What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Where does Pedro go? (1 Viewer)

Thunderlips

Footballguy
With the RedSox cornering the market on "damaged goods" pitchers (Saito,Penny and Smoltz) who is going to take Pedro off the FA market? Could he go to the Yanks for a Smoltz/Penny price and play a Smoltz/Penny role? Would that be a good move for them? Or does he go back to the Mets, where they immediately pay him and pencil him in as their number two...not soon after.... going on the DL again.

With the RedSox cornering the market on "damaged goods" pitchers (Saito,Penny and Smoltz) who is going to take Pedro off the FA market? Could he go to the Yanks for a Smoltz/Penny price and play a Smoltz/Penny role? Would that be a good move for them? Or does he go back to the Mets, where they immediately pay him and pencil him in as their number two...not soon after.... going on the DL again.
Probably worth a flyer for the Yankees if the price/term are right. How much is he asking for? Pedro's opinion of himself knows no bounds.

Pat Patriot said:
David Yudkin said:
I dont see him going to the Mets. I think the Mets prefer to move on.
Pedro has said he wants to be a Met. Mets have said they would consider having him back. They are meeting in the next few days. I still say Mets.

Cardinals, because they love to go dumpster diving for pitchers.
Wishful thinking, my friend. He has much too good of a track record for Dave Duncan to get credit. Try Jason Jennings, Josh Fogg, or Kris Benson.

Read some rumors the Fish may be looking at him...
From the Miamii Herald . . .Marlins Interest in Pedro Martinez? Not for NowThe baseball rumor mill is abuzz this morning with an ESPNdeportes.com report that the Marlins might be doing business with Pedro Martinez. But multiple sources tell us nothing is afoot on that front, that either the Marlins aren't interested in the 37-year-old pitcher or they don't feel they can afford him.While the word is Martinez would like to pitch for the Marlins ( one source told me recently it would be his "first choice") the Marlins have had no recent discussions with Martinez and his camp, and none are planned.Martinez, a free agent, wasn't exactly Pedro-like the past three seasons with the New York Mets in which injuries limited him to 48 total starts, a 17-15 record and 4.74 ERA.

Thunderlips said:
http://www.nytimes.com/2009/01/13/sports/b...3mets.html?_r=1

Mets look to be out of it. Personally, if any team can get him at the Smoltz price....they should do it.
Smoltz, when healthy, has been a top of the rotation starter the last few years. Pedro, when healthy, has been a bottom of the rotation starter the last few years. So, I dont think a 5 million dollar flier on Pedro is called for - more like 2-3 million I think. Though thats still way more than most teams have to spend for just a small chance at a productive pitcher.

Users who are viewing this thread