What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

:MERGED: Perry's back this week, right? (1 Viewer)

Christmas Perry's stats

in the 16 total games he has played

he has 63 carries for 279 yards

He does have 54 catches for 361 yards (6.7 YPR)

and two total touchdowns.

Christmas Perry's statsin the 16 total games he has playedhe has 63 carries for 279 yards He does have 54 catches for 361 yards (6.7 YPR)and two total touchdowns.
Larry Johnson had a pretty quiet first two years in the league too. :thumbup:

Christmas Perry's statsin the 16 total games he has playedhe has 63 carries for 279 yards He does have 54 catches for 361 yards (6.7 YPR)and two total touchdowns.
So you're argument is predicated on Rudi Johnson sustaining a severe injury?
Larry Johnson put up some pretty tasty stats even when the Padre was still starting :shrug:

For keeper/dynasty purposes, I'd be more positive on Perry's chances in the future if Rudi weren't relatively young himself (not to mention firmly entrenched as the starter)

Absent a big Rudi injury, the best thing for Perry is to have a strong second half of the season, and possibly generate some trade interest for next year.

Last edited by a moderator:
Assuming he's activated, any Perry owners out there starting him as a flex? I'm in a PPR league and have an open flex/RB3 spot thanks to some bye week issues (Deuce out, Norwood not 100% reliable yet) and was thinking of putting Perry in there, especially after hearing K.Washington is hurt and Marvin Lewis is thinking of lining Perry up at WR a lot (a la Bush).

Not a WDIS or advice question, just trying to see what other Perry owners (who might have bye week issues like I do) are thinking. Think he'll get some touches, or is it too early to take a chance, as they might ease him in slowly? :confused:

There's some good discussion about Perry in another post. But I'm planning to start him as RB2 in a PPR.

I feel better about it, knowing the Bengals have some issues at WR. I can see them going with a lot of 2-back sets where they put Perry in motion. I'm optimistically targeting him to have at least 5 catches and a handful of carries.

:sleeperalert: :football:
:goodposting: From local radio, it sounds as if Chad's shoulder is bothering him. I'm sure he'll play, but Cincy is already down to 3 available WRs this week:Chad, TJ, and Antonio Chatman.If Perry plays, it may be in a capacity greater than catching balls out of the backfield.

There's some good discussion about Perry in another post. But I'm planning to start him as RB2 in a PPR.I feel better about it, knowing the Bengals have some issues at WR. I can see them going with a lot of 2-back sets where they put Perry in motion. I'm optimistically targeting him to have at least 5 catches and a handful of carries.
yeah, saw that post first, but it was mostly guys debating his overall skill, debating whether or not marvin activated him, adding some jeremy shockey jokes and/or some big red X's. i figured i'd start one closer to sunday that was more of a "I own perry and am starting/benching him because_____" kinda thing.as of now, i'm throwing him in there over jerious norwood at my flex.

Christmas Perry's stats

in the 16 total games he has played

he has 63 carries for 279 yards

He does have 54 catches for 361 yards (6.7 YPR)

and two total touchdowns.
So you're argument is predicated on Rudi Johnson sustaining a severe injury?
I'm not making an argument really. I'm just saying, as I've said all along, that this kid is just way, way too talented to sit on the bench as a true "backup." If healthy, (a big if, admittedly), I think it's silly to write off someone with his talent, particularly since he can be had for peanuts right now (off waivers in some leagues). I believe he has the talent to be a top-10 RB, but it's also obvious that the opportunity to find out whether that's going to happen could be a ways off, with Rudi playing lights-out this year and never being injured.

I still think that, alongside Turner, Perry is the other most talented backup in the league.

:shrug:

First of all, I will say I am considering starting him due to some very Un-Sharklike behavior on my part - basically I didn't pay attention to the fact that I had overloaded on Week 7 byes and suddenly found myself shorthanded and the WW was picked fairly bare of impact players.

To merge this thread with a similar one from last week...

I'm probably starting Chris Perry over Michael Turner this week because i'm an idiot and those are my two best choices. :bag:

My options are Chris Perry, Jerious Norwood and Wali Lundy due to having Steven Jackson and the Titans RBBC on a bye this week.

Yeah, I know... :bag: ...but you should see my WR! (And believe it or not, I'm 5-1 in that league. Travis Henry has actually bailed me out a couple times.)

He has been activated.

Bengals homer here. I think he'll definitely see a lot of action - they need him to slow down that pass rush with the line being in the shape it's in. How well he'll perform, given the rust, is the question. If you read some of his quotes on that website, they make me wonder if he's really ready to go yet.

interesting to hear you guys say all that. i would think he needs at least a week to get acclaimated. some of you though it sounds like you have little or no other options.

blogger re cincy enquirer

The Bengals today promoted tailback Chris Perry to the 53-man roster. At the same time, the team placed wide receiver Tab Perry on injured reserve, ending his season.

Is this guy worth a roster spot. Does anyone want to predict what he will do from here on out. Obviously if Rudi goes down he could be a top ten back. I believe that even if Rudy is running well there will be enough touches for Perry for him to have value in a point per reception league. What do you think?

Was reading up on him earlier. The Bengals have been having him practice as a RB and a WR this week. With the WR problems they have right now he could be a sneaky pickup.

Absolutely! I have Perry in a non PPR league and I'm considering playing him. If I had him in a PPR league, I'd be all over him as VERY good value the rest of the way.

I know he has been activated, but has there been any official word on if he definately is going to play on Sunday? I need to pick up a RB tonight but I don't want to waste a pick on him if he ends up not playing.

Any homer insight?

Thanks for the help.

interesting to hear you guys say all that. i would think he needs at least a week to get acclaimated. some of you though it sounds like you have little or no other options.
Get acclimated? It's not like he's been in another country up until Wednesday.

Injury, though a significant one, is the only concern for Perry. Those who hype him are most likely those who have watched him play extensively. Not only has he had some bad luck with injury, but he had 2 touchdowns and a few big plays called back on penalties. He plays with a chip on his shoulder and is a threat to take it to the house every time he touches the ball.

Users who are viewing this thread