What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

AFFL thread (1 Viewer)

iSnitch

Footballguy
Listen - I think it's wonderful the new owners have really been able to mend the fences previous ownership destroyed. Because it's a great idea and a lot of fun.

But why in the world was http://forums.footballguys.com/forum/index...howtopic=475876 locked?

JB, do you really feel people come here that often in the offseason that they'll see it if they skip this site a couple days?

Imo, you should at least pin the thread (or at least pin a new one if you don't want newbies to see us criticize the old ownership).

I have to say, it seems as though you've been quite protective of AFFL to the point of appearing to be biased and it does give me pause for concern about products FBG promotes...maybe I'm being overly cynical but that's how it appears.

:shrug:

it seemed to me like Joe got his answer. He was trying to verify if everyone was paid, one guy said he wasn't.

it seemed to me like Joe got his answer. He was trying to verify if everyone was paid, one guy said he wasn't.
That's entirely reasonable. :shrug: I just didn't think one day was much time considering it's the offseason, but this isn't my site. And looking at how things have been handled in regard to AFFL and FBG in the past, I am of the mindset there is, or was, a bias there. Maybe it's just protecting another football site owner because he understands the difficulties that can arise. Maybe I'm reading too much into things. Or maybe there is actual bias for some monetary or other reasons. I don't know. And truthfully, I don't really care. I have the perception there is some kind of blatant bias there (nor do I think I'm the only one), and it makes me think twice for anything fbg's promotes, even if that hesitation only lasts a moment.

That's entirely reasonable. :shrug: I just didn't think one day was much time considering it's the offseason, but this isn't my site. And looking at how things have been handled in regard to AFFL and FBG in the past, I am of the mindset there is, or was, a bias there. Maybe it's just protecting another football site owner because he understands the difficulties that can arise. Maybe I'm reading too much into things. Or maybe there is actual bias for some monetary or other reasons. I don't know. And truthfully, I don't really care. I have the perception there is some kind of blatant bias there (nor do I think I'm the only one), and it makes me think twice for anything fbg's promotes, even if that hesitation only lasts a moment.
Joe got an answer that would end the discussion. If the discussion is ended, thread locking doesn't matter.

:lmao: at getting an answer on one post and locking the thread while banishing months of posts of FBG members being ripped off!

Yes. I really didn't think me asking a question like that is Shark Pool material so I locked it to move it on down the page. But if you guys want to keep talking about it, I can open it back up.J

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread