What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Video games...what ya playing? And what are you looking forward to? (15 Viewers)

So basically, it comes down to $5 a month for faster downloads? Yeah, that seems worth it to me. :stalker: I guess there's a sucker born every minute though...
To be fair, people upgrade their broadband service all the time for $10 or more a month for a speed difference they probably never see. Suckers everywhere.

So basically, it comes down to $5 a month for faster downloads? Yeah, that seems worth it to me. :thumbdown: I guess there's a sucker born every minute though...
Guess you are still using dial up?
No. If I was, it might justify the $5 a month.
Well if you are using the PSN then you are using the equivalent of dial up. There really is no comparison to the services and I really do not get how the PS3 boys really think there is. Its a LIVE service and you cant even cross chat. As for what I down load... trailers, game demos, videos all sorts of things. I take you do not do these sort of things on your PS3 and thus you wouldn't understand how bad it really is.

So basically, it comes down to $5 a month for faster downloads? Yeah, that seems worth it to me. :thumbdown: I guess there's a sucker born every minute though...
The cross-game fluidity, cross-game party chat, and overall streamlined system honestly blow PSN away. I'm as unbiased as they come - in fact, I'm probably biased towards Sony as I was a Sony-exclusive gamer from the release of the PS1, through the PS2 and PS3, before getting the Xbox360 about a year and a half ago. I've never had a particular problem with the PSN, but I didn't know what I was really missing out on until I got the 360. I guess it's just my opinion, and trust me, I would've felt the same way if I'd never given Xbox Live a try.

So basically, it comes down to $5 a month for faster downloads? Yeah, that seems worth it to me. :D I guess there's a sucker born every minute though...
The cross-game fluidity, cross-game party chat, and overall streamlined system honestly blow PSN away. I'm as unbiased as they come - in fact, I'm probably biased towards Sony as I was a Sony-exclusive gamer from the release of the PS1, through the PS2 and PS3, before getting the Xbox360 about a year and a half ago. I've never had a particular problem with the PSN, but I didn't know what I was really missing out on until I got the 360. I guess it's just my opinion, and trust me, I would've felt the same way if I'd never given Xbox Live a try.
Its one of those things that you don't even really think about when you use the tech they have implemented. Basically every night when about 5-15 FBGs are on live playing Gears, Madden, NCAA, FF13, Borderlands, the dashboard, or whatever game interests you have, we always fire up the party chat and see if we can get a game organized. We might have five people playing four different games trying to persuade each other to play a certain one. Sometimes people will just be sitting around playing a single player campaign and bull ####ting while in the chat. The sound quality is excellent and stable. If we didn't have the feature on live it wouldn't be a deal breaker, but it makes the social aspect of gaming so convenient.

Last edited by a moderator:
OK so I started Demon's Souls. Holy hell you guys were not kidding :excited: I am dieing like a mad man

It took me about 5 hours to get through the first level at the palace. It didn't help that I kept trying to beat creatures (like the Knight on the bridge or the dragons) that I didn't need to beat. With out a walk through, I never would have known to not fight them.

Outside of that, I love the game play so far. Losing your souls is well soul crushing so now any time I have a useful amount I turn tail and head back to the Nexus to spend them before I lose them.

Some random questions

1) I am picking up a ton of useless items. I keep giving the to the guy in the Nexus who stores them. Can I sell these items if I don't use them?

2) How do I know which world is appropriate for my character level? After I beat 1-1, a ton of worlds opened up for me but I have no idea which ones are appropriate for my character level (12). I am using a walk through to guide me.

3) I think I am going to go old school here and grind like a mad man to get my character level up significantly so that I don't die after two hits. Is their a recommended place to grind at this early part of the game>

Another mention for Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light. Halfway through and its the best 15 dollar game i've ever played. Its about as fun as some full price games. Just the right mix of platforming, puzzle solving, and fighting. Can't wait til they patch for online coop, I have no gamer friends to cajole into coming over and playing this. Seriously, check this out if you can.

Looking to pick up a new PS3 game. Fortunately for me, I haven't played many new games in past few years due to kids. I can pick up these titles on the cheap and haven't touched any:

- Fallout 3 (original, not GOTY)

- Borderlands

- Grand Theft Auto IV

Loved the earlier GTA series and would like to find something similar - open sandbox, gameplay variety, but with emphasis on FPS. I can't go wrong with any of these, can I?

Also, if anyone has recommendations on non-violent games I could play while kids are in the room that would be welcomed. I've been lukewarm on most racing and most sports titles and don't want to pay full price for Madden 11 if there are other good options out there.

Looking to pick up a new PS3 game. Fortunately for me, I haven't played many new games in past few years due to kids. I can pick up these titles on the cheap and haven't touched any:- Fallout 3 (original, not GOTY)- Borderlands- Grand Theft Auto IVLoved the earlier GTA series and would like to find something similar - open sandbox, gameplay variety, but with emphasis on FPS. I can't go wrong with any of these, can I? Also, if anyone has recommendations on non-violent games I could play while kids are in the room that would be welcomed. I've been lukewarm on most racing and most sports titles and don't want to pay full price for Madden 11 if there are other good options out there.
All 3 are good choices. GTA isn't first person though, it's 3rd. Borderlands is the most FPS like as Fallout is a little deeper with character development and has some special combat tweaks that differentiate it from a regular fps style.Little Big Planet is the big winner for kid friendly good games, but I have never played it. People rave about it though.

All 3 are good choices. GTA isn't first person though, it's 3rd. Borderlands is the most FPS like as Fallout is a little deeper with character development and has some special combat tweaks that differentiate it from a regular fps style.Little Big Planet is the big winner for kid friendly good games, but I have never played it. People rave about it though.
Little Big Planet was a huge hit in my house. The wife played it more than anyone.
Thanks for the ideas - Borderlands sounds to be right up my alley. I have the demo for Little Big Planet and it's too slow for me, and my 4 yo girl isn't interested in playing yet (tried Flower, Rock Band, Dora, LBP... nothing sticks - probably for the better).

OK so I started Demon's Souls. Holy hell you guys were not kidding :own3d: I am dieing like a mad manIt took me about 5 hours to get through the first level at the palace. It didn't help that I kept trying to beat creatures (like the Knight on the bridge or the dragons) that I didn't need to beat. With out a walk through, I never would have known to not fight them.Outside of that, I love the game play so far. Losing your souls is well soul crushing so now any time I have a useful amount I turn tail and head back to the Nexus to spend them before I lose them.Some random questions1) I am picking up a ton of useless items. I keep giving the to the guy in the Nexus who stores them. Can I sell these items if I don't use them?2) How do I know which world is appropriate for my character level? After I beat 1-1, a ton of worlds opened up for me but I have no idea which ones are appropriate for my character level (12). I am using a walk through to guide me.3) I think I am going to go old school here and grind like a mad man to get my character level up significantly so that I don't die after two hits. Is their a recommended place to grind at this early part of the game>
1) No - you can't sell weapons and such. You can collect metals, etc to use for upgrades. But useless items are just that - useless. By the way, you don't have to actually "carry" the metal/stones for the smith to use it - just give em all to the guy, and they'll still be there when the smith needs them.2) After you beat the first level, all of the other bottom tiers open, and any of them are fine for you - that's kind of what makes it fun. Go from 1-1 to 4-1 - no problem. Anything open you can "technically" handle.3) I think the beginning of 4-1 (or maybe it's 4-2) is a nice grind area (where the rolling skeleton thingees attack on the hill, etc) One piece of advice that's vital - use your shield. I cannot stress this enough. Most "RPG's" do not require shield use - in games like Dragon Age, etc, the shield bonus is usually just automatically applied. Here, you have to actually use it, and it's a monster help once you get the hang of sword/shield combat. I typically carry shield / mana regen sword for the left side, and main sword / silver Catylist on the right, and equip as needed. Dodging is a big deal too - will save your life many times.

3) I think the beginning of 4-1 (or maybe it's 4-2) is a nice grind area (where the rolling skeleton thingees attack on the hill, etc) One piece of advice that's vital - use your shield. I cannot stress this enough. Most "RPG's" do not require shield use - in games like Dragon Age, etc, the shield bonus is usually just automatically applied. Here, you have to actually use it, and it's a monster help once you get the hang of sword/shield combat. I typically carry shield / mana regen sword for the left side, and main sword / silver Catylist on the right, and equip as needed. Dodging is a big deal too - will save your life many times.
yeah, that's pretty much how I am equipped early. Catalyst and Scimitar +3 in right hand and buckler in left (have found other shelds but they all seem relatively similar in nature.A couple of more questions (thank you for your previous answers!)1) Is there an easy way to compare items? Their are so many stats I am getting confused switching back and forth between a newly picked up weapon and the one I am carrying to see which one is better.2) I see you guys always referring to levels as 1-1 or 4-1 etc. Where are you seeing these numbers in the game? I only see names of places that I can choose from.

3) I think the beginning of 4-1 (or maybe it's 4-2) is a nice grind area (where the rolling skeleton thingees attack on the hill, etc)

One piece of advice that's vital - use your shield. I cannot stress this enough. Most "RPG's" do not require shield use - in games like Dragon Age, etc, the shield bonus is usually just automatically applied. Here, you have to actually use it, and it's a monster help once you get the hang of sword/shield combat. I typically carry shield / mana regen sword for the left side, and main sword / silver Catylist on the right, and equip as needed. Dodging is a big deal too - will save your life many times.
yeah, that's pretty much how I am equipped early. Catalyst and Scimitar +3 in right hand and buckler in left (have found other shelds but they all seem relatively similar in nature.A couple of more questions (thank you for your previous answers!)

1) Is there an easy way to compare items? Their are so many stats I am getting confused switching back and forth between a newly picked up weapon and the one I am carrying to see which one is better.

2) I see you guys always referring to levels as 1-1 or 4-1 etc. Where are you seeing these numbers in the game? I only see names of places that I can choose from.
1) not really.... different weapons do different types of damage, but yea, I found this hard as well. In the end, I just used what seemed "right" to me.2) I guess it goes in order from the bottom world - that's world 1, 1st level (1-1). World 2 is the mines (stonefang tunnel), etc. And so on. You'll be talking in terms of "1-1, 4-2" soon enough :goodposting:

Have you seen the wiki - a huge help: Demon's Souls Wiki

3) I think the beginning of 4-1 (or maybe it's 4-2) is a nice grind area (where the rolling skeleton thingees attack on the hill, etc)

One piece of advice that's vital - use your shield. I cannot stress this enough. Most "RPG's" do not require shield use - in games like Dragon Age, etc, the shield bonus is usually just automatically applied. Here, you have to actually use it, and it's a monster help once you get the hang of sword/shield combat. I typically carry shield / mana regen sword for the left side, and main sword / silver Catylist on the right, and equip as needed. Dodging is a big deal too - will save your life many times.
yeah, that's pretty much how I am equipped early. Catalyst and Scimitar +3 in right hand and buckler in left (have found other shelds but they all seem relatively similar in nature.A couple of more questions (thank you for your previous answers!)

1) Is there an easy way to compare items? Their are so many stats I am getting confused switching back and forth between a newly picked up weapon and the one I am carrying to see which one is better.

