Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
fasteddie_21

Video games...what ya playing? And what are you looking forward to?

4 hours ago, B Maverick said:

For those of you old enough to remember INTELLIVISION, looks like its trying to make a comeback!!

https://www.intellivisionamico.com/

Was my first game system.  The Football game was pretty revolutionary in that you could pick specific plays to run.

47 minutes ago, Foosball God said:

Was my first game system.  The Football game was pretty revolutionary in that you could pick specific plays to run.

And run for 15minutes on the scrolling field!!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Foosball God said:

Mine too.  My Grandfather had one too and it gave us something in common.  He was on the east coast, I was on the west.  When he passed I got the system and games.  Some are still sealed in the original packaging with the cellophane!  

Loved that football game too.  I often used my zip code as my go to play.  Might have been 1 too many numbers, but used it anyway

Frog Bog, Sub Hunt, Burger Time, Advanced D&D, Shark Shark, Space Hawk, Happy Trails... I think I even have Empire Strikes Back

I even have Intellivoice.  Don't know if it works.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, B Maverick said:

Mine too.  My Grandfather had one too and it gave us something in common.  He was on the east coast, I was on the west.  When he passed I got the system and games.  Some are still sealed in the original packaging with the cellophane!  

Loved that football game too.  I often used my zip code as my go to play.  Might have been 1 too many numbers, but used it anyway

Frog Bog, Sub Hunt, Burger Time, Advanced D&D, Shark Shark, Space Hawk, Happy Trails... I think I even have Empire Strikes Back

I even have Intellivoice.  Don't know if it works.

B17 bomber....there's a bogey 3 oclock

• Like 1
  • Laughing 1

On 3/22/2020 at 12:53 PM, tamales said:

Doom Eternal

Hella hard

Hella fun

Doom Eternal might be the hardest game I have ever played.  I am on the easiest difficulty setting (I'm too young to die) and it's still too hard IMO.  Often frustrating but I'm not giving up.

I ordered a PS4 bundle. Has God of War, The last of us, and some fantasy game? :bag:

I feel bad spending the money but I figure it will give me something to do while not working. My kid also has the Red Dead 1&2 so I can try those.

6 minutes ago, prosopis said:

I ordered a PS4 bundle. Has God of War, The last of us, and some fantasy game? :bag:

I feel bad spending the money but I figure it will give me something to do while not working. My kid also has the Red Dead 1&2 so I can try those.

Lol . I bought a steering wheel and other junk. Welcome!!!!

I'm way better with a wheel vs controller driving

Posted (edited)

I rotate around with this group:

1. NBA2K, usually play on-line in team up mode because I suck and can't control 5 players. I usually am a big man, been mainly Embid. I'm not very good at the controls but I pride myself on controlling the paint and not letting my man beat me. Feel like for someone not very good at controls I provide a valuable contribution to my team. Most of the time anyway, every now and then I'll face a big man that just abuses me but for the most part you can count on me for 10+ rebounds, a few shot blocks and all around effort.

2. Madden Franchise mode, 15 minute quarters but played in the Quick Game mode so I don't play every down and each game takes about 20 minutes. I wanted a challenge so I took Dolphins.  I'm in year 2028, took me 5 years to get to the SB but have won a few in a row and now dealing with some serious cap issues.

3. Call of Duty, just started messing around with battle royale mode. I'm awful, probably worst game I've ever been at in my life but learning how to pick my spots.

4. Fortnite- I can't build a fort worth a damn but I'm actually pretty good at hiding or riding around on a boat until it gets down to last few people. Got tons of seconds but a surprising amount of first places finishes in solo mode. My wife and kid make fun of me, call me names when I hide and stuff. I tell them when you look up the description of Fortnite it is described as a survival game. Surviving is part of the game.

5. RD2- my daughter is into online, I only play story mode. It's my relaxing game.

Edited by menobrown

Broke out my modded Wii and have been playing mixing things up with Mario 3 (NES) and Joe Montana Football (Genesis)

Always loved the first Montana game. Its a perfectly balanced game. Was ahead of its time with the ability to lead passes. This led to some pretty amazing diving catches back in its heyday. 

