What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

PDSL 3 Teams (1 Viewer)

Are you really going to tell me you still think thats a top 3/4 team? :)
Norris.....if you read my rankings after 10 rounds you know I ranked myself in the bottom 4 of the top 8 teams, and said it could go either way with those teams from 5-8. An honest ranking in my eyes. You conveniently did not list those rankings in your smack and instead chose to focus on my round 3 rankings, which, you should certainly have been able to clearly see, were in jest. Especially after only three rounds.Top 8, yes, I will tell you that. Top 3-4, maybe, but I doubt it. I'll take a real good honest look at all the teams when we are done and see where things fall.

You certainly don't have to agree with me. You should try to quantify your statements if you don't.

You still haven't said a word about why Russell is a bad QB. Until otherwise, you are just blowing smoke out your ears.

JaMarcus Russell, might not be a bad QB, but chances are as a rookie he's going to struggle quite a bit. Thats probably what Norris was trying to get at. A very low percentage of rookie QBs come in and make an impact right away, and then to play well enough to rely on him for fantasy football purposes, chances are very slim. I'd say its 50-50 right now that Russell will even see the field, outside of preseason and mop-up duty, as opposed to being the starter from day one or by mid-season. Depends who drafts him.

Aw Bruno, you're no fun........I was trying to get NorBee to state something intelligent like that. He keeps sidestepping.

I agree with you though, but no worries here. By week 8 (or sooner) Russell will be starting for Oakland and doing a decent enough job that he'll cover Leinarts bye.

JaMarcus Russell, might not be a bad QB, but chances are as a rookie he's going to struggle quite a bit. Thats probably what Norris was trying to get at. A very low percentage of rookie QBs come in and make an impact right away, and then to play well enough to rely on him for fantasy football purposes, chances are very slim. I'd say its 50-50 right now that Russell will even see the field, outside of preseason and mop-up duty, as opposed to being the starter from day one or by mid-season. Depends who drafts him.
:confused:From 1993 to 2003, first round QBsGood Qbs: Drew Bledsoe, K. Collins, S. McNair, P. Manning, Culpepper, Pennington, M. Vick, C. Palmer, B. Leftwich, R. GrossmanBusts: Rick Mirer, Heath Shuler, Trent Dilfer, J. Druckenmiller, R. Leaf, Tim Couch, Akili Smith, D. Carr, C. McNown, J. Harrington, P. Ramsey, K. Boller10 Good QBs, and 12 bad ones. So there's probably about a 50% chance Russell is a bust and never develops into a decent QB and Im being generous as Collins, Leftwich, and, Grossman arent the greatest QBs in the world. Then you have to figure if he will be a good QB, what are the odds of him having a good year as a rookie? I would say somewhere between slim and none.Busting on your backup QB in this format will really cost you, should have taken a better QB2, or atleast a safer one.

Last edited by a moderator:
From 1993 to 2003, first round QBs

Good Qbs: Drew Bledsoe, K. Collins, S. McNair, P. Manning, Culpepper, Pennington, M. Vick, C. Palmer, B. Leftwich, R. Grossman

Busts: Rick Mirer, Heath Shuler, Trent Dilfer, J. Druckenmiller, R. Leaf, Tim Couch, Akili Smith, D. Carr, C. McNown, J. Harrington, P. Ramsey, K. Boller

10 Good QBs, and 12 bad ones. So there's probably about a 50% chance Russell is a bust and never develops into a decent QB and Im being generous as Collins, Leftwich, and, Grossman arent the greatest QBs in the world. Then you have to figure if he will be a good QB, what are the odds of him having a good year as a rookie? I would say somewhere between slim and none.

Busting on your backup QB in this format will really cost you, should have taken a better QB2, or atleast a safer one.
I don't see McNabb on that list. Add him to the upside.If I was worried about Russell "busting" I would not have selected him. His upside is huge, as far as I'm concerned, but yes there is a slim chance he busts.

Quinn, IMO, has a much greater chance to "bust" at the next level, no matter who picks him a couple weeks from now, which is why I did not draft him.

NorrisB said:
Well lets have it, :thumbup:
Still haven't learned at least a little patience yet, huh? I stated I'd do it when the draft is over. Besides, when I do post an analysis, I'll be doing one for each team all at once. I'm sure it won't kill you to wait a little longer.

Domination

4.08 Donovan McNabb, PHI, QB4, Bye-5

8.07 Brett Favre, GB, QB17, Bye-7

I couldn't be happier with my QBs, as I think both are #1 FF QBs in this format.

Grade: A+

1.09 Willie Parker, PIT, RB8, Bye-6

5.09 Lamont Jordan, OAK, RB32, Bye-5

7.09 Ladell Betts, WAS, RB39, Bye-4

13.09 Michael Bush, ®, RB61

20.08 Musa Smith, BAL, RB76, Bye-8

I like the overall makeup of my RBs, but not the strength of my team. FWP and LamJ should be a good 1 and 2, and I like Betts and Musa to see decent playing time. I don't McGahee can stay healthy for an entire year. Bush is the wildcard, with good ptoential.

Grade: B

2.08 Marvin Harrison, IND, WR4, Bye-6

3.09 T. J. Houshmandzadeh, CIN, WR13, Bye-5

6.08 Jerricho Cotchery, NYJ, WR32, Bye-10

10.08 Keyshawn Johnson, CAR, WR55, Bye-7

11.09 Dwayne Bowe,®, WR65 ,

14.08 Bobby Wade, MIN, WR78, Bye-5

19.09 Sammie Parker, KC, WR96, Bye-8

I think that this is probably the strength of my team. A top 3 of Harrison, Housh, and Cotcherym, all of whom finished in the Top 25 last year. The rest is solid depth with all starters in Keyshawn, Wade, and Parker. Bowe gives me my rookie flyer pick with big upside.

9.09 Daniel Graham, DEN, TE16, Bye-6

12.08 Greg Olsen, ®, TE20

I am satisfied with my TEs, but just missed out on a couple that I had rated higher. I think Graham will excel in Denver, and have high expectations of Olsen.

Grade: B-

15.09 Matt Stover, BAL, K9, Bye-8

18.08 David Rayner, GB, K17, Bye-7

16.08 New Orleans Saints, DST16, Bye-4

17.09 San Francisco 49ers, DST26, Bye-6

Solid kickers and both defenses have alot of upside. I could see one of the Ds finishing in the Top10.

Grade: B+

Overall I think that I have a solid team with alot of depth. I believe that this team on a weekly basis and has the potential to to stick around for a while. I am happy with this team and think it has alot of potential.

Grade: B+ :lmao: :own3d:

Feel free to rip away, as I will try to repond to all of your teams.

Domination

4.08 Donovan McNabb, PHI, QB4, Bye-5

8.07 Brett Favre, GB, QB17, Bye-7

I couldn't be happier with my QBs, as I think both are #1 FF QBs in this format.

1.09 Willie Parker, PIT, RB8, Bye-6

5.09 Lamont Jordan, OAK, RB32, Bye-5

7.09 Ladell Betts, WAS, RB39, Bye-4

13.09 Michael Bush, ®, RB61

20.08 Musa Smith, BAL, RB76, Bye-8

I like the overall makeup of my RBs, but not the strength of my team. FWP and LamJ should be a good 1 and 2, and I like Betts and Musa to see decent playing time. I don't McGahee can stay healthy for an entire year. Bush is the wildcard, with good ptoential.