2) I see you guys always referring to levels as 1-1 or 4-1 etc. Where are you seeing these numbers in the game? I only see names of places that I can choose from.
1) not really.... different weapons do different types of damage, but yea, I found this hard as well. In the end, I just used what seemed "right" to me.2) I guess it goes in order from the bottom world - that's world 1, 1st level (1-1). World 2 is the mines (stonefang tunnel), etc. And so on. You'll be talking in terms of "1-1, 4-2" soon enough :popcorn:

Have you seen the wiki - a huge help: Demon's Souls Wiki
thanks for the info! Yes I have been using the wiki along with the IGN walk through. Using the number terminology I am on world 2-1 as my next level after finishing the first level of the Palace. I assume I may do all the X-1 levels first but I will see what the walk through suggests.

Fallout 3 just wasn't for me. Threw it up on eBay, where Red Dead is going as soon as my buddy is done with it.
I'm playing the GOTY version now, and enjoying it. what didn't you like about it?
I guess it was just the lack of action. I have neither the time nor the inclination to spend hours on end talking to people in video games. It just didn't progress past enough for me.
i would advise avoiding the RPG genre, then.

thanks for the info! Yes I have been using the wiki along with the IGN walk through. Using the number terminology I am on world 2-1 as my next level after finishing the first level of the Palace. I assume I may do all the X-1 levels first but I will see what the walk through suggests.
This is a pretty good approach. 2-1 and 3-1 are both pretty straightforward (relatively speaking). When you start 4-1, you will probably get your ### kicked by the first few skeletons you encounter, but once you get their attack patterns down and learn to block, it's pretty easy. Beating 4-1 is nice because it opens up 4-2, the beginning of which is the best low-level farming area in the game. 1-2 is also pretty easy. You have to completely beat a world before you can access 1-3, and I think a lot of people do 1-3 and 1-4 last; they're not easy at all. 5-1 is quite hard and would be a good one to put off for a while. The enemies in this level are very weak to fire, so if you have a Dragon sword of some kind (you'll get dragonstone throughout world 2) that would be nice. If you're going to be a caster, you'll find that world 5 is much easier if you have Firestorm. That spell can just about OHK the first two bosses, and it's also very valuable against some tough "regular" enemies you encounter in 5-1 and 5-2. I won't say any more because I don't want to spoil the surprise. :shrug:

Using the wiki is a really good idea. Be sure to pay attention to the upgrade tree for various weapons. Once you've upgraded a particular weapon to +7, for example, you can no longer take any upgrade branches that start at +6. Some branches start at +3, and a few start right off the bat.

IvanKaramazov said:
NewlyRetired said:
This is a pretty good approach. 2-1 and 3-1 are both pretty straightforward (relatively speaking). When you start 4-1, you will probably get your ### kicked by the first few skeletons you encounter, but once you get their attack patterns down and learn to block, it's pretty easy. Beating 4-1 is nice because it opens up 4-2, the beginning of which is the best low-level farming area in the game. 1-2 is also pretty easy. You have to completely beat a world before you can access 1-3, and I think a lot of people do 1-3 and 1-4 last; they're not easy at all. 5-1 is quite hard and would be a good one to put off for a while. The enemies in this level are very weak to fire, so if you have a Dragon sword of some kind (you'll get dragonstone throughout world 2) that would be nice. If you're going to be a caster, you'll find that world 5 is much easier if you have Firestorm. That spell can just about OHK the first two bosses, and it's also very valuable against some tough "regular" enemies you encounter in 5-1 and 5-2. I won't say any more because I don't want to spoil the surprise. :goodposting:

Using the wiki is a really good idea. Be sure to pay attention to the upgrade tree for various weapons. Once you've upgraded a particular weapon to +7, for example, you can no longer take any upgrade branches that start at +6. Some branches start at +3, and a few start right off the bat.
Thanks for the tip on the upgrade tree. I only still have the scimitar and have not found anything better so I have been slowly upgrading that weapon (+3 so far).Is it generally better to use the boss souls to get more souls to upgrade stats or trade them in for special weapons/magic?

I may go back to 1-1 and take on the dragon again. I found a spot where I never get hit from the fire and just need to be very patient to knock it down with spells. The Red Dragon holds 10,000 souls which it my level is going to help my character quite a bit.

One thing I was disappointed in was that I have been increasing my Magic power but my spells are causing very little more damage than they used to.

One more question I can't find the answer to in the wiki yet.

On my status page, I see items such as

Physical Defense 98(38)

What does the number inside of the () indicate?

Is it generally better to use the boss souls to get more souls to upgrade stats or trade them in for special weapons/magic?
Hang on to them and trade them in for spells/weapons. Dont cash them in for souls.
I may go back to 1-1 and take on the dragon again. I found a spot where I never get hit from the fire and just need to be very patient to knock it down with spells. The Red Dragon holds 10,000 souls which it my level is going to help my character quite a bit.
I don't think it's possible to kill either dragon in 1-1. You can kill the red dragon in 1-2 by pelting it with arrows while it's in the air (bring a bunch). You can kill the blue dragon in 1-4. Both are optional. When they're dead, you can return to their nest in 1-1 and loot the area.
One thing I was disappointed in was that I have been increasing my Magic power but my spells are causing very little more damage than they used to.
Soul Arrow (or whatever that first spell is ) is pretty weak. Eventually you'll be able to trade a boss soul for an upgraded version, although this also requires that you rescue Freke, who teaches most of the good spells along with Yuria.
On my status page, I see items such asPhysical Defense 98(38)What does the number inside of the () indicate?
Hmm. I'm honestly not sure. I think the (38) might be your base physical defense if you were to go naked, and the 98 is your current physical defense given the armor that you're wearing.

Hang on to them and trade them in for spells/weapons. Dont cash them in for souls.
OK. I cashed in the 1-1 boss for souls but looking at the wiki I think that was ok as it can't be turned in for anything else it seems.Does the game give you hints about what to do with the various boss souls or is the only way to know is to consult wiki after each boss?
I don't think it's possible to kill either dragon in 1-1. You can kill the red dragon in 1-2 by pelting it with arrows while it's in the air (bring a bunch). You can kill the blue dragon in 1-4. Both are optional. When they're dead, you can return to their nest in 1-1 and loot the area.
Interesting. The first time I battled the Red Dragon in 1-1 was when I did not know I could skip it. I had it down to 50% health before I got impatient at how long it was taking. I will wait until 1-2 as suggested.
Hmm. I'm honestly not sure. I think the (38) might be your base physical defense if you were to go naked, and the 98 is your current physical defense given the armor that you're wearing.
great! This is the correct answer. I just took off all my armor and the number shown was 38(38) so the number in the () is the base defense.Thanks for all the help! Fun game so far. And my wife was worried I would be bored in retirement :thumbup:

NewlyRetired said:
IvanKaramazov said:
OK. I cashed in the 1-1 boss for souls but looking at the wiki I think that was ok as it can't be turned in for anything else it seems.Does the game give you hints about what to do with the various boss souls or is the only way to know is to consult wiki after each boss?
For spells, I think you can talk to the merchants (Freke and Yuria) and they'll tell you what soul you'll need for what spell. Off the top of my head, I can't remember whether they show spells that you don't already have the soul for. For instance, you can learn Firestorm from Yuria in exchange for the Dragon Demon's Soul (from the 2-3 boss, not the red dragon), but I'm not sure if Yuria will tell you that before you've already gotten that soul. For special weapons, it's best to consult the wiki. The 2-1 blacksmith who crafts specialized weapons only shows options involving boss souls when you've reached the appropriate spot in an upgrade tree, and it's real easy to miss them or not even know that they exist without checking the wiki first. (Note: You have to give this guy the Red Hot Demon's Soul from the 2-2 boss before he'll make anything good for you. Absolutely do not cash that in for souls, no matter what). When in doubt, always consult the wiki. Because the game saves constantly, any mistakes you make are permanent and can never be undone until your next playthrough. You don't want to cash in a boss demon's soul for some rinky-dink spell or weapon and then find out later that it could have been used for something much better. You didn't miss out on much by cashing in the soul from Phalanx -- all you can make with it is a scraping spear, which is only useful when fighting black phantoms online and not even all that useful even then -- but some boss souls can be traded in for some really powerful stuff.

Installing ME2 right now. Got the Collector's Edition - fun stuff in the pack. Any tips for a fast start?

Not really any tips. But just prepare yourself for a different experience than ME1. Especially given that you just finished playing it. It was jarring to me and it had been 2 years between the games for me.

Installing ME2 right now. Got the Collector's Edition - fun stuff in the pack. Any tips for a fast start?
"Good" conversation decisions are generally the ones that are in the "up" quadrants.On my second playthrough now. I might be having more fun this time as an adept than I did as a soldier. Some of the biotic wepaons are awesome.

"Good" conversation decisions are generally the ones that are in the "up" quadrants.On my second playthrough now. I might be having more fun this time as an adept than I did as a soldier. Some of the biotic wepaons are awesome.
Cool, I did soldier first one. Might try my hand at biotics.Here is a question - I always biased my teams towards tech at the expense of other stuff in the first one because I didn't want to miss out on cool gear in all the lockboxes. Is it the same way this time?

Here is a question - I always biased my teams towards tech at the expense of other stuff in the first one because I didn't want to miss out on cool gear in all the lockboxes. Is it the same way this time?
No. Anything that you need to break into is done through some sort of matching patterns hack. Kinda like the first Bioshock.

Not really any tips. But just prepare yourself for a different experience than ME1. Especially given that you just finished playing it. It was jarring to me and it had been 2 years between the games for me.
Yes, your experience will be 1248193428 X more enjoyable. ME1 was a completely uninteresting mess for me. ME2 is completely awesome in nearly every way. They removed all the horrible stuff (like the vehicle missions) and fixed the already decent stuff (like combat).

Hmmm, having a hard time deciding between Vanguard and Sentinel. Anyone have any thoughts?

Hmmm, having a hard time deciding between Vanguard and Sentinel. Anyone have any thoughts?
Sentinel, their shield skill is best in the game.Edit: If you playing on normal or below it doesn't matter what you choose. Higher difficulty levels change what characters you choose.

Interesting so far, still working through the initial tutorial as fast as one can at work when you are constantly being interrupted by patients and employees. ;)

Vanguard is a lot of fun on lower difficulty levels, but very tough on Hard (because on Hard the enemies have to have their shields down before you can use your biotics)

Halo Reach - 9/14/10

Medal of Honor - 10/12/10

Call of Duty: Black Ops - 11/09/10

Gears of War 3 - 04/05/11

Well I am starting to look toward a new shooter to play this holiday season. I'll most certainly be getting GoW3 come late spring but it looks like it is a three horse race to grab my attention this winter. I was wondering if a bunch of people on the 360 are going to be getting one title or the other, since I doubt many will be getting two or all three of them. I am leaning towards MoH or the new CoD, but I haven't read up on anything in the MoH game. Depending on the bull ####, aka perks and kill streaks, or lack there of, I could see myself going that route. Its sad that Dice decided to not support BC2 or else that would still be chugging along with IMO its much better gameplay. Just trying to get a feel on the FBG gaming crew since playing in the first 3 months of MW2 and BC2 were crazy fun.

Halo Reach - 9/14/10Medal of Honor - 10/12/10Call of Duty: Black Ops - 11/09/10Gears of War 3 - 04/05/11Well I am starting to look toward a new shooter to play this holiday season. I'll most certainly be getting GoW3 come late spring but it looks like it is a three horse race to grab my attention this winter. I was wondering if a bunch of people on the 360 are going to be getting one title or the other, since I doubt many will be getting two or all three of them. I am leaning towards MoH or the new CoD, but I haven't read up on anything in the MoH game. Depending on the bull ####, aka perks and kill streaks, or lack there of, I could see myself going that route. Its sad that Dice decided to not support BC2 or else that would still be chugging along with IMO its much better gameplay. Just trying to get a feel on the FBG gaming crew since playing in the first 3 months of MW2 and BC2 were crazy fun.
Black Ops all the way for me. I'm kinda jaded though as MW2 was my first CoD and online experience. I don't mind that stuff.

