What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Video games...what ya playing? And what are you looking forward to? (8 Viewers)

Now showing: Crysis 2"a new kind of sandbox experience, we give you the tools, the guns, the grenades, and the ultimate weapon, the nanosuit" "Most intelligent enemies ever in a first person shooter"Looks sick. I hope it plays better than the first did.
How different will Crysis be from pc gaming to platforming?

For those that don't know -- I didn't until a couple of hours ago -- G4 is showing all this stuff live. Channel 310 on DirecTV. I've never watched any of this stuff beore except in selected YouTube clips ("giant enemy crab"), but I'm finding these pressers to be pretty entertaining.

Now showing: Crysis 2"a new kind of sandbox experience, we give you the tools, the guns, the grenades, and the ultimate weapon, the nanosuit" "Most intelligent enemies ever in a first person shooter"Looks sick. I hope it plays better than the first did.
How different will Crysis be from pc gaming to platforming?
The graphics were the only thing impressive about the first Crysis, IMO. The gameplay felt generic to me. I don't expect it to be any different going to a console. I'm only responding to what I'm seeing. I'd have to wait to play it to say whether it's better or not.

For those that don't know -- I didn't until a couple of hours ago -- G4 is showing all this stuff live. Channel 310 on DirecTV. I've never watched any of this stuff beore except in selected YouTube clips ("giant enemy crab"), but I'm finding these pressers to be pretty entertaining.
Spike also aired the Microsoft conference in its entirety and I believe will also air Sony 12E/9P and Nintendo 3E/12P tomorrow.

Now showing: Battlefield Bad Company 2: Vietnam! Holy ####! Aww, just a teaser.
:thumbup: Cruel SOBs.
Update: EA has revealed a few more details about Vietnam, which will be a multiplayer-only expansion, featuring four new maps. Additionally, the add-on will include "enhanced" persistence, as well as new weapons, vehicles, unlocks, awards and Achievements/Trophies. Pricing will be announced at a later date. View the trailer here.

:thumbup: Cruel SOBs.
Update: EA has revealed a few more details about Vietnam, which will be a multiplayer-only expansion, featuring four new maps. Additionally, the add-on will include "enhanced" persistence, as well as new weapons, vehicles, unlocks, awards and Achievements/Trophies. Pricing will be announced at a later date. View the trailer here.
Pricing is the key thing here. Like I mentioned in the Battlefield thread, I'm very interested in a Bad Company 2 expansion, but with only four maps it needs to be in the $20-$25 range. And while I'm kind of disappointed that Dead Space 2 isn't coming out during the Christmas season, there's obviously going to be some major releases that this is competing with. Too bad this isn't coming out in July or August.

Last edited by a moderator:
:goodposting: Cruel SOBs.
Pricing is the key thing here. Like I mentioned in the Battlefield thread, I'm very interested in a Bad Company 2 expansion, but with only four maps it needs to be in the $20-$25 range. And while I'm kind of disappointed that Dead Space 2 isn't coming out during the Christmas season, there's obviously going to be some major releases that this is competing with. Too bad this isn't coming out in July or August.
If it's basically a map pack for Bad Company 2 with 4 maps, they had better not sell it for more than the Modern Warfare 2 map packs that were $15 and Battlefield 1943, which came with 4 maps and was also $15.And @fasteddie regarding Star Wars Kinect, I thought it looked a bit cheesy too. So far nothing has convinced me that I wouldn't mind having Kinect, much less needing one. I'm not too confident that price will help there, either.

:lmao: Cruel SOBs.
Seriously. 5-6 months is a long time to wait for just 4 maps.

SlaX said:
IvanKaramazov said:
Spike also aired the Microsoft conference in its entirety and I believe will also air Sony 12E/9P and Nintendo 3E/12P tomorrow.
Apparently I had the conferences mixed up. Nintendo is first, and Sony's is at 3E/12P. It also doesn't appear that Spike is airing today's conferences.

First up for Nintendo. Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword

This demonstration is very interesting. I admit to being a big Shigeru Miyamoto fan.

There's either a video delay in gameplay or the game still needs tweaking. They're blaming the delays on wireless interference from the audience.

Gameplay aside, the game looks beautiful. I'm sure it will be a great a addition for Zelda fans.

Last note: Game available 2011.

Note: I know we don't have a lot of open Wii/Nintendo players here, so I'll consolidate updates to one post unless it's a major announcement.

Trailer for Mario Volleyball game. It has dodgeball and basketball too. It's called Mario Sports Mix.

Wii Party announced after lots of jawing from Reggie. It's a party game using Mii's. This is Nintendo's first party game, right?

Just Dance 2

Golden Sun: Dark Dawn for DS - available this holiday

Disney Epic Mickey is shown. It's supposed to be a big title for the Wii, bringing back many classic and old forgotten Disney characters. Animation looks good. It kinda looks like a half platformer, half RPG, in the sense of Legend of Zelda. Looking at it closer, I think it's 100% platformer.

New Kirby game - Kirby's Epic Yarn. It's like Paper Mario, but with Kirby and it's yarn instead of paper. Will release this Fall.

Dragon Quest 9 for DS - available next month

New Goldeneye game announcement. It uses Daniel Craig instead of Pierce Brosnan. No multiplayer shown. (personal note: and why should we care for multiplayer on the Wii? isn't it hard to add friends with Wii codes?)

Out this holiday.

Metroid: Other M video is shown. I wanna play it. :lmao: Available Aug 31.

Donkey Kong Country for Wii. :drool: Official name, Donkey Kong Country Returns.

Nintendo 3DS shown. 3D version of the DS, if you haven't figured it out. It doesn't look like it'll be a trainwreck the Virtual Boy was.

Personal Note: I find humor in Nintendo going forward in pursuing the 3D market, yet won't make the Wii HD. edit: watching an interview with Miyamoto after the conference, I now know the answer to this. Nintendo has a hard on for 3D and always has. It goes back to the NES days when they were trying 3D then, like with Rad Racer, etc. And then with the Virtual Boy. Apparently, they've tried 3D with every Nintendo console they've made, although not all of them have made it to market. Interesting.

Kid Icarus for Wii Nintendo 3DS. It's about bloody time this franchise was revived! edit: Aww, what a disappointment, I thought it was a full game.

Official name: Kid Icarus Uprising

They list all of the companies supporting development for the 3DS. Too many to list here.

They're spending a ton of time on the 3DS. They're allowing the people in the event a chance to try out the 3DS. It appears they aren't making any more announcements.

Sony - They expect people to go out and buy their 3D product when most people don't even and go get a mic? 3D and Wii/Kinect/Move are all :towelwave:

Sony - They expect people to go out and buy their 3D product when most people don't even and go get a mic? 3D and Wii/Kinect/Move are all :shrug:
I'd buy Kinect for the wife/kids to use if it was like $50. $150, no way.
I know, the main reason the Wii sold great is because of their price. For the Kinect, $50 it would be a smash hit. $100 it should do fine. But if they go in the $150-$200 range I can see it being a flop, which they would deserve.

Any new info on socom 4?

I might shell out some cash for a ps3 just to play this if its good like socom 1/2.

Coca-Cola ad guy is killing it, you can tell a huge difference between the pros and the desk guys giving presentations.

Sony - They expect people to go out and buy their 3D product when most people don't even and go get a mic? 3D and Wii/Kinect/Move are all :lmao:
I'd buy Kinect for the wife/kids to use if it was like $50. $150, no way.
I was really hoping to see a RTS game that is controlled by kinect. The last thing I wanted to see were more rehashed Wii games where I have to jump around like a ##### to make my raft go up and down.

Had a power outage for over an hour. I'm just getting restarted here, so I haven't seen much of Sony's conference. I have seen some of it, so I'll comment one what I've seen.

I still believe that Playstation Move will do much better than Kinect. The games I've seen for it so far show and the $50 price tag is one that Kinect needed to bring in the audience.

Also, I like that most of the games that are going to integrate Move and keep normal controller control has the ability to do so all in one package on a BluRay disc. They could have sold them separately, but I'm happy to see that.

What I've seen from Sony's presser, and like I've said, it's not alot, it's killed Microsoft and Nintendo's. And Kevin Butler stole the show.

I'll check out a full stream of the whole show later to see what I've missed.

Wrigley said:
SlaX said:
As promised a Multiplayer Trailer of Medal of Honor, plus...

Multiplayer Gameplay footage of Medal of Honor. Yes, they were playing with 24-players like that on stage.
Comes out on my birthdayI think I know what my wife can get me.
I am failing to see how this is NOT BF:Bad Company 2.01 here. :hot:
It's created by Dice. So, I guess it technically is.
They are starting to revolutionize the term CASH GRAB™

I forgot to mention that when I saw footage of Sorcery, I thought "Eh, it's like Harry Potter." But it really caught my interest and looked like it would be very fun to play in a Fable sort of way.

I like that EA Sports seems to be working with Sony with the Move. These are the type of games that I would need to have for Kinect for it to sell me.

Hold on Gabe Newell is on stage.... Portal 2 is coming to Playstation 3. Steam support is coming to Playstation 3?

And oooh... a Portal 2 trailer! "I think we can put our differences aside, for science. You monster." - GLaDoS

Cash grab indeed. It looks like Bad Company 3.
BC3 would infer the graphics and gameplay were improved and different. Looks exactly the same. :lmao:
Yeah, that's what I meant. It literally looks identical to BC2 except for the way the ribbons appear on screen when you earn them.
Indeed. And apparently, there is some super weapon you can possess that blows up a massive swath. I wonder if this is where DICE makes BC2 a MW2 clone with perks and powerups?

Users who are viewing this thread