What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Super Bowl XLIII Game Thread - Pittsburgh Steelers vs. Arizona Cardina (1 Viewer)

wow, Jennifer Hudson nailed that National Anthem. Actually both Faith Hill and her did great. The arranger really took some three-quarter time liberties but it really made them both swing. awesome. nice to see talented people singing without lip syncing.

wow, Jennifer Hudson nailed that National Anthem. Actually both Faith Hill and her did great. The arranger really took some three-quarter time liberties but it really made them both swing. awesome. nice to see talented people singing without lip syncing.
Uh, what? I didn't watch Hill's performance, but Hudson pretty obviously lip-synched. There were several lines where she was screaming her guts out and you could tell she wasn't really singing.

I have nothing against Pittsburgh but the terrible towel thing is very annoying. What did that start? First person to quote me with one is the biggest geek!Looking forward to the game. Arizona 23 - Pittsburgh 20
seriously.... the Steelers started the towel craze.... all other teams have copied :) .Short story Cope and another came up with the Idea. The players were against it, then Lynn Swan came out of the tunnel during player announcements waving a towel, place went crazy.That's when it was really "born" and took off. Cope hated that people accused him of making money off the towel so at first some proceeds went to the Allegheny Valley School then all went to the school. The school is a school for special needs people that his son still lives there.In the mid 90's cope signed the trademark over to the school and ALL proceeds from the towel go to the school where roughly about 1000 challenged kids/adults live. :towelwave:

Last edited by a moderator:
Hartwig pulled him across - isn't that illegal?

Also, if I'm right, isn't that reviewable too?

On the long Willie Parker run the play clock ran out about 8 seconds before the ball was snapped. I have to assume that the clock on the screen was wrong. No way they missed one that bad.

He kicks the FG? Wow. I say you go for it there, and if you are stopped, the Cards start from the 1 against the top-rated defense. No balls.

Don't agree with the ultraconservative call there. You're right on the goalline. Worst case scenario is Arizona has it right on their own goalline, and you have to like your chances with fourth and inches.

Don't agree with the ultraconservative call there. You're right on the goalline. Worst case scenario is Arizona has it right on their own goalline, and you have to like your chances with fourth and inches.
Great challenge and awful decision by Tomlin right there. Just awful.Whisenhunt 1Tomlin -1

I wasn't fond of the play-calling on that drive. Trying to establish the run vs. the Steelers before throwing the ball? Ugh.

I wasn't fond of the play-calling on that drive. Trying to establish the run vs. the Steelers before throwing the ball? Ugh.
That was similar play calling to when the cardinals were coughing up there lead against the eagles.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread