What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2009 Anarchy League 1 Thread (1 Viewer)

Very stoked with V. Davis/Celek turn...I actually have Celek ranked #5 in this format.
If he is actually your number 5, then good for you. However, I don't have him close to that range, and those two picks almost look scarily bad to me, even with the high value on TE's in this league.

and those two picks almost look scarily bad to me, even with the high value on TE's in this league.
:nerd:
From the Lhuck translation device:"I don't have an argument or justification for my picks. I was just throwing some crap at the wall and trying to see what sticks."
Nah...I truly believe that Celek picks up where he left off in the playoffs. As for Vernon Davis, he was a slight reach but I wanted two TEs with upside. The OC in SF has talked about getting Davis more involved and I actually believe him. With his athletic ability he just needs some targets before he's a fantasy force. The real risk with Davis is the Singletary doghouse that he could find himself in if he gets out of line.

and those two picks almost look scarily bad to me, even with the high value on TE's in this league.
:nerd:
From the Lhuck translation device:"I don't have an argument or justification for my picks. I was just throwing some crap at the wall and trying to see what sticks."
Nah...I truly believe that Celek picks up where he left off in the playoffs. As for Vernon Davis, he was a slight reach but I wanted two TEs with upside. The OC in SF has talked about getting Davis more involved and I actually believe him. With his athletic ability he just needs some targets before he's a fantasy force. The real risk with Davis is the Singletary doghouse that he could find himself in if he gets out of line.
Fair enough. :mellow: I have been known to sling some poo from time to time. :lol:

Gotta like them aquiring TO. Just hope the Oline can hold up thier end of the bargain.Edwards is light years better than Losman. Not sure who Sonny's pick was. But I am slightly optimistic about the Bills offense for a change this year.
Took Lynch and then Edwards, so I'm now a Bills fan (kinda). We're getting thin at QBs, and it was my last chance to get a respectable one. I like Edwards' upside, for obvious reasons. Of what was left, he has the best chance at surprising...along with little downside as I see it. Top 15 at least.But most of all, I knew Erin would be pumped. Let's go to the playoffs buddy! :hifive:

:goodposting:
No prob. If you are right I will happily admit it. But I think there are too many targets in Philly to boost Celek close to that high, and, as a Niner fan, I know Vernon is in for more of the same.
Ahem...
Vernon Davis-TE- 49ers Aug. 3 - 10:15 pm et

Vernon Davis has caught "everything thrown to him" at 49ers training camp so far, according to ESPN blogger Mike Sando.

Sando says Davis has stood out since minicamp season, which meshes with reports from beat writers Matt Maiocco and Matthew Barrows. You won't find a much better post-(post-?)hype sleeper in Jimmy Raye's tight end-friendly offense.
Consider yourselves educated...I should start charging you hacks to draft with me...educations rarely come free.

Last edited by a moderator:
4.13-Anthony Gonzalez...I had to try and secure 2 WRs on the 4/5 turn and I knew I was taking Coles on the way back. Gonzalez is a total gamble as he could easily not outproduce his ADP but hopefully no Dungy means the defense get sworse and they are having to throw the ball a lot in the 4th quarter trying to catch up or take the lead. Even Caldwell has to know who his bread and butter is on offense. Wayne and likely Clark will outscore him but there are usually plenty of balls to go around in Indy.

5.04-L.Coles...IMHO and also JT from staff, there is a real chance for Coles to approach 100 balls. Laugh if you want but this guy has had several 80-90 catch seasons and never had a QB with the arm of Palmer. I'm very optimistic but we'll see how it shakes out.

6.13-Devin Hester-Like the QB addition obviously and Chicago is a playoff team. Hester might be no different than 20 other WRs that are all projected for about 60-70 balls, 800-900 yds, and 4-6 TD...but he has Cutler and Chicago could easily be a playoff team and that means extra points.

Gonzo, Coles, Hester...16 team league, not the best, not the worst.

7.04-L.White...dropped weight, stopped drinking, and was 15th in 2007, 19th in 2008, PPR is a non factor for backs, eve if he doesn't score as many TDs, the Titans passing attack is woeful so you can count on him getting the ball. 800 yds and 10+ TDs is not out of the question here.

