What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WCOFF (1 Viewer)

There is no solution to this screw up that is fair to everyone.
No there is probably not a solution that is fair to everyone but the solution they have taken so far is to allow the bidding to stand and re-run them later and that's not acceptable.
So what is acceptable, if there is not a fair solution to everyone?
Don't know really but my personal opinion is people knowing what you did on a player versus not having the chance to bid on a player is the worse of the two evils so bids should be re-set. But I know that's not completely fair, just the one I feel would be fairest to all.For what it's worth I've been in WCOFF since the beginning and 7 various leagues total. I almost never make a bid before friday but yesterday I was placed on hold for about 30 minutes and decided to do it than so I'm not negatively affected by this. In face, in a sattellite league this may have helped my acquire Owen Daniels. Still, I'd rather my bids were deleted and started over. I play in high stakes leagues like WCOFF because I put I enjoy the competition and it's nice to shoot for a high financial reward when you put the work into fantasy football like me and many others do. Still, at the end of the day it's a game I'd rather see everyone be able to compete in fairly.
How would that make it more fair? If anything it opens it up to manipulation more than ever.
If the bids are re-set it gives everyone a chance to bid on all players. Having the chance to bid on a player when people already know what some are willing to pay is a lot better alternative that not having a chance to bid on a player at all.
You still have a chance to bid on players. Just not the ones that someone already bid on. Having that information is MORE unfair to people who put in blind bids than NOT being able to bid on that person, but still having the ability to bid on someone else.It Happened, Kev.
And exactly how many quality players do you think are left worth bidding on in a 12 team, 20 roster league were the available free agents have already been picked over and you can't bid on anyone who was just dropped?
That's really not the point at all.
Please explain. How is the fact that the bidding was allowed to be processed and all players picked up and released are no longer able to be picked up not the point.

honestly, there really is no right answer, and 50% of the people will be pissed off either way
There's no right answer, but there are answers that are more or less wrong than others. And they are choosing a more wrong than less wrong.

honestly, there really is no right answer, and 50% of the people will be pissed off either way
There's no right answer, but there are answers that are more or less wrong than others. And they are choosing a more wrong than less wrong.
No there's not. If you reset all bids, the people who got their bids in early will be screwed. If you keep the bids that ran, the people who didn't get their bids in early get screwed. I don't know how anyone can say which one was "less wrong".

I don't see what the big deal is. Just reset everything and do it again.

The guys whose bids were seen KNOW their bids were seen. So they get to rebid with that information. I'll bet most of them change their bids around.

The greater evil is DEFINITELY keeping some folks from players even though they played by the rules. The lesser evil is forcing others to readjust their bids knowing that others are aware of what they bid the first time. But everyone should have accesss to the same players.

To those who think it should stand: How would you feel if your waivers normally go through on Wednesday...but they accidentally went through on Tuesday morning? Should you lose your shot at a guy because you were waiting for Tuesday afternoon to place your waiver bid since you know when the proces goes through?

I'm not sure you get my point. People who invest in competitive high dollar leagues should get a chance to bid on all the available free agents, not the one's who have already been picked over. Teams can still get a bye week or injury replacement because the bidding is going to open back up but all the bids that have been processed are final so if you waited until the rules say you can wait the pickings will be slimmed out.
So who did you miss out on that made you all pissy?

Bad year for major fantasy sites like WCOFF and Sportsline.
wcoff isn't a fantasy site itself...it uses xpertsports.it seems the sites that have the most problems are the ones that try to get overly slick in their interface.i'd rather have something a little more straightforward and know it works every week.

No there's not. If you reset all bids, the people who got their bids in early will be screwed. If you keep the bids that ran, the people who didn't get their bids in early get screwed. I don't know how anyone can say which one was "less wrong".
I don't know how you can say one is not less wrong.If you reset the bids, the teams that won players may not have even won them without the gaff, so you can't even say for sure they all got screwed. I'm sure some would have won them, and yes, those teams may get screwed. But they at least still have the option of bidding again on those players.If you keep the bids, then some teams never got their bids taken into account, and got screwed. They get zero chance at the players.As I said, there is no right answer. Because either way someone gets screwed. But in the one case, all teams still have a chance to win the players. In the other, teams are given zero chance to win the players. How can anyone say that one is not worse than the other? Unless the person is on a team who got players and doesn't want to lose them, I don't understand it.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm not sure you get my point. People who invest in competitive high dollar leagues should get a chance to bid on all the available free agents, not the one's who have already been picked over. Teams can still get a bye week or injury replacement because the bidding is going to open back up but all the bids that have been processed are final so if you waited until the rules say you can wait the pickings will be slimmed out.
Exactly what about anything I wrote do you construe as pissy? If you could or would bother to read you'd see I already wrote that if anything the faulty process helped me mainly because I acquired Owen Daniels for a pretty low price. This may be hard for you to understand, but not everything is always about you in this world and I'd prefer the people I compete against to have had an equal chance to pick players up.

I don't know how you can say one is not less wrong.If you reset the bids, the teams that won players may not have even won them without the gaff, so you can't even say for sure they all got screwed. I'm sure some would have won them, and yes, those teams may get screwed. But they at least still have the option of bidding again on those players.If you keep the bids, then some teams never got their bids taken into account, and got screwed. They get zero chance at the players.As I said, there is no right answer. Because either way someone gets screwed. But in the one case, all teams still have a chance to win the players. In the other, teams are given zero chance to win the players. How can anyone say that one is not worse than the other? Unless the person is on a team who got players and doesn't want to lose them, I don't understand it.
it comes down to what you think is more important...the blind bid aspect of the FA process or the date.WCOFF has chosen the blind bid aspect but has also allowed the teams that did not make a bid to still get someone to start this weekend. this is the best solution.if you didn't get a chance to outbid us on marvell ruvell or whoever tiger fan picked up for us this week, i doubt this effects your chances to win the whole thing.

I don't play in WCOFF, but I can't believe they would let the waivers stand. It sucks for teams whose bid became known, but at least going forward everyone has equal information as to what the previous high bid was. If you let the waivers stand, some teams had zero chance at the players they wanted. I don't see how anyone can say that would be a fairer solution than rolling the waivers back and doing them at the correct time.
I don't know exactly how the legal rules are stated, but I'd think there would be a lot more successful lawsuit possible if they didn't reset and redo waivers then if they let them stand.

a lot of pissed off people over on the WCOFF message board right now. were that many teams really that dependent on their week 8 waiver wire pickups?? Owen Daniels might not catch another pass all freakin' year.
This was my first thought. The supposed greatest players in the world fighting to bid on scrubs they could have had on waivers last week.The WCOFF is a joke for many reasons, this is just one of them.

a lot of pissed off people over on the WCOFF message board right now. were that many teams really that dependent on their week 8 waiver wire pickups?? Owen Daniels might not catch another pass all freakin' year.
This was my first thought. The supposed greatest players in the world fighting to bid on scrubs they could have had on waivers last week.The WCOFF is a joke for many reasons, this is just one of them.
i don't think you understand the lineup requirements and availability of players in this league.

it comes down to what you think is more important...the blind bid aspect of the FA process or the date.WCOFF has chosen the blind bid aspect but has also allowed the teams that did not make a bid to still get someone to start this weekend. this is the best solution.if you didn't get a chance to outbid us on marvell ruvell or whoever tiger fan picked up for us this week, i doubt this effects your chances to win the whole thing.
Agree that this is the best solution. It's already been said, but it bears repeating that there is no solution that is going to satisfy everyone. Also noticed offhand if I was to guess the culprit, it looks like someone set the Xperts web site to run the waivers at 8:00 AM EST instead of 8:00 PM EST. If that was the case, I'd be curious to know if that was someone at Xpert or WCOFF who set that.On the brighter side, at least this happened in week 9 when the best player on the fantasy heap appeared to be Owen Daniels. It's an ugly situation, but it could have been one helluva lot worse - imagine missing out on a Rex Grossman or Wali Lundy type at this stage of the season. There would be a lot more angry owners out there.

Who is the hot WW pickup in your league this week?Seems quite pertinent but not mentioned yet. I'm curious if it's not some 5th WR that will never start for your teams or a bye week kicker or somesuch.
this is the part i don't get. i understand people are pissed, justifiably so, but it's not the end of the world. at this point people are bidding $300 over Owen Daniels, Nate Washington, and whichever kicker they want to cover Akers' or Kasay's bye
People are bidding big money in my league on QB's.... Maybe they have Mcnabb on a bye or lost Bledsoe... Deep rosters mean some teams horde QB's and few are left....JP Loseman went for $600 (out of $1000 total for the year)and Jake Plummer went for $400......I dropped Loseman last week for Romo as my #2/#3 QB btw that's why he's out there, I'm sure the Plummer owner made adjustments as well.Some people even threw in some bids earlier in the week and then adjust it later on.. Maybe these guys didn't want to bid that amount - Either way, No one had any reason in the world to enter their bids before 8pm ACCORDING TO THE RULES.

I don't see what the big deal is. Just reset everything and do it again.
Guy in my league just shot his load and spent $600 on JP Loseman just to have a starting QB this week....He just might save money on that bid if allowed to do it again... Then what say, he gets to spend an extra $400 next week on another guy?

I can't believe there is not a manual check to release the bids each week after making sure they ran properly.

Seems a little odd that they would let it auto-release each week.

I think you're mistaking my intent 'bagger. I am not in the WCOFF. I'm replying to this like I would any "how should I handle this problem in my league". And I think most people would agree this is not the way to handle it, if they didn't have a horse in the race.

I don't play in WCOFF, but I can't believe they would let the waivers stand. It sucks for teams whose bid became known, but at least going forward everyone has equal information as to what the previous high bid was. If you let the waivers stand, some teams had zero chance at the players they wanted. I don't see how anyone can say that would be a fairer solution than rolling the waivers back and doing them at the correct time.
I don't know exactly how the legal rules are stated, but I'd think there would be a lot more successful lawsuit possible if they didn't reset and redo waivers then if they let them stand.
I'm not a lawyer (thank you God), but I imagine you're correct. Assuming the rules say that waivers run at a given time, by choosing a solution that ran them earlier they are going against the stated rules that people signed up to play under. You would have to think that would make them more legally liable than if they followed the rules and had the unintentional revelation of some team's bids.

I'm not a lawyer (thank you God), but I imagine you're correct. Assuming the rules say that waivers run at a given time, by choosing a solution that ran them earlier they are going against the stated rules that people signed up to play under. You would have to think that would make them more legally liable than if they followed the rules and had the unintentional revelation of some team's bids.
:rolleyes:

I can't believe that the WCOFF hasn't made an official statement or decision yet.

By my math, it's been six hours since the problem went down and there has yet to be any type of recognition that there is even a problem.

I follow most of the high stakes leagues pretty close and from what I see, it's only a matter of time before the NFFC passes WCOFF as the number one event. WCOFF seems too comfortable at the top, to the point where it's going to start costing them customers.

I can't believe that the WCOFF hasn't made an official statement or decision yet. By my math, it's been six hours since the problem went down and there has yet to be any type of recognition that there is even a problem. I follow most of the high stakes leagues pretty close and from what I see, it's only a matter of time before the NFFC passes WCOFF as the number one event. WCOFF seems too comfortable at the top, to the point where it's going to start costing them customers.
WFFC is set to pass them as well.They are taking a very similar vegas format and having it at a premier Vegas hotel (not some shed off the strip), with higher payouts, and using a reputable FF site to manage the leagues.I'll probably be switching over next year.

LOL, Joe T - the official WCOFF cheerleader.

LOL, Joe T - the official WCOFF cheerleader.
:confused:

Exactly what about anything I wrote do you construe as pissy? If you could or would bother to read you'd see I already wrote that if anything the faulty process helped me mainly because I acquired Owen Daniels for a pretty low price. This may be hard for you to understand, but not everything is always about you in this world and I'd prefer the people I compete against to have had an equal chance to pick players up.
Your responses, like this one. And this world isn't always about me? :eek: I guess I need to unleash a new plague or another flood.

It looks like they have changed their stance and are now going to reversed the bids and start over.
I think this is the right move. I don't think it's going to benefit me because I now expect to get outbid on one of the players I picked up but I think it's the right thing to do.

Joe T said:
bearsguy54 said:
I can't believe that the WCOFF hasn't made an official statement or decision yet. By my math, it's been six hours since the problem went down and there has yet to be any type of recognition that there is even a problem. I follow most of the high stakes leagues pretty close and from what I see, it's only a matter of time before the NFFC passes WCOFF as the number one event. WCOFF seems too comfortable at the top, to the point where it's going to start costing them customers.
WFFC is set to pass them as well.They are taking a very similar vegas format and having it at a premier Vegas hotel (not some shed off the strip), with higher payouts, and using a reputable FF site to manage the leagues.I'll probably be switching over next year.
Same here..... I actually just loved being in Vegas more than anything else.We should do our own league. FBG Should... Then they can stop poohing on these threads.

