What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Best Board Games (2 Viewers)

I have somehow missed this thread till now. What would be a few fun games to get designed for 2-4 people and also 5+? We play a lot of clue and killer bunnies.. The games can be card or board and dont have to be a specific style. I'm just looking for some thoughts since we all enjoy board games but don't have very many.

Smoo is spot on with his recommendations of Dust and Dominion. :popcorn:
Also, while I do love Dominion, I've chosen to embrace Thunderstone as my game of choice in this genre. Purely for thematic reasons. I've always been a big D&D nerd at heart, so Thunderstone grabs my attention in a way Dominion never could.But Dominion is still the game I'd always recommend to new gamers.
My gaming friends and I have been playing Dominion (and its four expansions) virtually every weekend for the past year. It hits all the right niches for us: simple to learn; expandable beyond four players; wife-friendly; quick -- 30 minutes or less per game; almost infinitely replayable without repeating the exact same game.Will give Thunderstone a secnd look, though I'm holding out for another upcoming game from Alderac -- Nightfall!

We still fall back on Settlers/Seafarers of Catan once a month or so, using a few house rules that make it a bit more exciting. And we've been playing 7 Wonders regularly since it arrived last month.

On those weekends when the wives opt out of a gaming session, we go with Fury of Dracula, Arkham Horror, Cosmic Encounters or Battlestar Galactica.
I got Dominion this past Christmas for my kids. We opened it up and I tried to look at the rulebook, which was like 35 pages long, and pretty friggen complicated. I was flabbergasted, put the game away, and never picked it up again. Should I give it another go? Can somebody give me a cliff-notes of the rules?Should I dust it off.
Absolutely. Dominion is a fantastic game and isn't that difficult to learn either. In fact, you won't have to read the majority of those rules at first. Also, as much as I enjoy Dominion and Settlers, the game Seven Wonders beats them all, IMO.

Also, while I do love Dominion, I've chosen to embrace Thunderstone as my game of choice in this genre. Purely for thematic reasons. I've always been a big D&D nerd at heart, so Thunderstone grabs my attention in a way Dominion never could.But Dominion is still the game I'd always recommend to new gamers.
My gaming friends and I have been playing Dominion (and its four expansions) virtually every weekend for the past year. It hits all the right niches for us: simple to learn; expandable beyond four players; wife-friendly; quick -- 30 minutes or less per game; almost infinitely replayable without repeating the exact same game.Will give Thunderstone a secnd look, though I'm holding out for another upcoming game from Alderac -- Nightfall!

We still fall back on Settlers/Seafarers of Catan once a month or so, using a few house rules that make it a bit more exciting. And we've been playing 7 Wonders regularly since it arrived last month.

On those weekends when the wives opt out of a gaming session, we go with Fury of Dracula, Arkham Horror, Cosmic Encounters or Battlestar Galactica.
I got Dominion this past Christmas for my kids. We opened it up and I tried to look at the rulebook, which was like 35 pages long, and pretty friggen complicated. I was flabbergasted, put the game away, and never picked it up again. Should I give it another go? Can somebody give me a cliff-notes of the rules?

Should I dust it off.
Absolutely. Dominion is a fantastic game and isn't that difficult to learn either. In fact, you won't have to read the majority of those rules at first. Also, as much as I enjoy Dominion and Settlers, the game Seven Wonders beats them all, IMO.
Just sucks its not for 2 players.

I got Dominion this past Christmas for my kids. We opened it up and I tried to look at the rulebook, which was like 35 pages long, and pretty friggen complicated. I was flabbergasted, put the game away, and never picked it up again. Should I give it another go? Can somebody give me a cliff-notes of the rules?

Should I dust it off.
Just sucks its not for 2 players.
You actually can play it with 2 players with a slight variation that is included. But definitely better with 3-7.

So, the wife and I are really getting into the more "modern" board games. GB having a hot wife who loves sports, sex all the time, and loves board games...we've spent the better part of a week over at BGG reading up on games and watching review videos.

We went a little nuts the other day and bought the following (all off of Amazon, save for the first one, which was eBay):

BattleLore and 3 expansions (Goblin Skirmishers, Marauders, and Call to Arms)

Twilight Struggle

Memoir '44

Dominon

Nightfall

Descent: Journeys in the Dark

San Juan

Mage Knight

We already had Arkham Horror and Carcassonne.