2.08 Marvin Harrison, IND, WR4, Bye-6

3.09 T. J. Houshmandzadeh, CIN, WR13, Bye-5

6.08 Jerricho Cotchery, NYJ, WR32, Bye-10

10.08 Keyshawn Johnson, CAR, WR55, Bye-7

11.09 Dwayne Bowe,®, WR65 ,

14.08 Bobby Wade, MIN, WR78, Bye-5

19.09 Sammie Parker, KC, WR96, Bye-8

I think that this is probably the strength of my team. A top 3 of Harrison, Housh, and Cotcherym, all of whom finished in the Top 25 last year. The rest is solid depth with all starters in Keyshawn, Wade, and Parker. Bowe gives me my rookie flyer pick with big upside.

9.09 Daniel Graham, DEN, TE16, Bye-6

12.08 Greg Olsen, ®, TE20

I am satisfied with my TEs, but just missed out on a couple that I had rated higher. I think Graham will excel in Denver, and have high expectations of Olsen.

Grade: B-

15.09 Matt Stover, BAL, K9, Bye-8

18.08 David Rayner, GB, K17, Bye-7

16.08 New Orleans Saints, DST16, Bye-4

17.09 San Francisco 49ers, DST26, Bye-6

Solid kickers and both defenses have alot of upside. I could see one of the Ds finishing in the Top10.

Grade: B+

Overall I think that I have a solid team with alot of depth. I believe that this team on a weekly basis and has the potential to to stick around for a while. I am happy with this team and think it has alot of potential.

Grade: B+ :bow: :bowtie:

Feel free to rip away, as I will try to repond to all of your teams.
I think you were pretty generous with your grades. I'll take a shot and give my grades. I like your QB's, but A+ is reserved for Manning. B+ is more like it, because you have to factor in McNabb's injury history and Favres age. Still solid, but A+ is a big stretch. B+

Your RB's behind Parker have a lot of question marks, foremost is if Jordan returns to form, and how many carries Rhodes takes from him. If he does, your grade is pretty close, if not, you are in trouble there. B-

Your WR's are good at the top, but beyond the top 4, the depth is lacking. A+ is pretty optimistic, I like them, but not that much. A-

TE is the position where you overvalued the players you drafted. Graham will not get the majority of catches with Scheffler around, and as much as I like Olsen, rookie TE's just don't do much. D

DST and K are a little above average in my opinion, C+

Overall, you have solid starters, and depth is fair at best. Jordan is the key for you to have success. However, your bye weeks look to be rough, especially week 5 (McNabb, Jordan, TJ Housh), and week 6 (Parker, Harrison, Graham). I think these weeks will tell your story, and it will not be easy getting by these 2 weeks. If you do and your starters stay healthy and Jordan returns to form, you have a chance to last. I think it will be tough based on the bye weeks, especially week 6.

GRADE: B- (if Jordan returns to form), C- if he doesnt.

Domination4.08 Donovan McNabb, PHI, QB4, Bye-58.07 Brett Favre, GB, QB17, Bye-7I couldn't be happier with my QBs, as I think both are #1 FF QBs in this format. Grade: A+
A very pair of QBs if McNabb can stay healthy til week 8Grade A
1.09 Willie Parker, PIT, RB8, Bye-65.09 Lamont Jordan, OAK, RB32, Bye-57.09 Ladell Betts, WAS, RB39, Bye-413.09 Michael Bush, ®, RB6120.08 Musa Smith, BAL, RB76, Bye-8I like the overall makeup of my RBs, but not the strength of my team. FWP and LamJ should be a good 1 and 2, and I like Betts and Musa to see decent playing time. I don't McGahee can stay healthy for an entire year. Bush is the wildcard, with good ptoential.Grade: B
U have a good #1 but ur #2 is dependant on Jordan's ability to prove himself again. The wildcard here is Bush and that is a nice wildcard to have considering the reports he is getting on his recovery.Grade B-
2.08 Marvin Harrison, IND, WR4, Bye-63.09 T. J. Houshmandzadeh, CIN, WR13, Bye-56.08 Jerricho Cotchery, NYJ, WR32, Bye-1010.08 Keyshawn Johnson, CAR, WR55, Bye-711.09 Dwayne Bowe,®, WR65 , 14.08 Bobby Wade, MIN, WR78, Bye-519.09 Sammie Parker, KC, WR96, Bye-8I think that this is probably the strength of my team. A top 3 of Harrison, Housh, and Cotcherym, all of whom finished in the Top 25 last year. The rest is solid depth with all starters in Keyshawn, Wade, and Parker. Bowe gives me my rookie flyer pick with big upside.Grade: A+
Very good recieving core without any bye week issues. They should put up very good numbers for u all year, plus u have the depth to sustain an injury.Grade A
9.09 Daniel Graham, DEN, TE16, Bye-612.08 Greg Olsen, ®, TE20I am satisfied with my TEs, but just missed out on a couple that I had rated higher. I think Graham will excel in Denver, and have high expectations of Olsen.Grade: B-
Your TE would have to be your weakest position having a rookie as ur number 2. They should be servicable.Grade C
15.09 Matt Stover, BAL, K9, Bye-818.08 David Rayner, GB, K17, Bye-716.08 New Orleans Saints, DST16, Bye-417.09 San Francisco 49ers, DST26, Bye-6Solid kickers and both defenses have alot of upside. I could see one of the Ds finishing in the Top10.Grade: B+
Very servicable kickers, but your defenses have big upside but I dont know how consistant they are going to be. I do like both of their special teams though.Grade B-
Overall I think that I have a solid team with alot of depth. I believe that this team on a weekly basis and has the potential to to stick around for a while. I am happy with this team and think it has alot of potential.Grade: B+
Overall this team has the ability to win it all, or at least be one the final 2.Grade B

QB

Eli Manning

Jay Cutler

Both are still young and learning the game. They will give me some good games and some bad games from week to week. Hopefuly when one has a bad game the other will have a good game. Grade B +

RB

Brian Westbrook

Cedric Benson

Reuben Droughns

Brian Leonard

Chris Perry

This group has lots of potential but also a lot of downside. Most of my RB's have had injuries in the past. If they can stay healthy than I do feel this can be a solid group. Brian Leonard in the right situation could make this group strong and if Chris Perry returns to the Chris Perry of a couple of years ago that got 51 receptions that will make this group stronger. Grade B

WR

Marques Colston

Reggie Brown

Eddie Kennison

Michael Jenkins

Antwon Randle El

Johnnie Lee Higgins

This group will depend alot on Marques Colston and Reggie Brown and if they keep on developing. If not than I am in trouble. An ok receiving core but not great. Grade C+

TE

Alge Crumpler

Heath Miller

Zack Miller

I like my tight ends. Maybe not the top tier guys like a Gates or Gonzalez but not bad. Between the three I should be able to put up solid numbers most weeks. Grade B+

PK

Joe Nedney

Jeff Reed

Nothing spectacular here, mostly average place kickers. Grade C+

D/ST

Jacksonvill Jaguars

New York Jets

These defenses like my kickers are ok. Maybe not the best but I do feel most weeks I can get a good game out of one of my defenses. Grade B-

Overall Grade B

5.15 Vince Young, TEN, QB9, Bye-4

10.02 Tarvaris Jackson, MIN, QB30, Bye-5

12.02 Charlie Frye, CLE, QB33, Bye-7

20.02 Derek Anderson, CLE, QB38, Bye-7

Quarterbacks that contribute with their feet are great in this format. I would have prefered Vick, but settled on the up-and-coming VY. If the Madden curse is in full effect I might be in some trouble because a brutal QB2 run left me with a raw Jackson and mistake-prone Frye. Anderson was simply Frye insurance, and I am hoping Cleveland takes Peterson in the draft. All but Anderson can score with their feet, which, like I said, is beddy beddy nice with this scoring.

1.15 Travis Henry, DEN, RB14, Bye-6

2.02 Willis McGahee, BAL, RB16, Bye-8

6.02 Lendale White, TEN, RB34, Bye-4

8.02 Vernand Morency, GB, RB41, Bye-7

Henry, barring a toke, is in a situation to produce top 10 numbers. The kid plays hurt which is a bonus. McGahee doesn't thrill me, but after what Baltimore paid I have little fear of a rookie cutting in to his time. Billick also promised to get him more involved in the passing game.

It seems I took a separate path from just about everyone else by investing a little more into my running back depth. It will be interesting to see if it pays off.

3.15 Plaxico Burress, NYG, WR16, Bye-9

7.15 Matt Jones, JAX, WR43, Bye-4

9.15 Troy Williamson, MIN, WR50, Bye-5

11.15 Demetrius Williams, BAL, WR68, Bye-8

16.02 Shaun McDonald, DET, WR85, Bye-6

I'm not deep here but I expect steady production from Plax. For the longest time it seemed like the kid would fade down the schedule stretch but last year his production seemed to pick up in the second half of the year. Speaking of which, Matt Jones produced nice numbers the last few games last year. I really hope that means he's "getting it". Some speed added to the team should help his cause.

Williamson. eh... :confused:

Williams is a player I like and would try to acquire in dynasty leagues. He's going to produce some big games for me, and if Mason "olds" his way into the slot all the better. McDonald has the potential to be a big steal based on Curtis's numbers as the WR3 in Martz's last year at St Louis. Fingers crossed.

4.02 Tony Gonzalez, KC, TE3, Bye-8

15.15 David Martin, MIA, TE29, Bye-9

19.15 Kris Wilson, KC, TE36, Bye-8

L33T. I'm very happy to secure a stud TE at the price I paid. David Martin, according to RTSports, has been named Miami's starter and it ain't because of his blocking. A legit concern is appearances on the injury report and my need for him not to be on it when Tony goes on bye. Wilson is just Tony insurance, though Tony has been a tank over the years.

14.02 Robbie Gould, CHI, K3, Bye-9

18.02 Jason Hanson, DET, K15, Bye-6

Decent guys. Who knows, maybe 2 or 3 extra points from a good kicker will save my bacon a few times.

13.15 Indianapolis Colts, DST9, Bye-6

17.15 St. Louis Rams, DST30, Bye-9

I sure hope the Colts what they started in the playoffs, while St Louis produced a couple turnover-heavy games last year. They're sort of the Demetrius Williams of defenses.

Tex

4.16 Michael Vick, ATL, QB6, Bye-8

9.01 Byron Leftwich, JAX, QB20, Bye-4

Not a huge Vick fan, but he is money in these leagues. Lefty is a solid backup and the two are a good tandem, only question is that both have injury issues. Grade-B

1.01 LaDainian Tomlinson, SD, RB1, Bye-7

3.01 Thomas Jones, NYJ, RB20, Bye-10

8.16 Mike Bell, DEN, RB47, Bye-6

17.01 Najeh Davenport, PIT, RB67, Bye-6

19.01 Sammy Morris, NE, RB70, Bye-10

LT, not much else needs to be said. TJ is a solid #2, and Bell should still have value because of Shanny's musical RBs. Grade-A

2.16 Donald Driver, GB, WR10, Bye-7

6.16 Deion Branch, SEA, WR34, Bye-8

7.01 Santonio Holmes, PIT, WR35, Bye-6

11.01 Wes Welker, NE, WR61, Bye-10

15.01 Sidney Rice, ®, WR83

18.16 Peerless Price, BUF, WR94, Bye-6

Driver is solid, and the rest will be hit or miss for value on given weeks. Not a top heavy group, but pretty solid value throughout. Grade-B

5.01 L.J. Smith, PHI, TE8, Bye-5

12.16 David Thomas, NEP, TE23, Bye-10

20.16 George Wrightster, JAC, TE37, Bye-4

3 TEs means that you should get some scoring every week, but I think that Thomas and Wrightster are both backups. Grade-C

14.16 Shayne Graham, CIN, K6, Bye-5

16.16 Stephen Gostkowski, NE, K14, Bye-10

10.16 Baltimore Ravens, DST2, Bye-8

13.01 Pittsburgh Steelers, DST6, Bye-6

Very solid kickers and Defenses, and should provide a good boost to your squad every week. Grade-A

Overall I think that the 2 early defenses might hurt your depth at WR and especially TE. Grade-B

Bruno2

4.15 Tom Brady, NE, QB5, Bye-10

9.02 Alex Smith, SF, QB21, Bye-6

Solid QBs, and Smith showed alot of improvemnet last year. With the added weapons for Brady and one more year under Smith's belt, this could be a very good tandem. Grade-A-

1.02 Steven Jackson, STL, RB2, Bye-9

3.02 Chester Taylor, MIN, RB21, Bye-5

6.15 Julius Jones, DAL, RB37, Bye-8

12.15 Kenny Irons, ®, RB57

19.02 Jerome Harrison, CLE, RB71, Bye-7

This is the strength of your team IMO. SJax, CT, and JJ should provide you with solid scoring every week. Irons adds some potential to a already very good corps of RBs. Grade-A

2.15 Roy Williams, DET, WR9, Bye-6

5.02 Braylon Edwards, CLE, WR22, Bye-7

8.15 Drew Bennett, STL, WR47, Bye-9

11.02 Hank Baskett, PHI, WR62, Bye-5

13.02 Terrance Copper, NO, WR73, Bye-4

16.15 Brandon Lloyd, WAS, WR89, Bye-4

20.15 Maurice Stovall, TB, WR102, Bye-10

RWIll is solid up top and Edwards has potential to be a solid #2. After that you took alot of chances, but they are solid for value on most given weeks. Grade-B

7.02 Desmond Clark, CHI, TE12, Bye-9

10.15 Owen Daniels, HOU, TE18, Bye-10

Unspectacular TEs, but between the 2 of them, you should be able to get some scoring. Grade-C+

15.02 Jason Elam, DEN, K7, Bye-6

18.15 Sebastian Janikowski, OAK, K21, Bye-5

14.15 Oakland Raiders, DST11, Bye-5

17.02 Tampa Bay Buccaneers, DST20, Bye-10

Solid grouping should give you decent scoring every week. Grade-B-

Overall- QBs and RBs are very strong, but will have to help carry an average WR and TE corps. This team should have enough weapons to be competitive every week. Grade-B

Pimpin Ain't Easy

5.03 Marc Bulger, STL, QB7, Bye-9

9.03 JP Losman, BUF, QB22, Bye-6

20.14 Gus Frerotte, STL, QB39, Bye-9

Solid pairing, and Gus was a nice coverage for Bulger's injury issues. Grade-A-

1.03 Larry Johnson, KC, RB3, Bye-8

7.03 Tatum Bell, DET, RB38, Bye-6

8.13 Ricky Williams, MIA, RB46, Bye-9

11.03 Chris Brown, ???, RB51,

13.03 Michael Bennett, KC, RB58, Bye-8

LJ is great, but he will need to be amazing to make up for the rest of the RBs. Only hope is that Tinker Bell could get carries in Detroit. Grade-C+

2.14 Anquan Boldin, ARI, WR8 , Bye-8

3.03 Andre Johnson, HOU, WR11, Bye-10

4.14 Randy Moss, OAK, WR21, Bye-5

10.14 Ted Ginn Jr., ®, WR60,

12.14 Drew Carter, CAR, WR72, Bye-7

14.14 Eric Moulds, ???, WR82,

18.14 Steve Smith, ®, WR93

Top 3 are spectacular, but after that you have alot of ????. That being said those 3 should be able to carry you most weeks. Ginn Jr and Smith give you potential for random scoring. Grade-A-

