What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

PDSL 2 (Thom's crew) (1 Viewer)

Actually, we're posting into the draft thread and glomming it up with the commentary.

So, I'll void my comentary there and paste it into here....where it belongs.

Not that anyone has anything to say .............
Interesting year. No one except Valence went RB/RB out of the gate. Valence went RB/RB/RB.
Which is why Valence has no chance at winning now.
here we go.
We're 2-1/2 rounds into this deal....40 picks.Eight Teams have three players each:

1) 3 Teams with 2-RB and 1-WR

2) 2 Teams with 1-RB and 2-WR

3) 1 Team with 1-QB, 1-RB and 1-TE

4) 1 Team with 1-QB, 1-WR and 1-TE

5) 1 Team with 3-RB's

Of the possible combinations....well there are no Teams with 3-WR's and since there are no teams with 2-WR's in their first two picks that combo will never occure.

The 3-RB combo is unique.....it stands out like a sore thumb so to speak. This doesn't necessarily mean that you will loose. It does mean, however, that no other Team has choosen that path to V-I-C-T-O-R-Y. :lmao:

Sometimes you have to take risks to win these things. Not sure about the RB-RB-RB thing, but what really got me with Valence's picks, was that he went with Lynch as his #3, who could produce well, but we KNOW will be facing a suspension. Not sure how long, could be 1 game, could be 3 or 4 games because of his past history. But he WILL miss some time. I would think Valence would have been better served taking someone like Welker.

Toads said:
Actually, we're posting into the draft thread and glomming it up with the commentary.

So, I'll void my comentary there and paste it into here....where it belongs.

Not that anyone has anything to say .............
Interesting year. No one except Valence went RB/RB out of the gate. Valence went RB/RB/RB.
Which is why Valence has no chance at winning now.
here we go.
We're 2-1/2 rounds into this deal....40 picks.Eight Teams have three players each:

1) 3 Teams with 2-RB and 1-WR

2) 2 Teams with 1-RB and 2-WR

3) 1 Team with 1-QB, 1-RB and 1-TE

4) 1 Team with 1-QB, 1-WR and 1-TE

5) 1 Team with 3-RB's

Of the possible combinations....well there are no Teams with 3-WR's and since there are no teams with 2-WR's in their first two picks that combo will never occure.

The 3-RB combo is unique.....it stands out like a sore thumb so to speak. This doesn't necessarily mean that you will loose. It does mean, however, that no other Team has choosen that path to V-I-C-T-O-R-Y. :excited:

Guess I was right :)

S.F.D. = Stimulating Discussion or Sintillating Discussion.....depending on the view point.

on palmer... Let's hope that elbow is 100%! If so... he represents value at QB9. 3 seasons as a healthy starter finishing 1st, 4th and 9th. With Housh not there, if healthy, do you guys expect a drop off?

on palmer... Let's hope that elbow is 100%! If so... he represents value at QB9. 3 seasons as a healthy starter finishing 1st, 4th and 9th. With Housh not there, if healthy, do you guys expect a drop off?
No drop off expected, but really hoped he would fall to 5.10 :bowtie:

I knew someone would go for Roy Williams early, but not 4.01 early. :goodposting:
My 2nd picks are going to look early because I have 30 picks between choices.Not like I can just wait and see who falls to me - the turn's a tough spot.That said I think BJacobs can certainly be a Top 10 RB this year and Roy Williams could step up and deliver. I think he was a decent value there.I will admit I don't love this team.

I knew someone would go for Roy Williams early, but not 4.01 early. :wub:
My 2nd picks are going to look early because I have 30 picks between choices.Not like I can just wait and see who falls to me - the turn's a tough spot.

That said I think BJacobs can certainly be a Top 10 RB this year and Roy Williams could step up and deliver. I think he was a decent value there.

I will admit I don't love this team.
Draftin' the turns, or even one pick removed, makes for a tough draft. First, it seems like forever until you get your turn and then you've got one pick value and one pick from the next 30 guys to fall to shape your team.It never seems to be two value picks. It just a tough way to go this early in the season.

When the ADP's come out in August, it's an advantage. You can target players you want and they seem to fall about where you expect. This early is way tough as guys are drafting shot gun and you have a hard time spotting the trend because there is no trend.

:goodposting:

From the bottom up with rounds 1-4:

Pasquino-

1.16 WR Andre Johnson

2.1 RB Brandon Jacobs

3.16 QB Tony Romo

4.1 WR Roy Williams

AJ a bit early, BJ a hope for health, TR rumors of his demise are premature, RW I can not judge since i am not sure what those things at the end of his arms are for, sorry a Lions fan judgment on this guy is clouded.

Overall for a WRx2, Qb, RB squad this is a C+

BnB-

1.15 RB MB3

2.02 WR Calvin Johnson

3.15 TE Chris "is that my willy?" Cooley

4.02 Qb Phillip Rivers

MB3 is a RB1, but Felix is hungry. Megatron at this spot is a great grab. Cooley and Rivers will both put up points consistently which is key in survivor.

B+/A-

LHUCKS-

1.14 WR Randy Moss

2.03 TE Jason Whitten

3.14 RB Kevin Smith

4.03 RB Ryan grant

Moss, never ever toss dirt on his grave, he will go off for 4 TDs in the first game just to pi$$ you off. Gamble pick at this position though. Witten is solid, though early. Kevin Smith as your #1 RB? Have you seen the Lions O-Line? Grant is a steal as a RB2 though.

C-

bostonfred-

1.13 WR Reggie Wayne

2.04 RB Steve Slaton

3.13 WR Chad Johnson

4.04 RB Larry Johnson

At first, I threw up a little in my mouth. But in both cases, Palmer and Manning are going to throw the ball to someone. Slaton will be a solid RB1 and LJ is a good gamble, but early. I would say he would have been there at 6.04.

B-

Jeff T.-

1.12 RB Clinton Portis

2.05 WR Greg Jennings

3.12 WR Eddie royal

4.05 TE Owen Daniels

RB1 with Portis is a solid, conservative pick. Jennings and royal and solid as well, Daniels is on the way up. Nice job in a PPR format, but RB 2 or QB 1 could be a problem.

B+

Frank Black-maybe if the series had a plot, the show would still be on .....

1.11 RB Frank Gore

2.06 QB Peyton Manning

3.11 RB Joseph Addai

4.06 WR Jericho Cotchery

Gore is due to rebound or will fizzle, I like the upside. Manni(ng) is just being Manni(ng). And if he doesn't, he covered the call with a put on Addai. And speaking of canceled TV shows Jericho was a bargain here.

A-

Domination-

1.10 RB Brian Westbrook

2.07 WR Brandon Marshall

3.10 WR TJ CHAMPIONSHIP

4.07 RB Thomas Jones

Fascination with B and TJs....Westbrook is solid but aging, I am not buying him as a RB#1. And not with the #10 pick. Marshall could be screwed if Chris Simms or a rookie to be named later is flinging the rock. TJ is going to do well in Seattle if someone else is there to draw coverage so he is not double teamed. Jones as a RB#2 is a good pick, though again aging. With RB 1 and 2 aging, and ? marks at WR, I am sorry bro, but please draft when the pain meds wear off.

D+

TEAM RAM ROD

1.09 RB Chris Johnson

2.08 TE Tony Gonzalez

3.09 RB Ronnie Brown

4.08 WR Santonio Holmes

Someone else critique please.

Steel Dillo-we cant argue with hardware-SCOREBOARD CARDINALS FAN

1.08 RB Matt Forte

2.09 WR Roddy White

3.08 WR Dwayne Bowe

4.09 QB Donovan McNabb

Forte as a RB#1 at #9....too early. Roddy White is going to get his share of catches which is good in a PPR as with Bowe. McNabb is old, but historically age is less important for QBs, but I do not like his divisional schedule.

C-

NoFBinLA-

1.07 RB LdTom

2.10 WR Steve Smith (Car)

3.07 Qb Kurt Warner

4.10 WR Lee Evans

LT at #7. Wow. SS as a WR#1 with a chip on his shoulder. Warner who has receivers falling out of his butt AND a running game. Lee Evans wide open while TO is doubled. One of my top 3 drafts so far. But best at this deep of a draft position.

Solid A

Thom Yorke-you spelled Tom and York wrong bro.

1.06 RB DeAngelo Williams

2.11 QB Drew Brees

3.06 TE Dallas Clark

4.11 RB Pierre Thomas

Williams is a #1 RB. Brees is a monster. Clark is older, but still a part of a Manning offense. Pierre is a reach or a shark move. But what weighs on my mind is that TY is a Saints homer. And when you are a homer, you see the faults close up as well as the potential. And when you can get past those to still pick up the boys, maybe there is something there we dont see at a distance. Not a top 3 draft, but could turn out to be so.

B+

Team Legacy-

1.05 RB Micheal Turner

2.12 WR Marques Colston

3.05 WR Wes Welker

4.12 QB Carson Palmer

Turner is a #1, I will admit it, tho you are banking on at least game against the Lions again. Colston is going to get a ton of catches. Welker? are you kidding me? Can you say Mike Furrey? Palmer I don't like, not as a QB, but with the other QBs that are still on the board.

C-

Toads-what is up with the italics?