QB- AZ, SD

RB-LT, LWhite

WR-A.Gonz, L.Coles, D.Hester

Probably should have spiked 1 more WR but someone in my dynasty league popped Josh Morgan out of the hat, some nerve that guy.

:thumbup:
No prob. If you are right I will happily admit it. But I think there are too many targets in Philly to boost Celek close to that high, and, as a Niner fan, I know Vernon is in for more of the same.
Ahem...
Vernon Davis-TE- 49ers Aug. 3 - 10:15 pm et

Vernon Davis has caught "everything thrown to him" at 49ers training camp so far, according to ESPN blogger Mike Sando.

Sando says Davis has stood out since minicamp season, which meshes with reports from beat writers Matt Maiocco and Matthew Barrows. You won't find a much better post-(post-?)hype sleeper in Jimmy Raye's tight end-friendly offense.
Consider yourselves educated...I should start charging you hacks to draft with me...educations rarely come free.
To use a Star Wars analogy I turn to our good friend Han Solo...good against the machines/robots is one thing, good against the living, that's another. Please tell me you don't hang on every word coming out of camp. Have you read any team reports that say..."The Bills are really headed for disaster this year"...of course not. And we know there are teams that you can just cross right off the list.

I was VERY high on Celek a few months ago...until they drafted INgram. I was still pretty high on him...until OTA's. I was still felt fairly good about him...until camp.

Ingram is a serious threat to Celek's job. He's big, he's strong, and he's far more athletic. Even if Celek wins the starting gig, Ingram will take more then a few snaps away.

I think there's way too much risk there at the moment to justify the pick with other more stable TE's still available.

To use a Star Wars analogy I turn to our good friend Han Solo...good against the machines/robots is one thing, good against the living, that's another. Please tell me you don't hang on every word coming out of camp. Have you read any team reports that say..."The Bills are really headed for disaster this year"...of course not. And we know there are teams that you can just cross right off the list.
When the guy has the most impressive combine numbers in the history of TEs and every beatwriter in Northern Ca unanimously agrees that he's killing it in camp andthe coach is implementing a more TE friendly offense.That's when I start to listen...but by all means, steer clear of him MOP.Where do you have him ranked ace?

I was VERY high on Celek a few months ago...until they drafted INgram. I was still pretty high on him...until OTA's. I was still felt fairly good about him...until camp.Ingram is a serious threat to Celek's job. He's big, he's strong, and he's far more athletic. Even if Celek wins the starting gig, Ingram will take more then a few snaps away.I think there's way too much risk there at the moment to justify the pick with other more stable TE's still available.
Uhhh no. Celek is the starter all year here, barring injury. The coaches have made it clear...particularly since TE is a position that requires good experience to excel.

considering Twilight is a 49ers fan living in the Bay area, I really doubt you are educating him on Vernon Davis and how he's been doing in the first couple days of camp.and renesauz is an Eagles homer. :lmao: at LHUCKS picking fights with these two on these two teams. I think both players have good upside, but comments like this are why people stopped listening to anything you say long ago...

I was VERY high on Celek a few months ago...until they drafted INgram. I was still pretty high on him...until OTA's. I was still felt fairly good about him...until camp.Ingram is a serious threat to Celek's job. He's big, he's strong, and he's far more athletic. Even if Celek wins the starting gig, Ingram will take more then a few snaps away.I think there's way too much risk there at the moment to justify the pick with other more stable TE's still available.
Uhhh no. Celek is the starter all year here, barring injury. The coaches have made it clear...particularly since TE is a position that requires good experience to excel.
:lmao: Almost like you're taking this personal. I like Celek...a lot! But Philly is my team, and I follow them closely. Ingram has it all over Celek physically...so it's mostly a matter of time. There's certainly enough of a flag that I would be very wary of coupling him with another high risk TE. (BTW...I like Davis too...but I wouldn't draft them on the same team and certainly don't like drafting them back to back at the price you did)

considering Twilight is a 49ers fan living in the Bay area, I really doubt you are educating him on Vernon Davis and how he's been doing in the first couple days of camp.and renesauz is an Eagles homer. :rolleyes: at LHUCKS picking fights with these two on these two teams. I think both players have good upside, but comments like this are why people stopped listening to anything you say long ago...

Well, I certainly hope they don't think I'm "picking a fight"...I'm debating players with some cocky schtick is all. FF wouldn't be any fun if we all had the same opinions.

:rolleyes: Almost like you're taking this personal.
Nah, man. Not at all...I swear my schtick has got to be the most misunderstood on these boards. I love the give and take.
I like Celek...a lot! But Philly is my team, and I follow them closely. Ingram has it all over Celek physically...so it's mostly a matter of time. There's certainly enough of a flag that I would be very wary of coupling him with another high risk TE. (BTW...I like Davis too...but I wouldn't draft them on the same team and certainly don't like drafting them back to back at the price you did)
There are countless cases of the more physically gifted, less experienced player riding the pine...there is just no way Celek loses his spot to Ingram. Last I heard, Ingram was fighting for the #2 spot...he's not even in the starter discussion. Where are you getting this info from regarding Ingram? I pretty much read everything and watch everything and all I've heard is that he's impressing, but he's a backup at best this year.

As we hit the one third mark . . .

3.11 Brown, Ronnie MIA RB16

5.11 Johnson, Larry KCC RB26

Unlike past years, I wanted to get a couple of guys that should see prominent roles. Not great but servicable.

1.11 Wayne, Reggie IND WR4

2.06 Boldin, Anquan ARI WR7

4.06 Ward, Hines PIT WR18

6.06 Mason, Derrick BAL WR31

Obviously I invested a lot in receivers and some of them may have been slight reaches, but with the additional payoff with playoff potential they may not have gone all that early.

I still need to fill a lot of other slots and many will say that I won't make up my losses in those spots with the added scoring at WR. We'll have to wait and see . . .

BassNBrew said:
LHUCKS said:
Out of curiosity, would any of you have considered Celek or Davis before my 8.14 pick?
Uh no....you're managing to #### up a soft draft.
Perfect, yet another reason to bump this thread...me loves me some bumping in october.

LHUCKS said:
renesauz said:
:lmao: Almost like you're taking this personal.
Nah, man. Not at all...I swear my schtick has got to be the most misunderstood on these boards. I love the give and take.
renesauz said:
I like Celek...a lot! But Philly is my team, and I follow them closely. Ingram has it all over Celek physically...so it's mostly a matter of time. There's certainly enough of a flag that I would be very wary of coupling him with another high risk TE. (BTW...I like Davis too...but I wouldn't draft them on the same team and certainly don't like drafting them back to back at the price you did)
There are countless cases of the more physically gifted, less experienced player riding the pine...there is just no way Celek loses his spot to Ingram. Last I heard, Ingram was fighting for the #2 spot...he's not even in the starter discussion. Where are you getting this info from regarding Ingram? I pretty much read everything and watch everything and all I've heard is that he's impressing, but he's a backup at best this year.
Schobel is the other TE on the roster...and has already been passed up by Ingram. At this point in his career, Schobel is lucky to even be on an NFL roster. INgram will see the field this year, more then the typical WCO rookie TE.Following the beat writers, but also checking first hand comments from fans who've watched the live practices. I've yet to see anything negative written on INgram.I love what Celek did last year, and he's improved his blocking. He is a solid NFL TE. BUt Ingram brings a speed and athleticsm that Celek can't match , and has terrific hands. Honestly...I do believe Celek holds him off this year, but I don't think I'd invest the pick you did counting on it because there just isn't enough upside room to justify the downside risk.

LHUCKS said:
Out of curiosity, would any of you have considered Celek or Davis before my 8.14 pick?
Doubt it, but it might depend on if the TE crop was thinned a bit more. Don't think Celek will find many of my rosters this year (in these later drafts)....Davis might find one or two.

Going to be out of touch until this evening. I pre-drafted my 9th and tenth picks. Ninth will be good...but can't be positive on tenth. Apologies in advance if it isn't, and I'll be back 4-6 est.

Going to be out of touch until this evening. I pre-drafted my 9th and tenth picks. Ninth will be good...but can't be positive on tenth. Apologies in advance if it isn't, and I'll be back 4-6 est.
I should have posted something like this before I had to take off Monday. I did a similar pre-draft, but it either wasn't enough guys or I deleted it somehow when I took the Benson pick off autodraft so I could type benson_will_lead_the_way in the comments box. I was really trying to be better at this, too. ;)Thanks DAvid for picking for me. Breaston's not a bad booby prize all things considered. But be forewarned that the only thing more consistent than my history of being a sucky drafter in this league is David's history of giving me the guy who does the absolute worst possible at the ADP of my current pick, so let this be a warning to anyone considering Breaston in money leagues.

Benson, Cedric CIN RB - 8

Jones, Julius SEA RB - 7

Portis, Clinton WAS RB - 8

Washington, Leon NYJ RB - 9

Breaston, Steve ARI WR - 4 <-- Probably would have been the Jax quarterback, Donald Brown or the Steelers D. I thought those were all good picks.

Bryant, Antonio TBB WR (P) - 8

Fitzgerald, Larry ARI WR - 4

Cooley, Chris WAS TE - 8

Shockey, Jeremy NOS TE - 5

I obviously wanted to get my TEs earlier this year. I think the Washington D is going to be very stingy this year, which leads me to think that Cooley and Portis are going to get a lot of work on long possessions. I think Shockey is seriously underrated. I like having any part of that New Orleans offense, but Shockey caught 50 balls in 12 games last year while battling a sports hernia and playing his first year with the team. Now he's healthy and has a chance to get on the same page with Brees. I think his upside is limited somewhat by the fact that the NFL continues to only allow one football on the field at the time, but if you prorate his injury-limited stats to a 16 game season, he'd be TE7, and maybe better than that if you give him a playoff game or two. Not bad for a late fourth rounder in this league, especially considering that my Cooley pick was at the front of a mini-run on TEs. I liked Olsen in the same area, but I think he's a little overhyped going into this season. He's going to need to make a big jump this year to justify a third rounder in this format, and an even bigger one to exceed expectations.

I wanted to get a couple top receivers because they flew off the shelves, and Fitzgerald/Bryant are a nice pairing at that position. I seriously considered Jones-Drew and other RBs early but I have a serious man crush on Fitzgerald. Breaston gives me a plan B if something happens to him, so that was a nice pick by DY. Thanks again.

As for RBs, I was happy with Portis at the end of the second. Julius Jones is a starting running back on a team that should be better across the board, but especially at running the ball. Housh opens things up for him and the Mora/Knapp reconnection should lead to better running as well. The Jets have a messy backfield but Leon Washington is the only guy there who seems assured of getting a lot of touches. He's one of the very few playmakers on that offense. This seems like the spot in the draft where the true bargain basement RBs are taken - the guys who should get decent production, but have limited upside - and I wanted to get a bunch of them.

Can't get on the site to pick. Only have a couple minutes and then can't be on again for a few hours (football practice). Will try again in a couple of minutes . . .

Any of you guys know Hear-The-Footsteps? Worried he might time-out, as he hasn't been on the board in over 2 days. I sent e/p-mails, but if any of you can get in touch, please do.

Hear the Footsteps...fine now let's See the Footsteps please.

3:30 was the last pick...what if we can't reach him? I guess Yudkin will just pick for him?

Sorry about that. Long story.

Anyway, per the rules:

"4 hour pick limit. Timer shut off from Midnight to 8 AM Eastern time. Predraft if you suspect you will not be around for your pick. Participants that miss a pick can email a replacement pick to the commissioner (Anarchy) at any time. If someone misses more than one pick, commissioner will make a pick."

I realize my time did expire (for some reason thoguht it was longer than 4 hrs, but I guess not).

Anyway, per these rules, can you give me Maroney instead of Burleson. I never missed more than one pick - thus commissioner's pick of Burleson should not stand.

Thanks,

HTF

HTF was trying to picking while I was picking for him, so I have no problem giving him Maroney (and it's better for the rest of us anyway). So we should be good to go.

Interesting. Me and Jason Woods have taken an almost identical approach.

Currently both have:

2 QB

2 RB

5 WR

2 TE

2 D

Clearly, we weren't seeing much value at RB.

Dolphins, Miami MIA TMQB - 6

Steelers, Pittsburgh PIT TMQB - 8

Addai, Joseph IND RB (P) - 6

Jones, Kevin CHI RB - 5

Mendenhall, Rashard PIT RB - 8

Turner, Michael ATL RB - 4

Crayton, Patrick DAL WR - 6

Edwards, Braylon CLE WR - 9

Henderson, Devery NOS WR - 5

Marshall, Brandon DEN WR (P) - 7

Walter, Kevin HOU WR - 10

Washington, Nate TEN WR - 7

Gonzalez, Tony ATL TE - 4

Scheffler, Tony DEN TE - 7

Brown, Kris HOU PK - 10

Longwell, Ryan MIN PK - 9

Rams, St. Louis STL Def - 9

Saints, New Orleans NOS Def - 5

Buccaneers, Tampa Bay TBB TMQB - 8

Jets, New York NYJ TMQB - 9

Benson, Cedric CIN RB - 8

Jones, Julius SEA RB - 7

McGahee, Willis BAL RB (P) - 7

Portis, Clinton WAS RB - 8

Washington, Leon NYJ RB - 9

Branch, Deion SEA WR (P) - 7

Breaston, Steve ARI WR - 4

Bryant, Antonio TBB WR (O) - 8

Fitzgerald, Larry ARI WR - 4

Galloway, Joey NEP WR - 8

Cooley, Chris WAS TE - 8

Shockey, Jeremy NOS TE - 5

Brown, Josh STL PK - 9

Crosby, Mason GBP PK - 5

Packers, Green Bay GBP Def - 5

Raiders, Oakland OAK Def - 9

Final roster (I have no choice on my final pick)

QB: F

RB: A-

WR: A-

TE: A-

K: C+

D: C-

Player YTD Pts ByeDolphins, Miami MIA TMQB - 6Steelers, Pittsburgh PIT TMQB - 8Addai, Joseph IND RB (P) - 6Jones, Kevin CHI RB - 5Mendenhall, Rashard PIT RB - 8Turner, Michael ATL RB - 4Crayton, Patrick DAL WR - 6Edwards, Braylon CLE WR - 9Henderson, Devery NOS WR - 5Marshall, Brandon DEN WR (P) - 7Walter, Kevin HOU WR - 10Washington, Nate TEN WR - 7Gonzalez, Tony ATL TE - 4Scheffler, Tony DEN TE - 7Brown, Kris HOU PK - 10Longwell, Ryan MIN PK - 9Rams, St. Louis STL Def - 9Saints, New Orleans NOS Def - 5
QB: BRB: BWR: C+TE: B-K: BD: D

Bengals, Cincinnati CIN TMQB - 8

Panthers, Carolina CAR TMQB - 4

Fargas, Justin OAK RB (P) - 9

Hillis, Peyton DEN RB (P) - 7

Jackson, Steven STL RB - 9

Maroney, Laurence NEP RB - 8

Cotchery, Jerricho NYJ WR - 9

Houshmandzadeh, T.J. SEA WR - 7

Johnson, Calvin DET WR (P) - 7

Ochocinco, Chad CIN WR - 8

Toomer, Amani KCC WR - 8

Williams, Demetrius BAL WR (P) - 7

McMichael, Randy STL TE (Q) - 9

Scaife, Bo TEN TE - 7

Gould, Robbie CHI PK - 5

Rackers, Neil ARI PK - 4

Chargers, San Diego SDC Def - 5

Panthers, Carolina CAR Def - 4

Btw, I was curious as to how I've done in these Anarchy leagues through the years. And I came upon something very interesting. But before I get to that, for anyone who may care (I expect that is no one), just b/c I took the time already to check:

2008: 3rd

2007: 13th

2006: 9th

2005: 1st (in Anarchy2)

So two top 3 finishes in 4 years is pretty good, right? Especially considering one of them was the top spot.

Now here is where the patting myself on the back ends and I get to the interesting part. When I was checking previous years' league standings, I noticed that Bass-n-Brew has finished in the top 3 each of the last 3 years. I think that is very impressive in a league of 16 teams...so congrats to you. He has finised with a 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place standing in each of the last 3 years. Very impressive!

Users who are viewing this thread