Should be a fun winter!

So, the wife and I are really getting into the more "modern" board games. GB having a hot wife who loves sports, sex all the time, and loves board games...we've spent the better part of a week over at BGG reading up on games and watching review videos.We went a little nuts the other day and bought the following (all off of Amazon, save for the first one, which was eBay):BattleLore and 3 expansions (Goblin Skirmishers, Marauders, and Call to Arms)Twilight StruggleMemoir '44DominonNightfallDescent: Journeys in the DarkSan JuanMage KnightWe already had Arkham Horror and Carcassonne.Should be a fun winter!
Hope you mean Descent 2ed. Just came out.You might look into Pandemic as well. Co-op game that's pretty fun.I went to GenCon this year and saw one game called Balance of Power. Basically Risk but with the dice removed and replaced with a paper-rock-scissors mechanic that was fun.

Picked up Tsuro for a good price (it has been OOP) and played it tonight with the family. Great little 15 minute game. Great component quality.

One of those "super easy, super deep" games that has so much more than meets the eye. Needless to say, my 7 year old put me out and loved every second of it.

:blackdot:

Played a fun game caled COSMIC ENCOUNTER last night.
Definitely a great game that is very accessible, easy enough to play that you don't have to be a board game :nerd: to enjoy it; I definitely recommend it for mixed company as well as for hardcore gamers. A true classic!I've owned the Avalon Hill version for over 10 years (and around 100 other board games because I'm a true boardgame geek) :bag:

Anyways, I broke mine out on Saturday evening to introduce it to my son (15) and daughter (14), who aren't as in to boardgames as I am, because they were bored and were willing to humor their old man by spending some time together trying out a game we hadn't played previously.

They couldn't get enough and have been asking me when are we going to play it again!

There are several versions of this game and the Avalon Hill version has the prettiest and highest quality components, but it is also the most stripped down version (fewer cards, maxes out at 4 players, and only has 20 different alien races). It is also currently out of print, although if you look around you can probably pick up a used copy for $20-$30. However if you are a huge fan of the game and want to be able to accomodate more players and have a wider selection of alien races, then the more recent Fantasy Flight Games version is still in print (costs around $40) and has a whopping 50 alien races to choose from.

Last edited by a moderator:
Others I highly recommend that are easy to teach your non-gaming friends and family members:

Ticket to Ride (America 1910 and Europe are my favorite versions)

Stone Age (beautiful high quality components and one of the best 'worker placement' games around-great for newbies and hardcore gamers alike)

Bohnanza

Loot

Carcassone (Hunters & Gatherers is my favorite stand-alone version and plays faster than other versions/expansions to the base game)

Saboteur

The Resistance

Bang!

Niagara

Rumis

Citadels

Pandemic (if you have kids then Forbidden Island is a stripped down version by the same game designer with a theme and components well suited for children if you want a cooperative gaming experience)

Dixit (nice party game that's nice departure from trivia games, apples to apples, etc.)

Others I highly recommend that are easy to teach your non-gaming friends and family members:Ticket to Ride (America 1910 and Europe are my favorite versions)Stone Age (beautiful high quality components and one of the best 'worker placement' games around-great for newbies and hardcore gamers alike)BohnanzaLootCarcassone (Hunters & Gatherers is my favorite stand-alone version and plays faster than other versions/expansions to the base game)SaboteurThe ResistanceBang!NiagaraRumisCitadelsPandemic (if you have kids then Forbidden Island is a stripped down version by the same game designer with a theme and components well suited for children if you want a cooperative gaming experience)Dixit (nice party game that's nice departure from trivia games, apples to apples, etc.)
I like the cut of your jib. :thumbup:

Anybody have a copy of Dungeon or Clue: Master Detective that they would like to sell (not for a ridiculous price)?

Anybody have a copy of Dungeon or Clue: Master Detective that they would like to sell (not for a ridiculous price)?
I heard that they're making (or have made) a new version of Dungeon...

Yup, found it:

My link

On another note, we were able to land a copy of 1st Edition Descent: Journeys in the Dark, in great condition, for $36! :happydance:

Are there any good strategy games for fleet combat, either traditional or space-based?

Are there any good strategy games for fleet combat, either traditional or space-based?
Take a look at Leviathans by Catalyst Game Labs. Other than that, maybe Dreadfleet by Games Workshop. Not quite fleet combat, but the new XWing by Fantasy Flight might scratch that itch. X Wing is great fun.

I am sure I am missing a bunch but,Space Combat:Star Wars: X-wing Miniatures just came outStarfleet BattlesFederation CommanderBattleship GalaxiesStar Trek Fleet CaptainsSpace Empire Building:EclipseSpace Empires: 4XTwilight Imperium 3rd EditionEmpires of the VoidTraditional - are you more interested in ancient, classical, or modern?

Take a look at Leviathans by Catalyst Game Labs. Other than that, maybe Dreadfleet by Games Workshop. Not quite fleet combat, but the new XWing by Fantasy Flight might scratch that itch. X Wing is great fun.
I remember this game as a kid called Carrier Strike or some such. You had a few carriers and each one had planes to launch, etc. The planes could launch torpedos, Zeros could intercept, etc. I am wondering for something similar for me and my son, but updated a bit perhaps.

I am sure I am missing a bunch but,Space Combat:Star Wars: X-wing Miniatures just came outStarfleet BattlesFederation CommanderBattleship GalaxiesStar Trek Fleet CaptainsSpace Empire Building:EclipseSpace Empires: 4XTwilight Imperium 3rd EditionEmpires of the VoidTraditional - are you more interested in ancient, classical, or modern?
WW2 era or space really.

I remember this game as a kid called Carrier Strike or some such. You had a few carriers and each one had planes to launch, etc. The planes could launch torpedos, Zeros could intercept, etc. I am wondering for something similar for me and my son, but updated a bit perhaps.
This one? http://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/2444/carrier-strike

I am sure I am missing a bunch but,Space Combat:

Star Wars: X-wing Miniatures just came out

Starfleet Battles

Federation Commander

Battleship Galaxies

Star Trek Fleet Captains

Space Empire Building:

Eclipse

Space Empires: 4X

Twilight Imperium 3rd Edition

Empires of the Void

Traditional - are you more interested in ancient, classical, or modern?
WW2 era or space really.
Broadway G included it in his list, but since you are looking for something to play with your son I would start with
.Easy enough to introduce to your kid, won't take all day to play, versatile enough to create your own scenarios, and just really freakin' awesome production value all for less than $50 at Amazon.

This one? http://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/2444/carrier-strike
Yep, good times. Good times.
I am sure I am missing a bunch but,Space Combat:

Star Wars: X-wing Miniatures just came out

Starfleet Battles

Federation Commander

Battleship Galaxies

Star Trek Fleet Captains

Space Empire Building:

Eclipse

Space Empires: 4X

Twilight Imperium 3rd Edition

Empires of the Void

Traditional - are you more interested in ancient, classical, or modern?
WW2 era or space really.
Broadway G included it in his list, but since you are looking for something to play with your son I would start with
Ordered it, will be here Thursday. Any other suggestions? TSR used to make a SciFi RPG called Star Frontiers, and it had a space combat game played with pieces on a mat. Each ship had a sheet tracking damage, missiles remaining, etc. Good stuff. Anything similar to that?

Ordered it, will be here Thursday. Any other suggestions? TSR used to make a SciFi RPG called Star Frontiers, and it had a space combat game played with pieces on a mat. Each ship had a sheet tracking damage, missiles remaining, etc. Good stuff. Anything similar to that?
I think Traveller had a space combat component to it.Also not space combat, but you might start looking into Battletech. You might be able to get the old clix version (called Mechwarrior Dark Age) for cheap.

Hey, I didn't know we had a board games thread! :blackdot:And this is a much more appropriate place to post the Kickstarter link to the game a friend of mine is trying to get produced:http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1231159621/the-perfect-heist-a-board-game-for-3-to-6-friends

"The Perfect Heist" is a cooperative/competitive board game based on the heist movie genre. I designed it to capture the excitement and challenge of pulling together a handpicked crew of professionals to pull off epic heists. To win, you must convince your friends—those gunmen, con men, getaway drivers, and grizzled vets who are "getting too old for this"—to join your crew and take on increasingly more difficult jobs ranging from boosting cars to nicking top secret documents and biological weapons.But even as you need their expertise to chase the big scores and make a name for yourself, don't think for a second they're doing you any favors. They are trying to win, too! And they may double-cross you any chance they get to steal the loot for themselves. Only the most notorious mastermind can win.

