What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Android apps (1 Viewer)

Do you guys have a top 3 or top 5 apps for new Droid users?

This thread is long and hard to go through and find the best apps.

TIA

In the Android Market, Google just kicked off 10 Apps for 10 Days at 10 Cents, or something like that. Today you can pick up Soundhound Infinity for a dime, among other decent quality apps.

I suggest the following from the lists:

Sound Hound

Airsync

Paper Camera (surprised how much fun I had with this one)

Flick Golf

Christmas HD Paper (very customizable)

Star Chart

I heard that having too many apps can really bog down the speed of your phone.

At what point is too many apps? 10? 50? 100?

I heard that having too many apps can really bog down the speed of your phone.At what point is too many apps? 10? 50? 100?
:shrug: Depends on your phone, and if you have the apps on the SD card or not... if you have them on the SDcard, you are only limited by how big the card is.

If you like strategy card games (Settlers of Catan, Puerto Rico, etc.) there is a free game for Android called Condado that is very good and highly addictive. Not for everyone, but if that's your thing it's a great app.

Ice Cream Sandwich keyboard (free) is worth trying out as well. Im more accurate typing on it than any other keyboard Ive tried so far, including Swiftkey.

Also, I read that Google Sky Maps (free) is more accurate than Star Chart, but for free (or a dime) it may be worth a look.

Just replaced Shazam with Sound Hound. Great app.

Last edited by a moderator:
I cracked open the wallet, and just spent 30 cents on apps for the tablet I am giving my daughter for xmas... including the Christmas Wallpaper which I thought to be useless prior to a few minutes ago - lol

I cracked open the wallet, and just spent 30 cents on apps for the tablet I am giving my daughter for xmas... including the Christmas Wallpaper which I thought to be useless prior to a few minutes ago - lol
Got this for my phone, sent the link to the wife and she was a bit disappointed in my choice of wallpapers, apparently I lost some man points. :thumbdown:

I suggest the following from the lists:Sound Hound AirsyncPaper Camera (surprised how much fun I had with this one)Flick GolfChristmas HD Paper (very customizable)Star Chart
what's up with Sound Hound showing $0.10 price in search results, then when you click on it, it changes to $4.99 :hot:
They must be limiting the times....I got it for a dime a few hours ago. Shazam is a free app that does the same thing, its just not as polished.

Is there an app or a way to download the list of apps that you have or to otherwise track them? I've heard about people having to do a factory re-boot and having all of their apps wiped out and if I ever have to do that I'd like to know what to re-load.
If you download them from the Android Market or Amazon Market, they keep track of them. I had to log into the Android Market website, but it had a list of all the apps I downloaded. you still need to manually download them if you didn't do a backup.

Is there an app or a way to download the list of apps that you have or to otherwise track them? I've heard about people having to do a factory re-boot and having all of their apps wiped out and if I ever have to do that I'd like to know what to re-load.
If you download them from the Android Market or Amazon Market, they keep track of them. I had to log into the Android Market website, but it had a list of all the apps I downloaded. you still need to manually download them if you didn't do a backup.
Thanks! :thumbup:

Do you guys have a top 3 or top 5 apps for new Droid users?This thread is long and hard to go through and find the best apps.TIA
When I got my Android back in August I spent an afternoon with the Google phrase "Best Android apps of 2011".

Thanks! :thumbup:
Also, look for 'app backup & restore' in the market. Good app.

If I have an app that I purchased from the Amazon marketplace on my phone, is it possible to transfer it to my tablet (i.e. just use on tablet and not on phone)?

If I have an app that I purchased from the Amazon marketplace on my phone, is it possible to transfer it to my tablet (i.e. just use on tablet and not on phone)?
Download and open the Amazon Market, go into my apps and you should see all purchased apps. I've done just that on my HP Touchpad recently ported to Honeycomb.

I suggest the following from the lists:Sound Hound AirsyncPaper Camera (surprised how much fun I had with this one)Flick GolfChristmas HD Paper (very customizable)Star Chart
And I suggest Swiftkey X and Beautiful Widgets... I use both daily.
Swiftkey X is not on sale...its $3.99
Swiftkey X is a 10 cent app again today.
Holy Crap is this awesome! Just got my first Android phone and it's also my first on screen keyboard, I was seriously regretting my purchase (Samsung Galazxy S II) because of my typing issues...but Swiftkey X has instantly changed that. I'm not only more accurate, but the punctuation keys are much faster/easier to get to, it's already learning how I type, and I love that you can hard press a key to get it's alternate function instead of having to change pages.Best 10 cents I've spent since Flick Golf...but 100% worth the full price.

I can't download airpsync because my htc evo says I don't have enough space. The majority of my interal space is being taken up by the stupid mail program. I've tried everything I can to clear space but the phone still won't install the ap? Any thoughts other than restoring the phone to factory defaults? I don't want to have to enter all my contacts again. I really want airpsync to get my music on the phone (easily). Thanks.

I can't download airpsync because my htc evo says I don't have enough space. The majority of my interal space is being taken up by the stupid mail program. I've tried everything I can to clear space but the phone still won't install the ap? Any thoughts other than restoring the phone to factory defaults? I don't want to have to enter all my contacts again. I really want airpsync to get my music on the phone (easily). Thanks.
How about moving some of your apps over to microSD card. Had this same issue a few months ago and move some apps over to my 16gig card.

How about moving some of your apps over to microSD card. Had this same issue a few months ago and move some apps over to my 16gig card.
Most of my apps are on the SD card and what's not there I don't have the option to move over. So irritated!

I suggest the following from the lists:

Sound Hound

Airsync

Paper Camera (surprised how much fun I had with this one)

Flick Golf

Christmas HD Paper (very customizable)

Star Chart
And I suggest Swiftkey X and Beautiful Widgets... I use both daily.
Swiftkey X is not on sale...its $3.99
Swiftkey X is a 10 cent app again today.
Holy Crap is this awesome! Just got my first Android phone and it's also my first on screen keyboard, I was seriously regretting my purchase (Samsung Galazxy S II) because of my typing issues...but Swiftkey X has instantly changed that. I'm not only more accurate, but the punctuation keys are much faster/easier to get to, it's already learning how I type, and I love that you can hard press a key to get it's alternate function instead of having to change pages.Best 10 cents I've spent since Flick Golf...but 100% worth the full price.
Couldn't agree more. Love this thing!! :thumbup:

Has anyone been able to figure out how to reply to all via text message? My iphone/BB friends are constantly sending group texts, and they all come to my inbox individually; so it renders me useless as I can take part in the conversation. I've tried handsent, goSMS, and the stock messaging app, and none of them work. I can't believe android is missing this basic funcitonality :brickwall:

Has anyone been able to figure out how to reply to all via text message? My iphone/BB friends are constantly sending group texts, and they all come to my inbox individually; so it renders me useless as I can take part in the conversation. I've tried handsent, goSMS, and the stock messaging app, and none of them work. I can't believe android is missing this basic funcitonality :brickwall:
How do you know when group messages are sent. I never really even thought about this. When I look at all of my text messages they just look as if they were sent to me only.

Menu/More/Reply All

:goodposting:Also do you guys have to download iPhone and BB texts as images in order to view them?

Menu/More/Reply All
from which app?

Menu/More/Reply All
from which app?
I just found it in the stock app. Press and hold on the message till the menu pops up. The last option is "Reply All"It's not available in Handscent, which I like using.

Prolly doesn't apply to this specifically, but the GroupMe app is teats for chatting with the same group of people.

Users who are viewing this thread