Something I did not know until a few days ago. Back when the Genesis released they hired another company to make the Montana game but they couldn't come through so Sega asked EA to use their engine. Apparently they made a game so good that the dude running EA at the time was like no way, you gotta scale the game back otherwise you cant use my engine. 

The game is great already, it pains me to know that we didn't all get to experience what it coulda been. 

On 3/25/2020 at 3:17 PM, belljr said:

Finally bought a steering wheel :excited:

Whatcha get?

Just now, E Street Brat said:

Whatcha get?

Logitech G920

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00Z0UWV98/ref=cm_sw_r_sms_apa_i_zpJFEb7N0SVV7

I had an og  handheld PC back in the papryus days...  It looked like an RC wheel controller

Had a meh Earnhardt Jr PS2 wheel

Then had the original Xbox 360 wheel which I thought was great....

I used to suck with the wheel now it makes Nascar 4 easier lol.  I still have aids on :bag:

7 minutes ago, belljr said:

Logitech G920

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00Z0UWV98/ref=cm_sw_r_sms_apa_i_zpJFEb7N0SVV7

I had an og  handheld PC back in the papryus days...  It looked like an RC wheel controller

Had a meh Earnhardt Jr PS2 wheel

Then had the original Xbox 360 wheel which I thought was great....

I used to suck with the wheel now it makes Nascar 4 easier lol.  I still have aids on :bag:

Cool. I had the DFGT and a G27 I liked both wheels, but the peddles are kinda meh.  There are some mods out there that are supposed to help. But I found a deal on ebay for a set of Clubsport V1's several years back and the load cell brakes are so much more like IRL

See ya on the track. :drive:

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Insein said:

1 week until Resident Evil 3 remake. 

https://youtu.be/Wghn3tYYVNw

Since I didn’t play the RE2 remake, do they actually change the game or is it up just updated with graphics and new controls?  Like are all the puzzles the same?

15 minutes ago, bigmarc27 said:

Since I didn’t play the RE2 remake, do they actually change the game or is it up just updated with graphics and new controls?  Like are all the puzzles the same?

Puzzles are different. Game is very much different. Same setting but better combat. Better atmosphere. I still love the originals but the remakes have been fantastic. Re3 demo is out now on all systems. Check it out. See if you like. 

Posted (edited)

Really like the freedom Days Gone is giving me to solve problems, even if the problems themselves will probably get repetitive later on, it's still been fun.

Two examples, I'm still pretty early on:

1. This one's minor, but I came across a camp of Rippers and remembered hearing from an NPC that they refuse to fight back against freakers. So from hiding I used rocks to lure a single freaker through the camp's back gate and then snuck around as I watched it kill every single one of the Rippers one after another around the camp, true to what I heard they would just stand there and pray. Then I just had clean-up duty on a single freaker. Very satisfying especially early on when I had nothing but a 9mm and a crossbow.

2. This one's way better. I kept failing to clear and get into one of those medical facilities that gives you a special injector, because when I got close or made any noise almost a hundred freakers would decend on me from a big train above the place, ant-hill like, like the zombies from World War Z. I did not know about the existence of hordes yet! So I kept workshopping different strategies and failing miserably. Understandable as I only had three skill points, and didn't realize this was just beyond me. Eventually I draw them to a big oil truck, blow it and kill a huge number, and then methodically kite them past flammable barrels until I can kill the last 5 with my melee weapon. 

So just 1 "attractor" device, 5 bullets, 1 broken melee weapon, and a single bandage were all it took to kill 85+ zombies once I had a good strategy, even at a very low level. That's awesome and I felt like a badass once I pulled it off. Especially once the pop-up message came on the screen telling me I just wiped out a whole horde. 

