What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WSL2 Rosters (draft order #68, pos order #70) and draft discussion (1 Viewer)

5.09 BostonFred - Matt Leinart - QB14 - Arz - Totally uninspiring QB1s, could have gotten same risk/reward ratio at QB for at least 2-3 more rounds, more valuable WR/TEs still on the board.
I probably shouldn't have reached for him, but I have him head and shoulders above the other guys available at that pick, and didn't want to lose him. People said similar things about Rodgers after he sat on the bench for years and had been decent but unspectacular in replacement duty. I have high hopes for Leinart next year, especially considering that three or four of their receivers have already been drafted. This is how quarterbacks are supposed to progress into the NFL.

5.09 BostonFred - Matt Leinart - QB14 - Arz - Totally uninspiring QB1s, could have gotten same risk/reward ratio at QB for at least 2-3 more rounds, more valuable WR/TEs still on the board.
I probably shouldn't have reached for him, but I have him head and shoulders above the other guys available at that pick, and didn't want to lose him. People said similar things about Rodgers after he sat on the bench for years and had been decent but unspectacular in replacement duty. I have high hopes for Leinart next year, especially considering that three or four of their receivers have already been drafted. This is how quarterbacks are supposed to progress into the NFL.
Rodgers showed more against Dallas in one half in 2007 than Leinart has so far in his career. Also have to think Arizona becomes much more balanced offense, Boldin is 50/50 at best to stay in Arizona, and Breaston may not look nearly as good when he's not in the slot. The passing pie won't be nearly as big with Leinart at the helm instead of Warner.

Least Favorite Picks so far

4.05 Renesauz - LeSean McCoy - RB19 - Phi
This pick could pay off no?
It could pay off, but the Eagles could also do something like bring in Chester Taylor to play most of Westbrook's role or otherwise stick with a multiback attack, not to mention drafting a power back to take the short yardage and goal line work. The Eagles commitment to the run is also dubious and its not automatic that Kolb/McNabb will have the same kind of reliance on McCoy that McNabb had on Westbrook. McCoy struggled in pass pro and danced too much this year. Unlike Wells and Greene, who showed the skills to hang, McCoy didn't seem ready for a bigger role as the year went on. I like the raw talent, but there's no guarantee that he'll even be the primary back for the Eagles in week 1. Upside, yes, but plenty of risk to go with it.
The Eagles "Might" bring in someone to put McCoy in a multiback attack.... The Jets WILL have a multiback attack, granted the Jets rush a lot.....

I hope Greene lives up to the hype but fantasy wise I see a power back in a 3 headed attack that catches ZERO balls and IMO is slightly overrated due to a strong finish when he was fresh. He's also a pounder who might be an injury risk and had plenty of bumps and bruises in year 1.

McCoy had 40 catches in a part time role.....The catches put McCoy a step bit ahead of Greene IMO, I think that gives him a higher ceiling along with the possibility that he might be "The Guy" where Greene will not....

It could pay off, but the Eagles could also do something like bring in Chester Taylor to play most of Westbrook's role or otherwise stick with a multiback attack, not to mention drafting a power back to take the short yardage and goal line work. The Eagles commitment to the run is also dubious and its not automatic that Kolb/McNabb will have the same kind of reliance on McCoy that McNabb had on Westbrook. McCoy struggled in pass pro and danced too much this year. Unlike Wells and Greene, who showed the skills to hang, McCoy didn't seem ready for a bigger role as the year went on. I like the raw talent, but there's no guarantee that he'll even be the primary back for the Eagles in week 1. Upside, yes, but plenty of risk to go with it.
The Eagles "Might" bring in someone to put McCoy in a multiback attack.... The Jets WILL have a multiback attack, granted the Jets rush a lot.....I hope Greene lives up to the hype but fantasy wise I see a power back in a 3 headed attack that catches ZERO balls and IMO is slightly overrated due to a strong finish when he was fresh. He's also a pounder who might be an injury risk and had plenty of bumps and bruises in year 1.

McCoy had 40 catches in a part time role.....The catches put McCoy a step bit ahead of Greene IMO, I think that gives him a higher ceiling along with the possibility that he might be "The Guy" where Greene will not....
I debated putting Greene on that list, but with Washington ahead of schedule and Jones due about 3 mil, I think there's at least a 50/50 shot that Greene is pretty much "the guy" in 2010.

The Eagles "Might" bring in someone to put McCoy in a multiback attack.... The Jets WILL have a multiback attack, granted the Jets rush a lot.....

I hope Greene lives up to the hype but fantasy wise I see a power back in a 3 headed attack that catches ZERO balls and IMO is slightly overrated due to a strong finish when he was fresh. He's also a pounder who might be an injury risk and had plenty of bumps and bruises in year 1.

I debated putting Greene on that list, but with Washington ahead of schedule and Jones due about 3 mil, I think there's at least a 50/50 shot that Greene is pretty much "the guy" in 2010.
Good Stuff....From a homer Point of view "TJ" is one of the team captains and the guy they handed to for the most important 1st down Vs SD - he was dinged down the stretch but, otherwise is in amazing shape as we all know. He's 100% Rex Ryan guy.

From TJ's POV, You would have to be completely insane to think there's a situation, at his age, in all of football that is going to give you a better opportunity than with the Jets right now.

I think they work something out.

If TJ is gone, I'd expect the Jets to be in that same race for a Chester Taylor type guy... No way they go into the season with Greene as the guy and just Leon coming off injury behind him.

I wonder if Thom Yorke will ever come back ? ;)

He must be in heaven right now, I can only imagine.

Should we think about a replacement? Or Just start giving him whatever Saints are left, including the Kicker.

Reaper said:
I wonder if Thom Yorke will ever come back ? :popcorn:He must be in heaven right now, I can only imagine.Should we think about a replacement? Or Just start giving him whatever Saints are left, including the Kicker.
Reaper, after you make your next pick it will be time to find a replacement. Hopefully TY will show up by then a finish what he started.

Reaper said:
Sigmund Bloom said:
Reaper said:
Sigmund Bloom said:
The Eagles "Might" bring in someone to put McCoy in a multiback attack.... The Jets WILL have a multiback attack, granted the Jets rush a lot.....I hope Greene lives up to the hype but fantasy wise I see a power back in a 3 headed attack that catches ZERO balls and IMO is slightly overrated due to a strong finish when he was fresh. He's also a pounder who might be an injury risk and had plenty of bumps and bruises in year 1.McCoy had 40 catches in a part time role.....The catches put McCoy a step bit ahead of Greene IMO, I think that gives him a higher ceiling along with the possibility that he might be "The Guy" where Greene will not....
Good Stuff....From a homer Point of view "TJ" is one of the team captains and the guy they handed to for the most important 1st down Vs SD - he was dinged down the stretch but, otherwise is in amazing shape as we all know. He's 100% Rex Ryan guy.From TJ's POV, You would have to be completely insane to think there's a situation, at his age, in all of football that is going to give you a better opportunity than with the Jets right now. I think they work something out.If TJ is gone, I'd expect the Jets to be in that same race for a Chester Taylor type guy... No way they go into the season with Greene as the guy and just Leon coming off injury behind him.
:thumbup:I actually agree that it is in the Jets interest to keep TJ, even for the 2.8 mil, and it is in TJ's interest to take a pay cut to stay with New York. Having a fresh Greene for December and January is the best plan to get a Lombardi Trophy, and agreed that regardless of LWash's schedule, his injury is severe and rare enough that they should not count on him for 2010, just a bonus if he is ready, and besides a team could believe in LWash enough to give him a deal that would make letting him go the smart move. Woodhead seemed to be just fine as a third-down scatback and the Jets showed that as crucial as LWash before Sanchez/Keller/BEdwards, the passing game can provide the game-changing plays LWash used to make, and Cotchery/BSmith still gives them a top half of the league return game. I love LWash, but his injury couldnt have come at a worse time.

Reaper said:
I wonder if Thom Yorke will ever come back ? :lmao:He must be in heaven right now, I can only imagine.Should we think about a replacement? Or Just start giving him whatever Saints are left, including the Kicker.
First, let me apologize for my repeated absences. Hopefully, at this stage, having faithfully done about 986576 of these over the years, I've built up enough goodwill to justify one absolute dud.The last couple of days have been phenomenal down here. Today's parade might just be the biggest party in the history of the city. And that's saying something. Thanks again for understanding. These are some of the best days of my life!

Reaper said:
I wonder if Thom Yorke will ever come back ? :banned:He must be in heaven right now, I can only imagine.Should we think about a replacement? Or Just start giving him whatever Saints are left, including the Kicker.
First, let me apologize for my repeated absences. Hopefully, at this stage, having faithfully done about 986576 of these over the years, I've built up enough goodwill to justify one absolute dud.The last couple of days have been phenomenal down here. Today's parade might just be the biggest party in the history of the city. And that's saying something. Thanks again for understanding. These are some of the best days of my life!
PARTY ON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!From another fan who has never experienced any of this, one thing I did learn the past few weeks is if the Jets do make it, I pretty much have to go to at least hang out in the Super Bowl City.....I'm so Jealous -but, happy for NO and the fans you guys so deserve all this.... :lmao: :lmao:

I definitely took Stewart too early, but not because Williams is better, because I didn't realize everyone else was so down on Stewart.

As for Slaton, not quite sure what you see WR-wise that's stable and worth a starting RB slot. Crabtree is the only one IMO worth the risk there.

While I can't argue with the general assessment, I see low RB1 potential at a mid RB2 price. Philly has far more pressing needs then at RB, so any real competition will only come via free agency...which seems unlikely under Reid. In other words, I see a much higher floor then you do, and would confidantly predict him no lower then RB28 (low RB2) or so at year's end (barring significant injury of course.) With a fourth round price tag and a weak RB1, I felt pretty good about the pick.

My squad after 12 rounds:

QB: Tom Brady, Matt Moore

RB; Matt Forte, Kevin Smith, Willis McGahee

WR: Larry Fitzgerald, Dwayne Bowe, Jeremy Maclin, Donnie Avery, Josh Morgan

TE: Chris Cooley, Tony Scheffler

Overall I like this group - strong QB1 (call him QB3, QB5 or QB8, he's top half of QB1s) and a good upside guy in Carolina.

RB: Forte has great PPR upside and little competition for workload. Kevin Smith may miss some of September, but he will be Detroit's top option. Who knows where McGahee goes - but it might even be Detroit. Weakest part of this team most likely.

WR - Strength of the team. Top tier WR in Fitz, Bowe is Top 20 and Maclin is a strong WR3 with big upside. Avery scores 50% of the time with bad QB play. Morgan should start opposite of Crabtree all year.

TE - Cooley is healthy and will re-claim his job. Scheffler may get dealt, but he's a good TE2.

Last edited by a moderator:
These WSLs are so tricky, and I have been historically weak in them. There are not many seemingly sure bets this far out from the beginning of the 2010 NFL season.My start so far...01.07 - RB Steven Jackson, Saint Louis Rams02.10 - WR Calvin Johnson, Detroit Lions03.07 - TE Tony Gonzalez, Atlanta FalconsTwo talented 2009 underachievers at the top. Although I guess you could hardly say Jackson underachieved as the long bright spot on an awful Rams team. I never intended to take a TE this high, but I think the strategy makes sense given positional scarcity.Lots of solid drafters in this one...
Team so farQB: Orton/StaffordRB: Steven Jackson/Fred Jackson/Chester TaylorWR: Calvin Johnson/Derrick Mason/Austin Collie/Chaz Schilens/Nate WashingtonTE: Tony Gonzalez/Todd HeapDEF: San Francisco 49ersI might be in trouble at QB, especially if Orton loses his job in 2010. I might have misread the tea leaves in Denver, which to me seem to indicate Orton was someone McDaniels still believes can be his Matt Cassel. I am hopeful for some Stafford/Megatron synergy.I like Fred Jackson in the Chan Gailey system. Chester Taylor will likely meet or exceed his output over the last couple of years, depending on where he lands in free agency.I was pleased to get Mason in the sixth round once it seemed clear he would return. Collie/Schilens/Washington are good depth but I clearly do not have an elite positional squad here.I do like my TE depth, though, and will not be tempted to go three deep with Gonzo and Heap securing the position.Still have some work to do...

My squad after 12 rounds:

QB: Tom Brady, Matt Moore

RB; Matt Forte, Kevin Smith, Willis McGahee

WR: Larry Fitzgerald, Dwayne Bowe, Jeremy Maclin, Donnie Avery, Josh Morgan

TE: Chris Cooley, Tony Scheffler

Overall I like this group - strong QB1 (call him QB3, QB5 or QB8, he's top half of QB1s) and a good upside guy in Carolina.

RB: Forte has great PPR upside and little competition for workload. Kevin Smith may miss some of September, but he will be Detroit's top option. Who knows where McGahee goes - but it might even be Detroit. Weakest part of this team most likely.

WR - Strength of the team. Top tier WR in Fitz, Bowe is Top 20 and Maclin is a strong WR3 with big upside. Avery scores 50% of the time with bad QB play. Morgan should start opposite of Crabtree all year.

TE - Cooley is healthy and will re-claim his job. Scheffler may get dealt, but he's a good TE2.
QB - Brady was outproduced by Romo, Roeth, and Schaub on a PPG basis, and wasn't too far ahead of Rivers or McNabb. Sure he was rusty for part of the year and banged up for another part, but he shoulders some of the risk that Welker won't be ready, because it's clear that the passing offense isn't the same without Wes. I think you overpaid. Moore could be a nice value if Fox comes to his senses and doesn't play Delhomme... we'll see.RB - You might only have one RB getting significant time in week 1. No guarantees that Smith is the man in Detroit, they were already souring on him when he got hurt, and they could easily take a Dwyer/Best/Gerhart in the top of round 2 - they were poised to take wells there last year if he fell. Chicago could also take a back and blunt some of Forte's value. Scary weakness here.

WR - a strength, but it should be with what you invested. no massive reaches or values, but great depth and explosiveness. This group will need to carry you.

TE - No guarantees Cooley will get the same target share he got in the past with the emergence of Davis, but talent balances out that risk with upside. Scheffler is a nice flier, best outcome for him would be trade.

These WSLs are so tricky, and I have been historically weak in them. There are not many seemingly sure bets this far out from the beginning of the 2010 NFL season.My start so far...01.07 - RB Steven Jackson, Saint Louis Rams02.10 - WR Calvin Johnson, Detroit Lions03.07 - TE Tony Gonzalez, Atlanta FalconsTwo talented 2009 underachievers at the top. Although I guess you could hardly say Jackson underachieved as the long bright spot on an awful Rams team. I never intended to take a TE this high, but I think the strategy makes sense given positional scarcity.Lots of solid drafters in this one...
Team so farQB: Orton/StaffordRB: Steven Jackson/Fred Jackson/Chester TaylorWR: Calvin Johnson/Derrick Mason/Austin Collie/Chaz Schilens/Nate WashingtonTE: Tony Gonzalez/Todd HeapDEF: San Francisco 49ersI might be in trouble at QB, especially if Orton loses his job in 2010. I might have misread the tea leaves in Denver, which to me seem to indicate Orton was someone McDaniels still believes can be his Matt Cassel. I am hopeful for some Stafford/Megatron synergy.I like Fred Jackson in the Chan Gailey system. Chester Taylor will likely meet or exceed his output over the last couple of years, depending on where he lands in free agency.I was pleased to get Mason in the sixth round once it seemed clear he would return. Collie/Schilens/Washington are good depth but I clearly do not have an elite positional squad here.I do like my TE depth, though, and will not be tempted to go three deep with Gonzo and Heap securing the position.Still have some work to do...
Stafford's upside should help make up Orton's mediocre production/risk of job loss - Great value in Matt S if he stays healthy.Great trio of RBs, almost wish I had taken Taylor instead of Dwyer. Taylor could easily get signed somewhere into a situation good enough to make him a 4th/5th round pick in these drafts after free agency, very underrated.WRs are average at best, another big plus if Stafford stays healthy with Megatron anchoring your WRssolid TEs, and I like SF as a top 10 defense next season, especially with two mid-first round picks, chances are theyll spend one on someone who can help on D immediately. Ahmad Brooks came on as a sackmaster at the end of the year and should help the big play #s.

QB: Jay Cutler, Mark Sanchez

RB: Adrian Peterson, Brandon Jacobs, Derrick Ward, LaGarrette Blount

WR: DeSean Jackson, Marques Colston, Wes Welker, Antonio Bryant, Malcom Floyd, Early Doucet

TE: Visanthe Shiancoe

K:

D: Baltimore, Washington.

Outside of my WRs I'm not thrilled with this team, but I think it will be competitive. If Welker plays even half the season (I think he will play more than that - just a gut feeling) then I have far and away the best WR group. I think Bryant was a steal where I got him and having Floyd as a WR5 is just gravy. Bryant and Floyd should fill in at WR3 nicely until Welker returns. Doucet finished the year strong. I think he can be productive if Boldin leaves.

At RB the plan was to go with a RB2BC. I think Jacobs TD numbers bounce back. So many times last season Bradshaw got the GL carries. I just don't get that. When you have a GL weapon like Jacobs why not use him? Ward is a better player than what we saw last season. I think he gets more involved next season. I think Blount will make an impact next year. He is a very good in pass protection and that alone should get him some opportunities if he goes to the right team. If San Diego passes on Dwyer or someone else takes him I think that Blount could be an excellent pairing with Sproles.

Missing out on a top QB really hurt what I was trying to do. I planned for Rivers or Schaub and I didn't think that both Bloom and John Doe would take one at the 3/4 turn. This season is one that could be one that shows us what Cutler can do if he really buys into Martz's system. If he doesn't then the experiment could be catastrophic for Cutler's career. I'd really like to see Chicago upgrade at WR, but they have to like what they saw from Aromashadu late in the season. I wanted VY for my QB2 but Bloom snagged him in front of me. Sanchez will be better in year two. A full training camp with Butterfingers should help his numbers.

I'm weak at TE right now, but if Favre comes back (which I think he will) then Shiancoe will be fine as a TE1. I won SSL2 last year with him and not much else at the position.

1.01 Sigmund Bloom - Chris Johnson - RB1 - Tenn

2.16 Sigmund Bloom - Jason Witten - TE4 - Dal

3.01 Sigmund Bloom - Matt Schaub - QB6 - Hou

4.16 Sigmund Bloom - Jerricho Cotchery - WR24 - NYJ

5.01 Sigmund Bloom - Hakeem Nicks - WR25 - NYG

6.16 Sigmund Bloom - Kenny Britt - WR36 - Ten

7.01 Sigmund Bloom - Reggie Bush - RB31 - NO

8.16 Sigmund Bloom - Vince Young- QB21 - Tenn

9.01 Sigmond Bloom - Jonathan Dwyer - RB40 - ROOKIE

10.16 Sigmund Bloom - Jacoby Jones -WR62 - HOU

11.01 Sigmond Bloom - Michael Bush - RB49 - OAK

12.16 Sigmund Bloom - Toby Gerhart - RB54 - Rookie

13.01 Sigmond Bloom - Legedu Naanee - WR75 - SD

14.16 Sigmund Bloom - Brian Hartline - WR82 - MIA

15.01 Sigmond Bloom - ATL - DST26

16.16 Sigmund Bloom - Sebastian Janikowski - PK19 -OAK

17.01 Sigmond Bloom - DET - DST31

18.16 Sigmund Bloom - Shawn Nelson - TE31 - BUF

19.01 Sigmond Bloom - Deon Butler - WR96 - SEA

20.16 Sigmund Bloom - Javon Ringer - RB81 - TEN

1.02 John Doe - Maurice Jones Drew - RB2 - Jax

2.15 John Doe - Greg Jennings - WR12 - GB

3.02 John Doe - Philip Rivers - QB7 - SD

4.15 John Doe - Joseph Addai - RB23 - Ind

5.02 John Doe - Heath Miller - TE8 - Pit

6.15 John Doe - Davone Bess - WR35 - Mia

7.02 John Doe - Carnell Williams - RB32 - TB

8.15 John Doe - Earl Bennett - WR50 - Chi

9.02 John Doe - Kevin Boss - TE17 - NYG

10.15 John Doe - Laveranues Coles - WR61 - CIN

11.02 John Doe - Brady Quinn - QB29 - CLE

12.15 John Doe - ARI - DST10

13.02 John Doe - Mason Crosby - PK1 - GB

14.15 John Doe - Justin Gage - WR81 - TEN

15.02 John Doe - Leonard Weaver - RB58 - PHI

16.15 John Doe - Joe Nedney - PK18 - SF

17.02 John Doe - Damian Williams - WR86 - Rookie

18.15 John Doe - Quinton Ganther - RB68 - WAS

19.02 John Doe - Domenik Hixon - WR97 - NYG

20.15 John Doe - Sam Bradford - QB35 - Rookie

1.03 Valence - Adrian Peterson - RB3 - Minn

2.14 Valence - DeSean Jackson - WR11 - Phi

3.03 Valence - Marques Colston - WR13 - NO

4.14 Valence - Wes Welker - WR23 - NE

5.03 Valence - Jay Cutler - QB11 - Chi

6.14 Valence - Brandon Jacobs - RB30 - NYG

7.03 Valence - Visanthe Shiancoe - TE15 - Min

8.14 Valence - Antonio Bryant - WR49 - FA

9.03 Valence - Mark Sanchez- QB22 - NYJ

10.14 Valence - Malcom Floyd - WR60 - SD

11.03 Valence - Early Doucet - WR63 - ARI

12.14 Valence - BAL - DST9

13.03 Valence - Derrick Ward - RB55 - TB

14.14 Valence - LaGarrette Blount - RB57 - Rookie

15.03 Valence - WAS - DST27

16.14 Valence - David Thomas - TE26 - NO

17.03 Valence - Josh Scobee - PK20 - JAX

18.14 Valence - Ben Watson - TE30 - NE

19.03 Valence - Harry Douglas - WR98 - ATL

20.14 Valence - Billy Cundiff - PK29 - BAL

1.04 The Ghost of Bill Walsh - Ray Rice - RB4 - Balt

2.13 The Ghost of Bill Walsh - Vernon Davis - TE3 - SF

3.04 The Ghost of Bill Walsh - Steve Smith - WR14 - NYG

4.13 The Ghost of Bill Walsh - Eli Manning - QB10 - NYG

5.04 The Ghost of Bill Walsh - Donald Driver - WR26 - GB

6.13 The Ghost of Bill Walsh - Santana Moss - WR34 - Wash

7.04 The Ghost of Bill Walsh - CJ Spiller - RB33 - ROOKIE

8.13 The Ghost of Bill Walsh - Dez Bryant - WR51 - ROOKIE

9.04 The Ghost of Bill Walsh - Chris Chambers - WR52 - KC

10.13 Toads - Jason Campbell - QB28 - DEN

11.04 Toads - Arian Foster - RB50 - HOU

12.13 Toads - NO - DST8

13.04 Toads - Jermaine Gresham - TE23 - Rookie

14.13 Toads - CAR - DST25

15.04 Toads - Kevin Faulk - RB59 - NE

16.13 Toads - Adam Vinatieri - PK17 - IND

17.04 Toads - John Kasay - PK21 - CAR

18.13 Toads - Dexter McCluster - RB67 - Rookie

19.04 Toads - Correll Buckhalter - RB69 - DEN

20.13 Toads - Bryant Johnson - WR106- DET

1.05 Aaron Rudnicki - Andre Johnson - WR1 - Hou

2.12 Aaron Rudnicki - Jamaal Charles - RB11 - KC

3.05 Aaron Rudnicki - Ryan Grant - RB12 - GB

4.12 Aaron Rudnicki - Michael Crabtree - WR22 - SF

5.05 Aaron Rudnicki - Matt Ryan - QB12 - Atl

6.12 Aaron Rudnicki - TJ Houshmandzadeh - WR33 - Sea

7.05 Aaron Rudnicki - John Carlson - TE16 - Sea

8.12 Aaron Rudnicki - Marshawn Lynch - RB39 - Buf

9.05 Aaron Rudnicki - Matt Cassel- QB23 - KC

10.12 Aaron Rudnicki - Ryan Mathews - RB48 - Rookie

11.05 Aaron Rudnicki - Kevin Walter - WR64 - FA

12.12 Aaron Rudnicki - DAL - DST7

13.05 Aaron Rudnicki - Golden Tate - WR76 - Rookie

14.12 Aaron Rudnicki - Jabar Gaffney - WR80 - DEN

15.05 Aaron Rudnicki - CLE - DST28

16.12 Aaron Rudnicki - Rian Lindell- PK16 - BUF

17.05 Aaron Rudnicki - Phil Dawson - PK22 - CLE

18.12 Aaron Rudnicki - Bo Scaife - TE29 - TEN

19.05 Aaron Rudnicki - Mike Bell - RB70 - NO

20.12 Aaron Rudnicki - Rob Gronkowski - TE35 - Rookie

1.06 Jeter23 - Frank Gore - RB5 - SF

2.11 jeter23 - Tony Romo - QB5 - Dal

3.06 Jeter23 - Anquan Boldin - WR15- Arz

4.11 jeter23 - Hines Ward - WR21 - Pit

5.06 Jeter23 - Felix Jones - RB24 - Dal

6.11 jeter23 - Owen Daniels - TE14 - Hou

7.06 Jeter23 - Steve Breaston - WR37 - Az

8.11 jeter23 - Mike Wallace - WR48 - Pit

9.06 Jeter23 - Chad Henne - QB24 - MIA

10.11 jeter23 - Tashard Choice - RB47 - DAL

11.06 Jeter23 - Leon Washington - RB51 - NYJ

12.11 jeter23 - Jared Cook - TE22 - TEN

13.06 Jeter23 - NYG - DST11

14.11 jeter23 - David Akers - PK3 - PHI

15.06 Jeter23 - Demaryius Thomas - WR83 - Rookie

16.11 jeter23 - OAK- DST30

17.06 Jeter23 - Ryan Succop - PK23 - KC

18.11 jeter23 - Malcolm Kelly - WR95 - WAS

19.06 Jeter23 - Mark Clayton - WR99 - BAL

20.11 Jeter23 Martellus Bennett - TE34 - DAL

1.07 BusMan - Steven Jackson - RB6 - StL

2.10 BusMan - Calvin Johnson - WR10 - Det

3.07 BusMan - Tony Gonzalez - TE5 - Atl

4.10 BusMan - Fred Jackson - RB22 - BUF

5.07 BusMan - Kyle Orton - QB13 - Den

6.10 Bus Man - Derrick Mason - WR32 - Bal

7.07 BusMan - Austin Collie - WR38 - Ind

8.10 Bus Man - Matthew Stafford- QB20 - Det

9.07 BusMan - Chaz Schilens - WR53 - OAK

10.10 Bus Man - Chester Taylor - RB46 - MIN

11.07 BusMan - Todd Heap - TE19 - BAL

12.10 Bus Man - SF - DST6

13.07 BusMan - Nate Washington - WR77 - TEN

14.10 Bus Man - KC - DST24

15.07 BusMan - Nate Kaeding - PK4 - SD

16.10 Bus Man - Jay Feely - PK15 - NYJ

17.07 BusMan - Kevin Ogletree - WR87 - DAL

18.10 Bus Man - Jason Avant - WR94 - PHI

19.07 BusMan - Maurice Morris - RB71 - DET

20.10 Bus Man - Montario Hardesty - RB80 - Rookie

1.08 Blue-Kun - Jonathan Stewart - RB7 - Car

2.09 Blue-Kun - Vincent Jackson - WR9 - SD

3.08 Blue-Kun - Sidney Rice - WR16 - Min

4.09 Blue-Kun - Steve Slaton - RB21 - HOU

5.08 Blue-Kun - Zach Miller - TE9 - Oak

6.09 Blue-Kun - David Garrard - QB16 - Jax

7.08 Blue-Kun - Joe Flacco - QB17 - Bal

8.09 Blue Ken - Devin Aromashadu - WR47 - Chi

9.08 Blue-Kun - Tim Hightower - RB41 - ARI

10.09 Blue Ken - Josh Cribbs - WR59 - CLE

11.08 Blue-Kun - Brandon Pettigrew - TE20 - DET

12.09 Blue Ken - GB - DST5

13.08 Blue-Kun - TEN - DST12

14.09 Blue Ken - Jordy Nelson - WR79 - GB

15.08 Blue-Kun - Lawrence Tynes - PK5 -NYG

16.09 Blue Ken - Julius Jones - RB62 - SEA

17.08 Blue-Kun - Olindo Mare - PK24 - FA

18.09 Blue Ken - Jason Snelling - RB66 - ATL

19.08 Blue-Kun - Sam Aiken - WR100 - NE

20.09 Blue Ken - Brad Smith - WR105 - NYJ

1.09 BostonFred - Reggie Wayne - WR2 - Ind

2.08 BostonFred - Steve Smith - WR8 - Car

3.09 BostonFred - Cedric Benson - RB13 - Cin

4.08 BostonFred - Brent Celek - TE7 - PHI

5.09 BostonFred - Matt Leinart - QB14 - Arz

6.08 BostonFred - Ahmad Bradshaw - RB29 - NYG

7.09 BostonFred - Carson Palmer - QB18 - Cin

8.08 BostonFred - Nate Burleson - WR46 - Sea

9.09 BostonFred - Andre Caldwell - WR54 - CIN

10.08 BostonFred - Jahvid Best - RB45 - Rookie

11.09 BostonFred - Johnny Knox - WR65 - CHI

12.08 BostonFred - PHI - DST4

13.09 BostonFred - Bernard Scott - RB56 - CIN

14.08 BostonFred - JAX - DST23

15.09 BostonFred - Stephen Gostkowski - PK6 - NE

16.08 BostonFred - LenDale White - RB61 - TEN

17.09 BostonFred - Josh Brown - PK25 - STL

18.08 BostonFred - Kurt Warner - QB33 - Retired

19.09 BostonFred - Deion Branch - WR101 - SEA

20.08 BostonFred - Dante Rosario - TE33 - CAR

1.10 Shadowfax - Michael Turner - RB8 - Atl

2.07 Shadowfax - Miles Austin - WR7 - Dal

3.10 Shadowfax - Jermichael Finley - TE6 - GB

4.07 Shadowfax - Jerome Harrison - RB20 - CLE

5.10 Shadowfax - Robert Meachem - WR27 - NO

6.07 Shadowfax - Brett Favre - QB15 - Min

7.10 Shadowfax - Darren McFadden - RB34 - Oak

8.07 Shadowfax - Alex Smith - QB19 - SF

9.10 Shadowfax - Devery Henderson - WR55 - NO

10.07 Shadowfax - Roy Williams - WR58 - DAL

11.10 Shadowfax - Laurent Robinson- WR68 - STL

12.07 Shadowfax - Mike Thomas - WR74 - JAX

13.10 Shadowfax - SD - DST13

14.07 Shadowfax - BUF - DST22

15.10 Shadowfax - Kevin Kolb - QB32 - PHI

16.07 Shadowfax - Dan Carpenter - PK14- MIA

17.10 Shadowfax - Shayne Graham - PK26 - CIN

18.07 Shadowfax - Zach Miller - TE28 - JAX

19.10 Shadowfax - Arrelious Benn - WR102 - Rookie

20.07 Shadowfax - James Davis - RB79 - CLE

1.11 Jeff Pasquino - Larry Fitzgerald - WR3 - Arz

2.06 Jeff Pasquino - Tom Brady - QB4 - NE

3.11 Jeff Pasquino - Matt Forte - RB14 - Chi

4.06 Jeff Pasquino - Dwayne Bowe - WR20 - KC

5.11 Jeff Pasquino - Jeremy Maclin - WR28 - Phi

6.06 Jeff Pasquino - Chris Cooley - TE13 - Wash

7.11 Jeff Pasquino - Kevin Smith - RB35 - DET

8.06 Jeff Pasquino - Donnie Avery - WR45 - StL

9.11 Jeff Pasquino - Matt Moore - QB25 - CAR

10.06 Jeff Pasquino - Tony Scheffler - TE18 - DEN

11.11 Jeff Pasquino - Josh Morgan - WR69 - SF

12.06 Jeff Pasquino - Willis McGahee - RB53 - BAL

13.11 Jeff Pasquino - IND - DST14

14.06 Jeff Pasquino - SEA - DST21

15.11 Jeff Pasquino - Ryan Longwell - PK7 - MIN

16.06 Jeff Pasquino - Matt Prater - PK13 - DEN

17.11 Jeff Pasquino - Joe McKnight- RB63 - Rookie

18.06 Jeff Pasquino - Anthony Dixon - RB65 - Rookie

19.11 Jeff Pasquino - Brandon Tate - WR103 - NE

20.06 Jeff Pasquino - Troy Williamson - WR104 - JAX

1.12 Renesauz - Drew Brees - QB1 - NO

2.05 Renesauz - Roddy White - WR6 - Atl

3.12 Renesauz - Chris "Beanie" Wells - RB15 - Arz

5.12 Renesauz - Percy Harvin - WR29 - Min

6.05 Renesauz - Dustin Keller - TE12 - NYJ

7.12 Renesauz - Anthony Gonzalez - WR39 - Ind

8.05 Renesauz - Lee Evans - WR44 - Buf

9.12 Renesauz - Matt Hasselbeck - QB26 - SEA

10.05 Renesauz - Laurence Maroney - RB44 - NE

11.12 Renesauz - Fred Davis - TE21 - WAS

12.05 Renesauz - Willie Parker - RB52 - FA

13.12 Renesauz - DEN - DST15

14.05 Renesauz - Brandon Gibson - WR78 - STL

15.12 Renesauz - Neil Rackers - PK8 - ARI

16.05 Renesauz - Greg Camarillo - WR85 - MIA

17.12 Renesauz - Jason Hanson - PK27 - DET

18.05 Renesauz - STL - DST32

19.12 Renesauz - Glen Coffee - RB72 - SF

20.05 Renesauz - Evan Moore - TE32 - CLE

1.13 Dpeease - Rashard Mendenhall - RB9 - Pit

2.04 Dpeease - Brandon Marshall - WR5 - Den

3.13 Dpeease - Chad OchoCinco - WR17 - Cin

4.04 Dpeease - Donovan McNabb - QB9 - Phi

5.13 Dpeease - Clinton Portis - RB25 - Was

6.04 Dpeease - Greg Olsen - TE11 - Chi

7.13 Dpeease - Darren Sproles - RB36 - SD

8.04 Dpeease - Mario Manningham - WR43 - NYG

9.13 Dpeease - Ladainian Tomlinson - RB42 - Soon-to-be FA

10.04 Dpeease - Mohamed Massaquoi - WR57 - CLE

11.13 Dpeease - Marc Bulger - QB30 - STL

12.04 Dpeease - MIN - DST3

13.13 Dpeease - CHI - DST16

14.04 Dpeease - HOU - DST20

15.13 Dpeease - Jeff Reed - PK9 - PIT

16.04 Dpeease - Anthony Fasano - TE25 - MIA

17.13 Dpeease - Muhsin Muhammad - WR88 - CAR

18.04 Dpeease - Donte Stallworth - WR93 - BAL

19.13 Dpeease - Mewelde Moore - RB73 - PIT

20.04 Dpeease - Larry Johnson - RB77 - FA

1.14 Yellow Line is Unofficial - DeAngelo Williams - RB10 - Car

2.03 Yellow Line is Unofficial - Peyton Manning - QB3 - Ind

3.14 Yellow Line is Unofficial - Shonn Greene - RB16 - NYJ

4.03 Yellow Line is Unofficial - Mike Sims Walker - WR19 - Jax

5.14 Yellow Line is Unofficial - Kellen Winslow II - TE10 - TB

6.03 Yellow Line is Unofficial - Ronnie Brown - RB26 - Mia

7.14 Yellow Line is Unofficial - Julian Edelman - WR40 - NE

8.03 Yellow Line is Unofficial - Jeremy Shockey - TE16 - NO

9.14 Yellow Line is Unofficial - Eddie Royal - WR56 - DEN

10.03 Yellow Line is Unofficial - Michael Vick - QB28 - PHI

11.14 Yellow Line is Unofficial - Louis Murphy - WR70 - OAK

12.03 Yellow Line is Unofficial - Lance Moore - WR73 - NO

13.14 Yellow Line is Unofficial - Garrett Hartley - PK2 - NO

14.03 Yellow Line is Unofficial - MIA - DST19

15.14 Yellow Line is Unofficial - Matt Jones - WR84 - CIN

16.03 Yellow Line is Unofficial - TB- DST29

17.14 Yellow Line is Unofficial - Connor Barth - PK28 - TB

18.03 Yellow Line is Unofficial - Sammie Stroughter - WR92 - TB

19.14 Yellow Line is Unofficial - Fred Taylor - RB74 - NE

20.03 Yellow Line is Unofficial - Kahlil Bell - RB76 - CHI

1.15 Reaper - Randy Moss - WR4 - NE

2.02 Reaper - Antonio Gates - TE2 - SD

3.15 Reaper - Knowshon Moreno - RB17 - Den

4.02 Reaper - Ben Roethlisberger - QB8 - Pit

5.15 Reaper - Braylon Edwards - WR30 - NYJ

6.02 Reaper - Pierre Garcon - WR31 - Ind

7.15 Reaper - Donald Brown - RB37 - Ind

8.02 Reaper - Ricky Williams - RB38 - Mia

9.15 Reaper - Justin Forsett - RB43 - SEA

10.02 Reaper - Josh Freeman - QB27 - TB

11.15 Reaper - Devin Thomas - WR71 - WAS

12.02 Reaper - James Jones - WR72 - GB

13.15 Reaper - NE - DST17

14.02 Reaper - CIN - DST18

15.15 Reaper - Robbie Gould - PK10 - CHI

16.02 Reaper - Kris Brown - PK12 - HOU

17.15 Reaper - Patrick Crayton - WR89 - DAL

18.02 Reaper - Jerious Norwood - RB64 - ATL

19.15 Reaper - Rashad Jennings - RB75 - JAX

20.02 Reaper - Torry Holt - WR104 - FA

1.16 Thom Yorke - Aaron Rodgers - QB2 - GB

2.01 Thom Yorke - Dallas Clark - TE1 - Ind

3.16 Thom Yorke - Pierre Thomas - RB18 - NO

4.01 Thom Yorke - Santonio Holmes - WR18 - PIT

5.16 Thom Yorke (2 hour) - Marion Barber - RB27 - Dal

6.01 Thom Yorke (2 hour) - Thomas Jones - RB28 - NYJ

7.16 Thom Yorke (4 hour) - Terrell Owens - WR41 - Buf

8.01 Thom Yorke (4 hour) - Devin Hester - WR42 - Chi

9.16 Thom Yorke (2 hour) -Ted Ginn - WR66 - MIA

10.01 Thom Yorke (2 hour) - Bernard Berrian - WR67 - MIN

11.16 Thom Yorke (2 hour) - NYJ - DST1

12.01 Thom Yorke (2 hour) - PIT - DST2

13.16 Thom Yorke (2 hour) - Tarvaris Jackson - QB31 - MIN

14.01 Thom Yorke (2 hour) - Marcedes Lewis - TE24 - JAX

15.16 Thom Yorke (2 hour) - Brian Westbrook - RB60 - PHI

16.01 Thom Yorke (2 hour) - Rob Bironas - PK11 - TEN

17.16 Thom Yorke (2 hour) - Darrius Heyward-Bey - WR90 -OAK

18.01 Thom Yorke (2 hour) - Michael Jenkins - WR91 - ATL

19.16 Thom Yorke (2 hour) - Trent Edwards - QB34 - BUF

20.01 Thom Yorke (2 hour) - Lynell Hamilton - RB78 - NO

Thanks for doing this, Brother Bloom.

I did this drill in a coupla these drafts last year and it's a fair amount of copy/paste fiddlin'. I finally got the drill down to pasting all of one player position into the right initial draft spots then changing the information inside the paste as the best way to do it but it was still a fair amount of fiddlin'.

So, thanks for the effort....well done.

:thumbup:

18.14 Valence - Ben Watson - TE30 - FA

9.04 The Ghost of Bill Walsh - Chris Chambers - WR52 - FA

12.13 Toads - NO - DST8

8.09 Blue Ken - Devin Aromashodu - WR47 - Chi

8.08 BostonFred - Nate Burleson - WR46 - Sea

2.03 Yellow Line is Unofficial - Peyton Manning - QB3 - Ind

10.03 Yellow Line is Unofficial - Michael Vick - QB28 - PHI

1.14 Yellow Line is Unofficial - DeAngelo Williams - RB10 - Car

3.14 Yellow Line is Unofficial - Shonn Greene - RB16 - NYJ

6.03 Yellow Line is Unofficial - Ronnie Brown - RB26 - Mia

19.14 Yellow Line is Unofficial - Fred Taylor - RB74 - NE

20.03 Yellow Line is Unofficial - Kahlil Bell - RB76 - CHI

4.03 Yellow Line is Unofficial - Mike Sims Walker - WR19 - Jax

7.14 Yellow Line is Unofficial - Julian Edelman - WR40 - NE

9.14 Yellow Line is Unofficial - Eddie Royal - WR56 - DEN

11.14 Yellow Line is Unofficial - Louis Murphy - WR70 - OAK

12.03 Yellow Line is Unofficial - Lance Moore - WR73 - NO

15.14 Yellow Line is Unofficial - Matt Jones - WR84 - CIN

18.03 Yellow Line is Unofficial - Sammie Stroughter - WR92 - TB

5.14 Yellow Line is Unofficial - Kellen Winslow II - TE10 - TB

8.03 Yellow Line is Unofficial - Jeremy Shockey - TE16 - NO

13.14 Yellow Line is Unofficial - Garrett Hartley - PK2 - NO

17.14 Yellow Line is Unofficial - Connor Barth - PK28 - TB

14.03 Yellow Line is Unofficial - MIA - DST19

16.03 Yellow Line is Unofficial - TB- DST29

First of all, we should give TY a pass because his beloved Saints won the SB and he often timed out and picked after his slot.Rodgers was a fine pick at 1.16, but I wonder if another QB pick was even necessary with two QBs who may not even start a game in 2010.

RB is not a strength, but if one of MBIII and TJones work out, or if Westbrook ends up being the man again, it will be good enough. Jones should have a decent sized role whereever he ends up, so he was a nice value pick. Hamilton was a good hedge against Thomas injury late.

Very solid WR corps for little investment - TO is a good swing for the fences pick where TY got him, and Berrian, Hester, Ginn, and DHB all have the big play profile that works well in this format. Even Jenkins was a decent value late because his blocking will keep him on the field, even though Harry Douglas return will likely poach some of his targets.

Can't argue with Clark as an elite TE1, and Lewis was a fine, cheap backup, underrated.

I like the one kicker strategy (went with it myself), and Bironas is durable and consistent enough to trust as that one PK. The double up on the first two Ds was kind of unorthodox, but I like it, although I dont know if my Steelers earned that top 2 ranking. I hope TY is right.

All in all a pretty solid team for one picked without the full attention/resources of the drafter, but not much upside, wont be first out, but won't be last in either.

2.03 - Peyton Manning - QB3 - Ind

10.03 - Michael Vick - QB28 - PHI

1.14 - DeAngelo Williams - RB10 - Car

3.14 - Shonn Greene - RB16 - NYJ

6.03- Ronnie Brown - RB26 - Mia

19.14 - Fred Taylor - RB74 - NE

20.03 - Kahlil Bell - RB76 - CHI

4.03 - Mike Sims Walker - WR19 - Jax

7.14 - Julian Edelman - WR40 - NE

9.14 - Eddie Royal - WR56 - DEN

11.14 - Louis Murphy - WR70 - OAK

12.03 - Lance Moore - WR73 - NO

15.14 - Matt Jones - WR84 - CIN

18.03 - Sammie Stroughter - WR92 - TB

5.14 - Kellen Winslow II - TE10 - TB

8.03 - Jeremy Shockey - TE16 - NO

13.14 - Garrett Hartley - PK2 - NO

17.14 - Connor Barth - PK28 - TB

14.03 - MIA - DST19

16.03 - TB- DST29

The end result.

QBs are fine, a little risky with Peyton after week 14.

RBs are excellent Dwill is gold as long as Fox is the coach and Ronnie Brown will go much higher as we move towards camp.

WRs will make or break this team I like the collective group in PPR

TEs 2 good red zone targets and KWII will get pleanty of other looks from Freeman.

I think this team can compete.

Great job drafting at QB, good week to week upside. Freeman was a steal, I have no idea why he fell as far as he did, running ability, plus likely on a losing team. Roethlisberger was just fine in the early 4th.Some upside picks at RB in Moreno, Brown, and Forsett, and nice supplemental guys in Ricky, Norwood and Jennings. Well done. WR anchored by Moss and two big play guys in Edwards/Garcon to provide occassional WR1 weeks. I would have liked to see one more WR instead of RB in that 7-9 run of picks, but James Jones and Crayton made up for that with solid depth as WR3s in good pass offenses and who knows, Thomas could break out.

Gates was worthy of the early 2nd and I like going stud TE in this format and not bothering with a backup.

Reaper didn't overinvest and still got two viable defenses. Two entrenched kickers who score well, and 15th/16th, not a big investment, wasn't like he skimped on depth at RB and WR.

I really like this team and draft philosophy and think Reaper will be in it until the final 3 or 4 (sorry to Bloom your team).