1.04 WR Larry Fitzgerald

2.13 TE Antonio Gates

3.04 Aaron Rodgers

4.13 Jonathon Stewart

Fitz is a bona fide stud this year. With the running game and Breaston and Boldin to compliment him and a smart QB he will make defenses look stupid. Toss in Gates with 2 PPR and that is a leathal combo. Rodgers went too soon. Stewart could very well turn out to be a shark move, but it also has limited downside. He will get his touches. Top 3 so far bro.

A-

Ghost of Bill Walsh-you get my jokes.....

1.03 RB MJD

2.14 WR Anquan Boldin

3.03 QB Tom Brady

4.14 RB Darren McFadden

MJD is a man. Boldin will come back and be fine. Double on Fitz, I dare you. Brady is a tad early here, but with Moss, has upside. McFadden as RB#2 is a decent pick since his division maybe has a full defense between the other three teams. Top 3 so far, but could be better.

B+

Old Milwaukee-will finish after he picks

1.02 RB Steven Jackson

2.15 WR Terrel Owens

3.02 Braylon Edwards

Valence- will finish after he picks

1.01 RB Adrian Peterson

2.16 Rb Reggie Bush

3.01 RB Marshawn Lynch

I knew someone would go for Roy Williams early, but not 4.01 early. :pokey:
My 2nd picks are going to look early because I have 30 picks between choices.Not like I can just wait and see who falls to me - the turn's a tough spot.

That said I think BJacobs can certainly be a Top 10 RB this year and Roy Williams could step up and deliver. I think he was a decent value there.

Draftin' the turns, or even one pick removed, makes for a tough draft. First, it seems like forever until you get your turn and then you've got one pick value and one pick from the next 30 guys to fall to shape your team.It never seems to be two value picks. It just a tough way to go this early in the season.

When the ADP's come out in August, it's an advantage. You can target players you want and they seem to fall about where you expect. This early is way tough as guys are drafting shot gun and you have a hard time spotting the trend because there is no trend.

:stirspot:
Most of the guys with experience in these leagues can handle this. Thus far at 15 I've acquired three guys that were the last in a tier for me and all four picks have been at unique positions. The only pick that I feel like I didn't get value was Calvin Johnson and only because Steve Smith slide later in the second who I have ranked equally. The only bad part part about getting stuck at the ends is losing out on a positional run. If you can fill you starting lineup quickly w/o sacrifacing value, this isn't a big issue.

Ghost of Bill Walsh-you get my jokes.....

1.03 RB MJD

2.14 WR Anquan Boldin

3.03 QB Tom Brady

4.14 RB Darren McFadden

Best draft of the lot thus far IMO. I'd trade squads straight up.

Sometimes you have to take risks to win these things. Not sure about the RB-RB-RB thing, but what really got me with Valence's picks, was that he went with Lynch as his #3, who could produce well, but we KNOW will be facing a suspension. Not sure how long, could be 1 game, could be 3 or 4 games because of his past history. But he WILL miss some time. I would think Valence would have been better served taking someone like Welker.
Obviously it was a risky move but I have played it safe in these things for the past four years and seem to always finish in the 7th-3rd area. I decided to try something different for this one and accentuate my strength at RB. I don't believe that Lynch is going to miss more than two games and he has 1200 yd 10 td potential. TO there will open up things even more.Reggie Bush I think will go back to catching 70+ again this season now that Pierre Thomas has been established. These three backs will likely have me near the top of the RB scoring every week.I'm pretty confident I can make up the ground at WR.

TEAM RAM ROD1.09 RB Chris Johnson2.08 TE Tony Gonzalez3.09 RB Ronnie Brown4.08 WR Santonio HolmesSomeone else critique please.
Best thing I can do is compare to my squad. Overall I like what you've done. Johnson is on par with Barber so you lose ground to my later pick. Gonzo is an OK pick, but I'd rather have Cooley at the end of round 3. Brown I would have considered worthy of a mid-second so you gain huge ground there. Holmes in the mid-fourth bests Calvin in the early 2nd for value. If you can lock up some decent QB production, I will like your team better than mine.

Obviously it was a risky move but I have played it safe in these things for the past four years and seem to always finish in the 7th-3rd area. I decided to try something different for this one and accentuate my strength at RB. I don't believe that Lynch is going to miss more than two games and he has 1200 yd 10 td potential. TO there will open up things even more.Reggie Bush I think will go back to catching 70+ again this season now that Pierre Thomas has been established.

These three backs will likely have me near the top of the RB scoring every week.

I'm pretty confident I can make up the ground at WR.
Editted for accuracy.You've afforded yourself the opportunity to take a risk and save a roster spot or two at RB. If you don't make any silly picks from here on out you can definately make up ground at the other positions. This will be a tad bit harder at the run where you have to anticipate postion runs.

I knew someone would go for Roy Williams early, but not 4.01 early. :lmao:

:sadbanana:
Most of the guys with experience in these leagues can handle this. Thus far at 15 I've acquired three guys that were the last in a tier for me and all four picks have been at unique positions. The only pick that I feel like I didn't get value was Calvin Johnson and only because Steve Smith slide later in the second who I have ranked equally. The only bad part part about getting stuck at the ends is losing out on a positional run. If you can fill you starting lineup quickly w/o sacrifacing value, this isn't a big issue.
This would be all well and good if (A) the tiers didn't run dry and (B) the runs came as expected. Looking ahead beyond Jacobs I saw no RB I wanted as a RB1, so I took him arguably early. Not a ton early, but sure it was ahead of where many might project him. Alternatively I'm looking at WR/WR or WR/TE and no RB until Round 3 and at best I have Ryan Grant as my #1 - not a great answer there. Roy Williams is a big question / gamble but again I think he's in a #1 role now and could be a solid WR2. Neither he nor Jacobs would have been available at the next pick.Also drafting at the turns you have to decide, positionally, what you'll take 2 or even 4 rounds ahead and decide which tier (or two) you are comfy in dropping down at each.

It's quite fine by me if I don't love my team, as the PDSLs always have screwed me one way or another with schedules or byes or whatever, so I'm mostly looking at concensus ADP info and opinions on players. We'll still see how this team pans out but I agree that I'd rather have been a few draft slots ahead of this position.

This would be all well and good if (A) the tiers didn't run dry and (B) the runs came as expected. Looking ahead beyond Jacobs I saw no RB I wanted as a RB1, so I took him arguably early. Not a ton early, but sure it was ahead of where many might project him. Alternatively I'm looking at WR/WR or WR/TE and no RB until Round 3 and at best I have Ryan Grant as my #1 - not a great answer there. Roy Williams is a big question / gamble but again I think he's in a #1 role now and could be a solid WR2. Neither he nor Jacobs would have been available at the next pick.Also drafting at the turns you have to decide, positionally, what you'll take 2 or even 4 rounds ahead and decide which tier (or two) you are comfy in dropping down at each. It's quite fine by me if I don't love my team, as the PDSLs always have screwed me one way or another with schedules or byes or whatever, so I'm mostly looking at concensus ADP info and opinions on players. We'll still see how this team pans out but I agree that I'd rather have been a few draft slots ahead of this position.
I didn't say that the draft could be put on auto pilot, just that most of the experienced people around here could handle it. I saw a lot of good SSL teams drafted from the ends. With RBs going later than ever before and the RBBCs, there are a lot of ways to assemble a team. Here's a tip for you...If you don't want bye or schedule problems, don't draft your 3rd and 4th picks from the same team. :excited: I'm sorry about the tiers running dry, you can blame Thom for slotting you after me. :lmao:

I knew someone would go for Roy Williams early, but not 4.01 early. :cry:

:wub:
This would be all well and good if (A) the tiers didn't run dry and (B) the runs came as expected. Looking ahead beyond Jacobs I saw no RB I wanted as a RB1, so I took him arguably early. Not a ton early, but sure it was ahead of where many might project him. Alternatively I'm looking at WR/WR or WR/TE and no RB until Round 3 and at best I have Ryan Grant as my #1 - not a great answer there. Roy Williams is a big question / gamble but again I think he's in a #1 role now and could be a solid WR2. Neither he nor Jacobs would have been available at the next pick.Also drafting at the turns you have to decide, positionally, what you'll take 2 or even 4 rounds ahead and decide which tier (or two) you are comfy in dropping down at each.

It's quite fine by me if I don't love my team, as the PDSLs always have screwed me one way or another with schedules or byes or whatever, so I'm mostly looking at concensus ADP info and opinions on players. We'll still see how this team pans out but I agree that I'd rather have been a few draft slots ahead of this position.
I like the ends better than the 12-13 picks... At the ends at least what you see is what you get and you can even start runs by double dipping positions at points or just start or even end a run.When you have the 13 pick, a lot of times you need to choose between two positions and guess at which one will come around to you, in addition to long term 30 pick planning.... You can get burned but the end guys.

Also at the end, it's nice to just draft once and not have to wait for that 2nd pick and someone in between that may go MIA.