No there is probably not a solution that is fair to everyone but the solution they have taken so far is to allow the bidding to stand and re-run them later and that's not acceptable.
Don't know really but my personal opinion is people knowing what you did on a player versus not having the chance to bid on a player is the worse of the two evils so bids should be re-set. But I know that's not completely fair, just the one I feel would be fairest to all.For what it's worth I've been in WCOFF since the beginning and 7 various leagues total. I almost never make a bid before friday but yesterday I was placed on hold for about 30 minutes and decided to do it than so I'm not negatively affected by this. In face, in a sattellite league this may have helped my acquire Owen Daniels. Still, I'd rather my bids were deleted and started over. I play in high stakes leagues like WCOFF because I put I enjoy the competition and it's nice to shoot for a high financial reward when you put the work into fantasy football like me and many others do. Still, at the end of the day it's a game I'd rather see everyone be able to compete in fairly.
How would that make it more fair? If anything it opens it up to manipulation more than ever.
If the bids are re-set it gives everyone a chance to bid on all players. Having the chance to bid on a player when people already know what some are willing to pay is a lot better alternative that not having a chance to bid on a player at all.
You still have a chance to bid on players. Just not the ones that someone already bid on. Having that information is MORE unfair to people who put in blind bids than NOT being able to bid on that person, but still having the ability to bid on someone else.It Happened, Kev.
And exactly how many quality players do you think are left worth bidding on in a 12 team, 20 roster league were the available free agents have already been picked over and you can't bid on anyone who was just dropped?
Please explain. How is the fact that the bidding was allowed to be processed and all players picked up and released are no longer able to be picked up not the point.
You are saying there are no quality players left, and so on. We are still in bye weeks, and people are injured. Just b/c there aren't any pro bowlers left, doesn't mean there are no people valuable to roster spots.

Greg - I've officially changed my stance on this. I think resetting the bids is the proper move.

Don't know really but my personal opinion is people knowing what you did on a player versus not having the chance to bid on a player is the worse of the two evils so bids should be re-set. But I know that's not completely fair, just the one I feel would be fairest to all.

For what it's worth I've been in WCOFF since the beginning and 7 various leagues total. I almost never make a bid before friday but yesterday I was placed on hold for about 30 minutes and decided to do it than so I'm not negatively affected by this. In face, in a sattellite league this may have helped my acquire Owen Daniels. Still, I'd rather my bids were deleted and started over. I play in high stakes leagues like WCOFF because I put I enjoy the competition and it's nice to shoot for a high financial reward when you put the work into fantasy football like me and many others do. Still, at the end of the day it's a game I'd rather see everyone be able to compete in fairly.
You still have a chance to bid on players. Just not the ones that someone already bid on. Having that information is MORE unfair to people who put in blind bids than NOT being able to bid on that person, but still having the ability to bid on someone else.

It Happened, Kev.
You are saying there are no quality players left, and so on. We are still in bye weeks, and people are injured. Just b/c there aren't any pro bowlers left, doesn't mean there are no people valuable to roster spots.
NO, that's not what I'm saying at all. I've said the FA pickings are slim in these leagues and they are especially slim after the bids have been processeed. You can find quality but it's pretty hard to find when the bids have already been processed and you did not get a chance to make one.

NO, that's not what I'm saying at all. I've said the FA pickings are slim in these leagues and they are especially slim after the bids have been processeed. You can find quality but it's pretty hard to find when the bids have already been processed and you did not get a chance to make one.

I thought you were saying that there are only just scrubs left, so the glitch is not worth worrying about.

There is a decent chance someone goes off this week who was not on a roster who could have been picked up to fill in for a Reggie Brown bye. Someone doing their homework may have made that move before the original deadline.

fbg hates wcoff and sends all threads of it here to die.

nobody is asking for advice so i am not sure how this is not shark pool material...i could name 15 threads on page 1 that this is more pertinant than, but maybe we need room for all of the collusion threads.

Without a horse in this race, I definitely think they need to rerun them. For those that don't think this, what if they accidentally ran these on Thursday or Wednesday? Would that change your opinion? They ran these 12 hours early. That is substantial. Sure the goal is to protect the blind bidding, but the primary goal has to be to allow everyone to bid on all of the players. They have failed to do that by running the waivers 12 hours earlier than the rules allow.

From a legal standpoint, I am shocked they aren't going to rerun the waivers.

Here is what Emil wrote on the WCOFF message board.

There doesn't seem to be a consensus to roll back the bids and extendthe bidding until Saturday. What makes most sense at this point is toallow for 2 blind bids this week. One that happened already at 8 amET and the other that will end at 8 PM tonight. At least this way,anyone who needs a kicker or defense to cover a bye week player canhave a shot at picking one up.We apologize for the foul up, but we think the fairest way to dealwith it at this point is to leave it as is, and let teams who need topick up a player do so by blind bidding by 8 pm tonight. So far, there are 43teams who have bid on players since the 8 am bid was run, and it makesthe most sense to us to simply allow them the chance to bid in orderto fill roster voids. Again, sorry for the shortened bidding period.--------------------wcoff co-founder

Users who are viewing this thread