What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

The Chris Johnson Hype machine (2 Viewers)

I'm dropping for smallwood, that line is atrocious right now.  It may improve once Iupati and Humphries get back, but who knows.....

I'm dropping for smallwood, that line is atrocious right now.  It may improve once Iupati and Humphries get back, but who knows.....
Cardinals GM Steve Keim said he is hopeful LG Mike Iupati (triceps) will return Week 4.

He said the same of LT D.J. Humphries (knee), and OG Alex Boone's pec injury is not believed to be serious. It is welcome news for an offensive line which struggled both in the running game and passing game Monday night. Boone has been playing left guard in Iupati's place, so Arizona will have to decide how to shuffle the line once both are healthy.
So the line should be back 100% for the game vs. the 49ers.

Last edited by a moderator:
You think he has more value then Smallwood? 0.5 ppr and desperate DJ owner. Only need a patch for one more week as I have Doug martin locked and loaded for week 5

That game was brutal last night. In a vacuum, no running game sets up better this week. ARI is -7 at home and SF is most susceptible on the ground, giving up the 7th most ppg to RBs in ppr. Can you even remotely trust CJ though? Probably not. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Struggling mightily to decide whether to drop Johnson (or Rawls) for Alex Collins.  I should probably drop Rawls but his ceiling is the highest.  Johnson's is the lowest IMO.

Cardinals GM Steve Keim said he is hopeful LG Mike Iupati (triceps) will return Week 4.

He said the same of LT D.J. Humphries (knee), and OG Alex Boone's pec injury is not believed to be serious. It is welcome news for an offensive line which struggled both in the running game and passing game Monday night. Boone has been playing left guard in Iupati's place, so Arizona will have to decide how to shuffle the line once both are healthy.
This de-escalated quickly.

http://www.azcentral.com/story/sports/nfl/cardinals/2017/09/29/arizona-cardinals-mike-iupati-bruce-arians-dj-humphries-robert-nkemdiche/718027001/

Left guard Mike Iupati needs surgery on his right arm and will be placed on injured reserve. Coach Bruce Arians said the recovery time is at least eight weeks. That makes it doubtful that Iupati will return this season.

During the open part of practice, Humphries was working on the side with an athletic trainer.

Earlier in the week, the Cardinals felt confident that Humphries would return this week. That confidence was gone by Friday, suggesting Humphries re-injured the knee during practice this week.

Iupati’s replacement, Alex Boone, suffered a pectoral muscle tear on Monday night and likely will miss two weeks, Arians said.

I was leaning towards starting CJ2K over J Stew due to the matchups. But dont think I can trust Arizona's offensive line anymore.

This o line news finally pushed me to drop Johnson and grab Collins. We know Johnson's ceiling is low these days. May as well aim higher.

Congrats to CJ. So many people thought he was a bad pick in the 1st round, but he ended up having a good NFL career.

Nashville will always remember that 2000-yard season where, in the last game, Fisher basically just gave him carry after carry after carry until he hit 2000.

I wish him well in his post-NFL life. :football:

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2020/04/09/report-court-records-accuse-chris-johnson-of-involvement-in-murder-for-hire-plot/

Report: Court records accuse Chris Johnson of involvement in murder-for-hire plot

Posted by Mike Florio on April 9, 2020, 10:18 AM EDT

The Tiger King could eventually have some company. (Unless he’s pardoned.)

TMZ.com reports that court documents accuse former NFL running back Chris Johnson in a murder-for-hire plot that resulted in the shooting deaths of two men in 2016.

Johnson hasn’t been charged with anything, and TMZ.com doesn’t explain the nature, type, or context of the court documents containing the allegations.

The incident traces back to March 2015, when Johnson was shot in the shoulder in what allegedly was a gang-related effort to kill him. In two separate incidents in 2016, the two men who were believed to be the shooters in March 2015 were shot and killed by Dominic Bolden, who as the apparent argument goes committed the crimes at Johnson ‘s behest.

Again, no charges have been filed, and TMZ.com provides no detail regarding the court documents in which the allegations appear. Johnson strongly denies the allegations, which deserves to be noted no matter how predictable the denial may be.

Johnson spent 10 seasons in the NFL with the Titans, Jets, and Cardinals. In 2009, he rushed for 2,006 yards, one of only seven players in league history to rush for more than 2,000 yards in a single season. Johnson currently ranks No. 35 on the all-time rushing list, with 9,561 yards.

Users who are viewing this thread