Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
firecrackerfreakshow

Vasectomy in the AM...

Recommended Posts

9 hours ago, STEADYMOBBIN 22 said:

So did not one of you in 23 pages of this thread  have had a bad experience with this?

 

Do any of you that I have this done have any advice for my friend? Tomorrow will be 13 days since he had his surgery and he can barely talk. He says it’s the most miserable pain he’s ever had in his whole life. He wishes he could reverse it.

 

Again, maybe I missed the joke but this isnt stick. He’s in a world of pain right now

He needs to go back to his doctor asap. That's not normal.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, ChiefD said:

He needs to go back to his doctor asap. That's not normal.

He’s headed there today. Personally, I would’ve been sitting in their office several days ago but they told him he couldn’t get an appointment until now. F that noise

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/3/2018 at 11:21 PM, flapgreen said:

Going at it a week after the procedure? Wtf. Forget that ####. 

I think we made it 5 days. :coffee:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Worm said:

I think we made it 5 days. :coffee:

I wasn't even considering it for a long while. But I'm not surprised by the studs in here. Any pulling at the stitches was out of the question for me. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So um....

2.   Will there be any long-lasting pain from vasectomy?

Some men report having chronic pain or discomfort in the scrotum or #### that can last from 1 to 5 years or more after a vasectomy. In the largest studies, involving several thousand men, less than 1% reported pain in the scrotum or #### that had to be treated with surgery. In smaller studies, of about 200 men, as many as 6% reported severe pain in the scrotum or #### more than 3 years after the vasectomy. In a similar group of men who did not have vasectomies, however, 2% reported similar pain. Few men with severe pain say that they regret having the vasectomy. The cause of the pain is unknown. It may result from pressure caused by the build-up of sperm that has leaked from an improperly sealed or tied vas deferens, or from nerve damage. Treatment includes elevating the scrotum and taking pain relievers. An anesthetic can be injected into the spermatic cord to numb the nerves to the ####. Some providers report that surgery to remove the painful site or reversing the vasectomy relieves the pain. Severe, long-lasting pain following vasectomy is uncommon, but all men considering a vasectomy should be told about this risk.

[\quote]

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, STEADYMOBBIN 22 said:

So um....

 

Yep, that’s why I’m out.  My doctor said I was more sensitive in that area and the risk of PBP (permanent ball pain) is greater.  Pass

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, STEADYMOBBIN 22 said:

So um....

 

Yep, that’s why I’m out.  My doctor said I was more sensitive in that area and the risk of PBP (permanent ball pain) is greater.  Pass

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

48 hours.  Probably shouldn't have read the last few pages here.  Will be able to watch NCAA all weekend, though. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Leeroy Jenkins said:

So um I am back on schedule for this friday. 

Good luck! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Went as well as possible. The procedure went really fast without much pain during the injections and I didn’t feel any tugging. 

Stayed in bed all day friday and Saturday mostly with ice and Tylenol. But I haven’t had much pain or discomfort at all (don’t tell my wife). 

I was up and around today but nothing too crazy. Helped put groceries away, Cooked dinner, did the dishes and got my bag ready for work tomorrow. Probably on my feet too much as I now have a little aching and pain on the right side and groin area, but not bad at all. 

Hopefully it worked!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Leeroy Jenkins said:

got my bag ready for work tomorrow. 

Hope you gave it a good pep talk and some snug undies. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How long did you guys still have tenderness?  I am 3 weeks out and have no pain unless I dont wear tight underwear (end of the day a little tender) or if my kids graze one of the boys. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Leeroy Jenkins said:

How long did you guys still have tenderness?  I am 3 weeks out and have no pain unless I dont wear tight underwear (end of the day a little tender) or if my kids graze one of the boys. 

My recollection was tender for a week and then just kind of odd sensation for another couple of weeks when in use 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Otis said:

Gotta schedule this. Ugh. 

Best to shave yourself.  Don't let the tech do it.   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Leeroy Jenkins said:

It was like getting a cavity filled. Not bad at all really. 

I’m not sure they did it right.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just had mine done on Thursday. Shots were definitely the worst part of the actual procedure. Had to get a second local on the left side though. 

The sensation during the procedure was weird. Wife was in the room with me and said after that she started to get light headed lol.

Recovery hasn't been too bad, just that kicked in the balls feeling every so often. Took two days off from work but back at it tomorrow. I'm a loan officer so shouldn't have any issues. 

Hoping the "in use" sensation isn't still a thing when we go to Vegas in mid December 🤞🤞 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Got it done today. Local anesthetic didn’t work well at all despite two attempts to numb (I have the ginger “superpower.”)  One of the more painful experiences of my life but at least it was quick.  
 

Stayed in bed except for going to the door to get delivery food.  Should have sent someone else to the door, as I ended up in some strong discomfort and swollen very quickly from being on my feet.  Other than that quite hopeful that this will go reasonably well from here on out.  

Edited by Henry Ford

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Henry Ford said:

Got it done today. Local anesthetic didn’t work well at all despite two attempts to numb (I have the ginger “superpower.”)  One of the more painful experiences of my life but at least it was quick.  
 

Stayed in bed except for going to the door to get delivery food.  Should have sent someone else to the door, as I ended up in some strong discomfort and swollen very quickly from being on my feet.  Other than that quite hopeful that this will go reasonably well from here on out.  

Did you take a valium before the procedure? I took a valium before ubering over and had the no scalpel procedure and had minimal pain during and after. Good luck.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, SoBeDad said:

Did you take a valium before the procedure? I took a valium before ubering over and had the no scalpel procedure and had minimal pain during and after. Good luck.

I did. 10mg.

Left side, no problems at all today. Right side feels like someone’s grabbing and twisting every time it shifts a millimeter. 

Edited by Henry Ford
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, SoBeDad said:

Did you take a valium before the procedure? I took a valium before ubering over and had the no scalpel procedure and had minimal pain during and after. Good luck.

What’s the no scalpel procedure? What do they use, needles? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, Beef Ravioli said:

What’s the no scalpel procedure? What do they use, needles? 

Instead of scalpel incisions, a clamp is used to grasp the vas deferens and an instrument is used to  make a hole which allows the doc to pull the tube outside and tie or cut them. They call it no needle, no scalpel, because the instrument that makes the hole isn't a needle. I thought the same hole was used for each vas deferens but I'm not sure.

An animation: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ROEMfjqo9VM

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, SoBeDad said:

Instead of scalpel incisions, a clamp is used to grasp the vas deferens and an instrument is used to  make a hole which allows the doc to pull the tube outside and tie or cut them. They call it no needle, no scalpel, because the instrument that makes the hole isn't a needle. I thought the same hole was used for each vas deferens but I'm not sure.

An animation: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ROEMfjqo9VM

 

Either way (traditional or no scalpel) makes me 🤢

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Beef Ravioli said:

Either way (traditional or no scalpel) makes me 🤢

Yes, but better than an unplanned pregnancy. I had very little pain during and after. Surgery on Friday and normal routine by Monday.  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not really concerned but since there’s a whole thread of people who have been through this...

As I said earlier, left side is fine. No complaints at all. 
 

Right side really feels like there’s an ice pick in there.  Honestly hurts worse constantly than the moment he pulled and cut, which I could feel completely.  I’m sure it’s just from swelling, etc... but on the off chance someone can completely put my mind at ease, anyone have this experience? Blinding near-constant pain on one side, the other just fine?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Henry Ford said:

Not really concerned but since there’s a whole thread of people who have been through this...

As I said earlier, left side is fine. No complaints at all. 
 

Right side really feels like there’s an ice pick in there.  Honestly hurts worse constantly than the moment he pulled and cut, which I could feel completely.  I’m sure it’s just from swelling, etc... but on the off chance someone can completely put my mind at ease, anyone have this experience? Blinding near-constant pain on one side, the other just fine?

You need to go back. He left his wedding ring in there.

On a serious note, it was probably just a lamp he left in.

ok, totally serious note now. No fooling. I couldn’t help myself and I apologize. It was probably his watch.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Cold Dead Hands said:

You need to go back. He left his wedding ring in there.

On a serious note, it was probably just a lamp he left in.

ok, totally serious note now. No fooling. I couldn’t help myself and I apologize. It was probably his watch.

I appreciate your assumption as to the size of my sack. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Henry Ford said:

Not really concerned but since there’s a whole thread of people who have been through this...

As I said earlier, left side is fine. No complaints at all. 
 

Right side really feels like there’s an ice pick in there.  Honestly hurts worse constantly than the moment he pulled and cut, which I could feel completely.  I’m sure it’s just from swelling, etc... but on the off chance someone can completely put my mind at ease, anyone have this experience? Blinding near-constant pain on one side, the other just fine?

Is this only when you move?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Henry Ford said:

Not really concerned but since there’s a whole thread of people who have been through this...

As I said earlier, left side is fine. No complaints at all. 
 

Right side really feels like there’s an ice pick in there.  Honestly hurts worse constantly than the moment he pulled and cut, which I could feel completely.  I’m sure it’s just from swelling, etc... but on the off chance someone can completely put my mind at ease, anyone have this experience? Blinding near-constant pain on one side, the other just fine?

Continue to ice and take your meds.  If not better by Monday I would just call their office and see what they say.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Leeroy Jenkins said:

Is this only when you move?

It’s unbearable when moving any faster than a sloth on slo-mo.  Constantly there, though, in the background. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, AAABatteries said:

Continue to ice and take your meds.  If not better by Monday I would just call their office and see what they say.

“Meds”?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The ice pick thing is really the best explanation I can think of. If you’ve ever impaled yourself with something, you know when you just freeze and it still hurts but not insanely painful but then if you move at all you can feel it like a fresh stabbing? It’s like that. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Have been planning to do this. Your postings here are giving me second thoughts. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, Otis said:

Have been planning to do this. Your postings here are giving me second thoughts. 

Don’t let them. 

Got a Pm from a fellow poster that completely alleviated my fears. Had the exact same issue, all much better within days.  Do it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Henry Ford said:

Don’t let them. 

Got a Pm from a fellow poster that completely alleviated my fears. Had the exact same issue, all much better within days.  Do it. 

I think it just all depends on how much tugging the doctor had to do. My left side I felt nothing and really had no pain afterwards at all unless I got grazed. The right side I could feel some pain/tugging and he gave me a little more of the shot. It was better but it still felt like he was pulling my hamstring even at times. My right side ended up being more painful than the left, but again, it wasn’t bad for me at all in the way you describe. 
 

the key really is to not get up for two days but for the bathroom. I kept the boys on ice almost that whole time as well even though the doc said after the first few hours icing won’t help swelling. I also only took Tylenol but I took it whenever allowable (4 or 6 hours; forget which). 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Leeroy Jenkins said:

I think it just all depends on how much tugging the doctor had to do. My left side I felt nothing and really had no pain afterwards at all unless I got grazed. The right side I could feel some pain/tugging and he gave me a little more of the shot. It was better but it still felt like he was pulling my hamstring even at times. My right side ended up being more painful than the left, but again, it wasn’t bad for me at all in the way you describe. 
 

the key really is to not get up for two days but for the bathroom. I kept the boys on ice almost that whole time as well even though the doc said after the first few hours icing won’t help swelling. I also only took Tylenol but I took it whenever allowable (4 or 6 hours; forget which). 

Oof.  That sounds wretched. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.