What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Video games...what ya playing? And what are you looking forward to? (12 Viewers)

Been playing a lot of Battlefied Bad Company 2. Great game. This is the game that MAG wishes it was.
Is it still all sniping all the time?
The team deathmatch is brutal. Tons of sniping. But the rush game involves a lot of fun run and gun.
I have moved on to hardcore mode. With a good squad playing conquest is great and it's nice I don't have to empty a clip to kill people. And if your a good shot...you are rewarded. No radar, no spotting...it is for the real men.Anyway I have given the game a rest. I am total football mode with NCAA, Madden and my rediscovery of NFL2K5 with loads of classic rosters!

Bought a used copy of Demons Souls. Regretting it.
Really, why? Alot of people swear by it. I have heard its unforgivibly hard.
It's not really hard - it's more that dying / trial and error is how you are supposed to play. Usually, the whole "you died - you have to start the whole level over... oh, and every enemy has respawned" would be a terrible design choice, but it works here. When you make it through a level, it's really satisfying - and actually, once you make it through any particular stretch, you realize it really wasn't that hard - you died more because you ran in unprepared or fought sloppily. It's hard to describe, really, but it's a lot of fun. And the sword/shield/bow/etc combat is easily the best I have ever played.

Totally unique game, and one of my favorites of all time.

It's not really hard - it's more that dying / trial and error is how you are supposed to play. Usually, the whole "you died - you have to start the whole level over... oh, and every enemy has respawned" would be a terrible design choice, but it works here. When you make it through a level, it's really satisfying - and actually, once you make it through any particular stretch, you realize it really wasn't that hard - you died more because you ran in unprepared or fought sloppily. It's hard to describe, really, but it's a lot of fun. And the sword/shield/bow/etc combat is easily the best I have ever played.

You must have hated NES games.nevermind. I read it wrong and thought that was what you were complaining about it. Yes, reading comprehension down.

Last edited by a moderator:

You must have hated NES games.nevermind. I read it wrong and thought that was what you were complaining about it. Yes, reading comprehension down.
Yea, I did hate NES games. Actually, I can't say that - there were a few years I left videogames to concentrate on partying (so it would seem, anyway), and that's when NES came out - by the time I got back into it, it was Sega Genesis and then computers. So I kind of missed the boat on the whole Nintendo thing.

It's not that it's hard I just get angry easy. Every level has a pattern and you get a little further in everytime you die which is alot. You literally have to play through a world like 30 times. What's a good level progression. I'm kinda just going through world 1. I'm up to 1-2.

This is one of those games I'll pick up and put down many times over the year.

Playing Assassin's Creed. Fun game, a bit monotonous at times.

Next up: Two Worlds, Lego Indiana Jones: Original Adventures, Kung-Fu Panda(came with Lego IJ), Perfect Dark Zero, Marvel Ultimate Alliance, and Forza 3.

I'm cheap so I buy old games.

jwb said:
STEADYMOBBIN 22 said:
Sundays Rule said:

:thumbup: The melee combat system is excellent in this game, and when you get to the point where you can clear a particular level without dying once, it's extremely satisfying. The multiplayer is also great. I've built a couple of characters for the sole purpose of using them to invade other people's games, and that never seems to get old.

Edit: That said, Demon's Souls isn't for everybody. This is probably one of the most "love it or hate games" games of this generation.

DrJ said:
Iraqi Information Minister said:
IvanKaramazov said:
What was the overall verdict on Bioshock 2 from those who played it? I know the multiplayer was not well-received, but it's getting to the point where I ought to be able to pick up a discounted copy for the SP pretty soon if it's worthwhile.
I LOVED the first one. Liked the second.The pro's are that it LOOKS absolutely stunning. I mean jaw dropping cool.The con's are that the story isn't quite as compelling and the newness factor isn't there. I didn't find it nearly as scary either but that might be a function of downgrading from a 92" to 37" screen.If you played the first, you'll like the 2nd I think.
Spot on. They did some new stuff with the second, but overall it was the same game with a little extra dressing on top of it. It doesn't make it not good, but it doesn't have the same wow factor as the first as a result. When you play it you get a been there, done that feeling.
i haven't played my copy yet, but i'd heard it was pretty easy compared to the first game. i just hope it's creepy to play in the dark.

Sundays Rule said:
It's not that it's hard I just get angry easy. Every level has a pattern and you get a little further in everytime you die which is alot. You literally have to play through a world like 30 times. What's a good level progression. I'm kinda just going through world 1. I'm up to 1-2. This is one of those games I'll pick up and put down many times over the year.
The "pattern" thing goes away once you really get combat down. Then it'll be less trial and error, and more tactical in nature.A few things that will make it easier:1) Start w/ the class that gets the Soul Arrow spell right away (I think it's a Royal). Makes the beginning a lot easier.2) Get the ring that gives you 50% more HP in soul form - I think it's in 1-1 or 1-2 (check a walkthrough). A big help - it makes playing in soul form very viable.3) Use your shield. In most RPG's, a shield is just for show, or the character automatically uses it, etc. Here, you really have to use it. But once you start getting into blocking attacks and then countering and seeing how it works, it gets really addictive. The combat is sweet.4) Unlike most RPG's, you can't just wade in. One at a time. 5) Spend your money / points.ETA - as far as level progression, there is no right or wrong way. Anything "open" to you is viable. It's fun to bounce around the different levels.

jwb said:
STEADYMOBBIN 22 said:
Sundays Rule said:

Does it have 2 player co-op play? My son and I love playing Baldurs Gate and Baldurs Gate II together.

madshot31 said:
Buddy Ball 2K3 said:
Haven't played an MMO type game in ages, but this has peaked my interest.

