What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Vasectomy in the AM... (1 Viewer)

Did you see any smoke rising from your nether region when the tubes got sealed? 
I did not. I kept my eyes closed, trying to think happy thoughts. It seems my vas deferens is connected to my shoulder blade they way all the tugging felt.

I followed the advice on this thread to a T. This was quite a few years ago. Watched the NFL playoffs all weekend while on the couch with a bag of frozen peas. Wife was at my beck and call. 

Also, I highly recommend guilt-V sex. I had some the day of. She was on top of course and was gentle. Was quite nice. 

Snippy snip tomarrow morning, fam.

I'm going by myself so they won't allow me to have the valium :kicksrock:
No sweat at all, I didn’t bother taking the Valium and took it like a champ. No pain whatsoever. The most uncomfortable part was the attractive female assistant the doc had. She had me move “it” aside so she could brush my sack with that iodine stuff or whatever. It was not enjoyable for either of us I imagine.

Doesn't have to be in bed. I mean it was painful but not the end of the world. I just relaxed and vegged out. I'm married with 2 kids so that never happens. I took advantage. 
I have two boys (4 and 2) that I need to somehow manage to keep away from me and my balls. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Man, alot of wussies in here re: pain, and on the couch. I had the snip in the a.m. and got a tattoo in the afternoon. Yes, it was a SERIOUS man day that day.

No sweat at all, I didn’t bother taking the Valium and took it like a champ. No pain whatsoever. The most uncomfortable part was the attractive female assistant the doc had. She had me move “it” aside so she could brush my sack with that iodine stuff or whatever. It was not enjoyable for either of us I imagine.
Always check the date of the quote GB, I'm all good now  ;)

Looking back, it sucked for about 3 seconds. The shot of the local in each ball was the worst part. Kinda like getting a cavity filled.

That said, the first ejac kinda hurt.

So to prepare:

1. Buy bags of frozen peas

2. Buy briefs or jock strap — not boxer briefs or compression shorts

3. Clean yourself out all week to create less pressure

4. Manscape like a baby behind

5. Take the vallium

6. Aleve or what the doctor prescription is

7. Stay in bed but for necessities for 2-3 days

8. Binge watch and get babied. 

Got mine done last Wednesday.  My suggestions:

1. Make sure to stay on a rotation of icing your balls.  After the first day I decided I felt fine and didn't ice the next morning.  There was considerable swelling that afternoon (left nut was almost double the size).  Started icing again, and I'm back to a normal (albeit larger than average) size. #fbg

2. Definitely take it easy.  I overdid it a bit yesterday trying to get some yardwork done before football and had some extra pain last night.

The procedure itself was quick and painless.  The worst part of the procedure (besides the anticipation) was the shots they give you to numb you up but those weren't really any worse than a flu shot.  It was surprisingly quick and I was fine right after.  The pain didn't really start until the next day.

There is some bruising on the base of the shaft.  It's normal.

Two year olds are the exact wrong height.  Both standing, and if you're holding them.  Avoid two year olds, even if you have to punch them to keep them away.

Still having pain the Monday following a Wednesday procedure?

Mine is on a friday morning. Can I go to work monday?

what should I ask the doctor at my consultation next week?

By the sounds of it, most people are OK to work on Monday, but your results may vary.  I just had my procedure on Friday and I had to take Monday off.  I had some pretty intense discomfort on the left side during the procedure and am still dealing with left side (groin) pain, but it sounds as if this was not common.  A coworker said he had the EXACT issue, identical feeling during and after the procedure, he was out of work for 1 week and just getting back to normal 2 weeks later.  I'm back to work today but wish I wasn't.  Good luck.

I had very little pain on day 5 (Monday).

I would have been fine to work days 1, 2, and 3, but day 4 sucked for me (overdid it with yard work that morning).  I guess it depends what you do for a living.  I sit at a desk behind a computer all day.

My consultation was literally 5 minutes before the procedure.  The important thing I would ask is what specifically to look for as signs that there's something wrong and what to do in that situation.  My doc said there would be some swelling but I was not prepared for the amount of swelling and only on one side (lefty was about 2x normal size) and I ended up calling their weekend on-call for what was apparently was a non-issue.

My GB had this done last week and is still in pain. He actually went to the hospital yesterday. They just game him some morphine and sent him on his way. He can’t get to his urologist until Friday.

He says he gets a massive migraines with every erection. Anyone else experience this? 

TIA

Also, he’s officially scared me away from ever ever getting one. 

I'm good to go a week later.  Still a little bruising but no pain.  Had the wife take a test drive last night, everything performed as expected.

I'm good to go a week later.  Still a little bruising but no pain.  Had the wife take a test drive last night, everything performed as expected.
Hope you covered up or you'll end with a 3rd child you weren't planning on having. But still love anyway. Even though she wasn't planned. And even when the sex came 9 months after the procedure.

I've heard of that happening before.  :whistle:

Hope you covered up or you'll end with a 3rd child you weren't planning on having. But still love anyway. Even though she wasn't planned. And even when the sex came 9 months after the procedure.

The wife has not pulled the goalie yet (IUD).  I'll be testing like a mofo.  They gave me two cups to test (once at 8 weeks, once at 9).  Think they'll be upset when I roll in there on weeks 10-52 with a dixie cup?

Also, you deserve it.  #stillsaltyaboutMahomesonmondaynight

My insurance doesn't cover these, what are the costs associated? 

Pretty dumb on their part, I'm quite confident unplanned pregnancy costs >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> vasectomy costs

My insurance doesn't cover these, what are the costs associated? 

Pretty dumb on their part, I'm quite confident unplanned pregnancy costs >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> vasectomy costs
Mine was about $800.

My GB had this done last week and is still in pain. He actually went to the hospital yesterday. They just game him some morphine and sent him on his way. He can’t get to his urologist until Friday.

He says he gets a massive migraines with every erection. Anyone else experience this? 

TIA

Also, he’s officially scared me away from ever ever getting one. 
:lmao:

I’m assuming I missed a joke? 

From my buddy this this morning after I asked if he was feeling better:

Nahhh. I truly think I'm backed up so bad its what's causing me issues. I cant spew. It hurts my head so bad. This is the biggest Conundrum known to man. Reverse it, knock me out and extract it, give me 12 grams of morphine and suck it out while I'm unconscious......IDK

So did not one of you in 23 pages of this thread  have had a bad experience with this?

Do any of you that I have this done have any advice for my friend? Tomorrow will be 13 days since he had his surgery and he can barely talk. He says it’s the most miserable pain he’s ever had in his whole life. He wishes he could reverse it.

Again, maybe I missed the joke but this isnt stick. He’s in a world of pain right now

Users who are viewing this thread