Edited by ConnSKINS26
  • Like 2

14 hours ago, bigmarc27 said:

Re2 remake was friggin amazing

New doom is fantastic.    Great sequel

• Like 2

6 hours ago, need2know said:

New doom is fantastic.    Great sequel

I never finished the first, it was freaking hard

:bag:

10 hours ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

2. This one's way better. I kept failing to clear and get into one of those medical facilities that gives you a special injector, because when I got close or made any noise almost a hundred freakers would decend on me from a big train above the place, ant-hill like, like the zombies from World War Z. I did not know about the existence of hordes yet! So I kept workshopping different strategies and failing miserably. Understandable as I only had three skill points, and didn't realize this was just beyond me. Eventually I draw them to a big oil truck, blow it and kill a huge number, and then methodically kite them past flammable barrels until I can kill the last 5 with my melee weapon. 

So just 1 "attractor" device, 5 bullets, 1 broken melee weapon, and a single bandage were all it took to kill 85+ zombies once I had a good strategy, even at a very low level. That's awesome and I felt like a badass once I pulled it off. Especially once the pop-up message came on the screen telling me I just wiped out a whole horde. 

You are/were exactly where I am. Explain to me how you got that to work. I tried this exact strategy. I pelted that damn truck with rocks (the only "attractor" I have) and they totally ignored it. I couldn't get more than maybe five near it. I spent a half hour trying to draw a few at a time away and kill them off. But it was taking so long to kill them off and using so many resources I finally gave up and just reloaded. Are there other attractors that work better? I don't know that I have EVER had an attractor work. They simply seem to ignore them.

57 minutes ago, belljr said:

I never finished the first, it was freaking hard

:bag:

You just have to keep moving.  Never stop moving.  

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, DallasDMac said:

You are/were exactly where I am. Explain to me how you got that to work. I tried this exact strategy. I pelted that damn truck with rocks (the only "attractor" I have) and they totally ignored it. I couldn't get more than maybe five near it. I spent a half hour trying to draw a few at a time away and kill them off. But it was taking so long to kill them off and using so many resources I finally gave up and just reloaded. Are there other attractors that work better? I don't know that I have EVER had an attractor work. They simply seem to ignore them.

Yeah I don't think rocks work in this scenario, they won't hold their attention when you're around. Rocks really only work when you're hiding in bushes. There are better attractors, and I don't know how to craft them yet, I found them on the bodies of people who tried to ambush me. There's one that's electronic and draws them in for 15 seconds or so by buzzing loudly and that's what I used. I chucked it in front of the side of the oil truck facing their train, as I ran by it, and it pretty much pulled every single one off my tail. I ran around it, got a good vantage point, and tried to blow it at the optimal time. Then led them past the flammable barrels/cases until I could handle the rest myself. 

I really don't think it would be possible at lower levels without the electronic attractor, so I'd just go driving around picking fights until you get one, or come back later.

Edited by ConnSKINS26
  • Like 1

58 minutes ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

Yeah I don't think rocks work in this scenario, they won't hold their attention when you're around. Rocks really only work when you're hiding in bushes. There are better attractors, and I don't know how to craft them yet, I found them on the bodies of people who tried to ambush me. There's one that's electronic and draws them in for 15 seconds or so by buzzing loudly and that's what I used. I chucked it in front of the side of the oil truck facing their train, as I ran by it, and it pretty much pulled every single one off my tail. I ran around it, got a good vantage point, and tried to blow it at the optimal time. Then led them past the flammable barrels/cases until I could handle the rest myself. 

I really don't think it would be possible at lower levels without the electronic attractor, so I'd just go driving around picking fights until you get one, or come back later.

Excellent, thank you.

On 3/27/2020 at 3:01 AM, STEADYMOBBIN 22 said:

Broke out my modded Wii and have been playing mixing things up with Mario 3 (NES) and Joe Montana Football (Genesis)

Always loved the first Montana game. Its a perfectly balanced game. Was ahead of its time with the ability to lead passes. This led to some pretty amazing diving catches back in its heyday. 

Something I did not know until a few days ago. Back when the Genesis released they hired another company to make the Montana game but they couldn't come through so Sega asked EA to use their engine. Apparently they made a game so good that the dude running EA at the time was like no way, you gotta scale the game back otherwise you cant use my engine. 

The game is great already, it pains me to know that we didn't all get to experience what it coulda been. 

That Joe Montana game is the first game I have memories of playing as a child. The receivers pop-up in their own window at the top of the screen, right? I've got a Wii, I might have to figure out how to mod it and see if I can install that.  

6 hours ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

There are better attractors, and I don't know how to craft them yet, I found them on the bodies of people who tried to ambush me. There's one that's electronic and draws them in for 15 seconds or so by buzzing loudly and that's what I used.

Turns out I had three of them.   :bag:  It attracted so many to the truck I only had left five to take care of after.  I just used my nail-infused baseball bat.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, IvanKaramazov said:

Digitally preordered a couple of days ago.  Can't wait.  

Pre-ordered back in December

Just finished my last game, now figuring out what to start next...I think I'm about to dive into Fallout 4. PSN has the GOTY edition on sale for $20 until Tuesday.

I'm a huge Elder Scrolls fan, so I know it's kind of similar. I did give Fallout 3 a brief try years ago but I couldn't get into it. But I think I came into that experience thinking it was going to be exactly like Elder Scrolls so I set myself up for disappointment off the bat. My expectations are tempered this time around and I'm stuck in the house for God knows how long, so I'll be able to put all the hours I want into it.

I just started playing The Last of Us. Pretty good so far. I knew this was a popular game but I did not really know what it was. Pretty addictive.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, prosopis said:

I just started playing The Last of Us. Pretty good so far. I knew this was a popular game but I did not really know what it was. Pretty addictive.

I became ready for fatherhood after playing this game lol. Man, I was ready to rip apart into a million pieces anything that got within 10 feet of Ellie.

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, ShamrockPride said:
13 hours ago, prosopis said:

I became ready for fatherhood after playing this game lol. Man, I was ready to rip apart into a million pieces anything that got within 10 feet of Ellie.

I thought it got  bit much towards the end "Oh, Ellie, why don't you just traipsie 20 feet in the sun to over there where nothing can go wrong while I try to find my way through the basement armed only with a shiv that breaks on the first monster"

Edited by msommer
  • Laughing 1

On 3/26/2020 at 11:41 AM, Foosball God said:

My first game system as well, and loved football -- I believe you could key in plays on both offense and defense.

Skiing was a game that wasn't really critically lauded or popular, but I thought it was the game that best leveraged the handset's disk.

Some others I remember was Microsurgeon, Burger Time and Diner, Starstrike, and Q*Bert.

• Like 2

14 year old daughter wants a Nintendo Switch for her birthday.  I'm going to search for the difference between the Switch and Switch Lite.  What is your experience between the two?

any recommendations? 

thanks

8 hours ago, Inhiding said:

14 year old daughter wants a Nintendo Switch for her birthday.  I'm going to search for the difference between the Switch and Switch Lite.  What is your experience between the two?

any recommendations? 

thanks

Switch lite is smaller and strictly handheld. It doesn't project onto the tv. It's basically a suped up DS. 

• Like 1

On 3/26/2020 at 7:40 AM, belljr said:

Yep getting one just for tron deadly disc

I put in my order yesterday during the presale!

12 hours ago, Stompin' Tom Connors said:

My first game system as well, and loved football -- I believe you could key in plays on both offense and defense.

Skiing was a game that wasn't really critically lauded or popular, but I thought it was the game that best leveraged the handset's disk.

Some others I remember was Microsurgeon, Burger Time and Diner, Starstrike, and Q*Bert.

Burger Time was great.

Was going through the games I have and found some I don't even remember: Atlantis, He-Man.
Also found some educational type games.  I think they were more for Intellivoice.  

On 3/26/2020 at 10:31 AM, B Maverick said:

For those of you old enough to remember INTELLIVISION, looks like its trying to make a comeback!!

https://www.intellivisionamico.com/

Im intrigued but $249 sees high to play what look to be essentially flash games of 80s classics or similarly basic games. 

