What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Super Bowl XLIII Game Thread - Pittsburgh Steelers vs. Arizona Cardina (1 Viewer)

Really excited for this game. Still not sure how its going to go down, but I had a vision that Anquan Boldin had a huge game and the Cards won.

I sure wish Pat Tillman could have played in this game. That's probably one thought that will be sticking with me today.

In my dream last night the Cards got a fast start and went up 16-3 after a getting a safety on Big Ben in the second quarter. Then I woke up......Oh man, it's going to take forever for 6:28 EST to get here.

I'm a believer in rooting for the team that knocked you out, so Ravens being gone, go PIT. Though, I must admit I wouldn't exactly shed a tear if they lose by 27.

I sure wish Pat Tillman could have played in this game. That's probably one thought that will be sticking with me today.
Pat has gotten a lot better since his death.Pat was hard nosed, smart on the field, and put up good fantasy numbers. But that was because having running backs bust through into the secondary was a common occurrence against the swiss cheese Cardinal D of the day. And he was a total liability in pass defense, which also inflated his #'s. If he were still in his prime, and on the team today, he'd be riding the pine. AW is 10x the player.(And AW is only about a 7 out of 10 as a pro safety.)

Last edited by a moderator:
Pat has gotten a lot better since his death.Pat was hard nosed, smart on the field, and put up good fantasy numbers. But that was because having running backs bust through into the secondary was a common occurrence against the swiss cheese Cardinal D of the day. And he was a total liability in pass defense, which also inflated his #'s. If he were still in his prime, and on the team today, he'd be riding the pine. AW is 10x the player.(And AW is only about a 7 out of 10 as a pro safety.)
I don't think the point is how good a player he is and whether or not he'd be starting. At least to me, he was (obviously) a great character guy, and (obviously) a great team guy and I like to see good guys rewarded with success. I would bet he would take great pleasure in his team's success whether or not he was on the field or rooting from the sidelines.

I have nothing against Pittsburgh but the terrible towel thing is very annoying. What did that start? First person to quote me with one is the biggest geek!

Looking forward to the game. Arizona 23 - Pittsburgh 20

My brain says Steelers in a blowout, my heart says Arrington catches a screen pass and goes 46 yards for the TD when Arizona is just trying to get in position for a tying FG late. I say 24-20 Arizona and I won't be rooting for anyone because I don't care for either of these teams.

I have nothing against Pittsburgh but the terrible towel thing is very annoying. What did that start? First person to quote me with one is the biggest geek!Looking forward to the game. Arizona 23 - Pittsburgh 20
Cope in the 70's, I have three. White for Offense :goodposting: Black for Defense :goodposting: Gold for Special Teams :goodposting:

The two weeks of hype, all of the people betting on Arizona, the Kurt Warner mystique, and the talk of the Cardinals being a team of destiny have me doubting this game for my beloved Steelers. I know the Steelers are the superior team. I know the Cardinals limped into the playoffs, only to run off three straight wins. I know the Steelers should win. But I almost have analysis paralysis from having the Cards jammed down my throat.

I vaguely recall it being like this for the Pit/Sea SB. The Hawks had a high-octane offense and the Steelers had a good D. I was really worried that the Steelers were going to lose. I just hope this outcome is the same. I hope my fears are put to rest and the Steelers kick some butt.

HERE WE GO STEELERS, HERE WE GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :goodposting: :goodposting: :goodposting:

Inactives declared:

Cardinals running back J.J. Arrington and defensive end Travis LaBoy are active and will play in Super Bowl XLIII. Hines Ward, as expected, is active and will start for the Steelers.

Steelers: Dennis Dixon (third quarterback), FS Anthony Smith, DB Fernando Bryant, LB Bruce Davis, T Tony Hills, T Jason Capizzi, DT Scott Paxson and DE Orpheus Roye.

Cardinals: Brian St. Pierre (third quarterback), CB Eric Green, FB Tim Castille, LB Victor Hobson, T Elliot Vallejo, T Keith Brandon, DT Alan Branch and TE Jerame Tuman.
NFL.com

I don't think the point is how good a player he is and whether or not he'd be starting. At least to me, he was (obviously) a great character guy, and (obviously) a great team guy and I like to see good guys rewarded with success. I would bet he would take great pleasure in his team's success whether or not he was on the field or rooting from the sidelines.
Thank you.That was my point.

Thank God the pregame garbage is almost over.

Time to get excited now!

:rolleyes: :lmao: :towelwave: :towelwave: :towelwave: :towelwave:

Lucky number 6 comes to the Burg tonight.

Congratulations CBS Snooze Crew. You no longer have the lamest presentation of NFL football. Faith Hill's song at the beginning of every f'n NBC game is douchechill inducing.

I'd rather feel sleepy while watching football than uncomfortable.

Congratulations CBS Snooze Crew. You no longer have the lamest presentation of NFL football. Faith Hill's song at the beginning of every f'n NBC game is douchechill inducing. I'd rather feel sleepy while watching football than uncomfortable.
sorry to hear that you caught the gay

Good Luck Cards.

GO STEELERS... amped up with my fellow Steeler fans.

See you boys maybe at Halftime.....

:jawdrop:

OH Brenda Warner doesn't look too bad now that she doesn't have the muppet hair cut

Last edited by a moderator:
Congratulations CBS Snooze Crew. You no longer have the lamest presentation of NFL football. Faith Hill's song at the beginning of every f'n NBC game is douchechill inducing. I'd rather feel sleepy while watching football than uncomfortable.
sorry to hear that you caught the gay
:jawdrop: Obviously, Faith Hill is hot as hell. Doesn't make the opening song on NBC any less brutal to listen to.

Users who are viewing this thread