What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WSL2 - Rounds 9-12 (1 Viewer)

10.5 DAVID PATTEN, WR, NEW ORLEANS SAINTS
Should've known..... :D
I think I was the only member of the Patten bandwagon in the 2007 offseason, so I was able to pick him in almost every SSL last year (PDSL; SSL; BDPSL) in round 18 or later. Love his role on the Saints offense, and he's a nice guy to have in survivor leagues where you don't necessarily need him to produce every single week (presuming you draft enough WR).
I don't watch many Saints games but it appears he had a couple good games but really seemed to pick up steam after Bush went down. Was that just a coincidence? With Bush back in the lineup will Patten still get enough looks? He's fine here in a survivor league and at WR50-60 but what about his prospects in a redraft?

Neat. Hurts to do this... but Engram is getting older, Hackett might walk and Branch is hurt.10.03 - Nate 'Burly Man' Burleson, WR, SEA
Very good pick. I'd have been tempted if he made it back to me, even with owning Engram.
I almost took him instead of DJax but went with the upside of DJax and figured one of Battle or DJax should post decent numbers each game.
I've heard a rumor that Isaac Bruce may be a 49er next season. I put it at about 25% chance.Burleson - arguably the quietest 10 TDs last season of anyone. (only Reggie Williams is close, but I put NBurl as quieter).
I've heard that rumor also but can't draft based on rumors in January. Battle and DJax both got over 100 targets last year but only caught 50% of them, which I mainly attribute to horrible QB play. Right now, I expect targets to increase for both, which is going to give them plenty of chances to make plays next year. It's Burleson's TDs that scare me, as I think last year was an abberation. But if Hackett leaves and Branch is out, he could put up some nice numbers....but he needs to improve his reception-target ratio.

Neat. Hurts to do this... but Engram is getting older, Hackett might walk and Branch is hurt.

10.03 - Nate 'Burly Man' Burleson, WR, SEA
Very good pick. I'd have been tempted if he made it back to me, even with owning Engram.
I almost took him instead of DJax but went with the upside of DJax and figured one of Battle or DJax should post decent numbers each game.
I've heard a rumor that Isaac Bruce may be a 49er next season. I put it at about 25% chance.Burleson - arguably the quietest 10 TDs last season of anyone.
that was speculation in the martz as the OC thread, unless you have a different source.
LINKDon't know if that is the same source, but does seem to make sense. Bruce is due a big $ in March, and if the Rams don't give him that then SF does seem like a decent next stop.

I've heard that rumor also but can't draft based on rumors in January. Battle and DJax both got over 100 targets last year but only caught 50% of them, which I mainly attribute to horrible QB play. Right now, I expect targets to increase for both, which is going to give them plenty of chances to make plays next year.
Based on what would you expect Battle and D-Jax to increase in targets? You think Shaun Hill is going to resign, learn Martz's offense and D-Jax is going to stop being washed up and done? I can see the first happening, but the latter two seem a bit more of a reach. Especially after last season where the only person with worse hands than D-Jax was Vernon Davis, but in fantasy he's fixed part of that problem. Too bad it doesn't translate well in the real NFL where he seemingly dropped two of every three passes that mattered. If Alex Smith is still the 49ers QB, then Battle (Unless Bruce does come to the Niners) seems like the only WR with any fantasy value.

bostonfred said:
Amani Toomer
10.09 James Jones WR GB
I'll take WR Shaun McDonald
These were three of the receivers I strongly considered at the last pick. McDonald looks good, but without Martz, I don't know what will happen to his numbers or his playing time. James Jones is young and improving, looked good in the playoffs, and may have an expanded role next year, but for the millionth time, Favre may have had his last really good year. Since I already have Favre, I didn't want to add another guy at that spot. Toomer is old and he could retire, but he really seems like a favorite of Eli's, so he does have some upside even though he's older, and he's also Plaxico's backup.

McDonald is certainly headed for a drop in production from his WR21 (79 rec, 943 yards, 6 TDs) finish this year, but he stood out given the fact he was drafted almost 3 full rounds earlier in WSL1. As long as he remains the slot WR with the beasts on the outside drawing lots of attention, he should do alright for this draft spot no matter who is coaching the offense.

Sorry for the hold up guys. Travelling on biz and just got in. Just need maybe 15-20 minutes to catch up and make a pick.

radballs stole my pick

10.13 WR Bryant Johnson, ARI

I overvalue him, but I see him as one of the best #3 wideouts, and I guess there is a small chance that Fitz gets moved with his huge salary number.

PMing OM.

radballs stole my pick10.13 WR Bryant Johnson, ARII overvalue him, but I see him as one of the best #3 wideouts, and I guess there is a small chance that Fitz gets moved with his huge salary number.PMing OM.
IIRC BJ is a FA.
Yes he is. I hope that he lands in a locale that gives him a shot at increased playing time and targets. Philly, Tampa Bay, Cincinatti, or St. Louis might be nice (assuming Chad J and Bruce are gone).What do you experts here about BJ?

After plenty of thefts this round, at least I have a solid RB starter choice....

To close the first half of WSL2, I take:

10.16 Warrick Dunn, RB, Atlanta Falcons

Now to think on that next one....

Ok. I'll risk it because I think he will be the #2 this year in St. Louis.

11.01 Drew Bennett, WR, St. Louis Rams

Halfway home:

Through 10 rounds (160 picks)

QBs - 28

RBs - 48

WRs - 65

TEs - 19

K - 0

D - 0

First defense clocks in just after the midpoint.....

Given the uncertainty of my last pick...

11.04 WR Steve Smith, NYG

Any chance Toomer moves on?

I'll take:

RB Ladell Betts

my team so far

QB - Hasselbeck

RB - Portis, McFadden, Fargas, Betts

WR - Marshall, R.Brown, Walter, Clayton, McDonald

TE - Witten

Last edited by a moderator:
A reminder to be certain to PM whomever is next. We have <10 rounds, so if we keep good contact and keep checking in, there won't be any issues (except maybe Sunday).

A reminder to be certain to PM whomever is next. We have <10 rounds, so if we keep good contact and keep checking in, there won't be any issues (except maybe Sunday).
This is a WSL...let's turn the clock off for Sunday
I'm on board with that, we didn't do much of anything last weekend.I'd hope we get to Round 16 or so by Saturday and finish next week. I'm fine with the weekend off even, as long was we continue to press on. I'll still check in and pick, but I don't want it to lag in the final 4-5 rounds either. We should be done next week no matter what.

11.13 Lorenzo Booker RB MIA

Will PM

Edited: Pick number....

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread