What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Week 12 Waiver Wire Targets (1 Viewer)

Upside RB stashes for playoffs in case they pop:

* J. Wilson: Achane banged up again, R. Mostert due.
* E. Mitchell: CMC usage is HIGH.
* R. Johnson: Maybe this story has a happy ending with D. Foreman banged up and who knows with K. Herbert.
Been carrying Wilson as a handcuff to Mostert…..Wilson as a healthy scratch I will be dropping him to bring K Williams off of the IR
Maybe wait on that. Ahmed out for the season. Was thinking of dropping Christian Watson for Tutu but now might prioritize Jeff? Not sure yet.

Read here

Last edited:

* R. Johnson: Maybe this story has a happy ending with D. Foreman banged up and who knows with K. Herbert.
Been carrying Wilson as a handcuff to Mostert…..Wilson as a healthy scratch I will be dropping him to bring K Williams off of the IR
Maybe wait on that. Ahmed out for the season. Was thinking of dropping Christian Aatson for Tutu but now might prioritize Jeff? Not sure yet.

Read here
Thx...not sure though if I want to be carrying a total of 5 RBs on a short roster. Byes are done for my team...... Been streaming defenses and with an 9-2 record thinking of carrying 2 defenses looking at some who have good matchups weeks 15-17 during the playoffs. Saints and Broncos have some good matchups those weeks

Last edited:

Jeff Wilson Jr. is a savvy pickup given Raheem Mostert’s injury history (while noting Wilson’s own history isn’t great either). Feels like Salvon Ahmed is De'Von Achane’s direct backup in the offense, whereas Wilson is Mostert’s direct backup, if that makes sense. I’d personally prioritize Wilson first but I can easily see Ahmed having value as well.

For comparison’s sake: the 2011 Pats had a 4-man backfield: BenJarvus Green-Ellis, Danny Woodhead, Stevan Ridley, and Shane Vereen. BJGE played the lead back role and Ridley was his direct backup in that role. Woodhead played the change of pace role and Vereen was his direct backup. Even though the skillsets and talent are very different, this is strictly about the role in the RBBC: Mostert would be BGJE in this scenario, Wilson would be Ridley, Achane would be Woodhead, and Ahmed would be Vereen.
Jeff Wilson dropped today in my league to make room for Kyren coming back....I'm putting in a claim and dropping Lenny. Speaking of which, Lenny seems destined to not dress with Ty Johnson balling out on Sunday.....too bad

Jeff Wilson Jr. is a savvy pickup given Raheem Mostert’s injury history (while noting Wilson’s own history isn’t great either). Feels like Salvon Ahmed is De'Von Achane’s direct backup in the offense, whereas Wilson is Mostert’s direct backup, if that makes sense. I’d personally prioritize Wilson first but I can easily see Ahmed having value as well.

For comparison’s sake: the 2011 Pats had a 4-man backfield: BenJarvus Green-Ellis, Danny Woodhead, Stevan Ridley, and Shane Vereen. BJGE played the lead back role and Ridley was his direct backup in that role. Woodhead played the change of pace role and Vereen was his direct backup. Even though the skillsets and talent are very different, this is strictly about the role in the RBBC: Mostert would be BGJE in this scenario, Wilson would be Ridley, Achane would be Woodhead, and Ahmed would be Vereen.
Jeff Wilson dropped today in my league to make room for Kyren coming back....I'm putting in a claim and dropping Lenny. Speaking of which, Lenny seems destined to not dress with Ty Johnson balling out on Sunday.....too bad
Wilson is a smart pickup especially now with Ahmed on IR. Have to wonder if he’ll be part of the RB rotation even if/when Achane returns.

Maybe wait on that. Ahmed out for the season. Was thinking of dropping Christian Watson for Tutu but now might prioritize Jeff? Not sure yet.

Read here
I’m have Mostert and am prioritizing Wilson. I’ve been carrying him all year. It will cost be one of Ridley or Diontae Johnson once/if Jefferson comes off IR though.

In dire need of a QB2 at superflex league (redraft) for ROS including a playoff run.
Does anyone care to hold their nose and recommend who they'd target (top 2?) of the following to target on waivers?
  • Browning (CIN)
  • DTR (CLE)
  • DeVito (NYG)
  • Ridder (ATL)
  • Young (CAR)
  • Jones (NE)
If also have R. Stevenson (my RB3/4 currently on the bench) I could just put in at superflex...

1. Ridder
  2. Young
  3. DTR
  4. Jones
  5. DeVito
  6. Browning
I have never played SuperFlex but Rhamondre seems less gross.

Carr probably clears the protocol before Sunday but there is a non-zero chance Jameis starts Sunday. I would put him above all the previously considered options if he is inserted into the Saints lineup.

