What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Video games...what ya playing? And what are you looking forward to? (10 Viewers)

ConnSKINS26 said:
There are better attractors, and I don't know how to craft them yet, I found them on the bodies of people who tried to ambush me. There's one that's electronic and draws them in for 15 seconds or so by buzzing loudly and that's what I used.
Turns out I had three of them.    :bag:   It attracted so many to the truck I only had left five to take care of after.  I just used my nail-infused baseball bat.

Just finished my last game, now figuring out what to start next...I think I'm about to dive into Fallout 4. PSN has the GOTY edition on sale for $20 until Tuesday.

I'm a huge Elder Scrolls fan, so I know it's kind of similar. I did give Fallout 3 a brief try years ago but I couldn't get into it. But I think I came into that experience thinking it was going to be exactly like Elder Scrolls so I set myself up for disappointment off the bat. My expectations are tempered this time around and I'm stuck in the house for God knows how long, so I'll be able to put all the hours I want into it.

prosopis said:
I just started playing The Last of Us. Pretty good so far. I knew this was a popular game but I did not really know what it was. Pretty addictive.
I became ready for fatherhood after playing this game lol. Man, I was ready to rip apart into a million pieces anything that got within 10 feet of Ellie.

prosopis said:
I just started playing The Last of Us. Pretty good so far. I knew this was a popular game but I did not really know what it was. Pretty addictive.
I became ready for fatherhood after playing this game lol. Man, I was ready to rip apart into a million pieces anything that got within 10 feet of Ellie.
I thought it got  bit much towards the end "Oh, Ellie, why don't you just traipsie 20 feet in the sun to over there where nothing can go wrong while I try to find my way through the basement armed only with a shiv that breaks on the first monster"

Last edited by a moderator:
Was my first game system.  The Football game was pretty revolutionary in that you could pick specific plays to run.
My first game system as well, and loved football -- I believe you could key in plays on both offense and defense.

Skiing was a game that wasn't really critically lauded or popular, but I thought it was the game that best leveraged the handset's disk.

Some others I remember was Microsurgeon, Burger Time and Diner, Starstrike, and Q*Bert.

14 year old daughter wants a Nintendo Switch for her birthday.  I'm going to search for the difference between the Switch and Switch Lite.  What is your experience between the two?

any recommendations? 

thanks

14 year old daughter wants a Nintendo Switch for her birthday.  I'm going to search for the difference between the Switch and Switch Lite.  What is your experience between the two?

any recommendations? 

thanks
If (and this is a very big if), you can actually find a switch for sale, buy it immediately.  These things are literally being sold for retail plus 30-50% markup at this time and are sold out pretty much everywhere.  If you prefer the lite, you can probably find those for sale at regular price.  I hate paying scalper money for anything, but this was one time I had no choice.

any recommendations? 

thanks
Switch lite is smaller and strictly handheld. It doesn't project onto the tv. It's basically a suped up DS. 

Yep getting one just for tron deadly disc
I put in my order yesterday during the presale!

My first game system as well, and loved football -- I believe you could key in plays on both offense and defense.

Skiing was a game that wasn't really critically lauded or popular, but I thought it was the game that best leveraged the handset's disk.

Some others I remember was Microsurgeon, Burger Time and Diner, Starstrike, and Q*Bert.
Burger Time was great.

Was going through the games I have and found some I don't even remember: Atlantis, He-Man.
Also found some educational type games.  I think they were more for Intellivoice.  

STEADYMOBBIN 22 said:
Im intrigued but $249 sees high to play what look to be essentially flash games of 80s classics or similarly basic games. 
:goodposting:   True, but I splurged.  Nostalgia got me.

ETA: I realized I prefer the old school games to the new ones.  I'd rather play Warcraft II then WoW.  Super Mario 3 then whatever they have now. So buying this is more fun for me then the current gaming devices. So playing updated versions of the first games I played is worth the $249 to me.  Why I haven't bought an Xbox or PS4 since my 360 got stolen.  

The exception is sports games like MLB, Madden, Fifa.  Recent sports games are more fun then the older ones which is why I had an Xbox 360 in the first place.  

But I'm old.

any recommendations? 

thanks

These things are getting swooped up like crazy and are going for about 1.5x retail on the secondary market (IDK about the Lite, but the main ones for sure).   Might have to go to a Target or Walmart on the day they get a shipment and ask a guy to look in back for you to get one.

Started playing No Man's Sky and color me impressed. I find it extremely relaxing and a fantastic break from everything thats going on. I have very little idea what I am doing or what I am going to do but I am have a blast mining, space mining, dog fighting and just learning the game. 

Started playing No Man's Sky and color me impressed. I find it extremely relaxing and a fantastic break from everything thats going on. I have very little idea what I am doing or what I am going to do but I am have a blast mining, space mining, dog fighting and just learning the game. 
After such a rocky start it is amazing what Hello Games has done to save that game.  So many free updates, it is great.  I know I'll buy more of their games in the future just because of their dedication.

