Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
KCC

Streaming or currently airing TV shows (AKA Netflix thread)

Just finished Dark on Netflix. Pretty interesting if you can get past the English dub over from the original German, it took a few episodes for me.

Sci-Fi/mystery in a German town that takes place over different time periods revolving around time travel, it also had a Stranger Things vibe to it during the first season.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, STBootleg said:

Just finished Dark on Netflix. Pretty interesting if you can get past the English dub over from the original German, it took a few episodes for me.

Sci-Fi/mystery in a German town that takes place over different time periods revolving around time travel, it also had a Stranger Things vibe to it during the first season.

season 1 or both seasons?

2 hours ago, STBootleg said:

I changed it to the original German with subtitles instead.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, mr. furley said:

season 1 or both seasons?

I guess the vibe carried over to the second season but it really felt Stranger Thingish during the first few episodes of season one.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, BeTheMatch said:

I changed it to the original German with subtitles instead.

Wow, I didn't know that was an option. Thanks for letting me know, I'll try that if another show has the same situation.

Edited by STBootleg

1 hour ago, STBootleg said:

Wow, I didn't know that was an option. Thanks for letting me know, I'll try that if another show has the same situation.

Yeah...the dubbing was cringingly distracting.

Eta...good show though.

Edited by El Floppo

1 hour ago, STBootleg said:

I recommend not viewing Season 2 while drinking or impaired in any other way.  The only shot I had of keeping up was stone cold sober and consulting show notes on the net.  It was hard to follow.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, facook said:

I recommend not viewing Season 2 while drinking or impaired in any other way.  The only shot I had of keeping up was stone cold sober and consulting show notes on the net.  It was hard to follow.

Yep, there is a lot to keep track of. I was lost quite a few times trying to remember what was what.

On 2/10/2020 at 10:11 AM, Buckna said:

Binged the rest of Locke & Key yesterday, wife and I really enjoyed it. Final episode seemed anti-climactic at first but it had a great ending that sets up a season 2 well. Show is definitely less horror than Stranger Things and more mystery with fantasy elements for a younger crowd. Looking forward to future seasons, they really only scratched the surface on a lot of what they introduced.

I liked it and my youngest is watching it as well. It was a bit darker than I expected (subway). Not scary, scary but definitely kept you on edge a bit. I saw the ending from miles away once she was screaming. Didn’t know who at the time but knew who it wasn’t. Still well done although wasn’t sure why that was the goal. I’ll definitely watch the next one. 

38 minutes ago, El Floppo said:

Yeah...the dubbing was cringingly distracting.

Eta...good show though.

I actually didn’t mind the dubbing. I’m not a huge subtitle fan, seems to distract me trying to read and watch.

17 minutes ago, facook said:

I was sober, but honestly didn’t have any trouble following it. They made it pretty obvious when they were. Definitely surprises with who was who grown up and the relation to others. I loved the parts where people who knew what was going to happen were able to manipulate people to do things they were opposed to but didn’t realize they ended up causing them. Ending was a bit funky but no doubt I’ll continue.

11 minutes ago, stbugs said:

I actually didn’t mind the dubbing. I’m not a huge subtitle fan, seems to distract me trying to read and watch.

I was sober, but honestly didn’t have any trouble following it. They made it pretty obvious when they were. Definitely surprises with who was who grown up and the relation to others. I loved the parts where people who knew what was going to happen were able to manipulate people to do things they were opposed to but didn’t realize they ended up causing them. Ending was a bit funky but no doubt I’ll continue.

I may need to rethink my answer in the "How Smart Are You" thread.  :D 

My biggest trouble was keeping straight which adult was which grown child, and which child was which grown up, etc.

Edited by facook

1 hour ago, facook said:

I may need to rethink my answer in the "How Smart Are You" thread.  :D 

My biggest trouble was keeping straight which adult was which grown child, and which child was which grown up, etc.

Lol. There were definitely some side characters from the 50s or earlier but they were mainly just that. I’m sure I’d get them mixed up as well but the star folks (travelers) are the ones you just needed to follow closely. I just liked that they weren’t trying to fool you. I thought they did a great job of time travel and even explaining things a bit. 

7 hours ago, STBootleg said:

Great show

just wrapped Broadchurch season 1

was OK. not earth shattering but worth a watch. 

bugs me how many of the characters were pederasts. or how many were reasonably suspected of such.  and that resolution comes right out of the blue with some pretty thin rationale. :shrug:

1 hour ago, ghostguy123 said:

Finally saw The Poughkeepsie Tapes.

Enjoyed this quite a bit.  Just the right amount of disturbing.

Thanks. Debated watching this a few times but never pulled the trigger. Will give it a try.

1 minute ago, JoeSteeler said:

Thanks. Debated watching this a few times but never pulled the trigger. Will give it a try.

Dont watch with other people around.  Lot of horrific screaming.

• Like 1

Narcos Mexico season 2 is incredible.  Simply amazing all the way around.  I couldnt stop watching it last night.  Cannot wait to finish it this weekend.  Everything in this show is top notch.

The election stuff went over my head but I am a dummy

• Thanks 1

On 6/5/2019 at 12:51 PM, Good Posting Judge said:

Booksmart was really good. 🐼

Just watched this last night. Was excellent, very funny.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, McBokonon said:

Just watched this last night. Was excellent, very funny.

See what I did there with the panda emoji?!

• Laughing 1

3 hours ago, dhockster said:

Messiah was good. The actor who played the Messiah was very good.

Or...was he???

• Like 1

Finished Narcos:M2

Holy crap this is a good show.  They seamlessly set it up for S3 and the carnage that comes with the competing cartels.   I have a feeling next season is going to get nuts with the violence and show how El Chapo rises and how ruthless he is. 

• Like 1

Late to Outlander.  Just finished the first season.  That was the darkest I've ever seen any tv show go.  

Show has been way better then I expected.  

Am I nuts for thinking season 10 could of had a guest appearance for Jennifer Lawrence? Larry runs into her, it’s well known she has a crush on her, brings JLAW to Cabo and JLAW has her drunken personality on display at the wedding as a way to poke fun at herself.

9 minutes ago, wazoo11 said:

Am I nuts for thinking season 10 could of had a guest appearance for Jennifer Lawrence? Larry runs into her, it’s well known she has a crush on her, brings JLAW to Cabo and JLAW has her drunken personality on display at the wedding as a way to poke fun at herself.

I assume you're talking about Star trek. Or maybe the walking dead. Arrested development?

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, El Floppo said:

I assume you're talking about Star trek. Or maybe the walking dead. Arrested development?

Curb Your Enthusiasm lol

• Thanks 1

On 2/10/2020 at 8:42 PM, ragincajun said:

The Pharmacist on Netflix.

Highly recommended.

Absolutely.  And the accents are awesome - nothing like home.

The Stranger on Netflix was a terrible mess. I feel duped by the positive reviews I saw for it. We regret not bailing after the second episode. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Fwiw, the article about the OA popped back up on my news feed.

"The OA season 3: release date and plot explained"

Neither is true. Total click bait bs. Apologies again for wasting OA fans time originally bringing it up.

Here's tthe linkhe link if you feel like wasting even more of your time

On 2/15/2020 at 12:39 PM, Daywalker said:

Late to Outlander.  Just finished the first season.  That was the darkest I've ever seen any tv show go.  

Show has been way better then I expected.  

hmmm, sounds like me. I like dark

2 hours ago, El Floppo said:

Fwiw, the article about the OA popped back up on my news feed.

"The OA season 3: release date and plot explained"

Neither is true. Total click bait bs. Apologies again for wasting OA fans time originally bringing it up.

Here's tthe linkhe link if you feel like wasting even more of your time

One article I read wasn’t quite clear but seemed to imply that new episodes were produced but won’t be released

1 hour ago, TripItUp said:

Really liking Narcos Mexico season 2.   I seem to be higher on it than most.

I’m 3 episodes in and loving it so I’m right there with ya.  

• Thanks 1

The Outsider. Two thumbs up. Drags here and there, but does a decent job of keeping things going. Seven episodes in, I hope the investment pays off. 

8 minutes ago, TripItUp said:

How does better call Saul stack up to BB?

Very different vibe for much of the Jimmy story. The drug dealing parts are BB-esque. It's a great show, but BB was an epic show.

• Like 1

Saul takes a while (3/4 episodes) to find its stride but gets really really good. One of the best shows on TV at the moment. 

Is it just me, or are the captions kind of botched in Narcos: Mexico 2? Sometimes during prolonged Spanish dialog the caption pacing is fine; they leave it up on screen to read, but then sometimes they  just flash a caption for a millisecond or sometimes seem like they don't caption parts. I can generally tell what's going on but seems like I miss some stuff. I don't remember having that issue on previous seasons. I do like this show though. 

Edited by ericttspikes
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, simsarge said:

The Outsider. Two thumbs up. Drags here and there, but does a decent job of keeping things going. Seven episodes in, I hope the investment pays off. 

Ditto

11 hours ago, TripItUp said:

How does better call Saul stack up to BB?

I like it better

On 2/15/2020 at 10:14 PM, Sand said:

Absolutely.  And the accents are awesome - nothing like home.

Are you from Da Parish?  My Wife is.

• Like 1

Flew out to the West Coast today and I watched 5 or 6 episodes of Messiah to finish it and damn I really liked it a lot. It’s not a super fast moving show but the acting was solid and the story from start to end was really good. I was surprised at how much I liked it. Might have been as good as any Netflix show I watched.

It’s obviously got a lot of religious connotations but if you aren’t bothered by it, since it’s a show, you’ll like it.

Edited by stbugs

1 hour ago, ragincajun said:

Are you from Da Parish?  My Wife is.

I'm from Gretna, so not from that side.  In fact, when they guy was talking about driving to the end of the world - i.e. Delacroix, my first blush response was that that's the wrong side of the world.  The real end of the world is, of course, Venice.

Great show and it was good to hear a Chalmette-ish accent again.  Don't hear it very often my way.  

would recommend Legend. story of the London gangsters, Ronald and Reggie Kray.

• Like 1

Just because I need to give The History Channel credit when they actually air some history... the Washington miniseries is pretty dang good.

2 hours ago, mr. furley said:

would recommend Legend. story of the London gangsters, Ronald and Reggie Kray.

The Hardy boys? Damn skippy.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, El Floppo said:

The Hardy boys? Damn skippy.

yep. he was good in both roles.