6.14 Ben Watson, NEP, TE11, Bye-10

19.03 Jermaine Wiggins, JAC, TE35, Bye-4

Watson is solid and Wiggins has a chance to start for Jax. Grade-C+

16.14 Olindo Mare, NO, K13, Bye-4

15.03 Carolina Panthers, DST12, Bye-7

17.03 Washington Redskins, DST21, Bye-4

1 Kicker=OUCH. Mare and the 2 Ds all have good scoring potential, but that hurts with only one. Grade-C

Overall- Your WRs will carry your team and makeup for your weaknesses at RB and TE. I like the squad and think that they could be competing for the top score on a weekly basis, but if your WRs have a bad week it could be your demise. Grade-B+

QB

Eli Manning

Jay Cutler

Both are still young and learning the game. They will give me some good games and some bad games from week to week. Hopefuly when one has a bad game the other will have a good game. Grade B +
I agree wit your assessment that they are both young and will have up and down games. Consistancy will not be your strong point, but thye both have the potential to put up good scores on a weekly basis. Grade-B+
RB

Brian Westbrook

Cedric Benson

Reuben Droughns

Brian Leonard

Chris Perry

This group has lots of potential but also a lot of downside. Most of my RB's have had injuries in the past. If they can stay healthy than I do feel this can be a solid group. Brian Leonard in the right situation could make this group strong and if Chris Perry returns to the Chris Perry of a couple of years ago that got 51 receptions that will make this group stronger. Grade B
Westy is a stud in these formats, and Benson is finally getting the chance to see if he is the man. With Droughn splitting carries with Jacobs in NY and Leonard has alot of upside, you have alot of potential. Injury could be your downfall, as none of your vetran RBs have had a healthy season that I can remember. Grade-B
WR

Marques Colston

Reggie Brown

Eddie Kennison

Michael Jenkins

Antwon Randle El

Johnnie Lee Higgins

This group will depend alot on Marques Colston and Reggie Brown and if they keep on developing. If not than I am in trouble. An ok receiving core but not great. Grade C+
Your WRs are slightly above average as a whole. Brown has developed nicely in Philly and Colsten had a great year last year. But they are both young and WRs are known for the sophomore slump. Grade-C
TE

Alge Crumpler

Heath Miller

Zack Miller

I like my tight ends. Maybe not the top tier guys like a Gates or Gonzalez but not bad. Between the three I should be able to put up solid numbers most weeks. Grade B+
Probably the most solid position on your team. These 3 should be able to put up numbers that would be comperable to the elite TEs in this league. Grade-A
PK

Joe Nedney

Jeff Reed

Average kickers with the SAME bye week. Grade-C-
D/ST

Jacksonvill Jaguars

New York Jets

These defenses like my kickers are ok. Maybe not the best but I do feel most weeks I can get a good game out of one of my defenses. Grade B-
I like your defenses, as I think that the Jags are a stud defense especiallly with MJD, and the Jets are young and improving. Grade-B
Overall Grade B
Overall this is a solid team that has alot of potential, but there is alot of risk with all of that potential. Grade-B-

QB

Eli Manning

Jay Cutler

RB

Brian Westbrook

Cedric Benson

Reuben Droughns

Brian Leonard

Chris Perry

WR

Marques Colston

Reggie Brown

Eddie Kennison

Michael Jenkins

Antwon Randle El

Johnnie Lee Higgins

TE

Alge Crumpler

Heath Miller

Zack Miller

PK

Joe Nedney

Jeff Reed

D/ST

Jacksonvill Jaguars

New York Jets

Overall Grade B
For the most part, you appraised yourself honestly.Agreed about your QBs being a "B", but if they develop during the season, and you're still in the race, you'll have "A" grade guys.

Right now your top two running backs are no stranger to the training table. If they shake off that label this year and Benson steps up like a 4th overall should, you'll be in great shape. I'm also one of the few who feel Droughns will get a lot of work in New York. I can live with your "B" ranking right now because Westie is money in a scoring system like this. They can even rise to an "A" ranking if they avoid injuries.

No argument with any of your rankings, really. I have a good feeling about Randle El this year, and could be a steal for you.

QB

Eli Manning

Jay Cutler

I agree wit your assessment that they are both young and will have up and down games. Consistancy will not be your strong point, but thye both have the potential to put up good scores on a weekly basis. Grade-B+
RB

Brian Westbrook

Cedric Benson

Reuben Droughns

Brian Leonard

Chris Perry

Westy is a stud in these formats, and Benson is finally getting the chance to see if he is the man. With Droughn splitting carries with Jacobs in NY and Leonard has alot of upside, you have alot of potential. Injury could be your downfall, as none of your vetran RBs have had a healthy season that I can remember. Grade-B
WR

Marques Colston

Reggie Brown

Eddie Kennison

Michael Jenkins

Antwon Randle El

Johnnie Lee Higgins

Your WRs are slightly above average as a whole. Brown has developed nicely in Philly and Colsten had a great year last year. But they are both young and WRs are known for the sophomore slump. Grade-C
TE

Alge Crumpler

Heath Miller

Zack Miller

Probably the most solid position on your team. These 3 should be able to put up numbers that would be comperable to the elite TEs in this league. Grade-A
PK

Joe Nedney

Jeff Reed

Average kickers with the SAME bye week. Grade-C-
D/ST

Jacksonvill Jaguars

New York Jets

I like your defenses, as I think that the Jags are a stud defense especiallly with MJD, and the Jets are young and improving. Grade-B
Overall Grade B
Overall this is a solid team that has alot of potential, but there is alot of risk with all of that potential. Grade-B-
Good catch with the kickers. I didn't even notice until you pointed that out. I agree with your rankings. Most of which are pretty close with my rankings.

Bruno24.15 Tom Brady, NE, QB5, Bye-109.02 Alex Smith, SF, QB21, Bye-6Solid QBs, and Smith showed alot of improvemnet last year. With the added weapons for Brady and one more year under Smith's belt, this could be a very good tandem. Grade-A-1.02 Steven Jackson, STL, RB2, Bye-93.02 Chester Taylor, MIN, RB21, Bye-56.15 Julius Jones, DAL, RB37, Bye-812.15 Kenny Irons, ®, RB5719.02 Jerome Harrison, CLE, RB71, Bye-7This is the strength of your team IMO. SJax, CT, and JJ should provide you with solid scoring every week. Irons adds some potential to a already very good corps of RBs. Grade-A2.15 Roy Williams, DET, WR9, Bye-65.02 Braylon Edwards, CLE, WR22, Bye-78.15 Drew Bennett, STL, WR47, Bye-911.02 Hank Baskett, PHI, WR62, Bye-513.02 Terrance Copper, NO, WR73, Bye-416.15 Brandon Lloyd, WAS, WR89, Bye-420.15 Maurice Stovall, TB, WR102, Bye-10RWIll is solid up top and Edwards has potential to be a solid #2. After that you took alot of chances, but they are solid for value on most given weeks. Grade-B7.02 Desmond Clark, CHI, TE12, Bye-910.15 Owen Daniels, HOU, TE18, Bye-10Unspectacular TEs, but between the 2 of them, you should be able to get some scoring. Grade-C+15.02 Jason Elam, DEN, K7, Bye-618.15 Sebastian Janikowski, OAK, K21, Bye-514.15 Oakland Raiders, DST11, Bye-517.02 Tampa Bay Buccaneers, DST20, Bye-10Solid grouping should give you decent scoring every week. Grade-B-Overall- QBs and RBs are very strong, but will have to help carry an average WR and TE corps. This team should have enough weapons to be competitive every week. Grade-B
Nice effort Dom, couldn't agree more. :goodposting:

Ministry of Pain

8.12 Matt Schaub, HOU, QB19, Bye-10

9.05 Jake Delhomme, CAR, QB23, Bye-7

QBs are average at best. There are great expectations of Schaub, but as a QB1 I would not be confident, and Delhomme is anything but consistant. Grade-C-

1.05 Reggie Bush, NO, RB5, Bye-4

2.12 Adrian Peterson, ®, RB18,

3.05 Cadillac Williams, TB, RB22, Bye-10

13.05 Michael Pittman, TB, RB60, Bye-10

Very solid trio as long as AD doesn't end up causing by week issues. Only having four RBs might be a concern with injuries, but with the 3 you have you should be ok. Grade-B+

4.12 Darrell Jackson, SEA, WR20, Bye-8

6.12 Terry Glenn, DAL, WR33, Bye-8

7.05 Kevin Curtis, PHI, WR36, Bye-9

10.12 Marty Booker, MIA, WR58, Bye-9

11.05 Michael Clayton, TB, WR63, Bye-10

14.12 Mark Bradley, CHI, WR80, Bye-9

15.05 Anthony Gonzales, ®, WR84

20.12 Kelly Washington, NE, WR100, Bye-10

A perfect example of quantity, if you can't get quality. Very surprising to me the actual overall talent of your WR corp considering your first wasn't drafted until round 4. Concern about the multiple bye weeks, but you should have enough depth to get by. Grade-B-

5.05 Jason, Witten, DAL, TE9, Bye-8

18.12 Bo Scaife, TEN, TE34, Bye-4

Witten is solid, but Scaife is a backup. Grade-C

16.12 Josh Brown, SEA, K12, Bye-8

19.05 Mason Crosby, ®, K23

12.12 Dallas Cowboys, DST5, Bye-8

17.05 Tennessee Titans, DST23, Bye-4

Kickers and defenses should be able to give you decent production every week. Grade-B

Overall- Week 8 could be quite difficult to get through, btu your team looks pretty solid. The productin of your WRs will tell if you got away with your taking 3 RBs first. Grade-C+

NorrisB

6.11 Tony Romo, DAL, QB13, Bye-8

8.11 Ben Roethlesberger, PIT, QB18, Bye-6

QBs are solid, and should get decent production each week. Not a big fan of either, but they should be ok. Grade-B

1.06 Shaun Alexander, SEA, RB6, Bye-8

3.06 Duece McAllister, NO, RB23, Bye-4

11.06 Correll Buckhalter, PHI, RB52, Bye-5

14.11 Brandon Jackson, ®, RB62

Solid starting 2, but NO depth. Injuries could kill you. Grade-C+

2.11 Larry Fitzgerald, ARI, WR7 , Bye-8

4.11 Hines Ward, PIT, WR19, Bye-6

5.06 Joey Galloway, TB, WR24, Bye-10

7.06 Bernard Berrian, CHI, WR37, Bye-9

10.11 Chris Henry, CIN, WR57, Bye-5

13.06 Joe Jurevicius, CLE, WR74, Bye-7

16.11 Mike Williams, DET, WR88, Bye-6

19.06 Kevin Walter, HOU, WR95, Bye-10

Solid WRs, but Williams and Henry could be wasted picks. The other 6 WRs will give solid production every week. Grade-B+

9.06 Dallas Clark, IND, TE15 , Bye-6

12.11 Marcedes Lewis, JAC, TE22, Bye-4

Average TEs, as Lewis might not be starting and Clark is extremely inconsistant. Grade-C-

18.11 Ryan Longwell, MIN, K19, Bye-5

20.11 Josh Huston, NYG, K32, Bye-9

15.06 Green Bay Packers, DST13, Bye-7

17.06 New York Giants, DST24, Bye-9

Kickers-Ouch. Defenses are a decent pairing, but nothing special. Grade-C

Overall- Team is lacking depth at RB and TE, and kickers and defenses aren't helping to pick up the slack. WR should help to balance it out a little, but team is will have a hard time getting past week 8. Grade-C

4.04 Drew Brees, NO, QB3, Bye-4

9.13 Jeff Garcia, TB, QB27, Bye-10

Brees is solid, no doubt, even if his production comes back to earth, he should put up good numbers. Garcia could be a big fat ? if Simms somehow grabs that starting job. I think he’ll win the job and cover that week 4 bye – but I waited a bit long for my back up and went to other positions - Garcia felt like the best bet to me for the choices I had. Thought about Huard, but I think Garcia – if Cj ends up there especially – could do very well.

Good starter, ok backup –B-

1.13 Clinton Portis, WAS, RB12, Bye-4

2.04 Edgerrin James, ARI, RB17, Bye-8

8.04 DeShaun Foster, CAR, RB41, Bye-7

10.04 Anthony Thomas, BUF, RB49, Bye-6

20.04 T.J. Duckett, DET, RB73, Bye-6

Almost went with Henry (did in fact, then had a chance to rethink it – always dangerous – due to a mix up). That may be a pick I question the whole contest. But I think Portis will be a good #1 and I don’t fear Betts all that much. The big threat to James – as MOP pointed out early on I believe – is AP. If he ends up in the Desert I might be hurting. If not, I think Edge has a bounce back season and could put up 15 – 20 RB numbers and if I wish hard enough on a star, maybe more. Foster should still get some good carries if he stays healthy and put up OK numbers, maybe a big game once or twice. I expect A-Train to split carries at best – maybe a little more if I get lucky – but again, for who was around, I felt he could have value. Duckett is a huge ? but could do what he did in ATL, in DET. If he can hawk some TDs from Bell (of Jones) he might be good for a few good games.

Good two starters, ok #3, big ??’s for 4/5 –B-

3.13 Javon Walker, DEN, WR15, Bye-6

6.04 Mike Furrey, DET, WR29Bye-6

7.13 Muhsin Muhammad, CHI, WR41, Bye-9

11.13 Sinorice Moss, NYG, WR67, Bye-9

12.04 Bryant Johnson, ARI, WR70, Bye-8

17.13 Tab Perry, CIN, WR91, Bye-5

19.13 Jeff Webb, KC, WR98, Bye-8

Was very pleased to get Walker – I really think people are underrating him and he’ll put up good (though not necessarily studly) #1 points. Mike Furrey is a little bit of a risk from the standpoint that we only have one season to examine – but I really liked what I saw last year from him and think he’s a solid #2 most weeks. Muhammad is fading, but is – right now – the #1 in that offense. I wouldn’t be shocked if that changed and he found himself option #2 behind Berrian – but he should still be OK for some decent numbers here and there. At the time of the pick, a bunch of players I liked had gone, so as before, I went with what looked like good value compared to the players around him. And if he holds the #1 for one more year, all the better.

I don’t know what will happen with Toomer – he’s got issues and every year it seems like he’s done. Last year he was very much not done. But at some point they need to see what Sinorice Moss can do – and the Giants have said they want Moss more involved. Could do some damage across from Plax if he gets the chance.