WW2 era or space really.
Have you tried Midway? I'm not sure if it's still in print. Probably is or can be found without too much trouble.

Star Frontiers Knight Hawks was the starship sim. Man, I wish I could find something like that. . . :( I did find an endeavor that was started on kickstarter to be called Quantum Expanse that is set to release in October that looks interesting.

Yup, found it:

My link

On another note, we were able to land a copy of 1st Edition Descent: Journeys in the Dark, in great condition, for $36! :happydance:
Sweet! Now I just have to figure out a place that is allowing pre-orders. :hifive: Picked up Ticket to Ride yesterday, when I passed a hobby shop on my way to a work event in Bowling Green, KY. Looking forward to playing it this weekend. Everything I have heard about it was good.

ETA - Preordered for a good price at coolstuffinc.com. :clap:

Yup, found it:

My link

Sweet! Now I just have to figure out a place that is allowing pre-orders. :hifive: Picked up Ticket to Ride yesterday, when I passed a hobby shop on my way to a work event in Bowling Green, KY. Looking forward to playing it this weekend. Everything I have heard about it was good.

If you have the basic USA version of Ticket to Ride then pop an extra $10-$15 for the
. It replaces all those tiny cards that are too small to shuffle and doubles the number of routes that you can use. Trust me if you enjoy the game out of the box, having full sized cards and 39 additional routes will be money well spent indeed...

Yup, found it:

My link

If you have the basic USA version of Ticket to Ride then pop an extra $10-$15 for the
Thanks for the heads up. I actually got a cramp in my hand trying to shuffle those little cards yesterday.

For those looking for a place to buy games, I can't recommend Time Well Spent enough. It helps that they're local here in Denver, but they ship everywhere and they're as cheap (usually) as Amazon and such. Plus, he's a really good guy.

Wife and I are about to start a game of Descent (2nd Ed.) momentarily. :popcorn:

'dancer said:
What's the best board games that 1) can play with 10-yr-olds and 2) can finish game in 30-60 minutes?
A lot really depends upon what type of game(s) you're looking for and that you think your family will enjoy. Some games are equally great as a family game or with a group of adults. Some games are cooperative, some are more or less player interactive, some have strong theme elements that add to the enjoyment depending upon what you and your kids like. Ticket to Ride will definitely push the time envelope but is a feast for the eyes, simple to learn/play, and equally entertaining for adults and families. It's one of the games I introduced early on to my kids. Niagara is another beautiful game that isn't quite as universally appealing as Ticket, but kids will get a real kick out of watching canoes roll down the river and descend over Niagara Falls (uses clear discs to simulate the river inlaid into a 3-D contoured board laid atop the box top and bottom to simulate rapids and allows canoes to travel downstream and often very literally take the ultimate plunge).

However, some other games that have very entertaining themes include King of Tokyo (giant godzilla type monsters running amok and fighting to become king of the hill Tokyo ), Forbidden island (cooperative game where you are racing against time and working together to find all of the treasure and escape from a sinking island), Fearsome Floors where you are trying to play hide and seek and escape from a scary monster who will eat your people. These are all games with VERY strong thematic elements that may appeal to your kids.

Here are several fun family games for your age group + anticipated playing time (although until you really get to know a game - double the time)

King of Tokyo - 30 minutes (especially if you have boys is a fun and fast game where the monster battle theme is a guaranteed winner)

Loot - 20 minutes (only about $10 fast fun easy to play card game with a cool pirate theme)

Hey That's My Fish - 20 minutes (might be a bit too youngish for 10 year olds, but very easy to learn abstract strategy game)

Ticket to Ride - 45 to 60 minutes (universal appeal and is a great gateway game for kids and adults alike)

Fearsome Floors - 60 minutes (Tense game and if the kids are going to get upset/scared with monster chasing and eating their people - might want to avoid)

Niagara - 45 minutes (beautiful game kids will like as much for aesthetic value, but I've found to be polarizing with adults)

Around the World in 80 Days - 60 minutes (Traditional move around the board start to finish type game with enough bells and whistles to be fun for adults too)

Bohnanza - 45 minutes (card game where you are constantly interacting trading cards - NO DOWN TIME - which is really cool and keeps everyone involved)

Manhattan- 45 minutes (cool 3d building skyscrapers with your building blocks but more than enough strategy to entertain adults as well as kids)

Saboteur - 30 minutes (fast and fun cooperative/traitor card game where you lay out a tunnel path to reach the gold)

Forbidden Island - 30 minutes (100% cooperative, very easy, very tense, hard to beat the game, but this theme shines especially with girls)

Castle Panic - 60 minutes (100% cooperative, hard to beat the game, kill D & D type monsters before they overrun your castle, better theme for boys and those of us who like to kill orcs, trolls, etc.)