:hot:   I had this on release day, and even played it for a while until it got boring.  A few years ago I sold my copy back to Amazon to fund a new game, got less than $5.  

Been thinking about picking it up again, but really the launch was so disappointing it's still hard to spend money on it, again.  

Started RE3 last night. Story wise it deviates a lot from the original. The game itself is still pretty fun so far but Standard is pretty easy (for me anyway). The Dodge button takes getting used to and is not reliable against zombies. There's no defensive weapons like on RE2 now. You hold them just as weapons and they aren't used when attacked to avoid a bite. 

I think I made it to the halfway point at a little over 2 hours casually moving through but again I know what I'm doing. So a casual gamer it would probably have taken 3-4 hours to get there. It took me about 8 hours to beat RE2MAKE on my first play through last year but that was getting used to the mechanics of the game as well as the layout of the police station. 

Some annoying items. The main menu is very empty. Re2 has a ton of things to look at and you can change outfits and stuff. I pre-ordered so I assumed the classic outfit would be available but it seems like they're making me beat it once at least before getting that. Either that or it's a separate download which is annoying. You also can't combine on the fly. Meaning if you pick up an item, it goes in your inventory unless it's full. Then you have to open up inventory again to combine any items (red and green herb, gunpowders, etc). Minor gripe but it's in RE2 so it's weird not to be here. 

I'll probably finish it up tonight so we'll see how they ended it. 

You're gonna love it. My advice:

1. Stay away from any spoilers or searching around online for things, as it's super easy to have the plotline spoiled. Happened to me and I wish I was experiencing this game without knowing where it's going and how it ends
  2. Take your time. Seriously. After the first chapter, when things open up in terms of free roam, don't just go through all the missions. Take it slow. Look around. Interact with people and the environment. Keep your eyes peeled for obvious stranger and side quests (those that light up in white on your map) or little white dots that crop up on your minimap that indicate a stranger interaction. Walk around town and really look at the environment, which is gorgeous (and being investigatory can open up some side missions). 
  3. I am not sure how you play, but if you truly care about "missible" things and feel compelled to be a completionist, my advice is the same -- stay away from searching online and just slow-play your way through the game. Then when you are all done, play again, this time deeply looking for everything you can with some help with Internet searches. Not everyone has the time to play through whole games like this twice, but if you do, that's the way I'd do it. If you don't want that approach, but still are a completionist, then look up missable missions and the things you need to do to get to 100% in the game. 
  4. Report back to share what you like, what you didn't, etc. 
I slow played this game and it took me around 125 hours to complete the story. However it can be done so much quicker.

I actually love this game so much. I went on dedicated hunting trips all over the map.....I mean it was like living in the Wild Wild West and living out that fantasy. It was a tremendous experience. And one I will go back and replay again sometime in the future. 

Just a marvelous game and worth every minute I played it. Great advice too. I played with zero spoilers and such adventured and discovered everything on my own. 

Started RE3 last night. Story wise it deviates a lot from the original. The game itself is still pretty fun so far but Standard is pretty easy (for me anyway). The Dodge button takes getting used to and is not reliable against zombies. There's no defensive weapons like on RE2 now. You hold them just as weapons and they aren't used when attacked to avoid a bite. 

I think I made it to the halfway point at a little over 2 hours casually moving through but again I know what I'm doing. So a casual gamer it would probably have taken 3-4 hours to get there. It took me about 8 hours to beat RE2MAKE on my first play through last year but that was getting used to the mechanics of the game as well as the layout of the police station. 

Some annoying items. The main menu is very empty. Re2 has a ton of things to look at and you can change outfits and stuff. I pre-ordered so I assumed the classic outfit would be available but it seems like they're making me beat it once at least before getting that. Either that or it's a separate download which is annoying. You also can't combine on the fly. Meaning if you pick up an item, it goes in your inventory unless it's full. Then you have to open up inventory again to combine any items (red and green herb, gunpowders, etc). Minor gripe but it's in RE2 so it's weird not to be here. 

I'll probably finish it up tonight so we'll see how they ended it. 
I never played the original RE3, so this is a totally new experience to me.  I'm really enjoying this game so far.  Took my sweet time and got past the demo area in a little under an hour, got some key items, did some backtracking, and now I'm at the part where I have to flip the four switches in the little maze. 

I wasted way too much ammo on the enemies in that area before I realized they're basically an infinite spawn, so I decided to just to redo it. 

Also, about an encounter just before that . . .

I don't know how I was supposed to get past those dogs by the fence without getting hit.  They're way too fast to avoid, and shooting the electric generator doesn't seem to freeze both of them.  That encounter seemed really cheap, but I'm sure there's some trick to it that I just missed.

I never played the original RE3, so this is a totally new experience to me.  I'm really enjoying this game so far.  Took my sweet time and got past the demo area in a little under an hour, got some key items, did some backtracking, and now I'm at the part where I have to flip the four switches in the little maze. 

