What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

What would happen if I fought a featherweight boxer? (3 Viewers)

There are a lot of threads where people get owned but my word this is setting the standard.Keep it coming Balance, the entertainment value never ends :)
I guess if this is about getting owned, I'm missing something.If this is where people come up with examples like Bruce Lee and Chuck Norris, Pacquiao, Sapp, and endless others - none of whom fit this discussion - then OK.I'll repeat. I'm not a tough guy - I just think there is a point where size and weight advantages outweigh any other considerations... for myself I'll take 12-14 inches + 100 pounds and consider myself good.
I would take Tony Jaa (5'6" 132lbs) over Bob Sapp (6' 3" 375 lbs) all day every day.So I think it is relevant.
Once again.Everyone wants to pile on but not a single person is willing to stay within the simple and specific parameters. :)BTW - if I'm not mistaken Jaa is a choreographer and stuntman who has never actually had a martial arts fight. Sapp is a MMA fighter with a winning record against other MMA fighters... his size-ish.

There are a lot of threads where people get owned but my word this is setting the standard.Keep it coming Balance, the entertainment value never ends :)
I guess if this is about getting owned, I'm missing something.If this is where people come up with examples like Bruce Lee and Chuck Norris, Pacquiao, Sapp, and endless others - none of whom fit this discussion - then OK.I'll repeat. I'm not a tough guy - I just think there is a point where size and weight advantages outweigh any other considerations... for myself I'll take 12-14 inches + 100 pounds and consider myself good.
I would take Tony Jaa (5'6" 132lbs) over Bob Sapp (6' 3" 375 lbs) all day every day.So I think it is relevant.
Once again.Everyone wants to pile on but not a single person is willing to stay within the simple and specific parameters. :)BTW - if I'm not mistaken Jaa is a choreographer and stuntman who has never actually had a martial arts fight. Sapp is a MMA fighter with a winning record against other MMA fighters... his size-ish.
He is that as well, but actually has studied Muay Tai for about 18 years.

There are a lot of threads where people get owned but my word this is setting the standard.

Keep it coming Balance, the entertainment value never ends :)
I guess if this is about getting owned, I'm missing something.If this is where people come up with examples like Bruce Lee and Chuck Norris, Pacquiao, Sapp, and endless others - none of whom fit this discussion - then OK.

I'll repeat. I'm not a tough guy - I just think there is a point where size and weight advantages outweigh any other considerations... for myself I'll take 12-14 inches + 100 pounds and consider myself good.
yetif anyone shows a small guy you say the example is irrelevant

I wonder how many featheweight boxers shaq could take at once?

3? 4? A Half dozen?
:mellow: You keep missing it.. the "small guy" that you guys keep trying to use are SIGNIFCANTLY bigger than the dude I made my claims on.

My claim isn't that any big guy can beat any little guy. My claim is for me versus a dude within the set range.

You would think the clear parameters would make this a simple debate.. instead I'm getting everyone tripping over themselves to try and pile on without actually having a clue where this is all coming from. :lol:

What is the height/weight cutoff?5'3"?120 pounds?
whatever arbitrary # the op decides as his case falls apartI could kill any 3 foot tall 125 pound near sighted kung fu expert you can find with my bare hands. Find me a video to prove otherwise

There are a lot of threads where people get owned but my word this is setting the standard.Keep it coming Balance, the entertainment value never ends :lol:
Once again.Everyone wants to pile on but not a single person is willing to stay within the simple and specific parameters. :mellow:BTW - if I'm not mistaken Jaa is a choreographer and stuntman who has never actually had a martial arts fight. Sapp is a MMA fighter with a winning record against other MMA fighters... his size-ish.
He is that as well, but actually has studied Muay Tai for about 18 years.
DISCLAIMER FOR LATE COMERS: this has nothing to do with the general topic of the thread.I will take a veteran MMA heavyweight pro versus Jaa anyday. He studied it? I'll take the K-1/MMA guy who actually has done it.

be back for more later.

keep thinking of all the badasses you can imagine to take me out!

I think Spiderman and Hulk are still available.

whatever arbitrary # the op decides as his case falls apartI could kill any 3 foot tall 125 pound near sighted kung fu expert you can find with my bare hands. Find me a video to prove otherwise
You haven't even read the first page of the thread. :lmao:Never was arbitrary. Was quite specific actually.
"5ft nothing 115-125lb guy"What exactly is '5ft nothing'? Do you literally mean nobody over 5'0"?

You haven't even read the first page of the thread. :lmao:Never was arbitrary. Was quite specific actually.
We have read the first page.Just curious why you could
woop any 5ft nothing 115-125lb guy pretty much regardless of boxing or other skills
but not a guy who weighs 130 pounds or is 5'4".So again, where is the cutoff point?

You wouldn't be able to land a punch, meanwhile he would pepper your ribs until you were too sore to stand straight, then a few head shots and you would be done.

What is the height/weight cutoff?

5'3"?

120 pounds?
You haven't even read the first page of the thread. :lmao: Never was arbitrary. Was quite specific actually.

woop any 5ft nothing 115-125lb guy pretty much regardless of boxing or other skills
but not a guy who weighs 130 pounds or is 5'4".So again, where is the cutoff point?
If you can rread that and not figure it out, I'll assume you are trying really damn hard not to.You are close to getting it... as you figured out all by yourself that 130 lbs is indeed outside of the 115-125 range given. :lmao:

Last edited by a moderator:
he set it at 5foot because that's not the average size of real featherweight boxers. He took the featherweight topic and added on his own ridiculous restrictionPacquiao is 5foot 6? see, he doesn't count!

You wouldn't be able to land a punch, meanwhile he would pepper your ribs until you were too sore to stand straight, then a few head shots and you would be done.
You've obviously never tried rib-punching a dude with enough 'ups' to dunk a basketball. Have fun punching sneakers, pal.

To all the people belaboring the point that being hit by a pro tiny man is radically different:Have any of you been hit by a pro featherweight/flyweight?I assume this is how you are able to say these things?
I have not tried to shoot over Kevin GarnettI have not tried to save a free kick from David BeckhamI have not tried to skate around Zdeno CharaI have not tried to cover Wes WelkerI still think its safe to say what the outcome would be.
Have you ever even seen an adult male this small outside of TV or on the back of a horse? This is one question Ive asked since almost the start 2 years ago and noone has even tried to reply. :mellow:And these examples aren't exactly apples to apples. I have no intention of boxing a boxer.
Saw lots of guys that size in Thailand, including some kickboxers putting on exhibitions in a bar. I have a picture of me standing in a ring with a guy that would probably fit your size requirements and I have no doubt he could have kicked my ### in about 20 seconds.Disclaimer: I am 6'4" and 240lbs and although I am older than you I do work out on a regular basis.

There are a lot of threads where people get owned but my word this is setting the standard.Keep it coming Balance, the entertainment value never ends :thumbup:
yetif anyone shows a small guy you say the example is irrelevantI wonder how many featheweight boxers shaq could take at once?3? 4? A Half dozen?
Sounds like a good poll.

Has anyone figured out what "give myself good odds with the like of Pacquiao" means?
i dunnobut parroosing a list of past bantam weight champioons, most of them were over 5'3Looks like maybe we could get a few flyweight around the 5'2 to 5'3so anything regarding "featherweight" is kind of ridiculous, as balance's criteria pretty much rule all of them out.

"5ft nothing 115-125lb guy"What exactly is '5ft nothing'? Do you literally mean nobody over 5'0"?
Still waiting.

How did I miss this thread?

Talking a straight fight. I would be allowed to use the advantages my size and reach gives me.I'm not trying to be macho - I'm just saying. I don't think it is a stretch at all...ETA - no idea where the cutoff would be. Huge difference though from a 5'1" 125lb to a 5'8/9" 150lb. guy. The question was about featherweights.. so I will stick to that.
Bump from the first page.Here he just seems to indicate featherweights.

You are close to getting it... as you figured out all by yourself that 130 lbs is indeed outside of the 115-125 range given. :unsure:
Does something magical happen to a man's punching power at 126 pounds?
:D Exactly. All of the hullabaloo about "that's not what I said" and "outside of the parameters" and "you guys can't read" is some magical 1 pound line in the sand. 5'whatever 125 world champion fighter = Balance would "give himself good odds" and it "would be like fighting a 4rth grader". At 126 pounds, however, Balance attempts dodge after dodge saying that is outside the bounds of what he said. He made himself abundantly clear with the idiocy of "I'd give myself good odds against Pacquiao" and "It would be like fighting a 4rth grader". The subsequent 20whatever pages are him falling over himself trying to back track.

Talking a straight fight. I would be allowed to use the advantages my size and reach gives me.I'm not trying to be macho - I'm just saying. I don't think it is a stretch at all...ETA - no idea where the cutoff would be. Huge difference though from a 5'1" 125lb to a 5'8/9" 150lb. guy. The question was about featherweights.. so I will stick to that.
Didn't Pacquiao fight as a featherweight at one point?

which is why the 5foot nothing restriction, makes it harder to find examples

You are close to getting it... as you figured out all by yourself that 130 lbs is indeed outside of the 115-125 range given. :popcorn:
Does something magical happen to a man's punching power at 126 pounds?
:thumbup: Exactly. All of the hullabaloo about "that's not what I said" and "outside of the parameters" and "you guys can't read" is some magical 1 pound line in the sand. 5'whatever 125 world champion fighter = Balance would "give himself good odds" and it "would be like fighting a 4rth grader". At 126 pounds, however, Balance attempts dodge after dodge saying that is outside the bounds of what he said. He made himself abundantly clear with the idiocy of "I'd give myself good odds against Pacquiao" and "It would be like fighting a 4rth grader". The subsequent 20whatever pages are him falling over himself trying to back track.
the weight isn't even the funny part, the height is

I would give myself good odds with the likes of Pacquiao. He is listed at 5'6" 126lbs, in the pictures I call serious BS on the 5'6" part - he BARELY clears the top ropes. IN A STREET FIGHT (as in I would not box with him).Once you get to 150lb range, I have made no claims about that.5'8"-5'11" 150lbs >>>>>>>>> 5'2"-5'6" 125lbs. No comparison.
I guess this is the :lol: quote :)

I would give myself good odds with the likes of Pacquiao. He is listed at 5'6" 126lbs, in the pictures I call serious BS on the 5'6" part - he BARELY clears the top ropes. IN A STREET FIGHT (as in I would not box with him).Once you get to 150lb range, I have made no claims about that.5'8"-5'11" 150lbs >>>>>>>>> 5'2"-5'6" 125lbs. No comparison.
I guess this is the :thumbup: quote :P
Indeed. :lmao: :lmao:

That's what I'm wondering about too, since Balance says on just about every page that he's never seen an adult male that small. Why choose an example which - according to him - doesn't exist?

Talking a straight fight. I would be allowed to use the advantages my size and reach gives me.

I'm not trying to be macho - I'm just saying. I don't think it is a stretch at all...

ETA - no idea where the cutoff would be. Huge difference though from a 5'1" 125lb to a 5'8/9" 150lb. guy. The question was about featherweights.. so I will stick to that.
That's what I'm wondering about too, since Balance says on just about every page that he's never seen an adult male that small. Why choose an example which - according to him - doesn't exist?
Not sure what weight class these guys are in. I wasn't aware that a handstand kick was legal under Muay Thai rules. Smaller guy using his quickness and skill to overcome his stronger, but lumbering opponent.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZNich-Zzyo8

There are a lot of threads where people get owned but my word this is setting the standard.Keep it coming Balance, the entertainment value never ends ;)
Bob Sapp >>>> Tony Jaa and it isn't even close.

There are a lot of threads where people get owned but my word this is setting the standard.Keep it coming Balance, the entertainment value never ends :lmao:
Bob Sapp >>>> Tony Jaa and it isn't even close.
I would have to agree on this one. Sapp has no heart but he makes up for it with his size.

Bump for Matuski taking down Mayweather tonight if he hadn't fought Mosley. :fatsmother:

I'm not going to say every 225 guy could beat a 125 lbs boxer but there is a reason for weight classes. In a bar fight a 125lbs guy wouldn't stand a chance against a below avg 225lbs MMA guy. If you have any grappling skills at all you should be able to take a 125lbs guy.

I'm not going to say every 225 guy could beat a 125 lbs boxer but there is a reason for weight classes. In a bar fight a 125lbs guy wouldn't stand a chance against a below avg 225lbs MMA guy. If you have any grappling skills at all you should be able to take a 125lbs guy.
:popcorn:

Users who are viewing this thread