In dire need of a QB2 at superflex league (redraft) for ROS including a playoff run.
Does anyone care to hold their nose and reccommend who they'd target (top 2?) of the following to target on waivers?
  • Browning (CIN)
  • DTR (CLE)
  • DeVito (NYG)
  • Ridder (ATL)
  • Young (CAR)
  • Jones (NE)
If also have R. Stevenson (my RB3/4 currently on the bench) I could just put in at superflex...

1. Ridder
  2. Young
  3. DTR
  4. Jones
  5. DeVito
  6. Browning

Carr probably clears the protocol before Sunday but there is a non-zero chance Jameis starts Sunday. I would put him above all the previously considered options if he is inserted into the Saints lineup.
Thanks for the input. I actually think Browning has the best WR corp to work with (especially when Higgins returns) but he's also the most unknown of this ragtag bunch.

Last edited:
Does anyone care to hold their nose and reccommend who they'd target (top 2?) of the following to target on waivers?
  • Browning (CIN)
  • DTR (CLE)
  • DeVito (NYG)
  • Ridder (ATL)
  • Young (CAR)
  • Jones (NE)

1. Ridder
  2. Young
  3. DTR
  4. Jones
  5. DeVito
  6. Browning

Thanks for the input. I actually think Browning has the best WR corp to work with (especially when Higgins returns) but he's also the most unknown of this ragtag bunch.

Anything is possible, but before this year his experience was 4 years of practice squads. In college he had a productive Sophomore season chiefly bc of his outstanding receiving corps (John Ross, Dante Pettis, Drew Sample.) Had shoulder surgery and his TDs dropped from 43 to 19. There was nothing in his college tape that suggested he had NFL starter traits.

I drafted the Chase-Burrow stack and my bitterness may be a factor in my evaluation. But tbh I don't think there's much reason to be hopeful.

Antonio Gibson and Zack Moss on our WW. Any upside as lotto tickets? We have big rosters [(18 + 2 IR) x 12]
Moss really only has value if you're the JT owner. Waiting for him to get hurt when he's played 4 less games than every one else might be a fools errand.

Meh, what am I gonna do, roster Jamaal Williams? Cordarrelle Patterson? I'm not waiting for JT to get hurt but there's not much relevant cost between making my RB7 a lotto ticket or hoping Zay Jones knee holds up or Josh Reynolds revitalizes. My starters are solid so just tinkering with the bottom of the roster until someone with genuine upside emerges.

Antonio Gibson and Zack Moss on our WW. Any upside as lotto tickets? We have big rosters [(18 + 2 IR) x 12]
Moss really only has value if you're the JT owner. Waiting for him to get hurt when he's played 4 less games than every one else might be a fools errand.

Meh, what am I gonna do, roster Jamaal Williams? Cordarrelle Patterson? I'm not waiting for JT to get hurt but there's not much relevant cost between making my RB7 a lotto ticket or hoping Zay Jones knee holds up or Josh Reynolds revitalizes. My starters are solid so just tinkering with the bottom of the roster until someone with genuine upside emerges.
True.

Yep. We all run our fantasy rosters different. The week before the deadline is when I begin operation handcuff. I tend to get my handcuffs. Or at least try. As a Taylor owner Moss was a must get.

Yep. We all run our fantasy rosters different. The week before the deadline is when I begin operation handcuff. I tend to get my handcuffs. Or at least try. As a Taylor owner Moss was a must get.

interesting. I haven't tried to handcuff since DeAngelo Williams / L Bell in 2015. IIRC Bell was suspended the first two games....then got hurt with 8 games left and DeAngelo was a home run down the stretch.
  • Gibbs - naw, Netflix won't do much
  • Hall - behind that line? nope
  • Pacheco - some turkey drafted and still holding McKinnon. I suppose I could add CEH, he actually looked OKish on MNF
  • Warren - obvs no
  • Mitchell - not an option but also no thanks

interesting. I haven't tried to handcuff since DeAngelo Williams / L Bell in 2015. IIRC Bell was suspended the first two games....then got hurt with 8 games left and DeAngelo was a home run down the stretch.
  • Gibbs - naw, Netflix won't do much
  • Hall - behind that line? nope
  • Pacheco - some turkey drafted and still holding McKinnon. I suppose I could add CEH, he actually looked OKish on MNF
  • Warren - obvs no
  • Mitchell - not an option but also no thanks
During the season, my back of roster is my hot or miss lottery guys that changes as much mood does. Sometimes that's 3 times a week. Ha ha. Then as we get closer to playoffs I prefer the feeling of safety. As a Taylor owner having Moss gives me comfort. As a Kamara owner having Williams gives me comfort. I hope it's a wasted roster spot but I like comfort. I also may take it to far. Im now rostering Jaguars defense simply for week 17 at home against Panthers. I'll hold them 5 weeks with zero chance of using em for that one start. That one start will hopefully pay off.

