What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Phrases/terms that need to be retired immediately (5 Viewers)

Using "beast" as an adjective. My kids got this off of some show they watch and it drives me crazy. For example, "That Mustang is so beast!"

Another one that has probably been mentioned is when people follow up with "just sayin'" after they tell you something. I know you're just saying it, I just heard you say it.

calling anyone "sport" or "chief"

you might as well tattoo ######## on your head before you say it.
I've done a 360 degree turn on chief. I hated it so much I started calling people it jokingly, now I use it all the time. I may get that tattoo.
This.
Friend and I combine them and call each other "Boss-sport-chief" quite a bit.
:lmao: My friends and I call each other "chief-guy" all the time.

Last edited by a moderator:
Another one that has probably been mentioned is when people follow up with "just sayin'" after they tell you something. I know you're just saying it, I just heard you say it.
:goodposting: I'm pretty sure I hate this more than anything else.
I have a FB friend who ends every one of her (sometimes really funny) status updates about her life with "IJS". <_<
One good use for it, though, is if you say something offensive to someone's face and want to get away with it."You and your family are a ####. Just sayin."

I'm sure it's been mentioned a few times, but I heard the word "vet" - as in "vetted" or "vetting it out" - for the first time this year, and I'm sick of it now.
Agree..and please stop using the word sick to describe a play or a move.

"I could tell you but I'd have to kill you."

Funny in 1986 when Top Gun game out. Has ceased to be funny for 20 years. Somebody just used it at work today.

"That's what she said."

I have no idea how The Office got any mileage out of it since it's been around and overused as long as I can remember. But then again, The Office sucks.

Users who are viewing this thread