Halo Reach - 9/14/10Medal of Honor - 10/12/10Call of Duty: Black Ops - 11/09/10Gears of War 3 - 04/05/11Well I am starting to look toward a new shooter to play this holiday season. I'll most certainly be getting GoW3 come late spring but it looks like it is a three horse race to grab my attention this winter. I was wondering if a bunch of people on the 360 are going to be getting one title or the other, since I doubt many will be getting two or all three of them. I am leaning towards MoH or the new CoD, but I haven't read up on anything in the MoH game. Depending on the bull ####, aka perks and kill streaks, or lack there of, I could see myself going that route. Its sad that Dice decided to not support BC2 or else that would still be chugging along with IMO its much better gameplay. Just trying to get a feel on the FBG gaming crew since playing in the first 3 months of MW2 and BC2 were crazy fun.
Black Ops all the way for me. I'm kinda jaded though as MW2 was my first CoD and online experience. I don't mind that stuff.
I didn't mind the perks and kill streaks much because I am solid FPS/TPS player and had several nukes in MW2 before I stopped going for them. In fact, I got to use the high end kill streaks almost every match and learned to avoid the annoying perks that people used. Its just, I would much rather play a game without gimmicks. I really like CoD for its gameplay, I only wish they had a bare bones play list with just choosing a weapon and go kill the other team or whatever objective you are playing.

I didn't mind the perks and kill streaks much because I am solid FPS/TPS player and had several nukes in MW2 before I stopped going for them. In fact, I got to use the high end kill streaks almost every match and learned to avoid the annoying perks that people used. Its just, I would much rather play a game without gimmicks. I really like CoD for its gameplay, I only wish they had a bare bones play list with just choosing a weapon and go kill the other team or whatever objective you are playing.
That I can agree with. Nothing like spawning and being taken out by a predator missile before you even start running.

NHL 2011 arrives Tuesday.Awesome!
NHL 11 costs $59.99 in the US, but $69.99 in Canada. :goodposting:ETA: EA sucks
I may just wait 2-3 months then it will drop to 39.99. Always does. Especially around Xmas time. I am playing NCAA 2011, Madden 2011, College Hoops 2K8 and The Show 2009 so much I can't even see fitting in the deep and immersive NHL right now so I might as well wait and get a price drop. I may do the exact same thing for NBA 2K11. I really can't wait for that one as well but these days sports games go retail with all kinds of bugs and 2-3 months later all the patches fix most of it. So why pay $60 for a bugged up game when I can wait 3-4 months, get probably 20 bucks off in a sale and get the right patches.I sense a pattern these days with sports titles.

I can't tell you how many times I have been in a game just fraggin' aliens like there is no tomorrow, I open a door and see it is a men's bathroom, and I just get the urge for a pee on the urinal cake minigame. :goodposting:

I can't tell you how many times I have been in a game just fraggin' aliens like there is no tomorrow, I open a door and see it is a men's bathroom, and I just get the urge for a pee on the urinal cake minigame. :nerd:
Twisted as it sounds Madcow I have to agree, what the hell are we freaking twelve?

GTBilly said:
Mad Cow said:
I can't tell you how many times I have been in a game just fraggin' aliens like there is no tomorrow, I open a door and see it is a men's bathroom, and I just get the urge for a pee on the urinal cake minigame. :nerd:
Twisted as it sounds Madcow I have to agree, what the hell are we freaking twelve?
As a single 20 something on xbox live playing games co-op with married FBGs in their 30s or 40s. I hear the line of "what are you, 12 years old," quite often. This is usually followed by hysterical laughter as the random FBG's wife walks away in the background looking at her husband talking with his headset on in full :nerd: mode.

Users who are viewing this thread