What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

White Sox at Tigers (1 Viewer)

Green94

Footballguy
With the White Sox being as inconsistent as ever and the Tigers just losing 3 of 4 to the Rangers, this sets up to be quite an interesting series. The White Sox have had the Tigers number this year posting a 9-3 record, but in Detroit the Tigers have 2 of those wins.

Pitching matchups are set:

Contreras vs. Verlander

Buerhle vs. Rogers

Garcia vs. Miner

Garland vs. Robertson

Figured I would set up a thread for this series considering Tiger fans are sick of seeing us in their thread, although I think there is a mutual understanding between the 2 fan bases. :lmao: :bye: So let's have at it, it's going to be fun to watch. :thumbup: And more importantly, let the #### talking begin :popcorn:

BTW, my prediction is a split. Thankfully, Vazquez isn't pitching in this series. With the Tigers offense being as it is, I think the Sox can muster two good performances from their staff and shut them down.

Like DD said, tomorrows game is HUGE.

BTW, my prediction is a split. Thankfully, Vazquez isn't pitching in this series. With the Tigers offense being as it is, I think the Sox can muster two good performances from their staff and shut them down.

I'm getting the first three games over here so it's going to be a long work week. Last year I think the Tigers were on a total of five times.

I'm getting the first three games over here so it's going to be a long work week. Last year I think the Tigers were on a total of five times.
:thumbup:

Tigers aquired Neifi Perez from the Cubs. Good pickup.

About the series: White Sox have the advantage the first two games, Tigers the last two.

About the series: White Sox have the advantage the first two games, Tigers the last two.
:lmao:
:goodposting: How is it a good pickup?
How isn't it? Not many three-position players out there. He is no worse than Omar Infante if that is what you are asking. Gives them a little flexibility.If the Tigers go 2-2 they should be fine. Bats are going silent in Motown. The Garland-Robertson is the best matchup of the four games.

Should be interesting.

Anything less than a 3-1 win by the Tigers would have to be viewed as a disappointment. You're EXPECTED to win home game series.

How isn't it? Not many three-position players out there. He is no worse than Omar Infante if that is what you are asking. Gives them a little flexibility.
Neifi 2004 -- .276/.195/.571

2005 -- .298/.383/.681

2006 -- .266/.343/.609

Omar

2004 -- .317/.449/.766

2005 -- .254/.367/.621

2006 -- .311/.378/.689

Now add in that Neifi is 32 and clearly on the downside and Omar is 23. Oh and wait, Neifi make $2.5MM, not just this year but also next year. So how is this a good deal?

Neifi may be the worst regular in all of baseball. And he gets paid $2.5MM!!! Ugh.

But on the bright side, the Tigers are still 5.5 games up even after going through their worst slump of the season! GO TIGERS!!

Should be interesting.

Anything less than a 3-1 win by the Tigers would have to be viewed as a disappointment. You're EXPECTED to win home game series.
'GRIDIRON ASSASSIN' post='5364597' date='Aug 20 2006, 04:30 PM

If indeed Chicago and Detroit make it to the playoffs, they'd never face each other in the first round, and the Tigers would have to win a 7 game series against a winning team in Round One to get to the Palehose - which they are incapable of, as proven so far this year.

Update on this siutuation. :lmao:

Should be interesting.

If indeed Chicago and Detroit make it to the playoffs, they'd never face each other in the first round, and the Tigers would have to win a 7 game series against a winning team in Round One to get to the Palehose - which they are incapable of, as proven so far this year.

Here's your update Dr. Demento:Sox lead seasons series 9-3 right now.

If the Tigers can't win 3 of 4 in the next few days, they won't gain any ground on the season record against the White Sox, and their psyche against the Palehose will take another hit.

Granted they'll still lead the division - but they know that the White Sox have their number - and have had their numbers for the past couple of seasons. Ozzie Guillen OWNS Jim Leyland.

GRIDIRON ASSASSIN said:
Doctor Detroit said:
GRIDIRON ASSASSIN said:
Should be interesting.

If the Tigers can't win 3 of 4 in the next few days, they won't gain any ground on the season record against the White Sox, and their psyche against the Palehose will take another hit.

Granted they'll still lead the division - but they know that the White Sox have their number - and have had their numbers for the past couple of seasons. Ozzie Guillen OWNS Jim Leyland.
You don't even see the problem do you? :lmao: You know absolutely nothing about baseball and pound for pound, the.draft.robot.is.a.much.more.relavant.and.knowledgable.poster.than.you. Congrats on being the worst poster on the internet. I know it took years of practice. :thumbup:

GRIDIRON ASSASSIN said:
Should be interesting.Anything less than a 3-1 win by the Tigers would have to be viewed as a disappointment. You're EXPECTED to win home game series.
I think anything less than 2-2 by Detroit would be a disappointment. This is the one team they have struggled with all year.

whoknew said:
FairWarning said:
whoknew said:
Limp Ditka said:
FairWarning said:

How isn't it? Not many three-position players out there. He is no worse than Omar Infante if that is what you are asking. Gives them a little flexibility.
Neifi 2004 -- .276/.195/.571

2005 -- .298/.383/.681

2006 -- .266/.343/.609

Omar

2004 -- .317/.449/.766

2005 -- .254/.367/.621

2006 -- .311/.378/.689

Now add in that Neifi is 32 and clearly on the downside and Omar is 23. Oh and wait, Neifi make $2.5MM, not just this year but also next year. So how is this a good deal?