On 3/26/2020 at 5:06 PM, belljr said:

B17 bomber....there's a bogey 3 oclock

I tried playing that a few years back (still have my system).   I used to love that game as a kid.  does not hold up at all like some of the others, I was bummed lol

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, STEADYMOBBIN 22 said:

Im intrigued but $249 sees high to play what look to be essentially flash games of 80s classics or similarly basic games. 

:goodposting:  True, but I splurged.  Nostalgia got me.

ETA: I realized I prefer the old school games to the new ones.  I'd rather play Warcraft II then WoW.  Super Mario 3 then whatever they have now. So buying this is more fun for me then the current gaming devices. So playing updated versions of the first games I played is worth the $249 to me.  Why I haven't bought an Xbox or PS4 since my 360 got stolen.  

The exception is sports games like MLB, Madden, Fifa.  Recent sports games are more fun then the older ones which is why I had an Xbox 360 in the first place.  

But I'm old.

Edited by B Maverick
  • Like 1

On 3/31/2020 at 9:58 PM, Inhiding said:

any recommendations? 

thanks

These things are getting swooped up like crazy and are going for about 1.5x retail on the secondary market (IDK about the Lite, but the main ones for sure).   Might have to go to a Target or Walmart on the day they get a shipment and ask a guy to look in back for you to get one.

• Like 1

I've got a bunch of unfinished games I need to get through. Witcher 3, Nier Automata, Fallen Jedi, Horizon Zero Dawn, Fallout 4, NBA 2K20.

you would think I'd have plenty of free time, but my dang wife is always around!

• Like 2
  • Laughing 1

Just now, Maik Jeaunz said:

I've got a bunch of unfinished games I need to get through. Witcher 3, Nier Automata, Fallen Jedi, Horizon Zero Dawn, Fallout 4, NBA 2K20.

you would think I'd have plenty of free time, but my dang wife is always around!

:rant:

Started playing No Man's Sky and color me impressed. I find it extremely relaxing and a fantastic break from everything thats going on. I have very little idea what I am doing or what I am going to do but I am have a blast mining, space mining, dog fighting and just learning the game. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Buddy Ball 2K3 said:

Started playing No Man's Sky and color me impressed. I find it extremely relaxing and a fantastic break from everything thats going on. I have very little idea what I am doing or what I am going to do but I am have a blast mining, space mining, dog fighting and just learning the game. 

After such a rocky start it is amazing what Hello Games has done to save that game.  So many free updates, it is great.  I know I'll buy more of their games in the future just because of their dedication.

• Like 3

18 hours ago, Buddy Ball 2K3 said:

:hot:  I had this on release day, and even played it for a while until it got boring.  A few years ago I sold my copy back to Amazon to fund a new game, got less than $5.  

Been thinking about picking it up again, but really the launch was so disappointing it's still hard to spend money on it, again.  

Started RE3 last night. Story wise it deviates a lot from the original. The game itself is still pretty fun so far but Standard is pretty easy (for me anyway). The Dodge button takes getting used to and is not reliable against zombies. There's no defensive weapons like on RE2 now. You hold them just as weapons and they aren't used when attacked to avoid a bite. 

I think I made it to the halfway point at a little over 2 hours casually moving through but again I know what I'm doing. So a casual gamer it would probably have taken 3-4 hours to get there. It took me about 8 hours to beat RE2MAKE on my first play through last year but that was getting used to the mechanics of the game as well as the layout of the police station. 

Some annoying items. The main menu is very empty. Re2 has a ton of things to look at and you can change outfits and stuff. I pre-ordered so I assumed the classic outfit would be available but it seems like they're making me beat it once at least before getting that. Either that or it's a separate download which is annoying. You also can't combine on the fly. Meaning if you pick up an item, it goes in your inventory unless it's full. Then you have to open up inventory again to combine any items (red and green herb, gunpowders, etc). Minor gripe but it's in RE2 so it's weird not to be here. 

I'll probably finish it up tonight so we'll see how they ended it. 

• Like 1

Is there any way to tell what percentage of the game you have completed in The Last of Us?