What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

1st Annual White Elephant Survivor - signup thread (1 Viewer)

Same rules as WSL except there are some options to steal picks.A contestant gets five steal attempts throughout the draft. No player maybe stolen back by the player who originaly picked the player. If your player is stolen by another team you can either re-select that pick form the player pool or you have the right to steal any player that was picked after the player that was stolen from you was selected. A steal attemp may never go past one previous round. You only get once chance to steal a guy. If have an opportunity to steal a guy and you pass you cannot go back and steal him with your next selection unless someone has stolen your player and you are making your makeup selection. You may never steal a pick from yourself. I'm still trying to conceptualize this whole thing, so any help to finalize details would be appreciated but I think these rules should cover it.1. Fro2. Tex3. renesauz4. Rudy5. rzrback6. Duckboy7. Blue-Kun8. radballs9. Fiddles10. Jeff Pasquino11. Reaper12. LHUCKS13. Aaron Rudnicki14. Ruffrodys0515. OldMilwaukee16. Pictus Cat
Roll ResultsYou requested that 8 rolls of 2 1000-sided dice be rolled. Roll them bones ... your dice are Roll 1: 160, 238 = 398.Roll 2: 766, 552 = 1318.Roll 3: 95, 46 = 141.Roll 4: 243, 576 = 819.Roll 5: 76, 161 = 237.Roll 6: 665, 686 = 1351.Roll 7: 958, 400 = 1358.Roll 8: 207, 231 = 438.

Last edited by a moderator:
Same rules as WSL except there are some options to steal picks.A contestant gets five steal attempts throughout the draft. No player maybe stolen back by the player who originaly picked the player. If your player is stolen by another team you can either re-select that pick form the player pool or you have the right to steal any player that was picked after the player that was stolen from you was selected. A steal attemp may never go past one previous round. You only get once chance to steal a guy. If have an opportunity to steal a guy and you pass you cannot go back and steal him with your next selection unless someone has stolen your player and you are making your makeup selection. You may never steal a pick from yourself. I'm still trying to conceptualize this whole thing, so any help to finalize details would be appreciated but I think these rules should cover it.1. Fro - 1602. Tex - 238 3. renesauz - 766 4. Rudy - 5525. rzrback - 946. Duckboy - 467. Blue-Kun - 24348. radballs - 5769. Fiddles - 7610. Jeff Pasquino - 16111. Reaper - 66512. LHUCKS - 68613. Aaron Rudnicki - 95814. Ruffrodys05 - 40015. OldMilwaukee - 20716. Pictus Cat - 231
Roll ResultsYou requested that 8 rolls of 2 1000-sided dice be rolled. Roll them bones ... your dice are Roll 1: 160, 238 = 398.Roll 2: 766, 552 = 1318.Roll 3: 95, 46 = 141.Roll 4: 243, 576 = 819.Roll 5: 76, 161 = 237.Roll 6: 665, 686 = 1351.Roll 7: 958, 400 = 1358.Roll 8: 207, 231 = 438.

Draft Order is set. Rude OTC

1. Aaron Rudnicki - 958

2. renesauz - 766

3. LHUCKS - 686

4. Reaper - 665

5. radballs - 576

6. Rudy - 552

7. Ruffrodys05 - 400

8. Blue-Kun - 243

9. Tex - 238

10. Pictus Cat - 231

11. OldMilwaukee - 207

12. Jeff Pasquino - 161

13. Fro - 160

14. rzrback - 94

15. Fiddles - 76

16. Duckboy - 46

We need a more concise listing of the rules, particularly as it pertains to stealing picks, and making up stolen picks

A contestant gets five steal attempts throughout the draft. No player maybe stolen back by the player who originaly picked the player. If your player is stolen by another team you can either re-select that pick form the player pool or you have the right to steal any player that was picked after the player that was stolen from you was selected. A steal attemp may never go past one previous round. You only get once chance to steal a guy. If have an opportunity to steal a guy and you pass you cannot go back and steal him with your next selection unless someone has stolen your player and you are making your makeup selection. You may never steal a pick from yourself.

OK...as I read this, this is what I gather.

1. You can only go back one round in a steal attempt. IE: If you're at 5.06, the earliest origanel pick you can steal would be the 4.06 pick.

2. The one round rule should apply/count from the origanel pick. IE: A player taken at 2.05 is stolen at 3.01. The latest that player can be re-stolen is at 3.05, NOT at 4.01.

(Otherwise, a handful of players (like LT) will be stolen 12 times)

3. When your pick is stolen, and you choose a replacement from the player pool, the replacement pick counts as the same pick as the owner currently on the clock. IE: Player A has his 3.05 pick stolen by player B at 3.09. Player A picks a replacement from the player pool while player C, with the 4.02 pick, is OTC. Player A's replacement pick has a round value of 4.02. NOTE: Player C's pick also has a value of 4.02.

SUGGEST: We may want to put a 2 round limit on value, meaning that player A's replacement (or second replacement) pick from example above can not be stolen by anybody after 5.05.

4. If your pick is stolen and you choose to steal a pick yourself, you can not steal a pick made BEFORE your origanel pick. IE: Your 4.05 pick is stolen at 4.10. The current owner OTC is at 5.02. You can only steal picks between 4.06 and 5.02, except for the pick stolen from you by owner 4.10.

I wasn't trying to take over Fro's contest here, but he said to post additional thoughts, and I thought it was important to get this stuff clarified before we get too far into the draft.

Fro is still the final authority. Hopefully he comes on soon and either clarifies his intentions, or ratifies what I posted above.

Can we add a line to the origanel draft poster...STEALS USED.

Not so important now, but will be later in the draft.

A contestant gets five steal attempts throughout the draft. No player maybe stolen back by the player who originaly picked the player. If your player is stolen by another team you can either re-select that pick form the player pool or you have the right to steal any player that was picked after the player that was stolen from you was selected. A steal attemp may never go past one previous round. You only get once chance to steal a guy. If have an opportunity to steal a guy and you pass you cannot go back and steal him with your next selection unless someone has stolen your player and you are making your makeup selection. You may never steal a pick from yourself.

OK...as I read this, this is what I gather.

1. You can only go back one round in a steal attempt. IE: If you're at 5.06, the earliest origanel pick you can steal would be the 4.06 pick. YOU CAN ONLY GO BACK AND STEAL AS FAR AS YOUR LAST PICK.

2. The one round rule should apply/count from the origanel pick. IE: A player taken at 2.05 is stolen at 3.01. The latest that player can be re-stolen is at 3.05, NOT at 4.01.

(Otherwise, a handful of players (like LT) will be stolen 12 times)

3. When your pick is stolen, and you choose a replacement from the player pool, the replacement pick counts as the same pick as the owner currently on the clock. IE: Player A has his 3.05 pick stolen by player B at 3.09. Player A picks a replacement from the player pool while player C, with the 4.02 pick, is OTC. Player A's replacement pick has a round value of 4.02. NOTE: Player C's pick also has a value of 4.02.

SUGGEST: We may want to put a 2 round limit on value, meaning that player A's replacement (or second replacement) pick from example above can not be stolen by anybody after 5.05.

4. If your pick is stolen and you choose to steal a pick yourself, you can not steal a pick made BEFORE your origanel pick. IE: Your 4.05 pick is stolen at 4.10. The current owner OTC is at 5.02. You can only steal picks between 4.06 and 5.02, except for the pick stolen from you by owner 4.10.

I wasn't trying to take over Fro's contest here, but he said to post additional thoughts, and I thought it was important to get this stuff clarified before we get too far into the draft.

Fro is still the final authority. Hopefully he comes on soon and either clarifies his intentions, or ratifies what I posted above.

Could we get a posting on the roster limits and scoring? I know they are the same as WSL but I can't find that. Thanks. :rolleyes:

'splain this to me like I'm Matt Millen.

What happens if I steal someone's pick? They get to take another player, or steal another one (but not the one I stole?)

'splain this to me like I'm Matt Millen.What happens if I steal someone's pick? They get to take another player, or steal another one (but not the one I stole?)
they get to pick another player and they can use a steal if the choose to do so...I believe.

'splain this to me like I'm Matt Millen.What happens if I steal someone's pick? They get to take another player, or steal another one (but not the one I stole?)
they get to pick another player and they can use a steal if the choose to do so...I believe.
Correct...you can never own the same player more then once. Also, their replacement pick has to be either a fresh player from the pool, OR someone chosen AFTER their initial pick. IE: You only have one opportunity to steal any individual player (on your initial pick) except this limited scenario:Your 4.07 pick is stolen at 4.10. You choose to steal the pick taken at 4.11 while pick 5.01 is OTC. With your 5.06 selectiuon, you can still attempt to steal players taken between 4.08 and 5.05 (except for your origanel pick you took at 4.07, which is now in drafter 4.11's roster, unless someone else stole him again)Sounds complicated, but should be simpler in practice. 1. You can never own the same player twice2. You can never return to a player you've already neglected to steal, (except in the very limited scenario above)3. Watch out for your replacement picks. the one round clock starts from the time they are first chosen, judged by the current owner OTC, not your origanel pick value. But with a 2 round limitation. If it's two rounds past your origanel choice, the pick can not be stolen, regardless of when the replacement pick was actually made.

We may need a seperate thread to keep track of stolen picks, and their draft vlues (when taken), as well as the replacement picks and their values so that guys can more clearly see who can (and can't) be stolen.

Could be interesting. Being at the end position, I can go back and steal anyone in the first that I want, but my 2.01 must be an original pick. With my 3.16 however, I can go back and steal anyone from rounds 2 or 3 (since my last pick). My question would be, can I steal a player who was stolen in the 2nd from the 1st round? It would be someone whom I passed by before, so I would assume not.

Could be interesting. Being at the end position, I can go back and steal anyone in the first that I want, but my 2.01 must be an original pick. With my 3.16 however, I can go back and steal anyone from rounds 2 or 3 (since my last pick). My question would be, can I steal a player who was stolen in the 2nd from the 1st round? It would be someone whom I passed by before, so I would assume not.
No, since you've already passed them by once. More though...you can only go back ONE ROUND (12 picks) to steal an origanel pick. If you could steal pick 2.02 at your 3.12 spot, that would be a HUGE unfair advantage.

No, since you've already passed them by once. More though...you can only go back ONE ROUND (1216 picks) to steal an origanel pick. If you could steal pick 2.02 at your 3.12 spot, that would be a HUGE unfair advantage.
FIXED.

No, since you've already passed them by once. More though...you can only go back ONE ROUND (12 picks) to steal an origanel pick. If you could steal pick 2.02 at your 3.12 spot, that would be a HUGE unfair advantage.
Yep, misread that. Plenty of fun about to start though. Watch what will likely happen in the next few picks...

Yep, misread that. Plenty of fun about to start though. Watch what will likely happen in the next few picks...
Disagree with that... at my 3rd round, I think that I can go back to everything that was taken after my 2nd pick, not just 16 picks back. Need an interpretation here.

Yep, but watch what happens with your second pick :thumbdown: This draft takes far more thought then our normal survivers!On another note...I had mentioned that I'll be out of town Friday evening to Sunday evening with no computer access. I had understood that we'd have a suspended clock during that time. I'll have my cell with me, but I doubt I'll have service where I'll be going :thumbup:

Disagree with that... at my 3rd round, I think that I can go back to everything that was taken after my 2nd pick, not just 16 picks back. Need an interpretation here.
But then the guys in the middle get an unfair shake as they'll never be able to go back more then 16 or so picks, while you can go back 31?????!!!! (I'm near an end, so your interpretation would benefit me more) By that interpretation, the end spots will crush the center spots because of the value of their steals.