Tucker Kraft is potentially a dart throw waiver wire option with the news that Luke Musgrave has a lacerated kidney.

• Browning (CIN)
  • DTR (CLE)
  • DeVito (NYG)
  • Ridder (ATL)
  • Young (CAR)
  • Jones (NE)

1. Ridder
  2. Young
  3. DTR
  4. Jones
  5. DeVito
  6. Browning

Anything is possible, but before this year his experience was 4 years of practice squads. In college he had a productive Sophomore season chiefly bc of his outstanding receiving corps (John Ross, Dante Pettis, Drew Sample.) Had shoulder surgery and his TDs dropped from 43 to 19. There was nothing in his college tape that suggested he had NFL starter traits.

I drafted the Chase-Burrow stack and my bitterness may be a factor in my evaluation. But tbh I don't think there's much reason to be hopeful.
Among those QBs, I actually like Browning the most but not exactly pounding the table for him. The things he has going on a relative basis is that he’s not one of the other guys, he’s got some rushing ability, elite weapons, and a very credible coaching staff that probably wouldn’t have him as a backup if he’s truly that awful.

Shakir is a def shout at WR if you need help. Snap % across last few weeks ….

65, 71, 76,74

Up from around 30% in the 7 odd weeks before.

Gone for 92 yds and 115 yds and a TD in 2 games in last 4 weeks. Seems to have replaced Gabe
I picked up him up in about 10 leagues he did nothing when I started him in a few of them scored me 3 pts then last week I cut him off most of my teams he gets a long TD.

That is the story of the fantasy football waiver wire

Wilson is a smart pickup especially now with Ahmed on IR. Have to wonder if he’ll be part of the RB rotation even if/when Achane returns.
Keep an eye on Darrynton Evans who the Dolphins signed yesterday. He was cut by the Bears after 5 games where he had 30 carries for 105 yards with a TD and 7 receptions for 49 yards.

Is AJ Dillon not being discussed because it’s assumed he’s already rostered or because he is not that good?

Kenny McIntosh had buzz in preseason, is healthy now, and might see some time with Kenneth Walker hurt. Not a bad speculative pickup.

Deep cuts:

Isaiah Likely is the hot TE pickup. He's a middling athlete coming out of school, but his backup, Charlie Kolar, is a stud athlete.
Mass

I'm with you, but I went with likely bc I could get him (34/1000 in FA bidding bc most people shot the load already). If I had another spot or if I missed out on Likely, I would pick him up for a buck. As it is, if he somehow hits over the weekend I have enough FA money to take another stab.

Deep cuts:

Isaiah Likely is the hot TE pickup. He's a middling athlete coming out of school, but his backup, Charlie Kolar, is a stud athlete.
Mass

I'm with you, but I went with likely bc I could get him (34/1000 in FA bidding bc most people shot the load already). If I had another spot or if I missed out on Likely, I would pick him up for a buck. As it is, if he somehow hits over the weekend I have enough FA money to take another stab.
I mean, this is deeeeep cut.

My main thinking is that in fantasy, bad athletes at TE (which Likely was during testing) don't do much, long term. The top fantasy TEs are ALL exceptional athletes. And Likely was getting more snaps, and it seems more.....likely they go with three WR, rather than start throwing to the backup TE.

I'/m gonna pick him up on deep dynasty rosters, where I have an end of bench guy who isn't part of the future.

I have the #5 waiver wire spot (out of 12) and only about 2-3 waivers get selected each week (folks wait for the FCFS immediately after waivers).....is Watson, KC receiver or Wilson, Miami RB worth putting in requests?? Would drop Rodriguez and/or Evans(LA Rams RB).

I have the #5 waiver wire spot (out of 12) and only about 2-3 waivers get selected each week (folks wait for the FCFS immediately after waivers).....is Watson, KC receiver or Wilson, Miami RB worth putting in requests?? Would drop Rodriguez and/or Evans(LA Rams RB).
I’d take Wilson over either of those guys. A Mostert injury and he’s golden.

Shakir is a def shout at WR if you need help. Snap % across last few weeks ….

65, 71, 76,74

Up from around 30% in the 7 odd weeks before.

Gone for 92 yds and 115 yds and a TD in 2 games in last 4 weeks. Seems to have replaced Gabe
I picked up him up in about 10 leagues he did nothing when I started him in a few of them scored me 3 pts then last week I cut him off most of my teams he gets a long TD.

That is the story of the fantasy football waiver wire
Things might also go down once Dawson Knox comes off IR, if the Bills go back to two-TE sets

Users who are viewing this thread