Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
Tom Servo

*** OFFICIAL *** Cleveland Indians thread - Chief Wahoo retires to God's waiting room to live out his remaining days.

I just looked up Eckersley on wiki. 

He pitched for Cleveland 1975-77.

No ties that I know of to Houston. 

Why would his rooting interest be for Houston???

31 minutes ago, NREC34 said:

Rick Manning was banging Eck's wife (and later married her) which led to his being traded to Boston.  The Indians 'had' to get rid of one of them and they chose Eckersley. Maybe he's still upset about that situation 40 years later :shrug:

• Like 2

8 hours ago, NREC34 said:

The fact that you had to look this up makes me feel very old. 

46 minutes ago, Tom Servo said:

The fact that you had to look this up makes me feel very old. 

Born in ‘72. First baseball season I remember was ‘79. I’m sure I’m not THAT far behind you. ?

3 hours ago, NREC34 said:

Born in ‘72. First baseball season I remember was ‘79. I’m sure I’m not THAT far behind you. ?

Born in 1963; first season was '68. So, yes you are.

Today could be Chief Wahoo's last day. :oldunsure:

Need some serious mojo to pull this thing off.  Pulling Cookie too soon on Saturday was painful.  Watching Miller struggle was horrendous.  Watching this team swing and miss hundreds of times is heart breaking.  Let's say they win today with Clev.  Tomorrow is Beiber with Bauer backing him up.  Then trotting Kluber out there again for game 5?  I'm not having as much optimism as I did before this thing started...:scared:

Sunshine escapes!!!! Left 'em loaded!!!!

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Tom Servo said:

Sunshine escapes!!!! Left 'em loaded!!!!

I was sweating here at work watching the pitch by pitch feed in a mtg.  DId a quick little fist pump and had a couple ppl look at me.  I just said, "Just happy for sunshine" which drew a couple of nods.  :P

Big inning for HOU.  Swinging bunt hit.  Pitcher makes 2 throwing errors on routine plays.  Gurriel K's but the 1st base ump saves him.  Feels like I'm watching my 12 year olds.

• Like 1

On 9/27/2018 at 8:27 PM, Tom Servo said:

I can almost guarantee you most or all of those games will be late afternoon. Networks are going to jam the Red Sux into the orafice of your choice. <_< 

I wish they'd do late afternoon. These noon games suck

5 minutes ago, cosjobs said:

I really like how you guys let us beat up on Bauer every game

2 minutes ago, cosjobs said:

:rolleyes:

1 minute ago, Bobcat10 said:

:rolleyes:

He disrespected us earlier this year, essentially calling us cheaters.

Now we're motivated alleged cheaters

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, NREC34 said:

Why are ppl leaving lmao

They're smart trying to beat traffic.

33 minutes ago, cosjobs said:

He disrespected us earlier this year, essentially calling us cheaters.

Now we're motivated alleged cheaters

Riiiight

Just now, NREC34 said:

sorry guys. 

The stros r 2 gud 

Grats.  We sucked all series.

Different game if Gurriel was rightly rung up for the 4th straight time, but they weren't winning 3 in a row hitting like they have been.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, NREC34 said:

sorry guys. 

The stros r 2 gud 

I-77 south is that way, sport. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cosjobs said:

Bauer beat himself up. 

1 hour ago, Bobcat10 said:

Grats.  We sucked all series.

Different game if Gurriel was rightly rung up for the 4th straight time, but they weren't winning 3 in a row hitting like they have been.

21-6 is pretty strong

25 minutes ago, cosjobs said:

21-6 is pretty strong

Exactly, the Indians sucked.  Do you need me to say the Astros played well?  That happened too.

Guess it was fitting that Chief Wahoo's last day on the field was during Indigenous People's Day.  :shrug:

I knew it was trouble when I saw Bauer's first pitch bounce 3 ft in front of plate and almost hit the batter on the rebound.

Other than Baumgarners epic relief job in the WS a few years back it seems like starters generally do not fare well in relief.  Scherzer has blown a couple himself.   Starters must have the mindset if they give up 2-3 in the first they can still settle down and go 6-7 innings and the bottom line looks really good.  

The relief guys know that they are basically one inning guys who need every out. One bad outing blows up their era and whip and it takes weeks to get it back down.

Not blaming the division in this one.  CLE was out played.  But the recent issues coming to light about HOU ppl video-taping opposing teams dugouts and texting with others really have me wondering how much of a difference that situation made in the ALDS.  

I find it interesting that HOU was on a crazy winning streak, tearing through both CLE and BOS until this came to light.  Now HOU has suddenly fallen back to earth and have lost.  

Multiple stories coming to light about this, and the only thing MLB will say is "it's no big deal".  SMH

Metro-exclusive: Astros-may-have-been-cheating-game-1-against-Red-Sox

Astros officials removed from near Indians Dugout multiple times during ALCS game

MLB cites Astros Allegations as "Nothing Major"

Astros Official ejected from camera bay near Indians Dugout (ALCS Game 3)

Multiple reports from CLE and RedSox of Astros officials in camera bays with video cameras, texting during ALCS and ALDS games

Astros fall 0-2 since MLB security tightens

CLE files complaint to MLB about HOU officials recording dugout during ALDS game

• Like 1

Stories abound on Indians listening to trade offers for one of their SP (Kluber, Carrasco, Bauer).  With Bieber and Sunshine as BOR guys, either of out top 3 SP could be an ace somewhere else and we wouldn't see much of a drop off.  With the potential concerns on how Kluber ended the last two seasons, he would be the one I think we could get along without moving forward.  Cookie has been steady and Bauer has been looking better every year.  I like Kluber, but now might be the time to sell high on his performance to date and bring in some young arms and bats to solidfy this roster.

The SP FA Market is very stale this year, which means it's a Seller's Market during trade talks.  I think we could probably get a Sale type of trade for Kluber right now - 4 young up and coming top prospects.  That would be nice, and the Yanks have been sniffing around the possibility of a trade.  The comments on the article alone are worth the read.  I like this deal so far: 

NYY get Kluber

CLE gets Andujar + some combination of Sheffield/Frazier/Florial/German/Loisiga

A young, powerful 3B, the return of Sheffield or Frazier, a top OF prospect in Florial, and solid pitching prospect in Loisiga.  I would stay away from German right now, but I could be convinced otherwise.  He just didn't impress me much during his short stint with the team this summer.  We need OFs, and Frazier would fit that bill, but we need to make sure he has a clean bill of health after the concussions and injuries this year.  I really wonder why Sheffield hasn't been called up yet, but I'd be happy to welcome him back to CLE.

I think any deal from the NYY needs to include Andujar and a couple of top prospects for either Kluber or Carrasco.  I think Kluber with his resume would net the most profit.

I've also seen scenarios about a potential ATL trade, but I don't know as much about their roster.

Either way, I think we'll see some changes this year.  If a trade for Andujar, or another top 3B, can be had - great.  If not, I hope they do their best to convince Donaldson to stick around for a couple of years.  I like how he plays 3B and he was a welcome sight at the end of the year.  I just wish the offense had picked up in October to allow us to see more him at 3B in a Tribe uni.

via MLB Network: Rosenthal breaking down the type of deal CLE could get for Kluber this offseason...

Trade ideas I've seen for Kluber this off-season.  They don't look too bad...

Andujar, Loaisiga, T.Stephan, Cabello from NYY 
K.Ruiz, Verdugo, D.Santana, Gonsolin from LAD 
Pache, Soroka, H.Ynoa, lotto ticket from ATL 
Hiura, Burnes, Ponce, lotto ticket from MIL 
Senzel, Santillan, Friedl, Herget from CIN

Edited by Peak
link

Edwing traded to Seattle for Carlos Santana. Details to come. 

37 minutes ago, Tom Servo said:

Edwing traded to Seattle for Carlos Santana. Details to come. 

Edwin and Yandy to TB.

Santana and Bauers to Cle.

Pick to Sea.

14 minutes ago, Bobcat10 said:

Edwin and Yandy to TB.

Santana and Bauers to Cle.

Pick to Sea.

So close....lol

Edwin and Comp Balance Draft Pick to SEA

Yandy and PTBNL to TB

Santana and Bauers to CLE

I like the moves, but now Yonder is the odd man out, IMO.  Wonder if he is traded soon as well?  Yonder isn't the DH, and I think Santana brings more defense at 1B than Yonder.  :shrug:

Bauers got playing time in TB by moving to the OF (particularly LF with some RF time).  Have to think this may be our new LF.  A former top prospect with plenty of Major League ABs who is under control until 2025.

20 minutes ago, Peak said:

So close....lol

Edwin and Comp Balance Draft Pick to SEA

Yandy and PTBNL to TB

Santana and Bauers to CLE

Right, but mult are reporting Sea is flipping EE to TB.  But I've also seen that's not the case.  I ran with it.  :shrug:

19 minutes ago, Peak said:

I like the moves, but now Yonder is the odd man out, IMO.  Wonder if he is traded soon as well?  Yonder isn't the DH, and I think Santana brings more defense at 1B than Yonder.  :shrug:

Bauers got playing time in TB by moving to the OF (particularly LF with some RF time).  Have to think this may be our new LF.  A former top prospect with plenty of Major League ABs who is under control until 2025.

The Fan just said if they move Yonder without taking a big salary back, they will have cleared $24M this offseason.  Will be interesting to see what they do whether they move him or not.  Still too many questions overall to see the grand plan.  One thing I think is locked in that nobody is mentioning, we're going to be comfortable throwing Martin in CF while getting Zimmer ramped back up slowly to give him another chance.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Bobcat10 said:

we're going to be comfortable throwing Martin in CF

I completely agree....just hoping his rehab and offseason goes well enough that he's healthy to start in Spring Training.