What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Week 12 Waiver Wire Targets (1 Viewer)

BobbyLayne

Footballguy
@Faust @FBG Moderator please pin

Possible WW candidates for Week 12
  • Isaiah Likely (Andrews replacement)
  • Roschon Johnson redeux (Foreman injury)
  • Patrick Taylor resigned to the 53-man off the Patriots practices squad (Aaron Jones likely out Thursday, as is 3rd string RB Emanuel Wilson)
  • Browning, DeVito and AOC in Superflex?
  • Greg Dortch (8 targets 6-76)
  • Dontayvion Wicks (role is increasing)
  • Robert Woods (8 targets)
  • Royce Freeman in standard leagues
  • D'Ernest Johnson as a lotto ticket
  • Chris Rodriguez while Gibson is out
  • Cade Otton
  • Luke Musgrave
who else?

On Wicks…concussion late in the game yesterday.

yeah saw a tweet that said "Unconfirmed yet if Wicks is in full concussion protocol or if it's similar to Watson's situation a couple weeks ago."

anyway worth a stash for Week 13 if he can't go Thursday
he's been coming on strong the last month but obvs needs more snaps/targets - those are earned, and he is earning them with his play

2 guys I am looking at hard are:

Zach Charbonnet - but has a tough schedule coming up
Odell Beckham - although I'm concerned about the shoulder

Before you say "Not in my league" - we have a short bench

2 guys I am looking at hard are:

Zach Charbonnet - but has a tough schedule coming up
Odell Beckham - although I'm concerned about the shoulder

Before you say "Not in my league" - we have a short bench
I wasn’t going to cherry pick the “not in my league” BS

It was the “looking at hard “ that was weird.

That said. You should def get Charbs.

I think you can get hard by yourself, without OBJ

• Patrick Taylor resigned to the 53-man off the Patriots practices squad (Aaron Jones likely out Thursday, as is 3rd string RB Emanuel Wilson)
  • Cade Otton
  • Luke Musgrave
who else?
Re Freeman, Kyren Williams is back this week.

• Cade Otton
  • Luke Musgrave
who else?

And Achane was back last week

ya never know

But yeah Kyren s/b getting the lions share of work if all goes according to plan

• Cade Otton
  • Luke Musgrave
who else?

And Achane was back last week

ya never know

But yeah Kyren s/b getting the lions share of work if all goes according to plan
Just making sure everyone has the latest! lol

I liked A.T. Perry, and then the Saints went and brought back Marquez Callaway. We know how coaches like the proven (if mediocre) commodity over the raw but talented rookie.

Ty Chandler?

Excerpt from NFL.com

Ty Chandler
Minnesota Vikings
ROSTERED: 27%

OK, so 3.1 of Chandler’s 15 fantasy points on Sunday Night Football came on an amazing fake punt (that ultimately didn’t matter much in a narrow loss). We likely can’t count on those every week. And he was out-carried 18 to 10 by Alexander Mattison. Not my best sell? Stick with me. Not only did Chandler total 73 yards on the 10 carries he did get, but he also caught all four of his targets for 37 yards as a receiver. Mattison caught one of two targets -- for negative yardage. Chandler also passes the eye test in ways Mattison simply does not, plus Mattison lost a fumblethat sort of marked the turning point in Sunday’s defeat. All of this after we highlighted Chandler one week ago for his excellent showing against the Saints. Mattison will continue getting carries in this offense, but I think Chandler might be the more valuable back for fantasy and should be added in most leagues.

Ty Chandler?

Excerpt from NFL.com

Ty Chandler
Minnesota Vikings

OK, so 3.1 of Chandler’s 15 fantasy points on Sunday Night Football came on an amazing fake punt (that ultimately didn’t matter much in a narrow loss). We likely can’t count on those every week. And he was out-carried 18 to 10 by Alexander Mattison. Not my best sell? Stick with me. Not only did Chandler total 73 yards on the 10 carries he did get, but he also caught all four of his targets for 37 yards as a receiver. Mattison caught one of two targets -- for negative yardage. Chandler also passes the eye test in ways Mattison simply does not, plus Mattison lost a fumblethat sort of marked the turning point in Sunday’s defeat. All of this after we highlighted Chandler one week ago for his excellent showing against the Saints. Mattison will continue getting carries in this offense, but I think Chandler might be the more valuable back for fantasy and should be added in most leagues.
You’re about a week too late

Ty Chandler?

Excerpt from NFL.com

Ty Chandler
Minnesota Vikings

In fairness Faust bolded that the NFL.com article shows only 27% owned on their site’s fantasy game. It’s not completely out of the realm of possibility that Chandler went unclaimed — or even dropped amidst the news of Mattison being active — and this would just amount to “last call” for anyone that still has a chance at getting Chandler.

Ty Chandler?

Excerpt from NFL.com

Ty Chandler
Minnesota Vikings

In fairness Faust bolded that the NFL.com article shows only 27% owned on their site’s fantasy game. It’s not completely out of the realm of possibility that Chandler went unclaimed — or even dropped amidst the news of Mattison being active — and this would just amount to “last call” for anyone that still has a chance at getting Chandler.
Correct. In every league I roster Chandler, yahoo alerted me that tons of people dropped him.

Ty Chandler?

Excerpt from NFL.com

Ty Chandler
Minnesota Vikings

Please refer to the PSA in Post #7.

I liked A.T. Perry, and then the Saints went and brought back Marquez Callaway. We know how coaches like the proven (if mediocre) commodity over the raw but talented rookie.

56 snaps in Week 10. Liked him a lot coming out, he was outstanding at the East West Shrine Bowl.

Saints wide receivers corps, pending further moves:
  1. Chris Olave
  2. Michael Thomas (injured)
  3. Rashid Shaheed
  4. Lynn Bowden Jr. lol
  5. A.T. Perry
  6. Keith Kirkwood
  7. Jontre Kirklin (PS)
  8. Marquez Callaway (PS)
  9. Shaquan Davis (PS/injured)
Still has an outside shot at fantasy relevance before the end of the season, but no clear path ATM. If Jameis were under center I would be all over that. #dreaming

Upside RB stashes for playoffs in case they pop:

* J. Wilson: Achane banged up again, R. Mostert due.
* E. Mitchell: CMC usage is HIGH.
* R. Johnson: Maybe this story has a happy ending with D. Foreman banged up and who knows with K. Herbert.

I haven't scoured practice squads and depth charts to identify candidates but we are nearing that time of year when teams who are out of playoff contention will want to kick the tires on young talent that haven't seen many snaps YTD

Always some surprising upside plays during the FF playoffs

hey guys Justin Watson got 11 targets last night
A guy with that kind of volume has to be the top pickup of the week
Do you really think you can count on that on any particular week? I can’t see anyone starting him unless desperate.
:sarcasm:
Serious Question

scroll up this has been covered
I’m too tired to do that :) My fingers need a rest.

* R. Johnson: Maybe this story has a happy ending with D. Foreman banged up and who knows with K. Herbert.
Jeff Wilson Jr. is a savvy pickup given Raheem Mostert’s injury history (while noting Wilson’s own history isn’t great either). Feels like Salvon Ahmed is De'Von Achane’s direct backup in the offense, whereas Wilson is Mostert’s direct backup, if that makes sense. I’d personally prioritize Wilson first but I can easily see Ahmed having value as well.

For comparison’s sake: the 2011 Pats had a 4-man backfield: BenJarvus Green-Ellis, Danny Woodhead, Stevan Ridley, and Shane Vereen. BJGE played the lead back role and Ridley was his direct backup in that role. Woodhead played the change of pace role and Vereen was his direct backup. Even though the skillsets and talent are very different, this is strictly about the role in the RBBC: Mostert would be BGJE in this scenario, Wilson would be Ridley, Achane would be Woodhead, and Ahmed would be Vereen.

Edit - forget what I said about Ahmed, he’s on IR.

Last edited:
Chase Brown (CIN) return from IR could be used down the stretch since they are out of the playoff hunt.
Interesting call - they’re not out yet by any stretch, but don’t see how they will hang on with Browning.

I doubt Mixon would be completely phased out if they are out of it, but worth keeping an eye on Brown - especially in dynasty

hey guys Justin Watson got 11 targets last night
A guy with that kind of volume has to be the top pickup of the week
Do you really think you can count on that on any particular week? I can’t see anyone starting him unless desperate.
:sarcasm:
Serious Question

scroll up this has been covered
Basically, with all the drops he had last night, there is no way I would roster Justyn Watson, never mind put him in a lineup. If you have to roster a Chiefs WR, then I think Rashee Rice is the only option. Everybody else is far too unreliable. Maybe if you have a roster with 20 spots or more, sure. But I've only got 14 roster spots in my league,

Don't worry -- Callaway is there to fill out the WR room and take practice reps. He's not going to see the field beyond what a #5 would normally see. Won't take reps from Perry.

Dropping Christian Watson for Tutu I guess is a move that can be made? In a 12 team .5ppr where we can start a possible 4 receivers, Watson is still unstartable.

In dire need of a QB2 at superflex league (redraft) for ROS including a playoff run.
Does anyone care to hold their nose and recommend who they'd target (top 2?) of the following to target on waivers?
  • Browning (CIN)
  • DTR (CLE)
  • DeVito (NYG)
  • Ridder (ATL)
  • Young (CAR)
  • Jones (NE)
If also have R. Stevenson (my RB3/4 currently on the bench) I could just put in at superflex...

Last edited:

Been carrying Wilson as a handcuff to Mostert…..Wilson as a healthy scratch I will be dropping him to bring K Williams off of the IR

Users who are viewing this thread