What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Video games...what ya playing? And what are you looking forward to? (12 Viewers)

Giving in to the kinect hype. Kinect Sports, Your Shape Evolved, and Kinectimals will be coming home with it. I am hopeful that it will be worth the money for what it is right now and that developers can eventually work some magic with "real" games.
GoHastings.com had the connect on sale for $122 shipped today. I admit that I know next to nothing about it, yet I did place the order. :rolleyes:

Fable III is unbelievably addicting so far.
My biggest complaint with this one is that you can't pick expressions when interacting with people. It just picks one for you. So, you're telling me that I have to do an erotic dance with this guy if I want to choose a "good" expression? :lmao: Maybe they made it one click because people thought expressions were too complicated in the first two games. That's fine, but give me an option to change it to an advanced setting so I can pick like before. Sometimes [usually] dumbing down a game isn't what I want.

Dragon Age is kinda cool, but all the leveling up and weapon/ability choices are a bit overwhelming.

And I keep expecting someone to yell "LEEEEEROYYYYY JJJJENNNNKIINNNNNNNSSSS!!!"

SW:FE2 worth even a rental?

Demo was sorta fun. Gametrailers review more or less said don't bother. I need to queue something up but nothing takes my fancy right now. The new NFS game plays pretty nice in the demo.

Just beat the story on Undead Nightmare. Pretty cool...storyline is way over the top and ridiculous. Still liking the gameplay and I'm going to go achievement-hunting next.

Also, I posted it a few weeks ago, but the MLG championships are today/tomorrow.

mlgpro.com

Even if you don't play Halo 3, which I don't, you can't help but be amazed at the skill that these guys have. Simply amazing.

Only a matter of time before EA buys the UFC license.
That has always been EA's move. If you can't beat, buy em!:thumbdown:I remember a few years ago EA tried a hostile takeover of 2k by offering 2K stock holders more then the actual worth of their stock. I despise EA, although they have been putting out better games the past few years. (Well, they have stamped their name on them anyway).

Last edited by a moderator:
Question about amazon release date shipping. Where do you find it? I have never seen it in the shipping choices.
It should show up at checkout someplace. I don't think it's automatically offerred for all games. For example, Amazon currently shows that release date shipping is still (barely) available for Assassin's Creed Brotherhood, but it's not available (yet) for Mass Effect 2 (PS3) or Dead Space 2.

Figure this thread is appropriate for this question:

My old as hell 40GB PS3 keeps locking up after about an hour of play. I'm guessing it's overheating. Anyone ever have any luck opening it up and cleaning out all the dust? It's out of warranty so not worried about opening the case.

Figure this thread is appropriate for this question:My old as hell 40GB PS3 keeps locking up after about an hour of play. I'm guessing it's overheating. Anyone ever have any luck opening it up and cleaning out all the dust? It's out of warranty so not worried about opening the case.
Never had this issue, but I would try taking a dustbuster to the vents and taking it out of any cabinet you might be storing it in when you play it.

Figure this thread is appropriate for this question:My old as hell 40GB PS3 keeps locking up after about an hour of play. I'm guessing it's overheating. Anyone ever have any luck opening it up and cleaning out all the dust? It's out of warranty so not worried about opening the case.
Never had this issue, but I would try taking a dustbuster to the vents and taking it out of any cabinet you might be storing it in when you play it.
I take it out when I play but put it back when done. If I leave it in the cabinet I get maybe 15 minutes out of it.Thinking of just biting the bullet and getting the 320GB with the motion bundle.....but would rather wait until after Christmas.

Looking to buy a new FPS game, I'm struggling to decide on whether to buy Call of Duty: Black Ops or wait for Killzone 3. At this point I'm leaning towards waiting for Killzone 3 as Black Ops looks very similar to Modern Warfare 2 except with more game modes for free for all, which were never my cup of tea.

Have any of you played any of the Killzone games before? I never have but the graphics and gameplay for Killzone 3 look really cool. Some questions I have are is the online gameplay fun? And is there splitscreen co-op for the campaign?

Glaven said:
Looking to buy a new FPS game, I'm struggling to decide on whether to buy Call of Duty: Black Ops or wait for Killzone 3. At this point I'm leaning towards waiting for Killzone 3 as Black Ops looks very similar to Modern Warfare 2 except with more game modes for free for all, which were never my cup of tea.Have any of you played any of the Killzone games before? I never have but the graphics and gameplay for Killzone 3 look really cool. Some questions I have are is the online gameplay fun? And is there splitscreen co-op for the campaign?
Killzone 2 is pretty dated at this point, but from what I understand, was considered to be an excellent game when it came out. I am waiting for Killzone 3 primarily because it's Move compatible.

Still winding my way through ME2. Simply amazing game. I still prefer the loot system of ME, but not like that is gonna change back.

Still winding my way through ME2. Simply amazing game. I still prefer the loot system of ME, but not like that is gonna change back.
I'm replaying through ME on pc right now, just so I can finally play ME2. I played ME on 360 already a couple of years ago, but I can't transfer my save over and I'd like to continue from one game to the other, so I just started a new one. I'm definitely not playing the same as the first time, I can tell, but I don't have to. I just thought it would be better to see my player progress from one game to the next and I've heard the ME2 is better that way.edit: I hope you can make sense out of this. Reading it over, I can barely make sense out of it, and I wrote it.

Glaven said:
Looking to buy a new FPS game, I'm struggling to decide on whether to buy Call of Duty: Black Ops or wait for Killzone 3. At this point I'm leaning towards waiting for Killzone 3 as Black Ops looks very similar to Modern Warfare 2 except with more game modes for free for all, which were never my cup of tea.Have any of you played any of the Killzone games before? I never have but the graphics and gameplay for Killzone 3 look really cool. Some questions I have are is the online gameplay fun? And is there splitscreen co-op for the campaign?
I loved Killzone 2 and got several solid months of play out of it. The SP campaign of KZ2 did not feature co-op of any kind, but lots of people complained about that and I think it's a decent bet things will be different in KZ3. Not sure if it will be split-screen co-op or online co-op or both. The multiplayer was really good. I've never played COD so I can't directly compare the two, but my understanding from other players is that KZ is more team-focused than COD. It's not like Bad Company -- where you can't really accomplish anything on your own and you absolutely have to stick with your squadmates -- but it's a lot more enjoyable if you work with your team to achieve objectives. Online games change mode on the fly, so that you might start off playing capture-the-flag, and then after one team wins that mode, you switch over to assassination or secure-and-defend or whatever. This makes the games nice and varied. There's also standard TDM if you want to go that way.This is just a plug for KZ and shouldn't be interpreted as any sort of knock on Black Ops. I'm just not familiar with the COD franchise.

I loved Killzone 2 and got several solid months of play out of it. The SP campaign of KZ2 did not feature co-op of any kind, but lots of people complained about that and I think it's a decent bet things will be different in KZ3. Not sure if it will be split-screen co-op or online co-op or both. The multiplayer was really good. I've never played COD so I can't directly compare the two, but my understanding from other players is that KZ is more team-focused than COD. It's not like Bad Company -- where you can't really accomplish anything on your own and you absolutely have to stick with your squadmates -- but it's a lot more enjoyable if you work with your team to achieve objectives. Online games change mode on the fly, so that you might start off playing capture-the-flag, and then after one team wins that mode, you switch over to assassination or secure-and-defend or whatever. This makes the games nice and varied. There's also standard TDM if you want to go that way.This is just a plug for KZ and shouldn't be interpreted as any sort of knock on Black Ops. I'm just not familiar with the COD franchise.
i'm a big fan of the KZ franchise. it plays really well, i think. "resistance: fall of man" or whatever is similar. KZ was one of those games that i couldn't wait to play when i had the free time.

I'm replaying through ME on pc right now, just so I can finally play ME2. I played ME on 360 already a couple of years ago, but I can't transfer my save over and I'd like to continue from one game to the other, so I just started a new one. I'm definitely not playing the same as the first time, I can tell, but I don't have to. I just thought it would be better to see my player progress from one game to the next and I've heard the ME2 is better that way.edit: I hope you can make sense out of this. Reading it over, I can barely make sense out of it, and I wrote it.
I was the same way. Played it on 360, then got it on PC and started over. I have to admit that I was a soldier first time through, didn't mess at all with biotics. This time, I am and am enjoying the heck out of it. Incredible storyline and fantastic side missions/story.

Amazon has a bunch of games marked down to $20 or less. Titles include Assassins Creed 2, Batman: Arkham Asylum, Valkyria Chronicles, and Demon's Souls all for $20. If you own a PS3 and somehow haven't played Metal Gear Solid 4 yet, it's $13. Spinter Cell is also there for the 360, along with quite a few others.

I ended up grabbing AC2 for a net of $10, thanks to my $10 credit from Fallout: New Vegas. That's only slightly more expensive than a rental.

Edit to add the full list.

IvanKaramazov said:
Amazon has a bunch of games marked down to $20 or less. Titles include Assassins Creed 2, Batman: Arkham Asylum, Valkyria Chronicles, and Demon's Souls all for $20. If you own a PS3 and somehow haven't played Metal Gear Solid 4 yet, it's $13. Spinter Cell is also there for the 360, along with quite a few others.

I ended up grabbing AC2 for a net of $10, thanks to my $10 credit from Fallout: New Vegas. That's only slightly more expensive than a rental.

Worth playing MGS4 if you haven't played 1-3?

IvanKaramazov said:

Worth playing MGS4 if you haven't played 1-3?
I never played any other MGS game, and MGS4 was probably my favorite PS3 game before Demon's Souls came along. I didn't really understand much of the story and I skipped over the interminable cutscenes after my first playthrough, but the gameplay more than made up for it.

I never played any other MGS game, and MGS4 was probably my favorite PS3 game before Demon's Souls came along. I didn't really understand much of the story and I skipped over the interminable cutscenes after my first playthrough, but the gameplay more than made up for it.
i tried MGS4 and gave up in short order. I had no clue what I was doing and the controls just irked me. The cut scenes just drove a stake through its hear.

i tried MGS4 and gave up in short order. I had no clue what I was doing and the controls just irked me. The cut scenes just drove a stake through its hear.
MGS4 does seem to be one of those love-it-or-hate-it games. Theoretically you can play it as a shooter, but realistically you're forced to use stealth in most areas unless you enjoy endlessly-respawning enemies blocking your path, so if you don't like sneaking, you're not going to like this. And I'll be the first to say that the story behind this game is preposterously over-written and incoherent. IMO, it's still great in spite of that stuff, but I can see why a person might not get into this one. For the sake of completeness, Demon's Souls is another love-it-or-hate-it game that easily cracks my top 5 for this gen and would probably be #1 for me overall, so maybe I just have a preference for games like this.

Glaven said:
Thanks for the info. :goodposting:Leaning heavily toward Killzone 3 now. Not a big fan of buying a game from the franchise 2 years in a row anyway.

DevilsTrifecta said:
Adebisi said:
DevilsTrifecta said:
I take it out when I play but put it back when done. If I leave it in the cabinet I get maybe 15 minutes out of it.Thinking of just biting the bullet and getting the 320GB with the motion bundle.....but would rather wait until after Christmas.
In case anyone else has overheating issues this seemed to do the trick. I stripped it down and cleaned out all the dust. Took me a while to find the screws, though. Take off the sticker that voids your warranty (mine was already expired) and take out that screw then slide the top panel off and it reveals all the screws. When I first turned it back on it was freezing right away so I thought I had broken it but I left it plugged in with main power on (console power off) for about an hour and then it was just fine.

MGS4 does seem to be one of those love-it-or-hate-it games. Theoretically you can play it as a shooter, but realistically you're forced to use stealth in most areas unless you enjoy endlessly-respawning enemies blocking your path, so if you don't like sneaking, you're not going to like this. And I'll be the first to say that the story behind this game is preposterously over-written and incoherent. IMO, it's still great in spite of that stuff, but I can see why a person might not get into this one. For the sake of completeness, Demon's Souls is another love-it-or-hate-it game that easily cracks my top 5 for this gen and would probably be #1 for me overall, so maybe I just have a preference for games like this.
i don't mind stealth at all. in fact, i probably prefer them. i keep hoping they'll update "Tenchu" for the PS3 because that's a great franchise that ended too soon. i think MGS4 just left me shuked over and over again. i hate games where i have no idea what i'm doing and that game was the best/worst example of it.

Users who are viewing this thread