What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Video games...what ya playing? And what are you looking forward to? (9 Viewers)

MTskibum said:
I bought No Mans Sky, I have heard decent reviews since all of the patches but I am not impressed.  It still seems like a beta game that has many of the correct pieces of a good game, but needs 2-3 years of solid development.
It's a game I always come back to. I'll play it for 3-4 weeks straight once or twice a year then it goes to the backburner again. It's fun for what it is.

It's still insanely exciting to me every time you enter a new galaxy and see the makeup of the planets you're looking at, or the first time you break through the clouds and touch down on a new planet and see the environment, the life forms, water, etc. And knowing that you're the first set of eyes to ever see it. It's just cool.

Mad Cow said:
I started Tiny Tina at lvl 35, having just finished Handsome Jack off.  Pretty sure all of the DLC scale, since the mobs have varied by my level in the areas.
Yeah I think you're right. I just wanted to get to max level so that every nice piece of gear that drops will be end-game usable.

I started Tiny Tina at lvl 35, having just finished Handsome Jack off.  Pretty sure all of the DLC scale, since the mobs have varied by my level in the areas.
My favorite was "Mr. Torgue's Campaign of Carnage", plenty of Torgue and Tiny Tina.

My 14 year old daughter is getting her tonsils out here, so I figured, "well she is going to need something to do while she recuperates."  I have sort of gone on a spree here this last week buying games for "her" :bag:

RE7, Life is Strange, God of War, Bloodborne, (all new) and then I got Walking Dead Season One and an absolute steal on Death Mark at Game Stop.  Death Mark was marked at almost $47 at another store used and I got it for $17.99 at Gamestop.  She has the PSN and downloaded Borderlands, The Handsome Collection for free. She also wants to get Celeste just for kicks. I think she has enough games to keep her busy for awhile.. 

I love buying games, now if I can ever find time to play for myself.  I want to get World War Z for some mindless violence.

Last edited by a moderator:
Anybody know if there are plans to bring all four seasons of The Walking Dead, Telltale game, on one physical disk for the Switch? I haven't played the last season yet because the price is too much. Plus, I have the other three seasons on my iPad but would like all four together on one disk.

Pretty lame E3 so far. We're in that awkward end-of-cycle phase where companies are holding things back for next gen, but it's a little too early for big details. 

Cyberpunk should get some more spotlight. Maybe the only AAA game left this gen that I'm excited about. 

Balder's Gate 3 from Larian is a dream but that's not really E3 related. 

Not really much to look forward to for the rest of this gen imo. 

Pretty lame E3 so far. We're in that awkward end-of-cycle phase where companies are holding things back for next gen, but it's a little too early for big details. 

Cyberpunk should get some more spotlight. Maybe the only AAA game left this gen that I'm excited about. 

Balder's Gate 3 from Larian is a dream but that's not really E3 related. 

Not really much to look forward to for the rest of this gen imo. 
I get tons of downvotes on Reddit when I post that The Last of Us 2 is going to be a PS5 launch title. I've been posting that since last year too. The only other game I'd like to see soon is the new Metroid for Switch... but that has been delayed.

I get tons of downvotes on Reddit when I post that The Last of Us 2 is going to be a PS5 launch title. I've been posting that since last year too. The only other game I'd like to see soon is the new Metroid for Switch... but that has been delayed.
Dang I actually forgot about TLOU2 , that would have been the only other title to get excited about. 

You could very well be right about it being a PS5 launch title...of course, they had a ton of success last time around releasing at the end of one console cycle and immediately remastering for the next cycle. They double-dipped a lot doing that. I wonder if they'd do the same this time too, rather than betting people will immediately move to the next gen for their game. Tons will, but even being super hyped, being a launch title for a new generation could hurt their sales early on. 

Dang I actually forgot about TLOU2 , that would have been the only other title to get excited about. 