And then the bye weeks hit. Having the week 6 pair and week 9 pair blows giant monkey balls, but what can you do? It then became a challenge to pick up players who might perform here and there and fill in. Most of the solid WRs had long gone. So I started grabbing upside. And you jerks kept grabbing my upside before I did. :lmao:

Johnson can put up the occasional big game, even with Boldin and Fitz around. Tab Perry has shown brief flashes – it was him or Chatman and I went with Perry, as Chatman was banged up a lot last year IIRC. It’s a flip of the coin but Bengal WR#3 puts up points at times. And I’ve been hearing on the blogger and elsewhere that Webb is going to get a chance to be more involved in KC – Kennison is good but not great and Parker and Hall have had there shot. Webb impressed enough to hang around last year and they like him. But who knows what that offence will be like with Huard/Croyle and Herm ‘I have a plan’ Edwards…

Good start, questionable depth – B-/C+

5.12 Cris Cooley, WAS, TE10, Bye-4

14.04 Marcus Pollard, SEA, TE24, Bye-8

Cooley catches a lot of balls and will continue to do so. Since a grip of top TEs went off the board before I got there, I just kept hoping Cooley would hang around long enough to make it to me. He’ll be a good, not great starter – like I said, I would love the 71 catches in 2005, but will be happy with another 57 or so and 700+ yards from 2006. Pollard – well I needed a second TE – Pollard should fit in Ok with the Seattle O, but will he get a lot of targets with the talent there? I dunno, but here’s hoping he does more there than he did in DET.

Meh – they could be worse and they both start – C+/B-

16.04 John Kasay, CAR, K10, Bye-7

18.04 Mike Nugent, NYJ, K16, Bye-10

Kasay always puts up good points. He’s dependable and that’s what I wanted in my #1 kicker. Nugent came on last year and should be consistent as well. I mighta been able to grab something else in his place though, btu I didn’t want to reach too far for a fill in later. If I HAPPEN to make it to week 7, I didn’t want to depend on someone I wasn’t solid on.

Solid kickers, but no golden legs here - B

13.13 Cincinnati Bengals, DST8, Bye-5

15.13 Miami Dolphins, DST14, Bye-9

The Bengals put up good points, but can be streaky – I like the turnover ratio. Miami did ok last year defensively and I think will continue to improve this year, but not enough to where I would have taken them earlier. I guess I could have waited a bit on them, or maybe I should say I SHOULD have, but that’s neither here nor there.

Neither team will lift me to the heights of greatness on most weeks, but neither will they kill me either.

B-

Overall, I think, for my first one of these and picking out of the 13 slot – not a bad team. If things fall right, I could last a while – but it’s a shaky house of cards and if AP goers to AZ, or Portis gets hurt or Garcia loses the job too early (you get the idea) -- I could be out.

I have a good crop of starters – but God help me if anything goes wrong. I have depth but I don’t know whether some of it is worth anything.

For the slot, I think it went pretty well and while it could lack in depth, I have a decent starting squad.

Still, I ain’t kidding myself I don’t think – and while I like the potential, I can’t go higher overall than a B-.

And I freely admit that might even be biased. (and I know you'll tell me so.... ) :2cents:

Again, thanks for everyone who put it together and everyone else for participating. It's been a great challenge and I will enjoy seeing how this all breaks out.

I had a blast. :)

(I'll try to make time to go over other people's teams thouroughly but might settle forcomemnting on other people's comemnts.)

I promise I'll have my ratings and rankings later today........

With all the nice weather we've been having on the east coast, I've been concentrating on work outside around the house and the main sqeeze has been up my butt about things that should have gotten done a long time ago. I'm sure some (or most) of you know what I mean......

Sorry for the delay!!! In the meantime.....have a drink on me... :goodposting: :no:

See you tonite!

With all the nice weather we've been having on the east coast, I've been concentrating on work outside around the house and the main sqeeze has been up my butt about things that should have gotten done a long time ago. I'm sure some (or most) of you know what I mean......

Sorry for the delay!!! In the meantime.....have a drink on me... :bye: :lmao:

See you tonite!
Concentrating on work and home?MADNESS!

QB's-

Matt Hasselbeck(5.10)- Had off-season surgery on non-throwing shoulder. Should be ok and hopefully return to a 20+ TD season even if DJax is gone.

Rex Grossman(9.10)-Had 23 TD'sand 20 INT's last year. He has a full year under his belt so I'd be happy with the same production with less int's. Had a few horrendous games last year and he should learn from that experience. Thought he was good value at 9.10.

Chris Simms(14.10)- If Tampa gets Calvin Johnson and Simms gets the start over Garcia(fingers crossed) he could be a pleasant surprise and turn out better than his 14.10 draft spot.

GRADE- B- I expect decent production out of this group.

RB's-

Joeseph Addai(1.10)- Still kicking my own ### for not noticing that Frank Gore was still available, being a 9ers fan and all. Oh well, I'm sure Addai's role will increase and I'mhappy with him as my #1rb. Just hope he doesn't have a soph slump.

Marshawn Lynch(4.07)- Best rookie after AP. A lot depends on where he lands. If it's Buffalo or Green Bay he'll get every opportunity to produce. Didn't like the vet options here so I took a chance on him getting a starting gig.

Dominic Rhodes(8.07)- Starting rb's were pretty much gone so I took Dom in hopes that Jordan isn't completely healthy by the start ofthe season. I feel Rhodes will get a fair amount of opportunities even if Jordan plays. If Oaklands O-line isn't addressed though Dom and Jordan will suffer.

Ron Dayne(12.07)- Houston's backfield is pretty crowded with Ahman Green, Wali Lundy and Gado so Dayne will get limited opportunities I'm sure. Green should get the bulk and Dayne better make good use of the carries he gets. He hasn't lived up to his potential so my expectations are tempered. I'd definitely settle for his last years numbers which wouldbe good for my #4 rb.

Noah Herron(19.10)- If Green Bay doesn't draft another rb(hint,hint,Lynch) then Herron should get carries with just Morency there. I feel he'd put up moderate numbers and would end up being great value for a 19.10 pick.

GRADE- C- Definitely the weakest position on my team. I will surely have to be lucky for this group to produce consistant numbers outside of Addai.

WR's-

Torry Holt(2.07)- Has had over 1,000 yds. every yearsince 2000. He has had between 9 to 12 TD's per year since 2003. Pretty consistant and I feel he's still a top 5 receiver.

Lee Evans(3.10)- Entering his 4th year and he's only gonna get better. Not too thrilled with his QB., but Losman does seem to be progressing. If Buffalo had a legit #2 wr I think Lee could crack the top 5 even with Losman behind center.

Vincent Jackson(6.07)- Takes over as San Diego's #1 wr by default. Even being the #1 wideout he'll still be the 3rd option behind LT and Gates. Showed promise late last year and he has the tools to bea good #1 guy. Picked him specualting that he'll produce good numbers going into his 3rd year and I'm happy with him as my #3 receiver.

DJ Hackett(10.07)- Another speculation pick that I think will have a mini-explosion in production this year. Even if DJax stays I just have a hunch this guy's gonna put up good numbers this year. He was the 54th receiver taken and I'm banking on him to be in the top 30 come years' end, IMO.

Nate Washington- He had receptions in every game last year and finished with 35rec/624yds/4tds. I think he'll have similar numbers this year and I'd be pleased with that from my #5 receiver.

GRADE- B+ I feel my receiving corps is and will be the strength of my team if I'm to advance in the later weeks. I'm very pleased with the picks I made at receiver.

TE's-

Tony Scheffler(7.10)- Had 4 td's the last 4 weeks of 2006. Not bad for a rookie. I fully expect him to get better as Cutler develops. Signing Daniel Graham may hurt him some but I believe he'll have better numbers than last year. Shoulda went after a better TE but maybe I'll get lucky.

Chris Baker(15.10)- Decent numbers last year. Jets could draft a TE. He's not a household name at TE so I'll hope for the best.

