What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***OFFICIAL CHICAGO BLACKHAWKS PLAYOFF THREAD*** (2 Viewers)

What does "commit to the indian" mean anyway? Isn't that on Krista's shirt too? What's the deal with that?
Started during 08 season I think. Savard went ballistic on the team about mid season saying something to the effect of: Commit to the jersey, commit to the team. if they don't want to commit to the Indian then get rid of them.

What does "commit to the indian" mean anyway? Isn't that on Krista's shirt too? What's the deal with that?
Started during 08 season I think. Savard went ballistic on the team about mid season saying something to the effect of: Commit to the jersey, commit to the team. if they don't want to commit to the Indian then get rid of them.
That recent, huh? And what about the shirt with that saying? Do a lot of people have those (besides Doctor Detroit)? And more importantly, is that THE Krista wearing one?

That recent, huh? And what about the shirt with that saying? Do a lot of people have those (besides Doctor Detroit)? And more importantly, is that THE Krista wearing one?
Shirt started coming out shortly after the story getting into the press I think. I think that's Kirsta, but can't say 100%.

Racist Chicago fans at their worst. :thumbup:
:lmao: Stop being a tool. :lmao:
I thought that was good :fishing: for the Chicago fans who don't know me, you just ruined it buddy. :thumbdown:
That's what you get for the shot you took in the closer thread.Like I said, stop being a tool

So what was Campbell waiting for with ~30 seconds left? Why keep holding the puck when you have so many guys down and scrambling? Just shoot it.

Hawks got absolutely worked in OT and found a way to pull it off... Hoss with a nice keep and Ben Smith comes through again.

Game 7 :popcorn:

Hossa - poetry on ice. Wow.
When he actually wants to play. He was MIA all game, until the final shift. The guy is sooo frustrating. He disapears at times and others times he looks great. Glad someone let Hossa know they were playing a hockey game tonight and he decided to show up in OT.

Rough game tonight, lucky to get out of there with a skills competition win. Can't believe the Panthers put 41 shots on net.

All I care about is Toews getting out of this season with no further setbacks. I wouldn't protest if they picked up 16 or so wins along the way, but seeing Toews play for years to come is more important IMO.

Looks like yes:
Vrbata says he'll play in Saturday's Game 2 after missing just about all of Game 1 with an upper-body injury, Jim Gintonio of the Arizona Republic reports. Vrbata didn't skate Friday, but was on the ice Saturday morning. He told the Arizona Republic's Jim Gintonio that he is "fine," which is great news for the Coyotes, who still took Game 1 with their 35-goal scorer sidelined.

3 games for Shaw. :hot:
Complete horse####. Neal and Asham will probably get fines, same with Backstrom. Hawks should come out on fire tonight, Toews has already spoken out about the suspensions or lack thereof in the playoffs. Shanahan has become a complete joke at this point, the Wheel of Justice is back in play.

Here's the clip of Torres' illegal hit to the head on Hossa. Clip and another good angle slow mo

Refs missing all sorts of calls tonight.

Shaw gets suspended, Hossa gets smoked, and the Hawks get handed a loss. I guess at least it wasn't Smith assisting Torres on the game-winning goal in OT. Seems like karma coming due for the cheap shot Keith put on Sedin.

Shaw gets suspended, Hossa gets smoked, and the Hawks get handed a loss. I guess at least it wasn't Smith assisting Torres on the game-winning goal in OT. Seems like karma coming due for the cheap shot Keith put on Sedin.
Yeah except Keith's hit was in retaliation for a cheap shot by Sedin first in the corner. For sure it was a dirty hit and Keith shouldn't have done it but it wasn't Keith headhunting for the sake of headhunting.

That kind of hit has the potential to be a career-ender for Hossa.
I doubt it since he left the hospital. More than likely it's a concussion, also heard from a beat reporter of a rumor of a broken jaw. So unless it's a Crosby/Perron/Pronger type of concussion I don't think he's done. IIRC Hossa has no history of concussions so I would think he wouldn't get a career ending one the first time he has one, if in fact that's what it is.

Yeah except Keith's hit was in retaliation for a cheap shot by Sedin first in the corner. For sure it was a dirty hit and Keith shouldn't have done it but it wasn't Keith headhunting for the sake of headhunting.
Let's be honest, it doesn't matter if it's retaliation or not, a dirty hit is a dirty hit. I personally like the thought of the Sedins getting abused every chance possible as long as it's within the rules of the game. A hit with clear intention to injure like Keith's and IMO Torres' should never exist regardless of other circumstances. Besides possibly ending careers it absolutely changes the odds of who lifts the Stanley Cup. What bothers me the most is that the NHL doesn't have the sack to make player safety the number one priority by consistently doling out meaningful punishment to prevent illegal hits. You want to clean up dirty hits? Suspend for the hit, not the result, the fact that an injury does not occur should not lessen the severity of the punishment for an illegal hit. Each infraction should have a preset and known punishment. For example, you board someone it's 5 games and a fine that is 3% of your salary. Do it again within a year and now it's a 6% fine and 10 games. Also force the team to keep an empty roster slot for each suspended player, no more pulling someone up to fill their slot. As mentioned, raise the maximum fines. $2,500 being the maximum fine available is ridiculous. I'm guessing coaches and players would take it more seriously.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread