What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Video games...what ya playing? And what are you looking forward to? (9 Viewers)

Didn't they say the Wii U was a 10 year system or was that one of the other ones? I would also say 4 full years for one system isn't really great at all. 
No they're definitely not selling well. But they can make all the claims they want. The 5 year mark is when they usually make the move.

Didn't they say the Wii U was a 10 year system or was that one of the other ones? I would also say 4 full years for one system isn't really great at all. 
I believe they've said the Wii U was like a half-gen above the Wii rather than a full next gen.  The NX is supposed to be a full step up.

I mean they've been pretty consistent. 

NES 1985

SNES 1991

N64 1996

GameCube 2001

Wii 2006

Wii U 2012

NX 2017

I don't think I'll ever buy another Nintendo system (non-handheld) again.  I feel like they just phoned it in with the WiiU.  

I also think it's pretty insulting that they just crap on all of the hard work people have put into their Mario Maker levels and just randomly delete them with no warning or explanation.  One of the most known Mario Maker guys had all of his levels deleted all during the same week.  There's no way of getting it back.  You aren't allowed to re-upload them or even recreate them even if you do it completely by scratch.  I just feel Mario Maker is the laziest "game" Nintendo has ever made.  They only gave creators the tools and it's up to them to make the game.  Mario mods have been in existence for a good 15+ years, so it's not really groundbreaking - just "official".

I won't even go into Nintendo's issues with streamers.  Or that they won't allow the use of images or videos from their games for even a review.  People call EA the worst gaming company, but I think nostalgia clouds their minds.  The answer is Nintendo.  And I say that with a Screw Attack logo as my avatar.  

I don't think I'll ever buy another Nintendo system (non-handheld) again.  I feel like they just phoned it in with the WiiU.  

I also think it's pretty insulting that they just crap on all of the hard work people have put into their Mario Maker levels and just randomly delete them with no warning or explanation.  One of the most known Mario Maker guys had all of his levels deleted all during the same week.  There's no way of getting it back.  You aren't allowed to re-upload them or even recreate them even if you do it completely by scratch.  I just feel Mario Maker is the laziest "game" Nintendo has ever made.  They only gave creators the tools and it's up to them to make the game.  Mario mods have been in existence for a good 15+ years, so it's not really groundbreaking - just "official".

I won't even go into Nintendo's issues with streamers.  Or that they won't allow the use of images or videos from their games for even a review.  People call EA the worst gaming company, but I think nostalgia clouds their minds.  The answer is Nintendo.  And I say that with a Screw Attack logo as my avatar.  
I completely agree on the Nintendo company front. I remember the N64 era where they stubbornly pushed $70 and $80 cartridges that needed another $50 for 4mb of RAM to actually play the damn game. All the while PlayStation was pumping out games 2-8 times as big for $40.  Never bought a N64 because of that. 

Then you add all the useless peripherals which you could say was them trying to be innovative but honestly they just wanted to sell junk.

Add in the Nintendo seal of approval which was just an exhortation scheme to keep 3rd parties off their console before any competitors could gain a foothold and Nintendo was a real bunch of #######S.

Just wondering have you adjusted the sensitivities of the controls? I play games with low sensitive compared to most people and do quite well. If it's on normal or high its a nightmare for me.
All I could find was a setting to slow the scroll rate when you aimed or looked around. Unfortunately there is nothing to affect the sensitivity of the controls while driving. Guess I just need to get better at it.

Pissed me off. Couldn't explain to my six year old son why they deleted his levels

Nintendo should stick to making games and that's it because super smash bros and mario maker are the two best games on any of the next gen systems IMO.

Nintendo should stick to making games and that's it because super smash bros and mario maker are the two best games on any of the next gen systems IMO.
I agree. They need to go the Sega route. They're hardware is less and less impressive each new edition. They're games are top notch but their archaic creative control is beyond ridiculous. They only hurt themselves with these policies.

There was a time that they wanted Smash Bros Melee to just disappear because they never intended it to be a serious fighter.  They blocked it from mainstream fighting tournaments for nearly 10 years before they reluctantly allowed it at EVO.  The popularity has never been higher for a game made 15 years ago. Yet they fall all over themselves to try to make people hate it.

Why did they delete them? I've bought that game but haven't played it yet. Seems like it could be fun. 

Anyone play Battleborn yet? Borderlands is one of my favorite franchises so I have high hopes for this one.
I played the beta and hated it (loved the art though).  Not big on Borderlands either.

Playing Overwatch beta and it's surprisingly fun.  I thought I'd be set for awhile with Uncharted 4 and it's MP, but I might have to get this. 

Anyone end up playing Quantum Break? I bought it but never opened it and now I'm thinking I'll return it and get Uncharted 4 next week instead.

I'm still several bosses away from beating Dark Souls 3, and I have Uncharted coming next week.  I think I'm going to try my best to let Uncharted sit for a while, because it's hard to come back to a Souls game and jump right in where you left off after being away for a while.  But I need to get on my horse and wrap up this playthrough.  

“This hurts, in some ways, my standing in the community,” he said. “[Making] me just looking unaccomplished, etc. I know that stuff is silly, but that’s the economy we live in as streamers.”

“Streaming Mario Maker is 90% of my stream, which is 90% of my overall income so far in 2016,” Hunt told me today.

didn't realize Mario maker was so serious. 

So, Uncharted 4 comes out 5/10, correct?  I'd like to get it that day.  What are the odds of Gamestop having it in stock that day around noonish?  I'm not a huge gamer anymore, and I always buy used games.  But I want to buy this new.  never really bother buying titles on their first day, so i have no experience.  Please advise.

SlaX said:
Streaming is very serious business to a lot of people.   Not myself though.  I can't fathom the idea that anyone would be interested in watching me play a game.
So people pay to watch somebody play a video game? That's a real thing? 

So, Uncharted 4 comes out 5/10, correct?  I'd like to get it that day.  What are the odds of Gamestop having it in stock that day around noonish?  I'm not a huge gamer anymore, and I always buy used games.  But I want to buy this new.  never really bother buying titles on their first day, so i have no experience.  Please advise.
I'd say the odds that Gamestop has it at opening for next Tuesday is 100%.  

Well, there are ads and then people pay to subscribe to a channel.  And then there's also merchandising (I'm so not kidding here).  So yes.  It's a real thing.  

Of course, some people are going to be a lot more successful than others.  It depends on how good you are at certain games, if you're entertaining to watch, etc.    And I totally get the question of "why would I watch someone do something that I can do myself?"  But then, we all watch professionals play sports we can play ourselves all the time.  But it goes back to the showmanship and being better at it than we are.  

I tend to watch Twitch when I'm bored or I simply pick games I haven't tried yet to get an idea of whether I'd like to play that game.  I totally purchased Rocket League after watching some people play it on Twitch and I haven't regretted it.  I have favorite streamers, but I've never paid for a subscription.  Count me in as someone who doesn't get why I would do that.   I don't love streamers that much.

I can't get it till around noon.  You think I'm still good?
You'll be good.  If not, I'm sure anyone else in town that sells video games will have it.  I'd only question it if we were talking about an obscure game, which Uncharted is not.  

You'll be good.  If not, I'm sure anyone else in town that sells video games will have it.  I'd only question it if we were talking about an obscure game, which Uncharted is not.  
Yah, the only time you can't get new games is if it is a little unknown title that they receive the quanity of pre orders for and that's it + maybe a few. Large titles or even small/medium ones they have a ton of.

Last edited by a moderator:
For about 5 years now. Popular youtubers and twitch channel can make a living literally playing games. It's entertainment though so you ha e to be interesting to actually get an audience and make money.