Dan Campbell(18.07)- He's on the Lions so who knows how he'll do,lol. If he repeats numbers from last year that'll be pretty good for an 18th round pick.

GRADE- C No studs here but I'm hoping Scheffler surprises this year.

PK's-

Josh Scobee(16.07)- Finished 6th in scoring(119 pts.) for kickers with 26 FG's.

Martin Gramatica(20.07)- Not automatica anymore but he should get plenty of opportunities with Dallas.

GRADE- B Kickers from 2 teamsthat should put up points.

Defense/Special Teams-

San Diego Chargers(11.10) Pretty solid D with some good playmakers.

Buffalo Bills(17.10)- 5 td's last year. Not a bad 17th round pick.

Grade- B- I think the Chargers will be a top 5 defense and hope that the Bills cover any poor weeks San Diego has.

Overview- overall I'm pleased with the team I have drafting out of the #10 spot. I don't have a powerhouse team or a bad team. Kind of middle of the road with some upside I guess. Which probably means I'll need a lot of luck to go deep in elimination. I went rb,wr,wr with my first three picks and I'm glad I did drafting from the #10 spot. I had the same draft slot in PDSL 4. I went rb,rb,wr in that one and am not as happy with that team as I am with my PDSL 3 team. You guys drafted really well and I always had to be focused on trying to draft the best team I could.

Overall Grade- C+ As I stated I don't think I have a poor team but I'll need a few breaks to be the last man standing :shrug:

:bye: As you can see my editing is piss poor :bye: Oh well, I don't feel like correcting it. I'm just glad I was able to get the damned analysis done.Youse guys understand I'm sure. Thanks for a great draft guys. You made it enjoyable :no:

Concentrating on work and home?

MADNESS!
Yes, MADNESS, indeed........as you see, I did not post last night as promised......I have very good reason for not posting my rankings, as you will learn soon enough.

I absolutely without a doubt will post tonight........I know, I know, I'm just a big 'ole tease.......heh, heh!!!! All of my friends will tell you that sometimes I am not as timely as I first indicate, but the end result is always worth the wait...............

Rody

I bet NorrisB is just about to die of laughter right about now!!!!!!! He, as well, will not be disappointed.

Everyone has their own opinions and reasons for drafting the players they did. Rather than go through the teams and rate people's draft I decided on a different approach. I looked at all the teams and gave a grade based on their complete rosters. Please don't take offense if your team did not receive as good a grade as others. It's merely my opinion. I think everyone has a good team which made it difficult to grade some higher than others.

B+ GRADE-

Tex

Bruno

NoFBInLA

B GRADE-

NorrisB

Krsone21

Minstry of Pain

Pimpin' Ain't Easy

B- GRADE-

Milfoshane

Prof. Chaos

Domination

DocNiner52

C+ GRADE-

Ruffrodys05

Rudy

FreeBaGel

Orgasmo

Lions327

As for a prediction I'm going to say the winner of this survival league will be one of the teams with a B+ grade. Meaning, I think that either Tex, Bruno or NoFBInLA will be the last team standing. :shock:

Everyone has their own opinions and reasons for drafting the players they did. Rather than go through the teams and rate people's draft I decided on a different approach. I looked at all the teams and gave a grade based on their complete rosters. Please don't take offense if your team did not receive as good a grade as others. It's merely my opinion. I think everyone has a good team which made it difficult to grade some higher than others.

B+ GRADE-

Tex

Bruno

NoFBInLA

B GRADE-

NorrisB

Krsone21

Minstry of Pain

Pimpin' Ain't Easy

B- GRADE-

Milfoshane

Prof. Chaos

Domination

DocNiner52

C+ GRADE-

Ruffrodys05

Rudy

FreeBaGel

Orgasmo

Lions327

As for a prediction I'm going to say the winner of this survival league will be one of the teams with a B+ grade. Meaning, I think that either Tex, Bruno or NoFBInLA will be the last team standing. :)
Interesting approach Doc.....I like it.....not the grades so much, just the approach!!BTW, C+ is a fair and accurate assessment of my team. :bye:

In a previous post I predicted that the winner of our survivor league would be one of these 3 guys. Tex, Bruno or NoFBInLA. I still stand by that but now I'm going to throw a monkey wrench in that prediction and select 2 wild card teams that with a few breaks and some luck , be it within their team or within other opponets teams in the league could surprise us all and hoist the victory flag proclaiming their survivor supremacy. Drumroll please!!!!!

:clap: :lmao: :clap: :lol: :clap: :no: :clap: :lmao: :clap: :pickle: :clap: :pickle: :clap:

WILDCARD TEAM #1- ORGASMO

WILDCARD TEAM #2- DocNiner52

yeah, I'm tooting my own horn on this one but I think I might fall a c**thair short to Orgasmo :2cents:

**-for entertainment purposes only and DocNiner approves this post :D

NorrisB

6.11 Tony Romo, DAL, QB13, Bye-8

8.11 Ben Roethlesberger, PIT, QB18, Bye-6

1.06 Shaun Alexander, SEA, RB6, Bye-8

3.06 Duece McAllister, NO, RB23, Bye-4

11.06 Correll Buckhalter, PHI, RB52, Bye-5

14.11 Brandon Jackson, ®, RB62

2.11 Larry Fitzgerald, ARI, WR7 , Bye-8

4.11 Hines Ward, PIT, WR19, Bye-6

5.06 Joey Galloway, TB, WR24, Bye-10

7.06 Bernard Berrian, CHI, WR37, Bye-9

10.11 Chris Henry, CIN, WR57, Bye-5

13.06 Joe Jurevicius, CLE, WR74, Bye-7

16.11 Mike Williams, DET, WR88, Bye-6

19.06 Kevin Walter, HOU, WR95, Bye-10

9.06 Dallas Clark, IND, TE15 , Bye-6

12.11 Marcedes Lewis, JAC, TE22, Bye-4

18.11 Ryan Longwell, MIN, K19, Bye-5

20.11 Josh Huston, NYG, K32, Bye-9

15.06 Green Bay Packers, DST13, Bye-7

17.06 New York Giants, DST24, Bye-9

I will smoke you ruffrody even without my WR5 :lmao:

From 1993 to 2003, first round QBs

Good Qbs: Drew Bledsoe, K. Collins, S. McNair, P. Manning, Culpepper, Pennington, M. Vick, C. Palmer, B. Leftwich, R. Grossman

Busts: Rick Mirer, Heath Shuler, Trent Dilfer, J. Druckenmiller, R. Leaf, Tim Couch, Akili Smith, D. Carr, C. McNown, J. Harrington, P. Ramsey, K. Boller

10 Good QBs, and 12 bad ones. So there's probably about a 50% chance Russell is a bust and never develops into a decent QB and Im being generous as Collins, Leftwich, and, Grossman arent the greatest QBs in the world. Then you have to figure if he will be a good QB, what are the odds of him having a good year as a rookie? I would say somewhere between slim and none.

Busting on your backup QB in this format will really cost you, should have taken a better QB2, or atleast a safer one.
I don't see McNabb on that list. Add him to the upside.If I was worried about Russell "busting" I would not have selected him. His upside is huge, as far as I'm concerned, but yes there is a slim chance he busts.

Quinn, IMO, has a much greater chance to "bust" at the next level, no matter who picks him a couple weeks from now, which is why I did not draft him.
Your too funny! McNabb started only 6 games! And he wasnt any good in even those couple a games!

Post Draft Grade

Bruno2

QB:

Tom Brady

Alex Smith

The trades for Randy Moss and Darrell Jackson should make these QBs better.

