I think Foster will keep the starting job. Addai should be a factor from week one on. Haynes could be a nice surprise. Henry is almost worthless and Harrison is unlikely to contribute. This is definitely a weak unit, but it's not horrible for a 16 team league.

My WRs are really looking up. Reggie Williams should actually have some value now that Jimmy Smith retired. Santonio Holmes should make an immediate impact. McCareins is still a very good bet to remain the #2 target in NY. I don't have a lot of studs in this group, but my top 2 is pretty solid and my top 6 guys should all get some catches each week.

My TEs are great.

Overall, I think I could hang around a lot longer than people expected. My only real weakness is a lack of depth at RB. That's a bad weakness to have, but my strength at QB and TE might be enough to carry me through.

EBF,

I agree that you have had some nice bumps so far in the offseason. But, I think your WR core is still a bit weaker than you see it. But, I know how you like to target up and coming players and you only need to hit on two of them to make this a great team. :thumbup:

Was just perusing the initial projections and looks good for this team. WRs better than I expected.

QB 2.15 Peyton Manning Colts 6 FBG Projections #1 QB

QB 14.15 Kelly Holcombe Bils 8 FBG Projections #33QB

QB 20.15 Jim Sorgi Colts 6

RB 1.02 Larry Johnson Chiefs 3 FBG #1 RB

RB 3.02 Domanick Davis Texans 5 FBG #14 RB

RB 6.15 Frank Gore 49ers 7 FBG #30 RB

RB 16.15 Onterrio Smith ???

RB 17.2 Brian Calhoun Lions 8 FBG #100

WR 4.15 Javon Walker Packers 6 or ? FBG #18 WR

WR 8.15 Keenan McCardell Chargers 3 FBG #35 WR

WR 7.2 Jerry Porter Raiders 3 FBG #36 WR

WR 9.2 Amani Toomer Giants 4 FBG #60 WR

WR 10.15 Ernest Wilford Jags 6 FBG #27 WR

WR 11.2 Marty Booker Dolphins 8 FBG #53 WR

WR 18.15 LeRon McCoy Cardinals 9 FBG #126 WR

TE 5.2 Chris Cooley Redskins 8 FBG #10 TE

TE 12.15 Leonard Pope Rookie Missing ???

K 15.2 Mike Vanderjagt Cowboys 3

Defense 13.2 Carolina Panthers 9

Defense 19.2 San Diego Chargers 3

Seems like a good idea:

Jeff Pasquino

QB

Drew Brees, QB, NO 7 FBG #17

Mark Brunell, QB, WAS 8 FBG #22

Jason Campbell, QB, WAS 8 FBG #42

RB

Clinton Portis, RB, WAS 8 FBG #5

Reuben Droughns, RB, CLE 6 FBG #11

Curtis Martin, RB, NYJ 9 FBG #34

Mike Anderson, RB, BAL 7 FBG #37

Maurice Hicks, RB, SF 7 FBG #82

WR

Santana Moss, WR, WAS 8 FBG #16

Joe Jurevicius, WR, CLE 6 FBG #38

Samie Parker, WR, KC 3 FBG #47

Bobby Engram, WR, SEA 5 FBG #45

Antwaan Randle El, WR, WAS 8 FBG #65

DJ Hackett, WR, SEA 5 FBG #114

TE

Alge Crumpler, TE, ATL 5 FBG #5

Adam Bergen, TE, ARI 9 FBG UNRATED

PK

John Carney, PK, NO 7

Martin Gramatica, PK, NE 6

DEF

Miami Dolphins, DEF 8

Cleveland Browns, DEF 6

A little disappointed on the Brees ranking - probably wanting to see his health before moving him up. Pleasantly surprised DD agrees on Droughns. I also think Joe Jurevicius is slightly higher (into a WR#1 - Top 30) position in Cleveland.

QB:

Bulger 5th

Simms 21st

RB:

James 10th

Rhodes 26th

Moats 50th

Turner 63rd

Suggs unranked

Griffin 84th

WR: