What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Video games...what ya playing? And what are you looking forward to? (10 Viewers)

I'm thinking of picking something up for the PS3 to play while on the trainer. I gather Fallout 3 is a decent pick?

Looks like I can pick it up for $43 shipped from here. Great price, comparing to Amazon and other places.

BTW, is there an official Fallout 3 thread? I can't find it (and yes, I searched reasonably well).

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm thinking of picking something up for the PS3 to play while on the trainer. I gather Fallout 3 is a decent pick?

Looks like I can pick it up for $43 shipped from here. Great price, comparing to Amazon and other places.

BTW, is there an official Fallout 3 thread? I can't find it (and yes, I searched reasonably well).
The ps3 version is $20 on Amazon. It's not the game of the year edition but I don't know if that matters.

The ps3 version is $20 on Amazon. It's not the game of the year edition but I don't know if that matters.
There is a substantial price difference between the regular game and GOTY version. GOTY on Amazon is $57.Over the winter I will be spending ~6hrs/week in my basement on the trainer. I want something to hold my attention through the torture.

Search titles only. You should find it

Best Buy is having a buy 2 games get 1 free deal now. Just bought Madden, Fallout 3 GOTY, and Borderlands for $125.83. Still not sure about Borderlands yet. May return it next week and get Dragon Age Origins.

Hoos First said:
Best B uy is having a buy 2 games get 1 free deal now. Just bought Madden, Fallout 3 GOTY, and Borderlands for $125.83. Still not sure about Borderlands yet. May return it next week and get Dragon Age Origins.
:eek:

Hoos First said:
Best Buy is having a buy 2 games get 1 free deal now. Just bought Madden, Fallout 3 GOTY, and Borderlands for $125.83. Still not sure about Borderlands yet. May return it next week and get Dragon Age Origins.
:rolleyes: I took my receipts to the store and they gave me $60 back from my Borderlands, Uncharted 2, Demon's Souls purchases. Plus they gave me a free 19.99 title because I had bought Wii Sports Resort and Wii Fit Plus. Best Buy rocks.

Hoos First said:
Best B uy is having a buy 2 games get 1 free deal now. Just bought Madden, Fallout 3 GOTY, and Borderlands for $125.83. Still not sure about Borderlands yet. May return it next week and get Dragon Age Origins.
:shock:
In Dragon Ages defense. The awesomeness of Borderlands equates to the fps as the awesomeness of Dragon Age does to rpgs.

:goodposting: Thanks for the link. I was gonna wait until Black Friday to try to find a good deal on the GOTY edition.

Mad I didn't know about the Best Buy deal. I also want Dragon Age.

Missed out on a free $60.

Unless I can buy it at BB, and return it to EB with my receipt.

I assume that Best Buy sale isn't going on any more?

If it isn't, anyone else have anything similar? I have rented Borderlands and love it, so I'm going to buy it today, but if I can get a 3 for 2 deal, I'll do it.

TIA

Well, shoot...now I have a conundrum:

I'm definitely getting Borderlands.

But there are 3 other games I want...which to not pick up?

-Uncharted 2

- Dragon Age: Origins

- Demon's Souls

Hmmm...yes I know DAO isn't out yet, but I assume I could still preorder w/ this deal, no?

Well, shoot...now I have a conundrum:I'm definitely getting Borderlands.But there are 3 other games I want...which to not pick up?-Uncharted 2- Dragon Age: Origins- Demon's SoulsHmmm...yes I know DAO isn't out yet, but I assume I could still preorder w/ this deal, no?
BB specifically says no on preorders for this.

But there are 3 other games I want...which to not pick up?-Uncharted 2- Dragon Age: Origins- Demon's Souls
I don't know anything about Dragon's Age, so I can't speak to that. The other two are both excellent but they're also poles apart. Uncharted is a light, breezy title with an entertaining story, fun and intuitive gameplay, and a short learning curve. It's pretty easy even on Hard, you're seemingly never more than 30 seconds away from a checkpoint, and while it's fun enough to have replay value, it's not especially deep. By contrast, Demon's Souls isn't really story-driven, it's combat system takes a while to master, and a single moment of carelessness will frequently result in you lying face-down in a pool of your own blood. There are no checkpoints, the game gets harder the more often you die, and there's not even a "pause" feature. The RPG elements make it much richer than Uncharted. These games are basically opppsites except that they're both awesome in their own way.

Here is a little off beat title I have been eying. I don't know much about it but the theme "French Sabotuer undermining the WWII Nazi's" interests me and it looks like it could be cool.

The Sabotuer

Well, shoot...now I have a conundrum:I'm definitely getting Borderlands.But there are 3 other games I want...which to not pick up?-Uncharted 2- Dragon Age: Origins- Demon's SoulsHmmm...yes I know DAO isn't out yet, but I assume I could still preorder w/ this deal, no?
I don't think it counts towards unreleased games.

Awww man, that's a total fail.I really was thinking of just renting Uncharted 2 down the road and going w/ the other 3. Dammit...now what...hmmmm.

Awww man, that's a total fail.I really was thinking of just renting Uncharted 2 down the road and going w/ the other 3. Dammit...now what...hmmmm.
What I was told by the manager is there is a 30 day return policy on unopened games. I asked even on this free deal and he said yes. So get those 3 games then return Uncharted 2 next week for Dragon Age. Then rent Uncharted 2 later on. I would ask the manager just to make sure. Each BB could be different.

Just bought my 1st PC game in a long time due to my LOTRO addiction that I broke 6 weeks ago and the awesomeness that is BF2. Borderlands. :popcorn:

What I was told by the manager is there is a 30 day return policy on unopened games. I asked even on this free deal and he said yes. So get those 3 games then return Uncharted 2 next week for Dragon Age. Then rent Uncharted 2 later on. I would ask the manager just to make sure. Each BB could be different.
:link: good call here. Will try to do this later today. Thanks.

:excited: good call here. Will try to do this later today. Thanks.
Just got Borderlands and 2 other games I don't want, since they were out of Demon's Souls and Dragon Age doesn't come out til the 3rd...just gonna return the other two when DAO comes out. :popcorn:

Just got Borderlands and 2 other games I don't want, since they were out of Demon's Souls and Dragon Age doesn't come out til the 3rd...just gonna return the other two when DAO comes out. :thumbup:
Yeah, Demon's Souls is hard to come by. It's on back order even on their online site. There are more shipments to the US planned now, but they didn't figure it would sell as well as it has. Might have to find out when they plan on getting more Demon's Souls in and get it before it runs out again.

Dang, I wish I had seen that Best Buy deal yesterday - just ordered Borderlands & Fallout 3 GOTY from amazon. Now I'm wondering if it's worth the hassle to return those to amazon and order off of Best Buy.

Buckna said:
Dang, I wish I had seen that Best Buy deal yesterday - just ordered Borderlands & Fallout 3 GOTY from amazon. Now I'm wondering if it's worth the hassle to return those to amazon and order off of Best Buy.
"The hassle?" Just write "Return to Sender" when the package gets to your house. :goodposting:

I'm currently playing Demon's Souls. So far, this game is absolutely awesome. If you haven't seen a review yet, it's basically Dungeons and Dragons on the PS3. It's also very old-school in the sense that there's no in-game pause and no checkpoints. If you die in a particular level, you go all the way back to the start of that level. And just about every enemy you encounter is quite capable of killing you if you're careless. I haven't played a game like this since when I had my Sega Genesis. It's not as difficult as many of the reviews have made it out to be, but it is definitely unforgiving and it never holds your hand. I have Uncharted 2 coming from Amazon next week, and I'm really wishing these two games had been spaced out more because I hate having to take time away from either.

If you have a PS3, you should really do some research on this game and at least give it a rental to see if its for you.
Finally finshed this today, and immediately started a second playthrough. Additional playthroughs aren't supposed to take all that long in this game because by now you should be familiar with all the levels and know how to beat each boss. The difficulty level gets racheted way up on your second playthrough, though. Even scrub enemies hit much harder than they did the first time around. Not much margin for error.

As for games I'm looking forward to...."Heavy Rain".

It's a PS3 only game that is more movie-ish than action game-ish. But the story has seriously, SERIOUSLY piqued my interest.

this is a great quote:

You can buy a videocard for less than $100 that will play any game out right now and probably for a year or two. There is no real price limitation in terms of being able to play the games on a PC. If you think $600 for a videocard is too expensive then buy a cheaper card.

Do you complain about the cost of driving because Ferrari's are too expensive?

I mean the GPU in the xbox360 is some relic from 2005 that at best might be equivalent to a cut down version of a Radeon 2900. Spend $25 on a used videocard on eBay and then run it at 1280x720 on your TV and you too can have the console experience without breaking the bank.
:gang2:

this is a great quote:

You can buy a videocard for less than $100 that will play any game out right now and probably for a year or two. There is no real price limitation in terms of being able to play the games on a PC. If you think $600 for a videocard is too expensive then buy a cheaper card.

Do you complain about the cost of driving because Ferrari's are too expensive?

I mean the GPU in the xbox360 is some relic from 2005 that at best might be equivalent to a cut down version of a Radeon 2900. Spend $25 on a used videocard on eBay and then run it at 1280x720 on your TV and you too can have the console experience without breaking the bank.
:gang2:
:lol: Not even.

My copy of Pinball Hall Of Fame: The Williams Collection arrived yesterday. Already had the Wii version of this game, but this version features HD graphics, online leaderboards, and several new tables.

Personally, I love this game. Of course, they could package up Funhouse pinball and charge $60 for it and I'd probably buy it. They really did a spectacular job of recreating these tables - the physics on them are pretty much identical to what they were on the originals.

Out with the old, in with the new. Current games:BorderlandsUncharted 2Demon's SoulsBatman: Arkham AssylumWii Sports ResortAlso have some RPG's for the DS that I've been making my way though, currently playing Final Fantasy III on that with Final Fantasy IV, Chrono Trigger, and The World Ends With You on deck.
I'm usually a couple of months behind the latest/greatest, but if you look to unload the first 4 listed, down the road, plz hit me up!
Going to be looking to get rid of Arkham Assylum and Demon's Souls soon here if anyone is interested. I know you picked up Demon's Souls eddie, but if anyone else wants it I'm not going to have a chance to play this one for a while.Still haven't even had a chance to really play Uncharted 2 all that much. But it's short so I'll find some time sooner or later. Borderlands has been moved. Goozex was giving out 200 point bonuses for trading new crap so I ended up moving that one there for some good value.In the middle of Dragon Age: Origins right now, also got Pinball Hall of Fame for PS3 which is awesome. Uncharted 2 still looking to get some time, God Of War Collection coming, and when I get to play the new Xbox after Xmas I'll have MW2, Mass Effect, Lost Odyssey, and possible L4D2 on that end. Not to mention the spring release schedule looks insane.

I'll update. I've been playing Modern Warfare 2 and NCAA Basketball 10 a lot lately on XBox 360. I've been dabbling in some Fallout 3, Trine and FoFiX (Frets on Fire mod) for PC.

I'll be picking up Bioshock 2 in February (360), Splinter Cell: Conviction in April (360) and possibly Battlefield Bad Company 2 sometime after it releases (PC). My plans are yet to be determined past that and also dependant on any beta jobs I'm offered.

Just saw a Bioshock 2 commercial. It looked....absolutely terrible.

And this coming from someone who recently beat (and enjoyed) Bioshock within the last month.

I'm slowly reaching the point of exhaustion with MW2, although I do still have some spec-op missions still to beat.

I've started playing the Fallout 3 GOTY version. I'd already beat the regular game but I'm working my way through the DLC now.

Tiger 10 and Forza 3 are never too far away as they can be played quickly and without and need to commit for a long session.

But I'm really looking forward to Mass Effect 2 coming out next week. Bioshock 2 is also on pre-order but it's just going to have to wait it's turn.

Just saw a Bioshock 2 commercial. It looked....absolutely terrible.And this coming from someone who recently beat (and enjoyed) Bioshock within the last month.
:shrug: I'm extremely skeptical about Bioshock 2. It was a great game, but it doesn't need a sequel. I'll have to wait for reviews on this one.

Looking for a turn-based or real-time strat. Suggestions? I really liked the first few Age of Empires and Starcraft (I know those aren't turn-based). Kind of like the Civs but not as much.

TIA

Users who are viewing this thread