Grade: A

RBs:

Steven Jackson

Chester Taylor

Julius Jones

Kenny Irons®

Jerome Harrison

Chester's value definitely takes a hit with Minnesota drafting Peterson. But there are still lots of questions surrounding his collarbone right now, so I'm not ready to write off Taylor just yet.

I'm not too worried about Brian Leonard going to StL. Not sure if they'll use him as a FB or HB, and there is the possibility he could just be a special teams guy his rookie season. Worst case senario he steals some goaline carries from Jackson.

Julius Jones-Status unchanged at the moment.

Kenny Irons ®- I actually like where he landed. Obviously with Rudi entrenched as the starter, Irons will most likely be used to give him a rest, or as a change-of-pace back. Also picking Irons in the 2nd means the team has lost faith in Perry and you don't draft a guy in the 2nd if you don't plan on him making an immediate contribution (excluding QBs).

That fact that Cleveland passed on Peterson says alot about Harrison IMO. I see the Browns using Lewis/Harrison the same way New Orleans uses McAllister/Bush, not on the same level of coarse, but it should give Harrison plenty of opportunities.

Grade: A- B (depending on the Peterson/Taylor situation)

WRs:

Roy Williams

Braylon Edwards

Drew Bennett

Hank Baskett

Terrence Copper

Brandon Lloyd

Maurice Stovall

I think the addition of Calvin Johnson will only help Roy Williams as he will make the offense as whole better, and take some of the focus off Roy and free him up to make more plays. It will be interesting to see how much Johnson will play right away.

We'll see what the Browns do with Quinn, if they make him sit for a year or battle it out with Charlie Frye. Either way, I don't think Edwards' prospects will change that much, as both QBs will struggle at times.

Man, Copper takes a big hit with the 1st round selection of Robert Meacham, hopefully the kid will be slow in picking up the offense. We'll see.

Because Calvin Johnson didn't fall to the Bucs, Stovall has a good chance at gaining more playing time, maybe even beating out Clayton for WR2 spot.

Grade: B (B- if Meacham outplays Copper)

TE:

Desmond Clark

Owen Daniels

The Bears drafting Greg Olsen clearly sends a message that they want to upgrade the TE position, this pick more than any other in the draft hurt my team the most. We'll see how Desmond Clark responds to the challenge, but its definitely not looking good.

Grade: C- (D if Olsen overtakes Clark's starting position)

Defs:

Oakland

Tampa Bay

The Raiders drafteds two DEs so far, Quinten Moses in the 3rd and Jay Richardson in the 5th. Two athletic guys from big college programs, we'll see if they can make an impact right away.

Tampa has focused their draft on defense with the selections of Gaines Adams, Sabby Piscitelli, Quincy Black and Tanard Jackson. Adams and Piscitelli should be immediate upgrades at their positions.

Kickers:

Jason Elam

Sebastian Janikowski

Neither seriously affected by the draft.

Overall, I still give myself a B, and should be one of the stronger teams barring any injuries. Desmond Clark, Chester Taylor and Terrence Copper seem to be the three biggest downgrades after the draft on my squad. Conversly, Tom Brady and Alex Smith should get a nice boost from the addtions of Moss and Jackson. And I also like what Tampa is doing in the draft to shore up their defense.

Drafting 16th...I knew I had to take some chances...one of which was drafting Michael Turner as my RB 2. Unless something changes regarding him being traded, I look to be screwed.

:thumbup:

Drafting 16th...I knew I had to take some chances...one of which was drafting Michael Turner as my RB 2. Unless something changes regarding him being traded, I look to be screwed. :hot:
:thumbup:Well I just dont think the risk met the reward at that spot, I think I would have rather had someone a little safer at that pick.

NorrisB said:
lions327 said:
Drafting 16th...I knew I had to take some chances...one of which was drafting Michael Turner as my RB 2. Unless something changes regarding him being traded, I look to be screwed. :hot:
:ptts:Well I just dont think the risk met the reward at that spot, I think I would have rather had someone a little safer at that pick.
I disagree with this....I think drafting 16th means you MUST take some risks along the way. In reality, I thought the chances of him being traded were 75% or better, so it was worth the shot. If I had to do it all over again, I would do the same thing...and ONLY because I picked 16th.

So post draft, I'm still relatively happy -- none of my boys will be adversely affected by the draft -- well, Furrye is pootched, actually, at some point.

Still, I can hang I think. I think for the 13, I still say my team looks good.

:goodposting: After a series of little digs by ruffrody and some more digs via pm, I challenge ruffrody to a sig bet, the bet includes who survives and total points, you taking it rr? You should after all Im going without my #5 wr
Who's your WR5....Henry? Big leap there.....it's known already that you won't have him available for 8 weeks...BTW, what exactly is the sig bet? I won't sign on until you post the risks/rewards.....ie: sig could say......"I Own Xxxxx!, He's my FFSL Biatchness Godess!!!"Rody :lmao:

:nerd: After a series of little digs by ruffrody and some more digs via pm, I challenge ruffrody to a sig bet, the bet includes who survives and total points, you taking it rr? You should after all Im going without my #5 wr
Who's your WR5....Henry? Big leap there.....it's known already that you won't have him available for 8 weeks...BTW, what exactly is the sig bet? I won't sign on until you post the risks/rewards.....ie: sig could say......"I Own Xxxxx!, He's my FFSL Biatchness Godess!!!"Rody :banned:
You get a sig of my choosing for two months. The tie breaker will be the SSLs, and you get to wear it immediatly after the season.

After looking at the post that David Yudkin did for the Average Draft Position for all the PDSL leagues I didn't fare too bad with a lot of my players better than their ADP.Here's the ones I think I did average to better than average in drafting. I didn't include Addai,Holt,Evans and M. Lynch.Those were my first 4 round picks. Yudkin's numbers were divided by 16 and then rounded off to get no higher than a 16th pick per round.

Positon Name ADP Spot Drafted

QB Matt Hasselbeck (4.4) 5.10

QB Rex Grossman (7.9) 9.10

QB Chris Simms (12.5) 14.7

RB Dominic Rhodes (7.8) 8.7

RB Noah Herron (18.5) 19.10

WR Vincent Jackson (5.5) 6.7

WR DJ Hackett (9.4) 10.7

TE Chris Baker (14.6) 15.10

PK Josh Scobee (14.5) 16.7'

PK Martin Gramatica (18.14) 20.7

San Diego Chargers Def/ST (9.9) 11.10

Buffalo Bills Def/ST (14.7) 17.10

Below Average Picks Made

Position Name ADP Spot Drafted

RB Ron Dayne (15.4) 12.7

WR Nate Washington (14.3) 13.10

TE Tony Scheffler (7.7) 7.10- actually better but put him here

TE Dan Campbell (18.9) 18.7

After looking at this I drafted 12 players at spots better than their ADP and 3 players worse than their ADP. I'd have to say my best value picks were Rex Grossman, San Diego and Buffalo. With the ADP in mind I'd have to say I'm satisfied with my team. In terms of survivor well I'll just have to say the jury's out and we'll see what happens. Good luck to all of you and may the best :link: team be left standing :thumbup:

Sorry for the delay!!! In the meantime.....have a drink on me... :2cents: :thumbup:

See you tonite!
I thought you were going to do some analysis Rody. It's ok if you don't. I know it would require a lot of work. I was kinda looking forward to seeing your comments about the teams and where you think they stand in terms of winning the league. You don't have to do my team if that'll help. I figure I'm middle of the road and with some breaks I could stand a good chance of winning it. Just my opinion though as I'm sure others have different ones.Regardless, if you don't do an analysis, I'm looking forward to battling you and the rest of the league for survivor supremacy. :thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread