What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

LT is DONE as a top 3 RB (1 Viewer)

shader

Footballguy
Injury, age, too many carries.. I don't care.

If it's injury, he has no business being out there.

But right now LT looks slow and ineffective. He either needs to get benched for a month to heal up, or the writing is on the wall.

Either way, I think his days of top 3 status are done. Sorry to those of you that blew a number 1 pick on him this year.

He started slow last year and ended up #1.

4 @ OAK

5 @ MIA

6 vs NE

7 @ BUF

8 @ NO

9 @ BYE

10 vs KC

11 @ PIT

12 vs IND

13 vs ATL

14 vs OAK

15 @ KC

16 @ TB

I like that schedule A LOT!!!!!!!!!

LOL...that is not going out much on a limb there.

Also, LT was chosen as the #1 overall in 99% of redrafts for the fact that ADP was thought to be stuck in a timeshare and S-Jax plays for the STL...basically he was #1 by default. There is always risk as #1s rarely repeat, but I think most folks were betting on his downside...and that it would be less than S-Jax and ADP...honestly, I would probably want him over S-Jax right now.

I did not have an opportunity to select him and if I did, i would have gone with ADP, but it is hard to fault those that did go with LT.

LOL...that is not going out much on a limb there.Also, LT was chosen as the #1 overall in 99% of redrafts for the fact that ADP was thought to be stuck in a timeshare and S-Jax plays for the STL...basically he was #1 by default. There is always risk as #1s rarely repeat, but I think most folks were betting on his downside...and that it would be less than S-Jax and ADP...honestly, I would probably want him over S-Jax right now.I did not have an opportunity to select him and if I did, i would have gone with ADP, but it is hard to fault those that did go with LT.
I would be happy with a Top 10 RB finish out of any RB I select in the first round. How many first round RB's/Players bust.

Already regretting owning him in WCOFF. THought maybe Westbrook was the way we should have gone when I was rethinking the other day, but now that he's injured I would say probably Barber. Tomlinson does look pretty bad. I'm not sure it's all the toe.

He started slow last year and ended up #1.

4 @ OAK

5 @ MIA

6 vs NE

7 @ BUF

8 @ NO

9 @ BYE

10 vs KC

11 @ PIT

12 vs IND

13 vs ATL

14 vs OAK

15 @ KC

16 @ TB

I like that schedule A LOT!!!!!!!!!
http://subscribers.footballguys.com/players/TomlLa00-3.phpHe had 25, 43, and 62 yards in his first three games last year. Im sure the same people were saying the same thing.
they were but he wasn't injured last year. It'll be a slow start but he'll be alright.

Thrilled that I moved him last week for SJax in a dynasty. I don't love Jackson's situation but LT is done as a top 3 RB so SJax is an upgrade as a keeper.

LOL...that is not going out much on a limb there.Also, LT was chosen as the #1 overall in 99% of redrafts for the fact that ADP was thought to be stuck in a timeshare and S-Jax plays for the STL...basically he was #1 by default. There is always risk as #1s rarely repeat, but I think most folks were betting on his downside...and that it would be less than S-Jax and ADP...honestly, I would probably want him over S-Jax right now.I did not have an opportunity to select him and if I did, i would have gone with ADP, but it is hard to fault those that did go with LT.
I selected LT in 2 leagues at #1 overall despite living in MN with the ADP hype. The reality is that ADP had zero threat of time-share. The issue is no QB and people stacking the box. If a QB of Rivers' were in MN then it would be ADP easily. LT was a safer pick for me. The move to Ferotte could be a god-send for ADP owners though.The good thing about SD starting 0-2 is that they will need to win all year and won't likely be resting during playoffs.

Turf Toe is a #*%@#, but from memory, the only RB whose career got ended prematurely by it, was Eddie George. Dude just never was the same after he ran into the dreaded Turf Toe.

I don;t know how done LT is but you are witnessing the passing of the toch for who's team this is - it's Rivers' team now.

LOL...that is not going out much on a limb there.

Also, LT was chosen as the #1 overall in 99% of redrafts for the fact that ADP was thought to be stuck in a timeshare and S-Jax plays for the STL...basically he was #1 by default.
Owning Peterson in a dynasty league, I followed all of his threads pretty closely this summer.I feel pretty confident saying that the people who passed on AD didn't do so because he would be "stuck in a timeshare." Most rational people knew Peterson was going to get the vast majority of the work this year. Rather, I think a lot of folks were scared about AD's injury history and the fact that he was perceived to be a boom or bust type of RB. You know, the crowd who says "take away the 200-yard, multiple TD games and he was average in all the other games."

I'm still 3-0 in the league I have him in so whether he got me a million points the first 3 games or not, it wouldn't have helped me anymore than what I have. I'm more concerned with how he finishes up the season.....if he doesn't finish top 3 after this slow start, I'm not going to worry about it as long as he's the horse at the end of the season when we're all in the playoffs.

He's coming off a season where he averaged 4.7 per carry so it's not his skills have been on the decline. He's played through injuries like this before and he finds ways to be productive (100 yards and 2 TDs tonight). His streak of top 3 finishes is in jeopardy but he'll find a way to still finish top 5 or so.

I am in a dynasty league and am a first time LT2 owner. I have been very frustrated for two weeks. LT2 didn't look amazing tonight but come on...........The guy is still injured and put up as many points in my leagues this week (21.5) as Barber. I just watched him take 2 out of the last three carries for the Chargers at the end of the game. The guy is obviously feeling a lot better. I don't really care who's team you want to call this. LT2 might be done as the consensus #1 pick but he isn't yet done to the point that everyone wants to claim.

The drama queen declarations are a bit much.

There are certain threads that you look at pop up on the board this time off year that you just know will be bumped about 4 months from now.

This is one of those threads.

There are certain threads that you look at pop up on the board this time off year that you just know will be bumped about 4 months from now.This is one of those threads.
Yep. That 4-digit member number gives you great wisdom, sir.

:confused:

He can't cut well because of his toe. I give him credit for going out there, but he clearly isn't 100%. Seems a bit premature to call his career.

26 carries with a long of 5 yards.

That's remarkable, although I'm not quite sure what the proper remark is.

At any rate that's no LT I know.

toe or no toe, he was doing this last year. he looks to have lost some burst to me. he doesn't run tough anymore, that's for sure. Just tonight he caught a swing pass and ran out of bounds without even being pushed out like he was a QB or something. I think he's very concious about being injured. Sproles is outproducing him consistently because LT has lost his burst.

Still, this is a good team that can score. SD likes to punch it in when they get close. LT is there to cash and the end of every drive. He still gets decent receiving yardage. He remains top-5 in the end, but fantasy dominance no more

I actually posted the possibility of this when everyone was discussing risks associated with 1st round RB's. I warned don't forget that LT belongs in this group, as last year was the first time he was nicked by injuries. I think he performed as he did with sheer will tonight, knowing the Chargers couldn't afford a loss. With that line, getting the YPC he did is cause for concern. Big time concern.

toe or no toe, he was doing this last year.
It's the first one.
he doesn't run tough anymore, that's for sure. Just tonight he caught a swing pass and ran out of bounds without even being pushed out like he was a QB or something.
He's done that since he was a rookie. There's no "anymore" on that issue. It's always been that way.
Sproles is outproducing him consistently because LT has lost his burst.
Sproles definitely looks better than LT right now. Part of it is that Sproles is very good, and part is LT's toe.

I warned don't forget that LT belongs in this group, as last year was the first time he was nicked by injuries.
It's not the first year he's been dinged. He played in 2004 with a bad groin, and in 2005 with broken ribs. He's had bum ankles and stuff along the way as well. He's never missed a regular season game due to injury, but he's played hurt in quite a few of them throughout his career.

Last edited by a moderator:
LT did not look himself totally but toughed it out. I also think the line did not open too many holes for him. Hardwick their pro bowl center should be back this week which will help alot. LT should keep getting better and with this offense the TD opportunities will be plentiful

I think you have to give LT a lot of credit for lugging the ball 26 times in clear pain.

Sure he didn't do much, but all the plays were essentially between the tackles trying to move the chains.

I think it's premature to say he's done, because the injury is what gives that impression and what could cause him to miss the top 3 or 5. If he's healthy, I think this thread is moot.

The key concern I see going forward is now having to work on a short week after carrying the ball a full 26 times. Hard to rest the toe on that kind of workload/limited rest.

so how come he was in there late in the game when Chargers pretty much secured the win? I would be really encouraged if I was a LT owner.

I also traded LT for SJax in a 12 team 2 player keeper PPR league. I was happy to see LT do well last night, he did tough it out when the team needed him. However even after seeing him do well I still feel good about my trade. Having the #1 pick in a new league I was almost forced to take LT this year. I truly believe Jackson will be in the ballpark with LT for the rest of this year. Even this week where LT had 2 short rushing TDs which were give me's he only scored 5 points more than SJax.

While I wish the best for LT, I think the toe is just the start of some factors that take him out of top 10 and fully expect SJax to start outproducing him in my league format next year

I'm getting pretty sick of these early season over-reaction threads.

Dude's got turf toe and it's reported to be getting better, so chill out.

Eddie George had a lot harder miles put on his body smashing into Ray Lewis, the Jags defense and others back in the day. He had a lot more wrong with him than a nagging toe. His whole body was beaten down by the time he retired.

To the best of my knowledge, none of the prognosticators believe LT's toe will linger beyond a few more weeks, so we are still talking about LT here. Maybe you could trade him to a stupid Westbrook owner, but trading him for anything less than another stud is suspect.

so how come he was in there late in the game when Chargers pretty much secured the win? I would be really encouraged if I was a LT owner.
I was surprised by that as well. He easily could've checked out but I guess he was still looking to work through the injury.

During the game, Jaws or one of the other guys mentioned that LT told them that he was not more than 75% ability. Can't push off on the right toe, if my memory is correct.

The prognosis appears to be that LT will be near 100% in 2-3 weeks.

Edited to add: it was also mentioned that an olinemen (left tackle?) named McNeill (?) is coming back from injury as well, which will also drive up LT's future performance.

This site is great, most of the information provided accurate and earlier then most sites break news.. but theres a different effect that this site can have on owners if you don't depend on you ability to deciffer the people giving good advice and the people that are just jabbing there personal opinion. Last night i came looking for LT news on how much he would play blah blah and the LT injury thread at the top of the board had LT and sproles owners replying back and forth with the majority of the people going with sproles and the people that were going lt didn't have sproles, well i'm sure alot of those sproles starters lost some games last night for not starting tomlinson. Just goes to show, trust the definite news ( injuries and what not) but be careful on the who to start advice, especially when the only source backing the news is espn.

This site is great, most of the information provided accurate and earlier then most sites break news.. but theres a different effect that this site can have on owners if you don't depend on you ability to deciffer the people giving good advice and the people that are just jabbing there personal opinion. Last night i came looking for LT news on how much he would play blah blah and the LT injury thread at the top of the board had LT and sproles owners replying back and forth with the majority of the people going with sproles and the people that were going lt didn't have sproles, well i'm sure alot of those sproles starters lost some games last night for not starting tomlinson. Just goes to show, trust the definite news ( injuries and what not) but be careful on the who to start advice, especially when the only source backing the news is espn.
It's a tough call - If both teams played again tonight and Kerry Jenkins was healthy, I'd probably start Sproles.That's the beauty of Fantasy Football - With Jenkins playing well, the Jets defense should be more susceptible to a quicker smaller back considering LT's quickness is not there right now...LT happened to get a few short TD's....

:thumbup:

The logic that puts LT on the RB death march absolutely floors me in here. The man hurt his big toe very badly, have any of you ever hurt your big toe and tried to do anything more than limp around the house on it? Probably not. LT took his big nasty painful toe, grabbed the ball 26 times and ran into and around 300+ pound men to help ensure that SD won that football game last night. It has been reported that he was going to have a hard time making cuts, yet despite those reports there are some in here and in other threads screaming that he's finished, he's washed up, out of the top 10, he can't cut anymore, he just runs into the pile. To that I must say WOW, I guess we will disregard what the doctors and trainers have said and simply look at the numbers (completely disregarding the professionals physical expectations of LT).

Lets take a look at the numbers. The consensus top 5 RB's drafted this year are...ADP, LT, SJax, Westbrook, Addai.

The current top RB's as of today in order of my league. Turner, Barber, Reggie Bush, Gore, Ronnie Brown, Forte, Westbrook, Lynch, Julius Jones, Willie Parker.

Westbrook is the only top 5 pick that even finds himself in the top 10. So using our faulty logic I suppose that means ADP, SJax, and Addai along with LT are also washed up and done? They haven't even been injured yet.

LT, ADP, and SJax owners...Bring out your dead! Bring out your dead! Westbrook owners, get the cart ready, he'll be dead soon enough.

Users who are viewing this thread