What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WSL2 - Rounds 9-12 (1 Viewer)

Jeff and bf in the FBG version of Three O'Clock High. (Now fred isn't thinking about Math or English. Because at 3:00 he's History.)

:rolleyes: :yawn:

Now back to our regularly scheduled programming....

11.15 RB Ron Dayne

:popcorn: :popcorn:

Things getting testy in WSL 2. Should make for good year long "competition".
It's ok, I'm sure bostonfred's still fuming over this one (from SSL3 last year):
Pretty happy so far, but that comes with finally getting a #1 Pick.

QB - Big Ben (6)

RB - LT2 (7), BJackson (7)

WR - Boldin (9), Evans (6), Calvin Johnson (6)

TE - Alge Crumpler (8)

I couldn't believe that Calvin came back to me at 4.16. That was crazy.

I seem to always wind up with Crumpler, but I'm not disappointed.

Waiting on RB2 for Rounds 6/7 turn, I thought Fred Taylor would fall. Surprised a little, but Brandon Jackson is likely going to get a lot of work in Green Bay. Probably should have considered Norwood a little more, but I still would have gone BJax.

Big Ben has nice upside and they want to throw more. I like him as QB1.

Now that I'm looking at byes, I'm concerned at RB obviously, but I hope I can fix that later.

Probably should have looked first.....
I don't mean to pee on your parade, but if I'm not going to get the #1 pick, I'm glad you did. I don't understand the excitement about Calvin Johnson. Martz has said he wants to bring Calvin around slowly, and he's the WR2/3 in that offense as of today. He has the potential to be good, but the Tomlinson team doesn't need potential - it needs proven starters. You surrounded him with way too many hopes and dreams for my tastes, like Roethlisberger, who hasn't broken 18 TDs in his career, is coming off a 23 interception season, doesn't run much, and just turned over to a rookie head coach. I think I've been clear over the years that I don't draft based on bye weeks, but while I don't get passing on RB2 until the seventh round for a guy who might or might not play, it's twice as bad that you targetted a guy who shares a bye week with Tomlinson. If I could pick any fantasy bye week this year to avoid being weak, it would be week 7, because there aren't many good fantasy players between Cleveland, San Diego, Carolina and Green Bay. That's going to be one of the highest scoring weeks of the season, and you have no running backs. I suppose if you got amnesty week 6, you'll be able to survive that awful week 7 bye, but you have your QB and two of your top three receivers on bye that week.

I would honestly be shocked if this team is around in week 8 because it's built like a redraft team that doesn't have the #1 player in fantasy football.
BFred - OUT Week 2Pasquino - OUT Week 15

Last edited by a moderator:
Pasquino's team:

QB - Big Ben (6)

QB - Matt Schaub (10) - What a run on QBs that was.....

RB - LT2 (7)

RB - Brandon Jackson (7) - Uh oh - bye weeks...

RB - Anthony Thomas (6) - Better on bye weeks now

RB - Brian Leonard (9) - That feels much better

WR - Lee Evans (6)

WR - Anquan Boldin (8)

WR - Calivin "CJ2" Johnson (6)

WR - Demetrius Williams (8)

WR - Marty Booker (9)

WR - Terrance Copper (4)

TE - Alge Crumpler (8)

TE - Alex Smith (10)

PK - David Akers (5)

PK - Kris Brown (10)

Defense / ST - Miami (9)

Defense / ST - Arizona (8)

This team still sucks. You had an awful draft outside of Tomlinson. Look at your running backs - "Uh oh bye weeks" should say "Uh oh, these other guys all suck". Roethlisberger, Boldin and Evans were the only other non-busts on the team. Calvin Johnson was a huge reach.

My team may have gotten knocked out earlier, but my draft was much better than yours.

RB:

McGahee

Maroney

Morris

Betts

WR:

Coles

SMoss

Welker

Toomer

TE:

LJ Smith

Ben Troupe

DST:

Bucs

Chiefs

The main thing that killed me was that my QBs (Vick and Grossman) both got knocked out early. But I'd take this team over yours 10 times out of ten. Congratulations on having Tomlinson and piecing together some good weeks until he blew up at the end of the year again, but your accomplishment is not a good endorsement of your skill level.

This discussion amuses me.

Calvin Johnson was a huge reach.
5-1 Jeff Pasquino - Calvin Johnson, WR25, DET
WR: Coles, SMoss
3-14 Bostonfred - Laveranues Coles, WR18, NYJ4-3 Bostonfred - Santana Moss, WR20, WASHow they finished:37: S. Moss38: C.J.39: Coles

This team still sucks. You had an awful draft outside of Tomlinson. Look at your running backs - "Uh oh bye weeks" should say "Uh oh, these other guys all suck". Roethlisberger, Boldin and Evans were the only other non-busts on the team. Calvin Johnson was a huge reach.
:lmao:
My team may have gotten knocked out earlier, but my draft was much better than yours.
:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :ptts:
The main thing that killed me was that my QBs (Vick and Grossman) both got knocked out early. But I'd take this team over yours 10 times out of ten. Congratulations on having Tomlinson and piecing together some good weeks until he blew up at the end of the year again, but your accomplishment is not a good endorsement of your skill level.
:rolleyes: At least you'd not be worried about this league in October 10 out of 10 times...

Normally wouldn't want two guys from the same team, but nobody else I'm liking at the moment.

12.03 - Dennis Northcutt, WR, JAX

Chicago Bears defense. The defense had an off year this year with all the injuries, but they should be very good once again. Having Hester helps quite a bit, too.

Please PM jeter or Jeff for my 13th rounder. I've sent them a list.

Atomic Punk is just getting on to a plane so he won't be able to make his pick untill around midnight.Mrs Punk
Actually Mrs. Punk, thanks for the update. Much appreciated.Tell Mr. A. Punk to take his time and PM me his 2nd player and I'll be sure to pick overnight (if I can) or first thing in the AM - or he can just check in in the AM.

I'm having some difficulty with this pick, as there isn't anyone left that I'm really keen on. Oh well, I suppose I should shore up my weakest link ...

12.15 E. Wilford WR JAX (?)

I'm pretty sure he is a free agent and should land on his feet somewhere with better QB play.

PMing Jeff

I'm having some difficulty with this pick, as there isn't anyone left that I'm really keen on. Oh well, I suppose I should shore up my weakest link ...

12.15 E. Wilford WR JAX (?)

I'm pretty sure he is a free agent and should land on his feet somewhere with better QB play.

PMing Jeff
Hang tight, you'll be up in a second.

Just because I can't get enough teal....

12.16 Jeff King, TE, Carolina

13.01 Jacksonville Defense

Posting both in new thread. Time to move over there...

Users who are viewing this thread