What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Video games...what ya playing? And what are you looking forward to? (13 Viewers)

PS5 came in about where I expected -- $400 for digital only and $500 with an optical drive.  A little surprised at the $100 price difference, which seems slightly steep for just a disc drive.  It's kind of tempting to go all-digital since that's how I buy most games anyway.

I'm very happy to see that the Demon's Souls remake is a launch title.  I've been looking forward to that one for several years now, and it instantly makes this the best launch lineup out of the past several generations for me personally all by itself.  
Yeah, I was surprised for the $100 just for the optical, you can buy a Blu-ray drive on amazon for like $50 (meaning they can buy 5 million of them for A LOT less).  There were no performance differences between the two?  I think I'd go all digital on this one, I've largely regulated my game buying to the PS store lately.  Only real reasons to buy discs are the better access to discounted games, and then resale for those who like to do that.

I don't think I grab this at launch because there isn't anything I'm DYING to play right now, maybe black Friday next year and see what games I can package it with.

PS5 is reversible for PS4 games and I have a huge backlog of disc versions as well as digital.

I am waiting for a price cut on the $500 machine. I can wait.

I'll end up with both at some point.

Current gen I waited a year to get ps4.

I think I just got my xbox 2 years ago.

I'll probably go reverse this time

I am about 50/50 digital discs.   If it's something I'll pay full price for I'll get digital. If it's something I wait for it's usually a disc because it's always cheaper than digital unless I catch a sale

Last edited by a moderator:
I think the $100 price difference is because they want to push folks to digital. 

I buy most of my games digital, but my current PS4 is the only Blu-ray in the house. I don't want another device to play discs. 

Smart move by Sony. At a $50 difference I would have bought a disc version. Now I am tempted to go digital even tho I don't really want to. 

I think the $100 price difference is because they want to push folks to digital. 

I buy most of my games digital, but my current PS4 is the only Blu-ray in the house. I don't want another device to play discs. 

Smart move by Sony. At a $50 difference I would have bought a disc version. Now I am tempted to go digital even tho I don't really want to. 
Yep. $100 is where people really think, do I need a disc drive? The answer is no. The wife and I have been digital only since about 2012/13 and it has been the best thing ever. So easy, so smooth. The issue of not being able to resell is real, but we don't do that very much anyway as we have gotten pretty picky on what we buy at retail and mostly wait for huge blackfriday/summer sales. 

Yep. $100 is where people really think, do I need a disc drive? The answer is no. The wife and I have been digital only since about 2012/13 and it has been the best thing ever. So easy, so smooth. The issue of not being able to resell is real, but we don't do that very much anyway as we have gotten pretty picky on what we buy at retail and mostly wait for huge blackfriday/summer sales. 
I don't resell as much as discs usually have better discount prices vs digital.  I bought battlefield brand new for $20 when it was $50 digital

Totally agree.  Love digital games.  It's been years since I bought a physical game, however I still get one occasionally as a gift.  

My frustration is I have a collection of movies on disc.  

Was planning to give my PS4 to my college age daughter, she currently uses my PS3 for Netflix and some games including Skyrim.  Maybe I'll make her pay me $100 for it to justify the disc version of the PS5.  

I don't resell as much as discs usually have better discount prices vs digital.  I bought battlefield brand new for $20 when it was $50 digital
That is true. If you want to by a game that used but newly release, it will take a little more time to come down in price than physical. I find that with digital waiting for the quarterly sales causes the game prices to drop quite a lot.

Preorders sold out in like 5 mins of course, mini controversy as the link for Amazon preorders got leaked onto the internet last night before they were truly “live.”

Could use a little help here.  Have an existing PS4 in our TV room, myself and 3 sons use it.  I have the main account.

Just set up a new PS4 in our new gameroom (paired to a 77 OLED and Sonos Arc, I can't wait!) and I'm wondering how I can tie the two PS4s together.  Games downloaded, users, etc.  We have a 5TB external hard drive for storage of game files on our old system, wonder if I need to plug that in to the new Pro and move files over?

Anyway, any help you guys could provide would be awesome.  Thanks!

p.s.  For those of you that finished LoU2 and didn't change the settings and do a second playthrough, you are missing out.  Some really fun options, like slow speed when aiming your gun, infinite ammo, one hit kills, different graphics, etc.

p.s.  For those of you that finished LoU2 and didn't change the settings and do a second playthrough, you are missing out.  Some really fun options, like slow speed when aiming your gun, infinite ammo, one hit kills, different graphics, etc.
Meh. That game is all about the story.  No replay value there at all for me.  I guess maybe if I needed a spooky time. 

Preorders sold out in like 5 mins of course, mini controversy as the link for Amazon preorders got leaked onto the internet last night before they were truly “live.”
I was walking the dog with my wife last night when I got the Best Buy email that PS5 was available for preorder. By the time I got home, the site was overloaded. I ended up following @IGNDeals on Twitter and changed the settings so I'd get an alert every time they tweeted. They were tweeting out links whenever a PS5-related preorder went live. They tweeted out the Amazon link at around 9 pm Pacific while I was watching TV and I snagged one. (I ordered the disc drive version. I rarely get titles on Day 1, so I like hitting Gamestop to see what's used, although if they go out of business, that might not be a possibility much longer.)

I somehow got a target pre order. Will see if it comes through.

I may legit consider selling it, but I have no accounts

My wife just got me one from Walmart. Trying to not get too excited but failing. 

Also, now I need to get my wife something nice. Suggestions?

i was going to get an xbox first!!! lol

i didnt order an extra controller or nothing,   Wait to see what happens lol - i didnt even order a game!!!

PS5 came in about where I expected -- $400 for digital only and $500 with an optical drive.  A little surprised at the $100 price difference, which seems slightly steep for just a disc drive.  It's kind of tempting to go all-digital since that's how I buy most games anyway.

I'm very happy to see that the Demon's Souls remake is a launch title.  I've been looking forward to that one for several years now, and it instantly makes this the best launch lineup out of the past several generations for me personally all by itself.  
My only issue with Digital is I got games on disc I still play. I guess depending on the price I would splurge for Red Dead 2' because that's one of the games I have not Digital (Got the collectors addition). I will probably trade in my system and whatever games and controllers I have when I purchase PS5 to knock down some of the price. I think with my Pro membership I get more money on trade ins too which should help. I know myself and I won't be touching my PS4 ever again if I Get PS5. Only system I would still play is my Sega if I can get it working one of these days. 

like said before I will wait on ps5.  no reason to preorder at all
Yeah wait till Spring/summer. The first versions always have bugs that need to be worked out. My buddy who's dealing with a young daughter with Cancer isn't buying a system till Spring summer. I got one friend who has a pre order but it's thanks to his fiancee who stayed up all last night to get him a pre order. He's the only one I know who will have the system. Not worth getting when half of your small group of friends who own a PS won't be on to begin with. 

I still buy most of my games on disc. One thing I like is that if I’m running out of disk space I can just delete the game data and reinstall later if I want to play it again. Can you do the same thing with download, as in can you delete the game data and then re-download it again at a later date? Or do you need to have an external drive big enough to hold your whole collection?

Yeah wait till Spring/summer. The first versions always have bugs that need to be worked out. My buddy who's dealing with a young daughter with Cancer isn't buying a system till Spring summer. I got one friend who has a pre order but it's thanks to his fiancee who stayed up all last night to get him a pre order. He's the only one I know who will have the system. Not worth getting when half of your small group of friends who own a PS won't be on to begin with. 
I still have the ps4 I got on launch day and have never had to deal with warranty or tech issues. Hell, I only just recently opened it up to clean the dust and cat hair out of it. The main reason I'm getting a ps5 is because of how reliable my ps4 has been. It's our only DVD player, we all play games on it and for a long time we used it for Netflix even. 

I just got the Avengers but haven't played it much.

Going to Grab Mario 3D All-stars tomorrow.

Crash Bandicoot 4 in a few weeks, Assassins Creed Valhalla in a month.  

It's a great time of year.

I still buy most of my games on disc. One thing I like is that if I’m running out of disk space I can just delete the game data and reinstall later if I want to play it again. Can you do the same thing with download, as in can you delete the game data and then re-download it again at a later date? Or do you need to have an external drive big enough to hold your whole collection?
You can delete the game. If you have multiple saves on the game title but they are older then the newer saves you can delete those as well. When you re download the games the data that was saved you keep. For example I played a game on stream that I deleted disc wise about 2 yrs ago. The game literally started after my download of where I left off two yrs ago 

I still have the ps4 I got on launch day and have never had to deal with warranty or tech issues. Hell, I only just recently opened it up to clean the dust and cat hair out of it. The main reason I'm getting a ps5 is because of how reliable my ps4 has been. It's our only DVD player, we all play games on it and for a long time we used it for Netflix even. 
I agree PS has been very reliable. (Knock on wood) never have had a problem with any PS console I've ever owned. I use it constantly for whatever streaming services I have that Sony has apps for available and gaming. Whatever streaming services not available I take the HDMI cable out of the Console hook up my HDMI to the laptop and plug the cable into the adapter. 

And for example some games don't overwrite a saved file you have already. So say you are playing single player Campaign, story mode, whatever it's called the data you might have multiple saves for the same one you are on. You can always delete those other saves and can load them up before hand to make you sure you don't delete the wrong ones. 

You can still download a digital copy of you delete it.

And nowadays with a disc your ear going to end up downloading all the updates anyway

I'm the total opposite.  Havent bought a disc in years

I'll wait on a PS5. I'm still backlogged on PS4 games. 
Same. The earliest I'd need a PS5 is like 2022. My backlog is like 20 deep smh. In reality, I'll probably wait til Spring, just cause I'll play my multiplayer games with buddies on PS5. My story based games I'll stick to PS4.

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyone grab Mario 3D All-Stars today?

Had a great day out and about with the wife and didn't get ahold of a copy.  Gonna grab it in the AM

Microsoft buying Zenimax and Bethesda Softworks  :shock:

If they go exclusive XBox with those titles it would be huge.  I'm a PC guy so won't impact me, but my son is a PS guy, not sure if he would switch if all the Bethesda games were not available or not.

If they go exclusive XBox with those titles it would be huge.  I'm a PC guy so won't impact me, but my son is a PS guy, not sure if he would switch if all the Bethesda games were not available or not.
I can't imagine they go exclusive for ES or FO, I would be some of the lesser titles like Prey go exclusive. Oh and Arkane actually has a timed PS5 exclusive set to come out next year. It'll be interesting to see if that sticks or not.

Whoa, that is huge. IDK how they could make those big franchises totally exclusive but we’ll see what happens.

Users who are viewing this thread