Still a little cloudy on the stealing. Say I get draft position #3, with my first pick, I could "steal" whoever was selected at 1.1 or 1.2. If I select a new guy at 1.3, those two are gone for me. But, when I select at 2.14, I can steal anybody taken after my pick at 1.3 up to and including 2.13. I am pretty sure that is right. But, my next pick at 3.3, only the ones chosen 2.15, 2.16, 3.1, and 3. are eligible?

YES - All these assumptions are correct.

I think that this one possibly may set the time record for draft length. :yes:

But the purpose of this is to give everyone a chance at all players w/o it being an auction. That is what I'm going for.
Quoted from post 49. Only way everyone gets a shot at everyone else is if the steal can go back all the way to the previous pick.

If I'm looking at this correctly, if Duckboy and Arod use their steals immediately, they'll end up with the top one and two drafted in each of the first five rounds.

Did I make the right play? If I had taken LT2 at 15 and ducky stole him the only plauer I can pick for my makeup pick is ducky's 2nd pick.

If I'm looking at this correctly, if Duckboy use his steals in rounds 1, 3, 5, 7, and 9, he ends up with the best player drafted in rounds 1, 2, 4, 6, and 8.

You only get once chance to steal a guy. If have an opportunity to steal a guy and you pass you cannot go back and steal him with your next selection unless someone has stolen your player and you are making your makeup selection.
I'm thinking this needs to be modified otherwise Duckboy romps.

You only get once chance to steal a guy. If have an opportunity to steal a guy and you pass you cannot go back and steal him with your next selection unless someone has stolen your player and you are making your makeup selection.
ya duckboy will own this draft as its currently setupim in an ok slot i just have to take the 2nd or 3rd best player taken of the previous 30

ya duckboy will own this draft as its currently setupim in an ok slot i just have to take the 2nd or 3rd best player taken of the previous 30
Arod will make out well too

what were you thinking for the rules for timeouts and when does the clock turn off for weekdays and weekends?
Same rules as WSL - may have to add a stipulation about when your up unexpectedly due to a steal. Any ideas? Maybe twice your alooted time after the your a steal victim.
No way! Eight hours is enough, draft will drag foreveer and overlap into the PDSLs.
okay -same rules
bump

that's kind of why I was thinking the TRUE one round limit (16 picks back), with the limit of not going past your last pick. That greatly evens things out.

a few questions:

a) where are we tracking the amount of steals that have been used on each player?

b) a player must have been selected in the prior 16 picks in order for him to be steal eligible?

TIA

a few questions:a) where are we tracking the amount of steals that have been used on each player?b) a player must have been selected in the prior 16 picks in order for him to be steal eligible?TIA
Regarding b) ... any played drafted since your last pick regardless of the number of picks made since then.

This can't be said enough.... :( :( :tfp: :tfp: :tfp: :tfp: :tfp:
Just trying to help out a little Jeff. I can surely back off if someone else would like track things for now. I really just had a day off and was looking to stay current with picks and steals. Seeing that Fro has not been here yet today, it seemed appropriate to try to keep track of things so we don't get really effed up.

This can't be said enough.... :porked: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :bs: :tfp: :tfp:
Just trying to help out a little Jeff. I can surely back off if someone else would like track things for now. I really just had a day off and was looking to stay current with picks and steals. Seeing that Fro has not been here yet today, it seemed appropriate to try to keep track of things so we don't get really effed up.
:sadbanana: :wub: Nice try, but way too late.I'm LMFAO over here.4 people on the clock and I have no idea what's going on.I might just take a kicker and go home.

Users who are viewing this thread