What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Reggie Bush's return (1 Viewer)

pfalvey

Footballguy
I'm thinking of making an offer to get Bush, however, I'm wondering how effective he will be coming off the knee injury....I believe he tore his meniscus. How effective have other players been coming off a similar type injury?It seems to me Bush is the kind of player a team could put out on the field mostly as a decoy without actually giving him the ball that much. He would still attract attention from defenses. Of course, that isn't worth much in fantasy FB.

It really depends on the type of tear, the location, whether it is the medial or lateral mensicus, and whether there is any damge to the bone or articular cartilage. I would say, that if they expect him back in 3-4 weeks, that it is not a severe injury, they probably just trimmed away the torn cartilage. I would expect it to be at least another couple of weeks before he is effective. Typically, with medial meniscus tears, moving straight forward isn't difficult. cutting and anything else that causes lateral stress on the knee or twisting of the knee can be very painful for quite some time.

It really depends on the type of tear, the location, whether it is the medial or lateral mensicus, and whether there is any damge to the bone or articular cartilage. I would say, that if they expect him back in 3-4 weeks, that it is not a severe injury, they probably just trimmed away the torn cartilage. I would expect it to be at least another couple of weeks before he is effective. Typically, with medial meniscus tears, moving straight forward isn't difficult. cutting and anything else that causes lateral stress on the knee or twisting of the knee can be very painful for quite some time.
Very well stated!To bad on the TV show Meathead didn't listen to Archie and learn something.

Do you mean a couple more weeks AFTER the 3-4 weeks he's expected to return? To be effective?

there's another thread about this and someone mentioned that andrews pegged his recovery at about 4 weeks, which would probably mean about week 12 as an optimistic return to the field, and maybe you get some use out of him in the playoffs.

there's another thread about this and someone mentioned that andrews pegged his recovery at about 4 weeks, which would probably mean about week 12 as an optimistic return to the field, and maybe you get some use out of him in the playoffs.
Initially, they were expecting him back for the HOU game, Week 11. Last that I read they are now targeting Week 12 v GB. Sorry... can't find a link. Like baller said, I just picked him from a desperate owner for Edge, solely for his playoff schedule. Ymmv.

That's what I'm hoping for. If I can secure one of the top 2 seeds, I get a BYE in week 13. That means I can evaluate how he does before then and hopefully use him in week 14.

I just offered McGahee for him. McGahee is my RB3 and Bush's playof schedule is so enticing while McGahee' is so tough Id never play him anyway.

Users who are viewing this thread