You could very well be right about it being a PS5 launch title...of course, they had a ton of success last time around releasing at the end of one console cycle and immediately remastering for the next cycle. They double-dipped a lot doing that. I wonder if they'd do the same this time too, rather than betting people will immediately move to the next gen for their game. Tons will, but even being super hyped, being a launch title for a new generation could hurt their sales early on. 
Depends on the multiplayer as well. The first one was awesome. I stopped playing it a year ago (on PS3). If Sony prices the PS5 at ~$400, and have TLOU2 on launch day, instant buy for me. I do not have a PS4. If Naughty Dog is making the game for PS5 and will "downgrade" it for the PS4, the reverse of what they did the first time, PS5's will sell, imo.

I think TLOU2 will still be on PS4.  PS5 is a long way off at this point, and they always have supply issues with playstations upon release. They don’t need a system seller day 1, they sell out their stock immediately for months. 

Forgot one more--not at E3 but everything I've seen about Beyond Good & Evil 2 has been incredible. Can't wait to play that. 

ConnSKINS26 said:
April 16th 2020 release date for Cyberpunk 2077

And Keanu is in it and announced it. So badass
It surprises me that this will be released on the current gen platforms. Seems like a game that would benefit greatly from the x1x or next gen hardware. 

It surprises me that this will be released on the current gen platforms. Seems like a game that would benefit greatly from the x1x or next gen hardware. 
I’m not really sure “next gen” is a thing anymore like in the past. It’s just consoles that keep getting hardware upgrades every couple of years that can run games with varying level of graphics and frames. 

I’m not really sure “next gen” is a thing anymore like in the past. It’s just consoles that keep getting hardware upgrades every couple of years that can run games with varying level of graphics and frames. 
Be as that may, they’ve talked about how graphically demanding this game will be, and exponentially more powerful hardware will be released only 6 months after the game is. Seems a bit odd that they wouldn’t just wait and take advantage of the new horsepower. Or perhaps they’ll patch it or sell an enhanced edition after the new consoles come out. 

Next gen xbox confirmed to be released holiday 2020...so not that far away. I'm sure PS5 will follow suit
Assuming the PS5 is a late-2020 release, I think that adds some credibility to the speculation about TLOU2 as a launch title.  I think that would be pretty awesome.  Launch catalogs typically suck pretty hard, and I think having a massive AAA game ready to go could be a system-seller.  Sony would basically be giving up sales on TLOU2 to move consoles, which could make sense for Sony.

My money is personally on TLOU2 being cross-gen, but we'll see.  I think a PS4-only release would be weird that late in the cycle even if the PS5 has BC.

Assuming the PS5 is a late-2020 release, I think that adds some credibility to the speculation about TLOU2 as a launch title.  I think that would be pretty awesome.  Launch catalogs typically suck pretty hard, and I think having a massive AAA game ready to go could be a system-seller.  Sony would basically be giving up sales on TLOU2 to move consoles, which could make sense for Sony.

My money is personally on TLOU2 being cross-gen, but we'll see.  I think a PS4-only release would be weird that late in the cycle even if the PS5 has BC.
The first Last of Us was released 6 months before the PS4 launched. 

The first Last of Us was released 6 months before the PS4 launched. 
Yeah, but that was a little different as a new IP.  Also, the PS3 and PS4 had really different architectures that made ports challenging.  I doubt that will be the case with the PS4 and PS5.  

Or maybe this is just wishful thinking on my part.  I would like to see the new consoles launch with legitimate heavy-hitters in their opening catalogs.  It is cool that Microsoft is doing that with Halo Infinite.

Edit: I remember the last launch, and being kind of frustrated at playing TLOU on PS3 knowing that a remaster was only a matter of time but not wanting to miss out.  And I skipped Dark Souls 2 completely until the PS4 release, although it turned out that I didn't miss out on that much in that case.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, but that was a little different as a new IP.  Also, the PS3 and PS4 had really different architectures that made ports challenging.  I doubt that will be the case with the PS4 and PS5.  

Or maybe this is just wishful thinking on my part.  I would like to see the new consoles launch with legitimate heavy-hitters in their opening catalogs.  It is cool that Microsoft is doing that with Halo Infinite.

Edit: I remember the last launch, and being kind of frustrated at playing TLOU on PS3 knowing that a remaster was only a matter of time but not wanting to miss out.  And I skipped Dark Souls 2 completely until the PS4 release, although it turned out that I didn't miss out on that much in that case.
I guess I’m the opposite. It takes forever for the new consoles work the bugs out and be available for those that want them. I’d rather them release the game on current, then do a full release once the system is up and running. 

I guess I’m the opposite. It takes forever for the new consoles work the bugs out and be available for those that want them. I’d rather them release the game on current, then do a full release once the system is up and running. 

Was console shortage really a problem with this gen? I don't really remember that this time around

It's quite likely that you're right.  Star Wars and The Outer Worlds are two titles that are coming out right around console-launch time that would be very firmly on my will-buy list, so it's not just TLOU2.

Was console shortage really a problem with this gen? I don't really remember that this time around
If you didn’t preorder, you didn’t get one til after the holidays at least. My brother didn’t get his XB1 til nearly April. It was super buggy. Can’t speak for the PS4. 

Watching these E3 presentations is all good except for these ##### bags that keep shouting "YEAHHHHH" after every period. ####!!!!

Nintendo E3 leak: Will find out tomorrow for sure.

My sources has told me about this:

Dragon Quest XI: The Manslayer DLC.
Luigi's Mansion 3 trailer showing 3 players co op with Luigi, Gooigi and E. Gadd.
Mother: PK Trilogy!
Another Metroid Prime 4 Teaser.
Metroid: Samus Fusion.
Animal Crossing trailer with release data for mid December.
Smash Ultimate Fighter Pass 2: Erdrick and Chrono (Echo)
Kingdom Hearts 3 for Switch.
Astral Chain trailer showing Raid Battles.
Link's Awakening DX showing being able to switch to the original game graphics at any time, alongside revealing a new dungeon: The re Awakened Cave
Pokemon Sword and Shield trailer showing the evil team: The Knights of the Pokeball Table, and new Mega Evolutions, showing a Dynamax Mega Wailord.
Ace Attorney 7: Law Revolution announced.
One last thing: Splatoon 3 Teaser.

Nothing too dramatic. The big thing will be the timelines for each leak, if confirmed.

Today, Ubisoft is really underwhelming, imo. Nothing that says, "OMG!"

Nintendo E3 leak: Will find out tomorrow for sure.

My sources has told me about this:

Dragon Quest XI: The Manslayer DLC.
Luigi's Mansion 3 trailer showing 3 players co op with Luigi, Gooigi and E. Gadd.
Mother: PK Trilogy!
Another Metroid Prime 4 Teaser.
Metroid: Samus Fusion.
Animal Crossing trailer with release data for mid December.
Smash Ultimate Fighter Pass 2: Erdrick and Chrono (Echo)
Kingdom Hearts 3 for Switch.
Astral Chain trailer showing Raid Battles.
Link's Awakening DX showing being able to switch to the original game graphics at any time, alongside revealing a new dungeon: The re Awakened Cave
Pokemon Sword and Shield trailer showing the evil team: The Knights of the Pokeball Table, and new Mega Evolutions, showing a Dynamax Mega Wailord.
Ace Attorney 7: Law Revolution announced.
One last thing: Splatoon 3 Teaser.

Nothing too dramatic. The big thing will be the timelines for each leak, if confirmed.

Today, Ubisoft is really underwhelming, imo. Nothing that says, "OMG!"
Yawn.

for anyone who's waiting for the FFVII remake, I just heard that it's being split into 'episodes'. so the first episode that will be released next year, and will essentially be the same size as a traditional RPG, will only cover Midgard, which is only like the first 10-15% of the original game.

not sure how I feel about that...at that pace, it may take them 10 years to finish the whole thing.

for anyone who's waiting for the FFVII remake, I just heard that it's being split into 'episodes'. so the first episode that will be released next year, and will essentially be the same size as a traditional RPG, will only cover Midgard, which is only like the first 10-15% of the original game.

not sure how I feel about that...at that pace, it may take them 10 years to finish the whole thing.
That and how much will they charge for it. Yea I'm not a fan. Just finish the damn thing like RE2make. I realize an RPG is much different than a 5-10 hour action game but still.

Terrible idea.  I will just wait until they are all released I guess.   Or never play it

I don't get the whole "Release in chapters" thing. IO did this with Hitman and I never tried it even though I really enjoyed Absolution.

Is it anything other than a way to get more money out of consumers?

Users who are viewing this thread