Guild Wars 2
Huge fan of Guild Wars. :thumbup:
I played a lot of the original GW, but never got into any of the expansions. Curious how this one works out and have been following it for a few years. Almost disappeared into vaporware a while ago.

Just got ME2 through amazon. :thumbup:

Got a discount on the game, gun.

Thinking of buying either alan wake or batman arkham asylum off of points2shop.any thoughts?

either game worth playing?

Just got ME2 through amazon.:goodposting:Got a discount on the game, gun.Thinking of buying either alan wake or batman arkham asylum off of points2shop.any thoughts?either game worth playing?
Buy Arkham Asylum. Rent Alan Wake. Both worth playing.Maybe if you're a huge Stephen King, Twin Peaks fan and not so much a big Batman fan, you can switch those around. But that's just my opinion.

jwb said:
STEADYMOBBIN 22 said:
Sundays Rule said:

Does it have 2 player co-op play? My son and I love playing Baldurs Gate and Baldurs Gate II together.
Sort of, but it's a little awkward. You have to be in body form and your teammate needs to be in soul form. He drops a stone that says he's willing to be summoned into another person's game. If you and he are at approximately the same level, you'll see that stone in your game, and then you can summon him. This only works online; there's no offline or split-screen coop. And there's no mic supportAgain, this is the sort of thing that would be game-breaking in any other game, but it works really well in this one for some reason.

Just got ME2 through amazon.:goodposting:Got a discount on the game, gun.Thinking of buying either alan wake or batman arkham asylum off of points2shop.any thoughts?either game worth playing?
Buy Arkham Asylum. Rent Alan Wake. Both worth playing.Maybe if you're a huge Stephen King, Twin Peaks fan and not so much a big Batman fan, you can switch those around. But that's just my opinion.
Actually both.I don't have gamefly, but I'm not losing anything by getting it free. :loco:

What should I get? I have an Amazon gift certificate. I pre-ordered Civ5 and have enough for a new PS3 game or couple older ones. Don't feel like spending full price on RDD. Not sure why, really. I know I'd enjoy it, but I figure I missed the first month buzz, why pay full price?

WVU Alum said:

Next up: Two Worlds, Lego Indiana Jones: Original Adventures, Kung-Fu Panda(came with Lego IJ), Perfect Dark Zero, Marvel Ultimate Alliance, and Forza 3.

I played that a little bit. The framerate pretty much ruins the game, which sucks because it has/had a lot of potential. I really liked some of the spells and it has co-op. The co-op isn't the main storyline though, which is gay, imo.

Anybody play Risen? Looks pretty good, but I'm guessing it sucks since I haven't heard 1 word about it.

Never mind. Just watched a couple reviews and it's horrible. A ton of fetch quests, single click combat. They did say it might be a lot better on the PC.

How much would rock band 2 go for on goozex?rock band 3's set list looks boring.
Rock Band 3 set list = Rock Band 1 setlist + Rock Band 2 setlist + Rock Band Network DLC + Rock Band DLC + Rock Band 3 setlist (+ Rock Band Green Day setlist + Rock Band ACDC if you want to go that far)I don't see a problem here.But if you're cool with converting to Frets on Fire (which would mean you'd play Rock Band/Guitar Hero from a PC - you can connect it to your TV, before you think: "ew!"), you wouldn't need any Rock Band or Guitar Hero games again, unless you wanted to play the new pro mode.
I've been playing FOF, but for some reason it won't recognize fast strumming like on beast and the harlot or panic attack.(it will be always late,or won't register.)how do i fix this?
What version of FoFiX are you using right now? Also, in the settings, go into Mods, Cheats, AI and tell me what your Note Hit Window is set to.
Standard.

WVU Alum said:

I played that a little bit. The framerate pretty much ruins the game, which sucks because it has/had a lot of potential. I really liked some of the spells and it has co-op. The co-op isn't the main storyline though, which is gay, imo.

Anybody play Risen? Looks pretty good, but I'm guessing it sucks since I haven't heard 1 word about it.

Never mind. Just watched a couple reviews and it's horrible. A ton of fetch quests, single click combat. They did say it might be a lot better on the PC.
skip two worlds. if you like cars, you need to already be playing Forza 3.

STEADYMOBBIN 22 said:
Adebisi said:
Fallout 3 just wasn't for me. Threw it up on eBay, where Red Dead is going as soon as my buddy is done with it.
:shrug:
Maybe I'm just not patient enough... but I spent a solid hour or two doing not much else besides talking to people and trying to figure out WTF was going on. I know that everyone encouraged me to just stick with it, but I just don't have the patience.

Adebisi said:
Fallout 3 just wasn't for me. Threw it up on eBay, where Red Dead is going as soon as my buddy is done with it.
I'm playing the GOTY version now, and enjoying it. what didn't you like about it?
I guess it was just the lack of action. I have neither the time nor the inclination to spend hours on end talking to people in video games. It just didn't progress past enough for me.

Adebisi said:
I'm playing the GOTY version now, and enjoying it. what didn't you like about it?
I guess it was just the lack of action. I have neither the time nor the inclination to spend hours on end talking to people in video games. It just didn't progress past enough for me.
maybe you should pass on RPGS?

Given the lack of new maps with BFBC2, I am gonna focus a bit on ME, for a while I think. Then move on the ME2, Fallout 2 and then Dragon Age hopefully. :yawn:

Given the lack of new maps with BFBC2, I am gonna focus a bit on ME, for a while I think. Then move on the ME2, Fallout 2 and then Dragon Age hopefully. :yawn:
Just remember in ME1 that you can just focus on the story mission and it will be alright while reducing the time a bit and the stuff some people didn't like.

Given the lack of new maps with BFBC2, I am gonna focus a bit on ME, for a while I think. Then move on the ME2, Fallout 2 and then Dragon Age hopefully. :nerd:
Just remember in ME1 that you can just focus on the story mission and it will be alright while reducing the time a bit and the stuff some people didn't like.
Well, there is not a ton on the horizon that I am anxious for, so I might as well kick back and enjoy the ride. :2cents:

WVU Alum said:
Playing Assassin's Creed. Fun game, a bit monotonous at times. Next up: Two Worlds, Lego Indiana Jones: Original Adventures, Kung-Fu Panda(came with Lego IJ), Perfect Dark Zero, Marvel Ultimate Alliance, and Forza 3.I'm cheap so I buy old games.
Ultimate Alliance is fun if you have a co-op person you can play with.

I had forgotten what a fun game ME really is. Takes a little while to really get into, but once you are, :thumbup: I always seem to go the soldier route if for no other reason than to have access to heavy armor and look like a stormtrooper.

:confused:
Maybe I'm just not patient enough... but I spent a solid hour or two doing not much else besides talking to people and trying to figure out WTF was going on. I know that everyone encouraged me to just stick with it, but I just don't have the patience.
Feeling the same way. Hoping that things will change once I'm out of the Vault.

XBox sold. Thank you for your interest.
:goodposting:
You already have one anyway, Worm.Ah. BTW, I still have an XBox 360. I just upgraded to one of the S-models from my old original 20GB console. The earlier post was just asking if anyone was interested in buying my older one. I editted it when I sold it. I guess I should've left the original text. But no need to worry, I'm still an XBoxer.

:hot:
the game doesn't even barely begin when you get out of the vault. What you are doing now is nothing more than a very basic introduction.

:hot:
the game doesn't even barely begin when you get out of the vault. What you are doing now is nothing more than a very basic introduction.
I agree. I'd at least wait until you get to Rivet City. If you aren't into it by then, you should probably give up.

Giant Wooden Badger said:
:shrug:
Judging Fallout 3 by your experience in the vault is like judging Disney World without leaving the hotel room.

Just got ME2 through amazon.:lmao:Got a discount on the game, gun.Thinking of buying either alan wake or batman arkham asylum off of points2shop.any thoughts?either game worth playing?
Buy Alan Wake. I will trade you Arkham Asylum for it when you are done.(I am a huge Stephen King and Twin Peaks fan.)

SlaX said:
Worm said:
SlaX said:
XBox sold. Thank you for your interest.
:coffee:
You already have one anyway, Worm.Ah. BTW, I still have an XBox 360. I just upgraded to one of the S-models from my old original 20GB console. The earlier post was just asking if anyone was interested in buying my older one. I editted it when I sold it. I guess I should've left the original text. But no need to worry, I'm still an XBoxer.
:lol:

Just got Assassin's Creed via goozex... played about 3 hours worth so far and it's pretty good. Is AC2 good / should I go ahead and get it if I like the first one?

Just got Assassin's Creed via goozex... played about 3 hours worth so far and it's pretty good. Is AC2 good / should I go ahead and get it if I like the first one?
I'm enjoying AC as well. I have heard AC2 is less tedious/repetitive, wondering if this is true. Overall good game so far. Also wondering if I should pick up AC2 some time.

Fallout 3 is in my possession, but it will wait until after ME at least. I am still :goodposting: at this doosh that has not left me any feedback for a game that should net me 500 points on Goozex and he has had it in his hands for a week now. I sent him a message a few days ago and he has not responded.

Users who are viewing this thread