Sometimes its nice to watch someone else play and go through their thinking process to enhance your own gaming.  I've learned a lot from some Civ5 videos on YouTube and have gotten a lot better in various aspects of the game.  I could beat it on the lower levels pretty well but this is helping on the levels where the AI has significant advantages over me.

But, I suppose I don't pay for it.  I just watch whatever gets uploaded to YouTube.

You can only upload 10 levels in mario maker until you get 50 stars (people never star levels). My son has 3 stars so far. It's rough

For about 5 years now. Popular youtubers and twitch channel can make a living literally playing games. It's entertainment though so you ha e to be interesting to actually get an audience and make money.
Judging by the ones I have seen on there with lots of followers, the bar is set pretty low.

Wow that is a lot of money to play video games. Is there a market for a fat near-40 year old who can't play games at all? I could go get that stupid ### donkey kong game again and let that kick my ### for a few million. 

You know how I can tell that we're all sick of Call of Duty games?  The first trailer for Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare was revealed on Monday and no one has mentioned it at all on here.  By the way, Forbes calls the trailer Youtube's Most Disliked Video Game Video Ever.   As for the trailer?  Nothing impressive, unless you like CGI.  I'll wait until I see gameplay, and even then, I bet it's the same thing we've seen since Modern Warfare.  

Wow that is a lot of money to play video games. Is there a market for a fat near-40 year old who can't play games at all? I could go get that stupid ### donkey kong game again and let that kick my ### for a few million. 
Twitch streamers can make money on subscriptions and donations (I watch Twitch a lot and never have donated a dime...shame on me I guess), but YouTubers make their money from ad views.

You know how I can tell that we're all sick of Call of Duty games?  The first trailer for Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare was revealed on Monday and no one has mentioned it at all on here.  By the way, Forbes calls the trailer Youtube's Most Disliked Video Game Video Ever.   As for the trailer?  Nothing impressive, unless you like CGI.  I'll wait until I see gameplay, and even then, I bet it's the same thing we've seen since Modern Warfare.  
I honestly thought it was CoD Advanced Warfare trailer from a few years ago.

So I'm just starting Mass Effect 3 for the first time ever. I just got my PC headset working on the 360 so now I have great sound instead of a half dog eaten and dropped 30 ft out a bedroom window pos headset. 

Got pulled back into playing Blood Bowl (original chaos/legend not II which is a joke).   Such a fun game.  Any FBGs play?  Would be fun to do a league or tourney.
I was a fan of the board game back in the day, but never tried any of the electronic versions.  They just never seemed as good.

My son downloaded the Overwatch open beta yesterday and seems to really be enjoying it. He did the Battleborn open beta for a few days a while back and didn't end up buying the game. Both games seem aimed at younger players - he's 11. The Overwatch open beta started yesterday and runs through the weekend.

This. Big time. 

Rumors are its ww1 which would be cool. Anything past Vietnam doesn't interest me. The older weapon era lends itself to more balance and fun for me. 
WWI sounds cool on the surface, but that was a boring and brutal war.

Mostly men running into machine gun fire and getting wiped out.

Trench warfare, gaining literally inches or complete standstills.

Could be fun with destructible environments/digging/planning trenches like Rainbow Six Siege in the multiplayer sense. Each side getting x amount of time to fortify and build trenches/defense then try to take the other side.

Conan already has that market cornered in his Clueless Gamer series.

Harry Manback said:
WWI sounds cool on the surface, but that was a boring and brutal war.

Mostly men running into machine gun fire and getting wiped out.

Trench warfare, gaining literally inches or complete standstills.

Could be fun with destructible environments/digging/planning trenches like Rainbow Six Siege in the multiplayer sense. Each side getting x amount of time to fortify and build trenches/defense then try to take the other side.

I don't think it necessarily has to be that historically accurate.  Just put us in a green and grey Europe and give us some guns. 

Id be cool with an actually gulf war game too. I just don't want another modern game since apparently modern means future. 

Users who are viewing this thread