What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

☞ Official SOPRANOS Thread (4 Viewers)

I watched Season 6 again recently for just the second time. FBI took him down IMO, press was outside waiting.

One of my favorite quotes is from series six, "Life is too short to live it like a lacky." -Tony Soprano

'Raider Nation said:
I still use Ralphie's pasta method twice a week or so. Just did it now. :thumbup:
Don't forget the main ingredient: a sucker punch to your significant other to really add some spice to the dish.

'Raider Nation said:
I still use Ralphie's pasta method twice a week or so. Just did it now. :thumbup:
Yeah, the other night I made a huge bowl myself. Big as an Irish broad's ###.
My favorite cheap, easy pasta:Cook vermicelli, drain. In the pan add olive oil, garlic and finely grated romano cheese. Mix. Drink with red wine.
Very nice. I'm usually more of a simple ziti guy myself, but I'll give that a shot.

'Raider Nation said:
Yeah, the other night I made a huge bowl myself. Big as an Irish broad's ###.
My favorite cheap, easy pasta:Cook vermicelli, drain. In the pan add olive oil, garlic and finely grated romano cheese. Mix. Drink with red wine.
Very nice. I'm usually more of a simple ziti guy myself, but I'll give that a shot.
I don't know if this is common knowledge amongst pastafarians, but if you like to cut fresh garlic, throw the chopped bits into hot olive oil for just a few seconds to decrease the acidity.

On a sidenote, who emphasizes the word whore better?

Lorraine Bracco in "Goodfellas. I'm going to tell everybody that walks in this building that in 2R, Rossi, that you are nothing but a whore.

Edie Falco in "Whitecaps". You've made a fool of me all these years with these whores.

Both are really, really angry when they say it, but I would go with Falco. She extends a one syllable word into about five seconds.

Last edited by a moderator:

Lorraine Bracco in "Goodfellas. I'm going to tell everybody that walks in this building that in 2R, Rossi, that you are nothing but a whore.

Edie Falco in "Whitecaps". You've made a fool of me all these years with these whores.

Both are really, really angry when they say it, but I would go with Falco. She extends a one syllable word into about five seconds.
Excellent question. They way they both say it is very, very similar.

The answer is Ralphie.

The answer is Ralphie.
:lmao: So true.

"She was a HOOOOOOOOO-AHHHHHHHHH"

Just saw the episode after the Bevilaqua murder again.

That scene where the couple discovers who the suspect is is brilliant. That piano music? Pointillist avante garde weirdness perfectly appropriate for an overly educated upper class couple.

Just re-watching in on HBO at nights....ending the second season soon. I wasn't a big fan of Seasons 5 and 6.....but damn those first two seasons are better (particularly after 5 and 6 being so fresh in my head) than I remembered. Love the meow song that Ade was trying to pimp to the rapper.

Just re-watching in on HBO at nights....ending the second season soon. I wasn't a big fan of Seasons 5 and 6.....but damn those first two seasons are better (particularly after 5 and 6 being so fresh in my head) than I remembered. Love the meow song that Ade was trying to pimp to the rapper.
Season one and two were by far the best. Janice was such a great character. My only qualm is that they didn't keep Richie Aprile around. Great, great character. I really liked season 5. 4 and 6 were the worst, nothing really happened in 4 (how did Furio go from tough guy to Mr. sensitive). And Frank Vincent was a horrible choice to play Phil Leotardo. Just a horrible acting job.I think this is the one show that I never get sick of the re-runs.

My only qualm is that they didn't keep Richie Aprile around. Great, great character.
That was my biggest beef forever, but I'm over it. Tony needed antagonists every season.Junior, early on.Richie in season 2. Ralphie in seasons 3 and 4. Feech La Manna in season 5. Himself in season 6. :)

Season one and two were by far the best. Janice was such a great character. My only qualm is that they didn't keep Richie Aprile around. Great, great character. I really liked season 5. 4 and 6 were the worst, nothing really happened in 4 (how did Furio go from tough guy to Mr. sensitive). And Frank Vincent was a horrible choice to play Phil Leotardo. Just a horrible acting job.I think this is the one show that I never get sick of the re-runs.
Agreed. Richie was great....the best of any of Tony's seasonal adversaries. Watching 2 and the greatness of that character really reinforces how mediocre Steve Buscemi and Frank Vincent were. Ralphie was great in 3 and 4 though.

My only qualm is that they didn't keep Richie Aprile around. Great, great character.
That was my biggest beef forever, but I'm over it. Tony needed antagonists every season.Junior, early on.Richie in season 2. Ralphie in seasons 3 and 4. Feech La Manna in season 5. Himself in season 6. :)
It should have been Richie two season, Ralphie two (with the Feech storyine) and then the last season should have been his confrontations with New York. No need to run the Buscemi character out there in the manner that they did. In fact, I'd have much rather have Buscemi come out of prison in the 4th season and then run that character in an amalgam of his own story (struggling to adapt and come back)and the Bobby Bacala storyline slot.... or have Buscemi's loyalties tied more to New York and have him as a potential betrayer in Season Six. The show (much like most HBO shows) got too formulatic in the idea that they had to tie up every season with a neat bow.

Last edited by a moderator:
Phil Leotardo down?
That wasn't as clever.
:thumbup: ... and let's not forget the existential angst towards the "happy wanderes" (or Douchebags), so eloquently fleshed out by Melfi in the midst of the Scatino bustout ... season two.

Phil Leotardo down?
That wasn't as clever.
:thumbup: ... and let's not forget the existential angst towards the "happy wanderes" (or Douchebags), so eloquently fleshed out by Melfi in the midst of the Scatino bustout ... season two.
What do I care if the guy's got a clear head??? But I just want to go over and rip his throat out! :lol:

Phil Leotardo down?
That wasn't as clever.
What do I care if the guy's got a clear head??? But I just want to go over and rip his throat out! :lol:
:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

They would have been better off casting Robert Loggia as Phil Leotardo instead of Feech.
As was mentioned upthread, it was reported that Loggia was a PIA on the set. Complained, never prepared, forgot his lines... etc. That's why Chase wrote him off to prison. His character was supposed to have a longer arc.

They would have been better off casting Robert Loggia as Phil Leotardo instead of Feech.
As was mentioned upthread, it was reported that Loggia was a PIA on the set. Complained, never prepared, forgot his lines... etc. That's why Chase wrote him off to prison. His character was supposed to have a longer arc.
Explains alot. Always felt that his character seemed rushed.I though Greg Antonocci was a better actor than Frank Vincent when they shared the screen in Sopranos. He would be a better Phil Leotardo. While we are at it, the guy who got his face stepped on by Tony would have been better too.

IMDB page

Explains alot. Always felt that his character seemed rushed.I though Greg Antonocci was a better actor than Frank Vincent when they shared the screen in Sopranos. He would be a better Phil Leotardo. While we are at it, the guy who got his face stepped on by Tony would have been better too.

IMDB page
Fun fact: That guy is barely an actor. He's a police Lieutenant one town over from me. He did a great job though.

And Frank Vincent was a horrible choice to play Phil Leotardo. Just a horrible acting job.
I can't agree with this. His acting was fine in this role.
You don't think his acting was extremely inconsistent? I guess it could be the writing, but he was pretty horrible.
Vincent is a guy I lump in with John Fiore, Vinny Pastore, etc.Marginal actors you keep in the Rolodex because they have a "mobster face"...

And Frank Vincent was a horrible choice to play Phil Leotardo. Just a horrible acting job.
You don't think his acting was extremely inconsistent? I guess it could be the writing, but he was pretty horrible.
Interesting. Can you point to a scene that didn't work?
"GET OFF MY STOOP, YOU C--KSUCKER" ... :mellow: And his story to the kids about how the Leotardo name came about.

"GET OFF MY STOOP, YOU C--KSUCKER" ... :mellow: And his story to the kids about how the Leotardo name came about.
It's not that I think there's good acting in those scenes, it's that I don't think Vincent needs any more than what's there. The character doesn't seem all that bright or talented.

It's not that I think there's good acting in those scenes, it's that I don't think Vincent needs any more than what's there. The character doesn't seem all that bright or talented.
It's hard to explain. Most of his dialogue doesn't flow naturally.It's almost like he's at the table-read seeing the script for the first time.

'Balco said:
Season one and two were by far the best.

Janice was such a great character. My only qualm is that they didn't keep Richie Aprile around. Great, great character. I really liked season 5. 4 and 6 were the worst, nothing really happened in 4 (how did Furio go from tough guy to Mr. sensitive). And Frank Vincent was a horrible choice to play Phil Leotardo. Just a horrible acting job.

I think this is the one show that I never get sick of the re-runs.
Agreed, but Season 5 was almost as good. Okay, the middle episodes weren't great (Sentimental Education and the dreadful In Camelot), but the first five episodes were really good, and Marco Polo through All Due Respect was an incredible run of episodes.

'jdoggydogg said:
'Balco said:
on board with Jdogg here ... thought Vincent was very, very good as Phil :thumbup: with Vito's son

sure, he's not Olivier ... or even Gandolfini ... but he works that Brooklyn mafioso shtick to the nth.

I was on a cruise ship two months ago lying in bed flipping through the channels and put on the "Celebrity Entertainment Channel" or whatever the hell their proprietary CC channel was, and this episode was on, unedited. It was one of the happiest moments of 2012 for me.Adriana, you may need to prepare for the fact that 'No Vacancy" sucks.

'jdoggydogg said:
'Balco said:
I just don't think they gave him anything. The whole Vito thing, the mini religious thing.....it wasn't good material. I think they went to the well on New York a little too much in the last couple of seasons.

Users who are viewing this thread