Last edited by a moderator:
This would be all well and good if (A) the tiers didn't run dry and (B) the runs came as expected. Looking ahead beyond Jacobs I saw no RB I wanted as a RB1, so I took him arguably early. Not a ton early, but sure it was ahead of where many might project him. Alternatively I'm looking at WR/WR or WR/TE and no RB until Round 3 and at best I have Ryan Grant as my #1 - not a great answer there. Roy Williams is a big question / gamble but again I think he's in a #1 role now and could be a solid WR2. Neither he nor Jacobs would have been available at the next pick.Also drafting at the turns you have to decide, positionally, what you'll take 2 or even 4 rounds ahead and decide which tier (or two) you are comfy in dropping down at each. It's quite fine by me if I don't love my team, as the PDSLs always have screwed me one way or another with schedules or byes or whatever, so I'm mostly looking at concensus ADP info and opinions on players. We'll still see how this team pans out but I agree that I'd rather have been a few draft slots ahead of this position.
I didn't say that the draft could be put on auto pilot, just that most of the experienced people around here could handle it. I saw a lot of good SSL teams drafted from the ends. With RBs going later than ever before and the RBBCs, there are a lot of ways to assemble a team. Here's a tip for you...If you don't want bye or schedule problems, don't draft your 3rd and 4th picks from the same team. :cry: I'm sorry about the tiers running dry, you can blame Thom for slotting you after me. :wub:
Yes, it's always all about you Doug. Or are you an LHUCKS alias?Your MB3 pick certainly changed mine from him to Jacobs, but there's no way I don't take AJ.The 3/4 turn isn't very different from a value standpoint than later in the 4th round, so any picks there look like they go too early.I didn't want Cooley either, so get over yourself.

TEAM RAM ROD1.09 RB Chris Johnson2.08 TE Tony Gonzalez3.09 RB Ronnie Brown4.08 WR Santonio HolmesSomeone else critique please.
Best thing I can do is compare to my squad. Overall I like what you've done. Johnson is on par with Barber so you lose ground to my later pick. Gonzo is an OK pick, but I'd rather have Cooley at the end of round 3. Brown I would have considered worthy of a mid-second so you gain huge ground there. Holmes in the mid-fourth bests Calvin in the early 2nd for value. If you can lock up some decent QB production, I will like your team better than mine.
Thanks BnB. I am not happy yet. Ask me about week 4 when Gonzo is out for the season and the Steelers are 0-4. We will see. B- in my opinion.

Thom Yorke-you spelled Tom and York wrong bro.1.06 RB DeAngelo Williams2.11 QB Drew Brees3.06 TE Dallas Clark4.11 RB Pierre ThomasWilliams is a #1 RB. Brees is a monster. Clark is older, but still a part of a Manning offense. Pierre is a reach or a shark move. But what weighs on my mind is that TY is a Saints homer. And when you are a homer, you see the faults close up as well as the potential. And when you can get past those to still pick up the boys, maybe there is something there we dont see at a distance. Not a top 3 draft, but could turn out to be so.B+
I very nearly pulled the trigger on McFadden over Thomas, and that probably would have been a sexier pick that most people would have made (perhaps for good reason). But, I still hate the Oakland offense and McFadden's injury woes scare me. Here's Thomas down the stretch last year:11 NO KC 16/88/1 4/56/ 0 12 NO GB 15/87/2 3/34/013 NO TB 11/34/0 1/20/1 14 NO ATL 16/102/1 1/7/1 15 NO CHI 22/87/1 7/59/1 16 NO DET 13/77/1 3/26/0If he even approached those numbers over a full season, he would be an absolute fantasy monster. Admittedly, Bush was out of several of these games, although the ATL game was one where Bush played, and the two complemented each other well (Bush went over 100 total yards and a score as well, IIRC). So, while there are certainly still some question marks with the guy, I like him late in the 4th.

Two references to number of rounds in this draft:

1) Rules: 20 Rounds

2) Pre-Draft Mention in sign up thread: 18 Rounds.

How many Rounds do we draft?

I very nearly pulled the trigger on McFadden over Thomas, and that probably would have been a sexier pick that most people would have made (perhaps for good reason). But, I still hate the Oakland offense and McFadden's injury woes scare me.
Same sentiment. I will never draft McFadden....anywhere, anytime, anyteam.

LHUCKS-1.14 WR Randy Moss2.03 TE Jason Whitten3.14 RB Kevin Smith4.03 RB Ryan grantMoss, never ever toss dirt on his grave, he will go off for 4 TDs in the first game just to pi$$ you off. Gamble pick at this position though. Witten is solid, though early. Kevin Smith as your #1 RB? Have you seen the Lions O-Line? Grant is a steal as a RB2 though.C-
So you like the Moss Pick, Grant is a "steal", Witten is "solid" and a C- ?????....you must really hate Smith, whom I happen to believe will be gold in PPRs next year. Based on your grades you are overemphasizing the importance of QB and RB.My opinions are that Moss and Witten are going to be awesome VBD picks this year as they both finish #1 or #2 at their position...those picks were easy for me.Grant and Smith are good, young RBs with little competition so they are "safe" survivor style plays...which is what my strategy calls for at the RB position in this format.

Hate the WR run which happened in the early 5th, as I'd really hoped to land Gonzalez or Bryant coming back.

Hate the WR run which happened in the early 5th, as I'd really hoped to land Gonzalez or Bryant coming back.
Really? I thought they lasted a little longer than I expected. There's a receiver I considered reaching for with my fourth who may last to my fifth, and I wasn't expecting that at all.

Really? I thought they lasted a little longer than I expected. There's a receiver I considered reaching for with my fourth who may last to my fifth, and I wasn't expecting that at all.
Oh, I agree -- I'd just hoped they'd continue to slide. I do like my Coles pick though.

I like Bryant as WR24. Was hoping to land as my WR3.

Two value play WRs in the 5th are Santana Moss and Hines Ward, WRs 17 and 18 respectively last season. Unless something trade wise happens, I guess age could catch up to them, but I doubt it.

Sorry guys for not being around for my 5.03 pick. I had a neurostimulator implant in my spine on Monday and haven't been doing too well with it. Thanks god it comes out friday.It's only a trial to see if it helps and then they'll do a permanent implant.Not looking forward to it but I've been dealing with this pain for 3 years. Somethings gotta help. I had to be awake, no sedation, while they shoved those needles in my spine and I frigging groaned with pain and I told the Doc well trade places with me then if it ain't that bad, ########.

This device is supposed toshoot electrical stimulus to the affected area to block pain signals to the brain. Yeah, well,I've taken 40 percocets since Monday. So much for that. I couldn't sleep at night cause the needles were pressing on my nerves causing head,neck and arm spasms. Finally found a comfortable position to sleep but only for a few hours at a time. I believe the permanent device will help if they can get it dialed in to the correct area. Not all down my legs and in my ### cheeks. :banned:

Sorry guys for not being around for my 5.03 pick. I had a neurostimulator implant in my spine on Monday and haven't been doing too well with it. Thanks god it comes out friday.It's only a trial to see if it helps and then they'll do a permanent implant.Not looking forward to it but I've been dealing with this pain for 3 years. Somethings gotta help. I had to be awake, no sedation, while they shoved those needles in my spine and I frigging groaned with pain and I told the Doc well trade places with me then if it ain't that bad, ########.This device is supposed toshoot electrical stimulus to the affected area to block pain signals to the brain. Yeah, well,I've taken 40 percocets since Monday. So much for that. I couldn't sleep at night cause the needles were pressing on my nerves causing head,neck and arm spasms. Finally found a comfortable position to sleep but only for a few hours at a time. I believe the permanent device will help if they can get it dialed in to the correct area. Not all down my legs and in my ### cheeks. :banned:
Wow. Sorry to hear that dude.

Sorry guys for not being around for my 5.03 pick. I had a neurostimulator implant in my spine on Monday and haven't been doing too well with it. Thanks god it comes out friday.It's only a trial to see if it helps and then they'll do a permanent implant.Not looking forward to it but I've been dealing with this pain for 3 years. Somethings gotta help. I had to be awake, no sedation, while they shoved those needles in my spine and I frigging groaned with pain and I told the Doc well trade places with me then if it ain't that bad, ########.This device is supposed toshoot electrical stimulus to the affected area to block pain signals to the brain. Yeah, well,I've taken 40 percocets since Monday. So much for that. I couldn't sleep at night cause the needles were pressing on my nerves causing head,neck and arm spasms. Finally found a comfortable position to sleep but only for a few hours at a time. I believe the permanent device will help if they can get it dialed in to the correct area. Not all down my legs and in my ### cheeks. :)
Well,I don't care how much pain I have to continue to endure it ain't gonna keep me away from fantasy football.I'll have internet access even if I'm bedridden and have my beer delivered to me :banned:Maybe I'll get a hot nurse for sponge baths. :yes:

Sorry guys for not being around for my 5.03 pick. I had a neurostimulator implant in my spine on Monday and haven't been doing too well with it. Thanks god it comes out friday.It's only a trial to see if it helps and then they'll do a permanent implant.Not looking forward to it but I've been dealing with this pain for 3 years. Somethings gotta help. I had to be awake, no sedation, while they shoved those needles in my spine and I frigging groaned with pain and I told the Doc well trade places with me then if it ain't that bad, ########.This device is supposed toshoot electrical stimulus to the affected area to block pain signals to the brain. Yeah, well,I've taken 40 percocets since Monday. So much for that. I couldn't sleep at night cause the needles were pressing on my nerves causing head,neck and arm spasms. Finally found a comfortable position to sleep but only for a few hours at a time. I believe the permanent device will help if they can get it dialed in to the correct area. Not all down my legs and in my ### cheeks. :doh:
Well,I don't care how much pain I have to continue to endure it ain't gonna keep me away from fantasy football.I'll have internet access even if I'm bedridden and have my beer delivered to me :thumbup:Maybe I'll get a hot nurse for sponge baths. :yes:
This hurt me just reading about it. I can't begin to imagine. ugh Good luck GBW

Sorry guys for not being around for my 5.03 pick. I had a neurostimulator implant in my spine on Monday and haven't been doing too well with it. Thanks god it comes out friday.It's only a trial to see if it helps and then they'll do a permanent implant.Not looking forward to it but I've been dealing with this pain for 3 years. Somethings gotta help. I had to be awake, no sedation, while they shoved those needles in my spine and I frigging groaned with pain and I told the Doc well trade places with me then if it ain't that bad, ########.This device is supposed toshoot electrical stimulus to the affected area to block pain signals to the brain. Yeah, well,I've taken 40 percocets since Monday. So much for that. I couldn't sleep at night cause the needles were pressing on my nerves causing head,neck and arm spasms. Finally found a comfortable position to sleep but only for a few hours at a time. I believe the permanent device will help if they can get it dialed in to the correct area. Not all down my legs and in my ### cheeks. :doh:
Well,I don't care how much pain I have to continue to endure it ain't gonna keep me away from fantasy football.I'll have internet access even if I'm bedridden and have my beer delivered to me :thumbup: Maybe I'll get a hot nurse for sponge baths. :yes:
:goodposting: s above. Sorry to hear that - glad we can help you pass the time and enjoy this hobby. Back pain sucks bigtime.

Well,I don't care how much pain I have to continue to endure it ain't gonna keep me away from fantasy football.I'll have internet access even if I'm bedridden and have my beer delivered to me :thumbup: Maybe I'll get a hot nurse for sponge baths. :yes:
:lmao: s above. Sorry to hear that - glad we can help you pass the time and enjoy this hobby. Back pain sucks bigtime.
:yes: Here's to hoping you don't get the 300 pounder that hates her job!

:lmao: s above. Sorry to hear that - glad we can help you pass the time and enjoy this hobby. Back pain sucks bigtime.
im feelin for ya bill walshi agree back pain is the worstpulling for that procedure to work out for ya

Sorry guys for not being around for my 5.03 pick. I had a neurostimulator implant in my spine on Monday and haven't been doing too well with it. Thanks god it comes out friday.It's only a trial to see if it helps and then they'll do a permanent implant.Not looking forward to it but I've been dealing with this pain for 3 years. Somethings gotta help. I had to be awake, no sedation, while they shoved those needles in my spine and I frigging groaned with pain and I told the Doc well trade places with me then if it ain't that bad, ########.This device is supposed toshoot electrical stimulus to the affected area to block pain signals to the brain. Yeah, well,I've taken 40 percocets since Monday. So much for that. I couldn't sleep at night cause the needles were pressing on my nerves causing head,neck and arm spasms. Finally found a comfortable position to sleep but only for a few hours at a time. I believe the permanent device will help if they can get it dialed in to the correct area. Not all down my legs and in my ### cheeks. :unsure:
Well,I don't care how much pain I have to continue to endure it ain't gonna keep me away from fantasy football.I'll have internet access even if I'm bedridden and have my beer delivered to me :thumbup:Maybe I'll get a hot nurse for sponge baths. :yes:
Good luck BW. Its Friday so hopefully this means that maybe you can get some sleep and be without as much pain, if they take it out.

Thanks guy for all your support. I knew I was in the right draft. Lotta jokesters and smack taklers but people that truly have heart. Don't wanna go into too much detail but my pain is in left groin and testicle. I've had dozens of injections, no help. Neurostimulator, hate to see that bill, didn't work. Now he wants to put leads and a stimulator under the skin in the groin area. Still requires surgery. If it works fine, if not the only thing left is to completely remove the inguinal nerve. That would leave me with no feeling or sensation in the groinand testicle. Oh well, if it work I can live with for another 25 -30 year. I should be close to 90 by then,lol. Regardless, all this crap ain't keeping me away from football. One way or another I'll be here. Once again guys, thyanks for your kind words and your support.

Thank God I've got excellant health insurance and have'nt had to pay for any of it. Fringe benefits I guess since my wife's a nurse at the hospital.

Thanks guy for all your support. I knew I was in the right draft. Lotta jokesters and smack taklers but people that truly have heart. Don't wanna go into too much detail but my pain is in left groin and testicle. I've had dozens of injections, no help. Neurostimulator, hate to see that bill, didn't work. Now he wants to put leads and a stimulator under the skin in the groin area. Still requires surgery. If it works fine, if not the only thing left is to completely remove the inguinal nerve. That would leave me with no feeling or sensation in the groinand testicle. Oh well, if it work I can live with for another 25 -30 year. I should be close to 90 by then,lol. Regardless, all this crap ain't keeping me away from football. One way or another I'll be here. Once again guys, thyanks for your kind words and your support.
Ok, this just keeps getting worse. I don't even know if I want to win the league at this point. As Jeff said, glad we can help to pass the time.

2.06 QB Peyton Manning

1.11 RB Frank Gore

3.11 RB Joseph Addai

4.06 WR Jericho Cotchery

5.11 WR Djax II

6.06 Donnie Avery

I feel like I've recovered enough in the WR department after drafting Manning to have a shot at sticking around for a while. Granted, these young WRs have a lot of risk but risk was necessary to makeup for bypassing the more reliable stud WRs in rounds 1-3. Besides, I feel that their downside is acceptable.

I have a long way to go to round out this team but things could be a lot worse after the Manning pick.

At what point do all of you throw in the towel and concede to the greatness that is LHUCKS??

FWP at 5.14...WTF are you guys smoking?

Don't let it happen again.

At what point do all of you throw in the towel and concede to the greatness that is LHUCKS?? FWP at 5.14...WTF are you guys smoking? Don't let it happen again.
Fantastic pick......................IF he can stay healthy...

At what point do all of you throw in the towel and concede to the greatness that is LHUCKS?? FWP at 5.14...WTF are you guys smoking? Don't let it happen again.
Won't throw in the towel and concede,but it's a pretty good pick. Still a lot of rounds to go with some good value left out there yet. As Sinrman said if he can stay healthy. I know he's had a little trouble with that. Still,he's gonna get opps in Pittsburgh.

Old Milwaukee-finished after his picks...

1.02 RB Steven Jackson

2.15 WR Terrel Owens

3.02 Braylon Edwards

4.15 Jay Cutler, prior to trade

Old RB with out Pace, and could be a marginal #1. TO, wow, in the snow, wow. Too soon. Braylon as a #2 would have been better with a better #1. Cutler worries me regardless of team. And not as QB#10. Not liking this team at all.

D+

Valence-

1.01 RB Adrian Peterson

2.16 Rb Reggie Bush

3.01 RB Marshawn Lynch

4.16 TE Kellen Winslow Jr.

ADP is ADP. Reggie is a gamble, high upside and low downside. Risky at 2.16. Couple that with Lynch at 3.1 and you will lead the league in RB scoring, but will it be enough to make up for three single digits a week in your WR scoring? KW2 is nice at 4.16. Lack of a WR in the mix worries me. Hard to grade

B+ for B@LLZ, D+ for winnability

Peace

Two references to number of rounds in this draft:

1) Rules: 20 Rounds

2) Pre-Draft Mention in sign up thread: 18 Rounds.

How many Rounds do we draft?
BUMP.Brother Yorke....an answer to a rehtorical question....just a question looking for an answer.

Toads-what is up with the italics?

1.04 WR Larry Fitzgerald

2.13 TE Antonio Gates

3.04 Aaron Rodgers

4.13 Jonathon Stewart

Fitz is a bona fide stud this year. With the running game and Breaston and Boldin to compliment him and a smart QB he will make defenses look stupid. Toss in Gates with 2 PPR and that is a leathal combo. Rodgers went too soon. Stewart could very well turn out to be a shark move, but it also has limited downside. He will get his touches. Top 3 so far bro.

A-
I want to thank you for taking the time to critque the teams.....a Labor of Love, no doubt. I also wished that you hadn't timed out in WSL #4....you woulda, coulda, shoulda....As to the italics....it's actually italics + bold:

1) I'm a firm believer in using the capacity of any set of FB boards....if they have a capacity for

Communication , that should be utilized to the fullest extent, plus

2) I'm able to see at an improved vision of about 400/20 and it helps me top be able to blold stuff. Italics is just an "add on" while I'm there (see above).

As to the team critques....Bloom is in (I think) #1 and he's the man. He understand MIXOLOGY , the make up of the teams based on the

a) Scoring system, and

b) Position/Player/Draft Order.

I'll summon up some cut and paste stuff and see if I can get some of his analysis copied into this thread.

He's Where It's Happenin' as far as factors effecting team strength.

Users who are viewing this thread