What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Video games...what ya playing? And what are you looking forward to? (11 Viewers)

I'm looking for a good RPG to play on the Xbox 360.has anyone played Lost Oddessy or Tales of Vesperia yet?

btw fallout 3,mass effect, and elder scrolls I own.

I'm looking for a good RPG to play on the Xbox 360.has anyone played Lost Oddessy or Tales of Vesperia yet?btw fallout 3,mass effect, and elder scrolls I own.
My brother LOVES Tales of Vesperia, but he loves all games in that series, including the only-in-Japanese ones, which he plays with a walkthrough translator open on his desktop. If you liked the other ones in the series, I assume you'd like it.

bosoxs45 said:
I'm looking for a good RPG to play on the Xbox 360.has anyone played Lost Oddessy or Tales of Vesperia yet?
Both are very good. If I had to choose between the two I would go Lost Oddysey.

bosoxs45 said:
Both are very good. If I had to choose between the two I would go Lost Oddysey.
Lost oddessey is a great game. Its does have some characters that will bug you but it wasn't a deal breaker. Its a throw back to the playstation final fantasy days. I think its made by some of the original ff creators and the music is composed by the same dude also. If you like turn based rpgs its a good one. The story is average to good, nothing like some of the great rpgs, but there are like 28 or something long diary entries that are text only with composed music that are off the charts in quality. By far, the best writing in rpgs in a long time.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm currently playing Demon's Souls. So far, this game is absolutely awesome. If you haven't seen a review yet, it's basically Dungeons and Dragons on the PS3. It's also very old-school in the sense that there's no in-game pause and no checkpoints. If you die in a particular level, you go all the way back to the start of that level. And just about every enemy you encounter is quite capable of killing you if you're careless. I haven't played a game like this since when I had my Sega Genesis. It's not as difficult as many of the reviews have made it out to be, but it is definitely unforgiving and it never holds your hand. I have Uncharted 2 coming from Amazon next week, and I'm really wishing these two games had been spaced out more because I hate having to take time away from either.

If you have a PS3, you should really do some research on this game and at least give it a rental to see if its for you.
Curse you and bless you for this. I picked this up tonight and made myself stop playing just now. Very fun and quite difficult. I started over after Phalanx (and probably will many times to get a feel for all the classes). Main reason I started over, though, is cause I just kept going after getting to stage 1-2 and died and lost 7k soul points. Fun game!

I'm currently playing Demon's Souls. So far, this game is absolutely awesome. If you haven't seen a review yet, it's basically Dungeons and Dragons on the PS3. It's also very old-school in the sense that there's no in-game pause and no checkpoints. If you die in a particular level, you go all the way back to the start of that level. And just about every enemy you encounter is quite capable of killing you if you're careless. I haven't played a game like this since when I had my Sega Genesis. It's not as difficult as many of the reviews have made it out to be, but it is definitely unforgiving and it never holds your hand. I have Uncharted 2 coming from Amazon next week, and I'm really wishing these two games had been spaced out more because I hate having to take time away from either.

If you have a PS3, you should really do some research on this game and at least give it a rental to see if its for you.
Curse you and bless you for this. I picked this up tonight and made myself stop playing just now. Very fun and quite difficult. I started over after Phalanx (and probably will many times to get a feel for all the classes). Main reason I started over, though, is cause I just kept going after getting to stage 1-2 and died and lost 7k soul points. Fun game!

Playing Uncharted 2.AWESOME. :wall:
:shrug: Its like Bourne meets Indiana Jones. Sweet action scenes and damn good voice acting. I have alot of games I need to play including Brutal Legend, Borderlands, Assassins Creed 2 and maybe Forza 3.Just got in 4 50 doller Best Buy Gift Cards courtesy of Citibanks Thank You Network, so that'll cut into the cost.

Playing Uncharted 2.AWESOME. :thumbup:
:sadbanana: Its like Bourne meets Indiana Jones. Sweet action scenes and damn good voice acting. I have alot of games I need to play including Brutal Legend, Borderlands, Assassins Creed 2 and maybe Forza 3.Just got in 4 50 doller Best Buy Gift Cards courtesy of Citibanks Thank You Network, so that'll cut into the cost.
:blackdot: let me know if Brutal Legend is worth paying $60.TIA.PS does anyone know where I could get a cheap racing wheel for Xbox 360?

I picked up Bioshock yesterday. Brand new copy for 19.99 :excited:
Enjoy! Probably one of my favorite games on the 360. Andrew Ryan is one of coolest characters in a game ever.
Fan of Frank Fontaine myself. :whistle:
My only complaint was that
mytagid = Math.floor( Math.random() * 100 );document.write("I agree, but he was also one of the coolest. The game is more about the story and atmosphere then the difficulty. Considering you can literally beat on the Big Daddys with a wrench over and over as you re spawn, and they never regain their health.

*** SPOILER ALERT! Click this link to display the potential spoiler text in this box. ***

");document.close();

I picked up Bioshock yesterday. Brand new copy for 19.99 :excited:
Enjoy! Probably one of my favorite games on the 360. Andrew Ryan is one of coolest characters in a game ever.
Fan of Frank Fontaine myself. :whistle:
mytagid = Math.floor( Math.random() * 100 );document.write("I agree, but he was also one of the coolest. The game is more about the story and atmosphere then the difficulty. Considering you can literally beat on the Big Daddys with a wrench over and over as you re spawn, and they never regain their health.

*** SPOILER ALERT! Click this link to display the potential spoiler text in this box. ***

");document.close();
Have you played Dead Space? Highly recommended if you liked Bioshock...

Anyone played Wet?

I had my eye on it after E3 because I liked the really over the top style, but it got mixed reviews. Seems like the big video game raters (IGN, etc.) didn't like it, but a lot of the people who actually purchased the game and played through it seem to like it.

I tend to like the "innovative", if you can really call it that, style of certain games, even if the controls and story are somewhat lacking. Let's be honest, Mirror's Edge has very little story, and the controls can be clunky at times, and I still like it :hifive: .

I picked up Bioshock yesterday. Brand new copy for 19.99 :boxing:
Fan of Frank Fontaine myself. :hifive:

");document.close();

Anyone picking up Borderlands on the 20th? Looks like a Diablo style FPS.
It has been on my radar for about 2 yrs now, so am curious to see how it turns out.
I am getting for the 360. Look me up if you get it - HitEm20 gamer tag
I'm getting either Tues or Wed, but I'll be playing it. GT is Keyser Sozed. I am a big diablo 2 fan so I'm excited.
I'm very stoked for this game. I already got my Tuesday all planned out to get the most playing time in possible :goodposting: I'm having a lot of trouble deciding what character i'm going to be though. I've eliminated Roland as a possibility, but i can't decide who to be of the other 3. What are you guys' plans?

Last edited:
You didn't turn off the vitachambers like me?
What happens if you die when you do this? Where do you restart from - the beginning of the level?
Or your last save point. You just play the game like any other game with saves at that point. But Big Daddy's are a bigger challenge since you don't have unlimited lives to defeat one. (Not that they aren't easy after the first couple anyway)That reminds me, Steve, don't forget to download the free Bioshock DLC for the X360. I adds extra cheap plasmids, bug fixes and achievements to the game

Playing Uncharted 2.AWESOME. :lmao:
:lmao: I set Demon's Souls aside temporarily for this game, and it really is as good as advertised. It's like playing an action movie. I loved the first one, and at least so far the sequel is better on every conceivable dimension.

IvanKaramazov said:
One said:
Playing Uncharted 2.AWESOME. :thumbup:
:coffee: I set Demon's Souls aside temporarily for this game, and it really is as good as advertised. It's like playing an action movie. I loved the first one, and at least so far the sequel is better on every conceivable dimension.
Very good game, haven't been able to set Demon's Souls aside for it though. That game is pretty danged addicting.

SlaX said:
Adebisi said:
SlaX said:
You didn't turn off the vitachambers like me?
What happens if you die when you do this? Where do you restart from - the beginning of the level?
Or your last save point. You just play the game like any other game with saves at that point. But Big Daddy's are a bigger challenge since you don't have unlimited lives to defeat one. (Not that they aren't easy after the first couple anyway)That reminds me, Steve, don't forget to download the free Bioshock DLC for the X360. I adds extra cheap plasmids, bug fixes and achievements to the game
You just go back to the main menu and start from your save, but I also like to put a cap on my saves to where I only do them before major events or full clears. That makes it tougher. Having the difficulty on high makes the game feel totally different and more exciting.

awesomeness said:
madshot31 said:
Buddy Ball 2K3 said:
Mad Cow said:
Buddy Ball 2K3 said:
Anyone picking up Borderlands on the 20th? Looks like a Diablo style FPS.
It has been on my radar for about 2 yrs now, so am curious to see how it turns out.
I'm getting either Tues or Wed, but I'll be playing it. GT is Keyser Sozed. I am a big diablo 2 fan so I'm excited.
I'm very stoked for this game. I already got my Tuesday all planned out to get the most playing time in possible :nerd: I'm having a lot of trouble deciding what character i'm going to be though. I've eliminated Roland as a possibility, but i can't decide who to be of the other 3. What are you guys' plans?
I'm gonna be lilith on my first play through. If I get the game on Tues it won't be till 9:30pm pacific, but on Wed I'll be on from 12:30pm till whenever. Whats your GT?

awesomeness said:
I'm very stoked for this game. I already got my Tuesday all planned out to get the most playing time in possible :rolleyes: I'm having a lot of trouble deciding what character i'm going to be though. I've eliminated Roland as a possibility, but i can't decide who to be of the other 3. What are you guys' plans?
I'm gonna be lilith on my first play through. If I get the game on Tues it won't be till 9:30pm pacific, but on Wed I'll be on from 12:30pm till whenever. Whats your GT?
Going with Roland only because I am a huge Stephen King fan and I cant pass up on the Gunslingers name.

Operation Flashpoint 2- Very disappointed so far. The controls are not intuitive, the enemy AI is horrendous (A group of four soldiers walked 15 feet beside me. At first I thought they were reinforcements because they didn't even mind me.), and it might just be my slow computer, but the game feels unresponsive. Very reminiscent of SOCOM more than the original OpFlash.

awesomeness said:
madshot31 said:
Buddy Ball 2K3 said:
Mad Cow said:
I'm very stoked for this game. I already got my Tuesday all planned out to get the most playing time in possible :nerd: I'm having a lot of trouble deciding what character i'm going to be though. I've eliminated Roland as a possibility, but i can't decide who to be of the other 3. What are you guys' plans?
I play on the PS3.

Steve Tasker said:
Anyone played Wet?
I'll take the lack of responses to mean "no"...
I usually know about many of the mainstream games but I have never even heard of "Wet."
It kinda set up like it's supposed to be a grindhouse-style, 70s B-movie. Third-person perspective, heavy use of swords and guns.People nicknamed it "Kill Bill: the video game"...basically some chick who runs around with swords and guns and murders a bunch of people. It's intentionally really gory and bloody, with a really over the top Steven Seagal-type plot. I liked what I saw in the previews/gameplay - walking on walls, slowing down time, things like that.I heard the demo sucked, and a lot of people who played the demo never ended up buying the game. But I hear that the people who did buy the game were impressed, and said it's a lot better than the demo. I considered it when it came out a few months ago, but never bought it. When I was at the store looking for Bioshock, I was reminded of how I wanted to play Wet - I think it was discounted to $30 or $40. I'll probably buy it when I'm done working through Bioshock.

Steve Tasker said:
madshot31 said:
Steve Tasker said:
Steve Tasker said:
Anyone played Wet?
I usually know about many of the mainstream games but I have never even heard of "Wet."
It kinda set up like it's supposed to be a grindhouse-style, 70s B-movie. Third-person perspective, heavy use of swords and guns.People nicknamed it "Kill Bill: the video game"...basically some chick who runs around with swords and guns and murders a bunch of people. It's intentionally really gory and bloody, with a really over the top Steven Seagal-type plot. I liked what I saw in the previews/gameplay - walking on walls, slowing down time, things like that.I heard the demo sucked, and a lot of people who played the demo never ended up buying the game. But I hear that the people who did buy the game were impressed, and said it's a lot better than the demo. I considered it when it came out a few months ago, but never bought it. When I was at the store looking for Bioshock, I was reminded of how I wanted to play Wet - I think it was discounted to $30 or $40. I'll probably buy it when I'm done working through Bioshock.
i liked the demo.

IvanKaramazov said:
One said:
Playing Uncharted 2.AWESOME. :cry:
:wall: I set Demon's Souls aside temporarily for this game, and it really is as good as advertised. It's like playing an action movie. I loved the first one, and at least so far the sequel is better on every conceivable dimension.
I really enjoyed it also, although I like the first one better. The graphics were better and the story was as good or better than the first one, I just liked the different vehicles and I think the first one was a little harder and the puzzles weren't as obvious to me. That said, I would still recommend it.

Anyone played Wet?
i liked the demo.
Wet was enjoyable enough for one play-through, but nothing special. In the beginning it's stylistically fresh, but the gameplay / level design is the same all the way through. I never got a sense the plot or gameplay was building towards something. In fact, I was slightly surprised when it was over, as I had no idea at any point that I was close to concluding the plot. Of course, that may have something to do with the fact that the storyline was uninspired, so I drank and jammed tunes through most of the game. Overall, I'd recommend it as a rental, but not a game that has multiple play-through potential.

So, between here and over at 2p2, this is the list of games that I need to check out:

Currently out:

Uncharted 2

Demon's Soul

Infamous

Dirt 2

Brutal Legend

Left 4 Dead (really, I haven't played it yet)

Upcoming:

L4D 2

Borderlands

Dragon Age

Bioshock 2

Sheesh, I got some work to do! :bowtie:

Just beat Uncharted 2 last night. It gets as many thumbs up as allowed. Before that it was Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2. Fun but mindless. I actually liked the first one more.

Finished Mirror's Edge today. I recommend it if you're looking for a fun game to occupy ~15 hours of single-player. I can't imagine I'll be replaying it, but it was good. I'll buy the sequel if they make one.

FIFA comes out tomorrow. I need to see what gets better reviews - PS3 or Xbox. I plan on picking it up on Friday, assuming I can find a non-reserved copy.

So at this point, for me, it looks like....

To play

Gears of War 1 - need to beat insane co-op

Gears of War 2 - need to beat insane co-op, co-op Road to Ruin, and AT LEAST get to level 50 (currently level 49)

FIFA - will play the #### out of this game, PS3 or Xbox, like I always do

Bioshock - Xbox - just started the game, about 45 minutes in, will play a bit

Modern Warfare 2 - Xbox - preordered it

Might buy

Wet - not sure PS3 or Xbox

MAG - PS3

Bioshock 2 - if Bioshock is as good as everyone says, I'll be getting this

Steve Tasker said:
Finished Mirror's Edge today. I recommend it if you're looking for a fun game to occupy ~15 hours of single-player. I can't imagine I'll be replaying it, but it was good. I'll buy the sequel if they make one.

FIFA comes out tomorrow. I need to see what gets better reviews - PS3 or Xbox. I plan on picking it up on Friday, assuming I can find a non-reserved copy.

To play

Don't expect much diversity from Bioshock...you fight the same two characters over and over(splicers/daddies)....the game play and graphics are pretty sweet thoughGetting FIFA on my lunch today :thumbup:

ETA: you better not get this on PS3 :tfp:

Bioshock was awesome, but I'm really not sold at all on a sequel. Part of what made the game so great was how you had to piece together the backstory on your own to figure out everything that led up to your arrival at Rapture. That and the environment iteself. The actual gameplay was only so-so, especially considering how the game gets really, really easy around Fort Frolick or so. The problem with a sequel is that it's going to be extremely hard to come back with a similarly-engrossing story or a similarly-immersive environment. I'm worried that it's just going to be another iteration of "throw security bullseye on that guy and break a window."

Bioshock was awesome, but I'm really not sold at all on a sequel. Part of what made the game so great was how you had to piece together the backstory on your own to figure out everything that led up to your arrival at Rapture. That and the environment iteself. The actual gameplay was only so-so, especially considering how the game gets really, really easy around Fort Frolick or so. The problem with a sequel is that it's going to be extremely hard to come back with a similarly-engrossing story or a similarly-immersive environment. I'm worried that it's just going to be another iteration of "throw security bullseye on that guy and break a window."
Good points all. From what I've heard so far (apologies if you already know all this), the story will again take place in Rapture (but you can go outside into the water now, to some extent); you will be the original prototype Big Daddy (the story revolving around how you came to be the first Big Daddy); a Little Sister who was left behind has now become a "Big Sister," which is essentially the equivalent of a Big Daddy from the first game; and you're a different guy altogether than the protagonist from the original (with no details at this point of what became of the hero from the original).

Steve Tasker said:

To play

Gears of War 1 - need to beat insane co-op

Gears of War 2 - need to beat insane co-op, co-op Road to Ruin, and AT LEAST get to level 50 (currently level 49)

Modern Warfare 2 - Xbox - preordered it

Might buy

Wet - not sure PS3 or Xbox

MAG - PS3

Bioshock 2 - if Bioshock is as good as everyone says, I'll be getting this
updated

Both are still far off in the future, but I'm looking forward to both Diablo III and the new Star Wars Old Republic MMO. A good friend of mine is on the develpoment team for the Old Republic MMO and he's already promised me he's going to get me into the Beta as soon as they can start inviting friends. So I'm pretty jazzed up about that.

Other than those, I'm still dinking around in WoW with what little gaming time I've got... waiting for the new expansion to come out there too.

Steve Tasker said:

To play

Don't expect much diversity from Bioshock...you fight the same two characters over and over(splicers/daddies)....the game play and graphics are pretty sweet thoughGetting FIFA on my lunch today :welcome:

ETA: you better not get this on PS3 :thanks:
I just couldn't decide which version to pre-order, so I didn't pre-order either of em.The only reason I lean towards Xbox games when I have a PS3/Xbox choice is because I have more online friends on the Xbox. That said, I don't really play FIFA online all that much - I tried it last year for the first week and a half that I had the game, and then quit because it sucked and played single-player for the next few months. I'll have to read the reviews.

Anyone played Wet?
i liked the demo.
I thought the demo was cool as well.

I'm not a big fan of pre-ordering. I HATE EB so I try not to buy games there. I usually get them at Target, so it isn't like they are any better, but I don't like EB's aggressive sales tactics.

I've been buying games since the early 80's, I don't need to be lied to when telling me I need to pre-order or I won't be able to find a game. I would love to be able to go to a game store that doesn't employ nerds with ego's.

Users who are viewing this thread