What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official*** Amazon Rings of Power Thread (1 Viewer)

this would be much easier to watch if the director had ever heard of lights. You know, lights action camera. Not pitch black darkness in half the scenes. So hard to watch.
In their defense, a fair portion of the story is underground (dwarves) or in an indoor smithy (elves) or filmed at night (orcs) since most evil stuff shuns the sunlight. I get what you are saying, dark shows reek havoc on my TV, it's two characters and then just black behind them. I watch most everything on an iPad and it's much better visually.

I’m really enjoying the season and the Harfeet aren’t bothering me at all. Honestly, they really haven’t been involved that much this season. Looking forward to the rest of the season.

I sure hope this series is able to deliver on the opportunity they have been given. I always thought the Hobbit went low when they could have gone high, adding depth to the story where LoTR movies by necessity had to give up some depth. So far this season is really good, and I think they will need - and should take - another good 3 or 4 seasons to tell the story right.

I think they will need - and should take - another good 3 or 4 seasons to tell the story right.
But will they get a season 3 let alone 4?
You may recall that they lost a lot of viewers in season 1; wasn't the stat 37% didn't finish it?
It doesn't look like season 2 is doing even that well.

Took me a while to get caught up. It’s gotten better with each episode. I seen enough of the harfoots. But everything else is a solid story. And I have read pretty much everything tolkien. They are doing a good job telling of the deception in the forging of the rings. It’s not an easy story to bring to film.

I think they will need - and should take - another good 3 or 4 seasons to tell the story right.
You may recall that they lost a lot of viewers in season 1; wasn't the stat 37% didn't finish it?
It's very difficult to separate the politics from reality on this stuff. Here's the same information but with a different spin:

Rings of Power Season 2 Viewership on the Rise

But if it's really a top 5 Prime series then I assume that means they're happy with it. Guess time will tell.

It's very difficult to separate the politics from reality on this stuff. Here's the same information but with a different spin:

But if it's really a top 5 Prime series then I assume that means they're happy with it. Guess time will tell.
Maybe. Season 1 cost 465 million to make and season 2 was even more. Smh. That's a lot of cheddar. That type of financial investment doesn't guarantee a season 3. I hope we have a season 3, but don't think it a lock..

Here's the same information but with a different spin:
Spin is the key word here. Frankly, I don't see where Variety has any reason to spin things. I don't think they have a dog in the fight. As far as I know, they're an entertainment industry rag. I suppose if you wanted to see a conspiracy, you could posit that they are anti Bezos, but Amazon isn't the first corporate entity to play in Hollywood.

If anything, I think the spin is coming from the Amazon side w/r/t the odd way the announced the numbers. Viewers of 11 days? Seems like a strange metric.

Maybe. Season 1 cost 465 million to make and season 2 was even more. Smh. That's a lot of cheddar. That type of financial investment doesn't guarantee a season 3. I hope we have a season 3, but don't think it a lock..
Which is why every viewing service from cable to satellite to streaming is gonna double in cost in the next 2 years. These services are throwing a lot of $s at content. Whether it's sports or TV series. In the end we are paying for this content. Which I'm all aboard with if we liked the majority of the content. But in reality we are paying for a few things we like and a ton of stuff we don't care about. Like if someone doesn't like LOTR ROP but wants Amazon Prime Video to watch Reacher, they are stuck paying the bill for what it cost Amazon to produce LOTR ROP. I get it ... cancel the subscription if you don't like it. But I do wonder at what point every game and show becomes pay per view.

Here's the same information but with a different spin:
Spin is the key word here. Frankly, I don't see where Variety has any reason to spin things. I don't think they have a dog in the fight. As far as I know, they're an entertainment industry rag. I suppose if you wanted to see a conspiracy, you could posit that they are anti Bezos, but Amazon isn't the first corporate entity to play in Hollywood.

If anything, I think the spin is coming from the Amazon side w/r/t the odd way the announced the numbers. Viewers of 11 days? Seems like a strange metric.
Dude, we get it. You don’t like it and you don’t want it to do well.

Also, 11 days makes sense to me. Since a week in the US/Roman calendar is typically considered Sunday to Saturday, the show airing on Wednesday would mean 4 days plus the full first week, so 4+7=11. Doesn’t seem like a conspiracy to hide bad results to me.

Users who are viewing this thread