Neifi may be the worst regular in all of baseball. And he gets paid $2.5MM!!! Ugh.

But on the bright side, the Tigers are still 5.5 games up even after going through their worst slump of the season! GO TIGERS!!
Problem with your logic is Neifi is not an everyday player. Only in Dusty Baker's world he is. He will be a good role player for the Tigers. WHo would you rather have that is available and have to give up nothing for?

GRIDIRON ASSASSIN said:
Should be interesting.Anything less than a 3-1 win by the Tigers would have to be viewed as a disappointment. You're EXPECTED to win home game series.
I think anything less than 2-2 by Detroit would be a disappointment. This is the one team they have struggled with all year.
:goodposting: As far as the playoffs go, there is a less than 25% chance that these two will actually meet. Both have to make it (not yet a sure thing) and both would have to win their first round series (even less of a sure thing).

GRIDIRON ASSASSIN said:
Doctor Detroit said:
GRIDIRON ASSASSIN said:
Should be interesting.

Not any more. He put him up on ebay and I bought him last night. Looking forward to this series. Hopefully the Tigers can find their bats again.

Game 1 to the Tigers, congrats.Contreras looks like he has hit the wall. Sucks. Oh well.
The White Sox are back to getting inconsistent starting pitching again...Garland, outside of his recent Yankee start, has been very good, and Buerhle is showing signs of getting back on track, but now Contreras, Vazquez and Garcia have been spotty.....Let's not also forget out the lack of offense.Pods is batting about .260..when's the last time he stole a base or even tried bunting for a hit ?Thome is keeping his average in the .290+ range, but there has been a power outage with him...I don't think he's had more than 5 HR since the all-star break. Maybe that wrist injury is a factor ???I'm not going to panic about the White Sox - I still believe this team can play and beat anyone, but they need to start hitting on all cyclinders here with Minny right on them, and Detroit holding a comfortable lead.

Ozzie gets tossed for arguing balls/strikes. Tigers go out to a 1st inning lead. 2-0.

Rock Raines takes over the dugout for the stockings.

Ozzie gets tossed for arguing balls/strikes. Tigers go out to a 1st inning lead. 2-0.Rock Raines takes over the dugout for the stockings.
They just showed a split screen on WCIU in Chicago on a pitch to a Detroit batter called a ball, and a pitch to Konerko called a strike, and, I don't blame Ozzie for going nuts about the lack of consistentcy in the strike zone.No excuses though, Detroit is outplaying the White Sox so far.

Ozzie gets tossed for arguing balls/strikes. Tigers go out to a 1st inning lead. 2-0.Rock Raines takes over the dugout for the stockings.
They just showed a split screen on WCIU in Chicago on a pitch to a Detroit batter called a ball, and a pitch to Konerko called a strike, and, I don't blame Ozzie for going nuts about the lack of consistentcy in the strike zone.No excuses though, Detroit is outplaying the White Sox so far.
I think it's mandatory for a manager to chirp when your pitcher walks in a run?

I think it's mandatory for a manager to chirp when your pitcher walks in a run?
Maybe, but they were bad calls.....Doesn't look like it's going to matter though because Kenny Rogers is just mowing down the White Sox hitters.

Maggs is not helping out there in RF. He's still not on the Manny Ramirez level though. Now there's a HACK in the OF.

Only way the White Sox make the playoffs is if Minny/Boston fall off the face of the Earth. They look terrible. I thought Detroit's hitting was suspect, wow, the White Sox can't even hit Kenny freaking Rogers. Not good, I haven't seen most of this game so I'm not sure how the Tigers scored, but it appears as if Buerhle was OK tonight.

Only way the White Sox make the playoffs is if Minny/Boston fall off the face of the Earth. They look terrible. I thought Detroit's hitting was suspect, wow, the White Sox can't even hit Kenny freaking Rogers. Not good, I haven't seen most of this game so I'm not sure how the Tigers scored, but it appears as if Buerhle was OK tonight.
The Sox aren't built to hit a guy like Rogers... They hit the hard throwing guys that don't think. Rogers doesn't out pitch them, he out thinks them.

Boston's slump couldn't have come at a better time for the White Sox...Even with another loss tonight for the White Sox, they still will have at least a 3 game lead on the Red Sox....Plus, as bad as the White Sox are playing, at least they're losing to good teams...Baltimore beats the Twins tonight 6-3.

Users who are viewing this thread