If time is the biggest factor for you, then I recommend Loot, Saboteur, King of Tokyo, and Forbidden Island.

If you get Ticket to Ride, be sure to get the 1910 Expansion which provides full-sized cards and increases the number of routes you can build from 30 to 69. Best expansion to a game Evah (but it's so essential that it ought to come with the game in the first place IMO).

This is by no means a comprehensive list and there are tons of games I've left out that are also great family games, like Carcassone, Settlers of Cataan, and a few others that have a HUGE following. I recommend checking out boardgamegeek.com before you make a purchase, as you can find reviews, videos, and lots of other details that will help you in making the best decision(s).

Good Luck!

Have Battleship Galaxies and Memoir 44 in my possession. Should be playing my son a bit tonight. Found a pdf of the Knight Hawks rules and counters, so I might even give that a try as well. :nerd:

'dancer said:
What's the best board games that 1) can play with 10-yr-olds and 2) can finish game in 30-60 minutes?
Castle Panic is a good one as mentioned above (Ticket to Ride is great, as well). Tsuro is a 15 minute game and can handle multiple players.

I also recommend Galaxy Trucker, as it has three rounds and each round is self contained - loads of fun, too.

Oh, and Carcassonne is another good one.

Have Battleship Galaxies and Memoir 44 in my possession. Should be playing my son a bit tonight. Found a pdf of the Knight Hawks rules and counters, so I might even give that a try as well. :nerd:
Please report back - can't wait to hear your about your experiences, particularly with Battleship Galaxies.

Just order this on Ebay. Played it a ton when I was a kid and loved it. Hope my son will like it.

3M Baseball
Fixed link.
We had a game called NFL Quarterback, I believe. You called an offensive play, the defense called a play, and based on the holes in the defense card, it showed outcomes. You then spun a wheel to tell you what happened for yardage, etc. Fun game.
Sounds like NFL Strategy - Tudor. Good stuff. Its predecessor was called Foto-Football by Cadaco. You put the offensive play down and the defensive set over it - turned on the light and saw where the offensive player touched a defensive guy (tackled).NFL Strategy

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-VINTAGE-1970-NATIONAL-FOOTBALL-LEAGUE-STRATEGY-GAME-MODEL-100-NOS-/261103271333?pt=Games_US&hash=item3ccaf7bda5

Foto-Electric Football

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Foto-Electric-Football-game-1965-good-condition-/271066925088?_trksid=p4340.m1982&_trkparms=aid%3D333005%26algo%3DRIC.FIT%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D112%26meid%3D2400191727663497737%26pid%3D100009%26prg%3D1064%26rk%3D4%26sd%3D271055098377%26

Just order this on Ebay. Played it a ton when I was a kid and loved it. Hope my son will like it.

3M Baseball
Fixed link.
We had a game called NFL Quarterback, I believe. You called an offensive play, the defense called a play, and based on the holes in the defense card, it showed outcomes. You then spun a wheel to tell you what happened for yardage, etc. Fun game.
Sounds like NFL Strategy - Tudor. Good stuff. Its predecessor was called Foto-Football by Cadaco. You put the offensive play down and the defensive set over it - turned on the light and saw where the offensive player touched a defensive guy (tackled).NFL Strategy

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-VINTAGE-1970-NATIONAL-FOOTBALL-LEAGUE-STRATEGY-GAME-MODEL-100-NOS-/261103271333?pt=Games_US&hash=item3ccaf7bda5

Foto-Electric Football

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Foto-Electric-Football-game-1965-good-condition-/271066925088?_trksid=p4340.m1982&_trkparms=aid%3D333005%26algo%3DRIC.FIT%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D112%26meid%3D2400191727663497737%26pid%3D100009%26prg%3D1064%26rk%3D4%26sd%3D271055098377%26
Nope.NFL Quarterback

A lot really depends upon what type of game(s) you're looking for and that you think your family will enjoy. Some games are equally great as a family game or with a group of adults. Some games are cooperative, some are more or less player interactive, some have strong theme elements that add to the enjoyment depending upon what you and your kids like. Ticket to Ride will definitely push the time envelope but is a feast for the eyes, simple to learn/play, and equally entertaining for adults and families. It's one of the games I introduced early on to my kids. Niagara is another beautiful game that isn't quite as universally appealing as Ticket, but kids will get a real kick out of watching canoes roll down the river and descend over Niagara Falls (uses clear discs to simulate the river inlaid into a 3-D contoured board laid atop the box top and bottom to simulate rapids and allows canoes to travel downstream and often very literally take the ultimate plunge).

However, some other games that have very entertaining themes include King of Tokyo (giant godzilla type monsters running amok and fighting to become king of the hill Tokyo ), Forbidden island (cooperative game where you are racing against time and working together to find all of the treasure and escape from a sinking island), Fearsome Floors where you are trying to play hide and seek and escape from a scary monster who will eat your people. These are all games with VERY strong thematic elements that may appeal to your kids.

Here are several fun family games for your age group + anticipated playing time (although until you really get to know a game - double the time)

King of Tokyo - 30 minutes (especially if you have boys is a fun and fast game where the monster battle theme is a guaranteed winner)

Loot - 20 minutes (only about $10 fast fun easy to play card game with a cool pirate theme)

Hey That's My Fish - 20 minutes (might be a bit too youngish for 10 year olds, but very easy to learn abstract strategy game)

Ticket to Ride - 45 to 60 minutes (universal appeal and is a great gateway game for kids and adults alike)

Fearsome Floors - 60 minutes (Tense game and if the kids are going to get upset/scared with monster chasing and eating their people - might want to avoid)

Niagara - 45 minutes (beautiful game kids will like as much for aesthetic value, but I've found to be polarizing with adults)

Around the World in 80 Days - 60 minutes (Traditional move around the board start to finish type game with enough bells and whistles to be fun for adults too)

Bohnanza - 45 minutes (card game where you are constantly interacting trading cards - NO DOWN TIME - which is really cool and keeps everyone involved)

Manhattan- 45 minutes (cool 3d building skyscrapers with your building blocks but more than enough strategy to entertain adults as well as kids)

Saboteur - 30 minutes (fast and fun cooperative/traitor card game where you lay out a tunnel path to reach the gold)

Forbidden Island - 30 minutes (100% cooperative, very easy, very tense, hard to beat the game, but this theme shines especially with girls)

Castle Panic - 60 minutes (100% cooperative, hard to beat the game, kill D & D type monsters before they overrun your castle, better theme for boys and those of us who like to kill orcs, trolls, etc.)

If time is the biggest factor for you, then I recommend Loot, Saboteur, King of Tokyo, and Forbidden Island.

If you get Ticket to Ride, be sure to get the 1910 Expansion which provides full-sized cards and increases the number of routes you can build from 30 to 69. Best expansion to a game Evah (but it's so essential that it ought to come with the game in the first place IMO).

This is by no means a comprehensive list and there are tons of games I've left out that are also great family games, like Carcassone, Settlers of Cataan, and a few others that have a HUGE following. I recommend checking out boardgamegeek.com before you make a purchase, as you can find reviews, videos, and lots of other details that will help you in making the best decision(s).

Good Luck!
Thanks for the info. We gave Forbidden Island a try and that worked out great - the kids really like the idea of a game where we work together, so there are no winners and losers. I plan to give Castle Panic a try as well, I think that theme would work well - family is into fantasy in general, having been through all of Harry Potter and now reading LOTR. What other co-operative games can you recommend?

Please report back - can't wait to hear your about your experiences, particularly with Battleship Galaxies.
We played a game of the simple version without the tactics cards to get a handle on gameplay and such. Seems like it will be a fun game. Will have to see how the cards play into it all after a few games.

Yup, found it:

My link

This dropped yesterday, if anyone else wants to get this at $12.99. My copy will arrive tomorrow. Hope it's as good as the 80's version.

I got King of Tokyo and Ticket to Ride for my family as my annual games. We have 3 kids - 16, 12 and 8. All of us enjoyed both very much and the 8 yr old was just fine in both, though needed some help here and there.

Users who are viewing this thread