What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

PDSL Draft/Team Commentary (2 Viewers)

QB

Aaron Brooks, QB11

Jon Kitna, QB22

Billy Volek, QB17

RB

Tiki Barber, RB4

Chester Taylor, RB19

Chris Brown, RB34

Kevin Faulk, RB49

WR

Darrell Jackson, WR12

Joey Galloway, WR24

Isaac Bruce, WR44

Michael Jenkins, WR48

Andre' Davis, WR63

Arnez Battle, WR75

Ronald Curry, WR82

TE

Kellen Winslow, Jr., TE11

Bubba Franks, TE23

PK

Nate Kaeding, PK14

Rob Bironas, PK21

DEF

Atlanta Falcons, DEF13

Kansas City Chiefs, DEF24

QBAaron Brooks, QB11 still QB11Jon Kitna, QB22 now QB19Billy Volek, QB17 now QB70RBTiki Barber, RB4 still RB4Chester Taylor, RB19 now RB22Chris Brown, RB34 now RB37Kevin Faulk, RB49 now RB59WRDarrell Jackson, WR12 now WR30Joey Galloway, WR24 now WR18Isaac Bruce, WR44 now WR40Michael Jenkins, WR48 now WR56Andre' Davis, WR63 now WR107Arnez Battle, WR75 now WR62Ronald Curry, WR82 now WR54TEKellen Winslow, Jr., TE11 now TE12Bubba Franks, TE23 now TE22PKNate Kaeding, PK14 still PK14 Rob Bironas, PK21 now PK26DEFAtlanta Falcons, DEF13 now DEF15Kansas City Chiefs, DEF24 now DEF26
Overall it looks like things deteriorated in the past 3 months projection wise. Volek getting benched will hurt. Davis didn't pan out but I still have 6 WR that should see a fair amount of action.

Last edited by a moderator:
Rzrback77

QB

QB 2.15 Peyton Manning Colts 6

QB 14.15 Kelly Holcombe Bils 8

QB 20.15 Jim Sorgi Colts 6

All the marbles on Manning. With Edge gone, he could top 40 TDs again. Sorgi a good backup, but if he steps on the field for any meaningful playing time, you are hurting. Holcomb is not guaranteed to be the starter by any means. A second QB that would be a definite starter would have been preferred.

GRADE: B+

RB

RB 1.02 Larry Johnson Chiefs 3

RB 3.02 Domanick Davis Texans 5 IR IR IR IR IR IR IR IR IR IR

RB 6.15 Frank Gore 49ers 7

RB 16.15 Onterrio Smith ??? GONE GONE GONE GONE GONE

RB 17.2 Brian Calhoun Rookie Come on LJ and Gore - this is desperately thin

LJ and who knows what after that. OSmith might not ever play again, and DDavis and FGore are fighting for playing time. Best case is Davis holds off Bush for a while and / or contributes enought to be a RB2. Calhoun is far too early to determine.

GRADE: B for LJ and lack of RB2.

WR

WR 4.15 Javon Walker Packers 6 or ?

WR 8.15 Keenan McCardell Chargers 3

WR 7.2 Jerry Porter Raiders 3

WR 9.2 Amani Toomer Giants 4

WR 10.15 Ernest Wilford Jags 6

WR 11.2 Marty Booker Dolphins 8

WR 18.15 LeRon McCoy Cardinals 9

Walker for your WR1 may be a good pick, so long as he's healthy. McCardell has a virtual rookie for a QB, so his performance may fall. I've always liked Toomer, but he's the 3rd option at best after Plax and Shockey. Wilford gets some TDs which should help in this format. Porter is a solid WR2 in Oakland. McCoy is the WR4 in Arizona and got some playing time late in the season, but I don't see much upside unless there are injuries. Booker hasn't lived up to his role and may even lose his job to Welker.

GRADE: B-

TE

TE 5.2 Chris Cooley Redskins 8

TE 12.15 Leonard Pope Rookie

Not terribly deep, since we don't know what Pope will do nor where he will be. Cooley won't do as well this season IMO since the WRs improved dramatically in Washington (last year Patten or Thrash was the WR2).

GRADE: B-

PK

K 15.2 Mike Vanderjagt Cowboys 3 Injured Week One???

One kicker on a good offense. No real risk of injury, but he wasn't a kickoff guy. Will the Cowboys ask that of him and will he be more likely to get hurt? Just a slight concern.

GRADE: B- due to only one.

D

Defense 13.2 Carolina Panthers 9

Defense 19.2 San Diego Chargers 3

Two good defenses with no conflicts.

GRADE: A

Overall, I see the team as competitive but a little thin, especially at RB2 and WR3. TE won't live up to the expectations, but QB, D and RB1 are strong. Walker at WR1 needs to perform.

OVERALL GRADE: B+

Aaron Rudnicki

QB

Michael Vick, QB, ATL 5

Steve McNair, QB, TEN / BAL? 7

Matt Schaub, QB, ATL 5

Three QBs, including a handcuff. Considering it is Vick, that makes sense. Always a chance Schaub plays somewhere else as well. Speaking of which - McNair? Baltimore? Tennessee? Both have Week 7 off so that's easy.

If McNair doesn't find a job by Week 5, this could be a big weak spot. As it is, it is not a strength.

GRADE: B-.

RB

Lamont Jordan, RB, OAK 3

Thomas Jones, RB, CHI 7

Mewelde Moore, RB, MIN 6

Michael Pittman, RB, TB 4

Caught a break with just 4 RBs and not having a bye issues. LamJ is a clear #1 with Top 5 potential, especially with PPR. Jones needs to keep his job in front of Benson, and then he becomes a solid RB2. Moore is competing for a job, and Pittman will get you a big week now and then.

GRADE: A- (B if Jones not a starter)

WR

Hines Ward, WR, PIT 4

Terry Glenn, WR, DAL 3

Antonio Bryant, WR, SF 7

Eric Parker, WR, SD 3

Doug Gabriel, WR, OAK 3

Wes Welker, WR, MIA 8

Chad Jackson, WR, Rookie (now NE) 6

Some issues in Week 3 at depth and 3 WRs out, but overall a good group. No one spectacular, but most weeks Ward will be the #1, and Glenn, Bryand and Parker will try for the 2nd and 3rd slot. Not a ton of production though.

GRADE: B

TE

Todd Heap, TE, BAL 7

Steve Heiden, TE, CLE 6

Heap has been a Top 10 TE when healthy, but he's had health issues a few times in the last 3-4 years. I expect him to miss more time and/or struggle through an injury and hurting his production. Heiden should be the #2 TE in Cleveland - not good enough despite starting last year.

GRADE: B-.

PK

John Kasay, PK, CAR 9

Ryan Lindell, PK, BUF 8

Decent kickers - none on a big offense and both outdoors. Buffalo can be very tricky.

GRADE: B+.

DEF

Cincinnati Bengals, DEF 8

NY Jets, DEF 9

Both teams are mediocre on paper, but they do get sacks and turnovers. No bye conflict.

GRADE: B+.

OVERALL

RB is a strength, but the others are middle of the road talents. Plenty of depth, but not many big playmakers. WRs are OK, especially Ward, but after him none of the WRs keep other OC's up at night.

OVERALL GRADE: B
my RBs actually suck, but otherwise this team looks solid so far.

btw, twilight, there is a guy on my team at your site named "Mike Horacek". No idea who that is, but it looks like Chad Jackson is missing. I also think his 12 points from week 2 would have counted for my team over Wes Welker's 9.

Thanx for the heads up. It's now Fixed. You got the random dweeb, and Chad Jackson went to BFred instead of Berrian. The perils of manually entering in 15 drafts..

I've adjusted the scores for all three weeks. It gives BF 7 more points in week 1 and week 2, and you 3 more in week 2. It had no effect on bootee/immunity.

Huge week for my squad, but I'm dead meat in week six with Joseph Addai, Reggie Williams, and Tom Brady on bye. You just can't afford to risk early picks on high upside guys like DeShaun Foster or Kurt Warner in this kind of league. I've finally realized that. I've never been a big fan of survivor leagues, but I've finally figured out how to play them. Unfortunately, I'll probably have to wait until next season to claim my first survivor title.

Looks like I might survive Brady's bye week after all. Frank Black is in bye week hell. Look at his roster:

Delhomme

Plummer

Alexander - OUT

Morris

Dillon - OUT

Goings

F. Taylor - OUT

Pearman - OUT

Harrison - OUT

Henry - OUT

Williamson - OUT

K-Rob - OUT

Si. Moss

Muhammad

E. Johnson

Wiggins - OUT

M. Lewis - OUT

Todd Peterson - OUT OF LEAGUE

Titans

49ers

Brutal! :banned:

Huge week for my squad, but I'm dead meat in week six with Joseph Addai, Reggie Williams, and Tom Brady on bye. You just can't afford to risk early picks on high upside guys like DeShaun Foster or Kurt Warner in this kind of league. I've finally realized that. I've never been a big fan of survivor leagues, but I've finally figured out how to play them. Unfortunately, I'll probably have to wait until next season to claim my first survivor title.
Survivor's are very fun if ya ask me, I really just use them to get ready for my 12 & 14 team re-drafters. I really helps going against the top notch competition.Thank god for getting McNabb in this league or I'd be sunk.

I was shocked to learn that I was ahead in scoring in this league and doing pretty well. I really thought my team would be middle of the road at best.

I suspect that there will be some really low scores this week and next week with all the people with byes.

wow, some how i survived last week with no QB. hass on bye and c'pepper on the bench. not that my sorry team will make it much further but...........

wow, some how i survived last week with no QB. hass on bye and c'pepper on the bench. not that my sorry team will make it much further but...........
I survive w/o a QB last week. I've seen others doing that too. QB is vastly overated in this format.

Looks like I might survive Brady's bye week after all. Frank Black is in bye week hell. Look at his roster:DelhommePlummerAlexander - OUTMorrisDillon - OUTGoingsF. Taylor - OUTPearman - OUTHarrison - OUTHenry - OUTWilliamson - OUTK-Rob - OUTSi. Moss MuhammadE. JohnsonWiggins - OUTM. Lewis - OUTTodd Peterson - OUT OF LEAGUETitans49ersBrutal! :banned:
:cry: Also, as I posted in another thread, I thought (until I read this thread) that in WSL, I only had 1 WR starting this week. Driver is injured, Fitz and Stokley are out, and Jimmy Smith retired. I thought I would be able to start Williamson as my sole WSL WR, and now you tell me that Williamson isn't playing!

Looks like Ruds is toast. Funk vs. Twilight for the title. :football:
Probably, but this goes for 2 weeks, and the 37 pts deficit (119/115/78, EBF, Twi, AR as of 5:10 PT) right now is workable in 2 weeks. Week 14/15 to eliminate 1. Week 16/17 for the championship

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks like Ruds is toast. Funk vs. Twilight for the title. :football:
Probably, but this goes for 2 weeks, and the 37 pts deficit (119/115/78, EBF, Twi, AR as of 5:10 PT) right now is workable in 2 weeks. Week 14/15 to eliminate 1. Week 16/17 for the championship
Gotcha. I figured it would be single week elimination until the final two.

A down week from pretty much everyone on my roster = :banned:

Good luck to the remaining teams. Third place isn't so bad given some of my awful picks (Foster, Warner, Troupe :angry: ). Got very lucky with Addai and Henry, but alas, they didn't step up when I most needed it.

Users who are viewing this thread