I wasted way too much ammo on the enemies in that area before I realized they're basically an infinite spawn, so I decided to just to redo it. 

Also, about an encounter just before that . . .

I don't know how I was supposed to get past those dogs by the fence without getting hit.  They're way too fast to avoid, and shooting the electric generator doesn't seem to freeze both of them.  That encounter seemed really cheap, but I'm sure there's some trick to it that I just missed.
The dog AI is a bit weird with the engine. If you keep making little quick movements and look back at them instead of staring forward (hard I know), you can make the AI reset it's attack every time until it either misses or you get to the door.

First off The Last of Us is pretty addictive. I am really liking the pace of it. 

I was looking for a cheap copy of MLB The Show PS4

On Amazon they are selling the 2019 edition for $19.99. Can I buy it cheaper in the  Playstation store with a direct download?

If so how do I find it? The only one I can find in there is the 2020 edition and it is to expensive for me.

First off The Last of Us is pretty addictive. I am really liking the pace of it. 

On Amazon they are selling the 2019 edition for $19.99. Can I buy it cheaper in the  Playstation store with a direct download?

If so how do I find it? The only one I can find in there is the 2020 edition and it is to expensive for me.
Get it from Amazon. Just looked for ya. PSN has it for $30.

ETA: you can search by just keep hitting up on the D-pad when in the store. There's usually a little magnifying glass "search" symbol at the top of the screen.

Just search on there for the 2019 edition, should pop up like any other game

Edit: I see someone already did, cool

Finished RE3, farmed kills for a bit to buy some stuff in the cheat store, and dove back in on hardcore.  This game just flies by once you know what you're doing and where you're supposed to go next.  I could definitely see finishing a run in a single sitting when I have a better hang of things.  A few thoughts:

• It's cool that they added more difficult levels than what RE2 had, and I like that you can equip cheats if you want -- infinite weapons, more inventory space, early access to key items, etc.  RE2 had sensational replay value, and RE3 seems to as well.
  • Some of the parts where Nemesis is chasing you have too tight a window.  For example, there was section where every time I got to a gate that I needed to open, Nemesis would jump up there in front of me, hop down, and proceed to deliver a bunch that I could not dodge for the life of me.  After several retries, he didn't appear there and I got through the segment damage-free.  Some of those parts are going to be really tough on higher difficulties with no autosaves. 
  • Carlos is awesome.
  • For whatever reason, I am constantly overflowing with ammo and healing items when playing as Carlos, and always at least a little short when playing as Jill.  I feel like I can't use grenade rounds on the enemies in the sewers -- even though that's obviously what you're supposed to do -- because I know I'll need them later for boss fights.  I know, it's Resident Evil and you should be conserving ammo, but the contrast between how the game plays across the two playable characters is very noticeable.    

The Winter Chapter is maybe the most intense gaming I’ve ever played. 

The Rest of Us

I am stuck in the gym. There is a giant clicker that shoots poison bombs while I am being attacked by runners. Got a little frustrated and put it down. I do not have any molotov cocktails nor can I make any. I do have one nail bomb which is kind of hard to get it to land where I want. Any suggestions? I will try again later.

The Rest of Us

I am stuck in the gym. There is a giant clicker that shoots poison bombs while I am being attacked by runners. Got a little frustrated and put it down. I do not have any molotov cocktails nor can I make any. I do have one nail bomb which is kind of hard to get it to land where I want. Any suggestions? I will try again later.
I was in the exact scenario first time through. Probably took me two hours to get passed without a Molotov. If you do have a Molotov with a direct shot you can just keep moving and let it burn and it will die. Without you need multiple shot guns to the head. Let it throw its first fireball. Shotgun in head. Let it throw fireball again and move while it’s in the air, shotgun in face and repeat. You’ll probably run out of amo but that one guy will drop more as you stick and move.

I know the game is a few years old but started Prey this weekend and it is just killing me. Turned the level to easy and still getting beat up pretty good. Phantoms and Poltergeists that are invisible and I’m desperately trying to find more lemon peels to just into the recycler.....

Picked up Borderlands 3 and Anthem over the weekend. Definitely enjoy B3 more, but neither are really setting my world afire.

I know the game is a few years old but started Prey this weekend and it is just killing me. Turned the level to easy and still getting beat up pretty good. Phantoms and Poltergeists that are invisible and I’m desperately trying to find more lemon peels to just into the recycler.....
I wanted to like this game, but ended up absolutely hating it.  Great atmosphere, horrible gameplay.  It would be challenging with about half as many enemies as it throws at you.

Going to pickup RE3 soon.  Made the mistake of starting witcher 3 again a couple weeks ago.  Also still on that new doom

Beat doom but playing again trying to get some stuff I missed.  I think I still like the one from 2016 a bit better but this was fun.  The last boss was tough

Users who are viewing this thread