YLIU

2.03 - Peyton Manning - QB3 - Ind

10.03 - Michael Vick - QB28 - PHI

1.14 - DeAngelo Williams - RB10 - Car

3.14 - Shonn Greene - RB16 - NYJ

6.03- Ronnie Brown - RB26 - Mia

19.14 - Fred Taylor - RB74 - NE

20.03 - Kahlil Bell - RB76 - CHI

4.03 - Mike Sims Walker - WR19 - Jax

7.14 - Julian Edelman - WR40 - NE

9.14 - Eddie Royal - WR56 - DEN

11.14 - Louis Murphy - WR70 - OAK

12.03 - Lance Moore - WR73 - NO

15.14 - Matt Jones - WR84 - CIN

18.03 - Sammie Stroughter - WR92 - TB

5.14 - Kellen Winslow II - TE10 - TB

8.03 - Jeremy Shockey - TE16 - NO

13.14 - Garrett Hartley - PK2 - NO

17.14 - Connor Barth - PK28 - TB

14.03 - MIA - DST19

16.03 - TB- DST29
Cant argue with Peyton at 2.03, but maybe a better backup would have been a smart pick, one of my teams petered out this year even though I made the final three because of the Colts late season philosophy. Either that, or just hope for the Titans or Texans/other div leaders to keep it close use the pick elsewhere, because Peyton is so durable and consistent. DeAngelo is a fine pick at 1.14 and will seem like value by the time the season is here. Greene is a bit of a risky pick just because TJ could stay and LWash should return. Brown is a nice upside pick to soothe the pain, but if Brown is slow to come back from foot surgery and TJ comes back to NYJ, this team could be a one back unit to start the season. Would have liked to another RB pick before the 19th to prepare for that possibility.

The WR corps worries me, because if Welker can come back for week 1, and Marshall stays in Denver, I'm not really sure where the production will come from early, and combining that with the possible RB issues early could be a recipe for an early exit. I did love the late Stroughter pick, and Lance Moore could also be a massive steal if NO lets Reggie Bush go.

Winslow was a steal in the late 5th, but I thought Shockey was unnecessary and that 8th should been used at QB or WR. Shockey is getting older and more fragile - other than a two TD game to open against Detroit, he was barely looked at in the red zone, and he's not explosive anymore. I think KW is good enough that a strong backup is not needed

Would have preferred one kicker with such a good #1 in Hartley, like that the D combo was cheap and TB really came on in the second half of the season, was hoping I could snag them as a my DST2.

If guys like Greene, Brown, Royal, and Moore can stay healthy and play at their top level, this team could go deep, but only in that scenario.

20.06 Jeff Pasquino - Troy Williamson - WR105 - JAX

More detail to come.

GoBW (David) is in the hospital, but he's going to be fine. I just talked online with his wife, but he will need to be replaced.

I asked for him to stop by and check in once he is back on his feet.
Yo, Jeff.Can you check-in on this with his wife and report back?

Is Ghost still kicking?

:tumbleweed:

Toads said:
GoBW (David) is in the hospital, but he's going to be fine. I just talked online with his wife, but he will need to be replaced.

Is Ghost still kicking?

:goodposting:

He's ok - he said he'd stop by and post that he's better but I just sent him a reminder. For the most part he seemed better but I'll let him reply in greater detail.

Sigmund Bloom said:

First of all, we should give TY a pass because his beloved Saints won the SB and he often timed out and picked after his slot.Rodgers was a fine pick at 1.16, but I wonder if another QB pick was even necessary with two QBs who may not even start a game in 2010.

RB is not a strength, but if one of MBIII and TJones work out, or if Westbrook ends up being the man again, it will be good enough. Jones should have a decent sized role whereever he ends up, so he was a nice value pick. Hamilton was a good hedge against Thomas injury late.

Very solid WR corps for little investment - TO is a good swing for the fences pick where TY got him, and Berrian, Hester, Ginn, and DHB all have the big play profile that works well in this format. Even Jenkins was a decent value late because his blocking will keep him on the field, even though Harry Douglas return will likely poach some of his targets.

Can't argue with Clark as an elite TE1, and Lewis was a fine, cheap backup, underrated.

I like the one kicker strategy (went with it myself), and Bironas is durable and consistent enough to trust as that one PK. The double up on the first two Ds was kind of unorthodox, but I like it, although I dont know if my Steelers earned that top 2 ranking. I hope TY is right.

All in all a pretty solid team for one picked without the full attention/resources of the drafter, but not much upside, wont be first out, but won't be last in either.
Thanks for the writeup, Sig. This was definitely not my most planned out team, as alluded to, because the Saints won the Super Bowl, and the entire two weeks since then has been a blur. I again apologize for the delays.

Overall, given I picked 16th, I like what I wound up with. I don't disagree with much of your analysis. The reason I doubled up on D's was because I always think it is an advantage to start runs when you pick at the ends, and sure enough, my picks triggered a whole bunch of D's being taken in the next two rounds. I regretted the Tavaris pick the moment I made it, and wish I would have just went with Edwards late as a low-risk, medium reward type pick in the 20th round. WR-wise, I like homerun-hitter types as depth in survivors, and I managed to snag a few of those (and I have some hope that Hester will prosper in the Martz system). All in all, I agree that this team probably won't be a winner, but I think it has a solid shot at sticking around a while. If I catch some breaks at RB, who knows.

Toads said:

Is Ghost still kicking?

:lmao:

He's ok - he said he'd stop by and post that he's better but I just sent him a reminder. For the most part he seemed better but I'll let him reply in greater detail.
Thanks, that's good news.He'll want to get in on the next go-around, no doubt.

I like this team better than some of the others that I have drafted in previous WSLs. I don't know why, but I do. At least I didn't select someone like Klopfstein this year :goodposting: Anyway here goes:

QB: Taking Rivers, one of the last of the upper tier QBs, I had the luxury of waiting and taking another lower rated QB. Drafting at the top, I felt that if I did not get Rivers then I would be stuck having to grab two from the next tier, or else trying to piece together a QBBC. Quinn is not guarantied a starting job, but should be given every opportunity to win the job in camp. At this point I don't have a good read on the situation in Cleveland. Best case, he wins the job and becomes serviceable. Worst case is a repeat of last year. Bradford is a huge gamble, but he was my last pick and worth it. I can hope that his shoulder is fully healed and gets drafted by a team that has a huge question mark at QB.

RB: After MJD it is stickly a RB2BC. Addai is serviceable and will put up the occasional good week. Williams is a gamble, coming off of his first fully healthy season. If he shows signs of slowing down then it is RBBC in Tampa. Weaver is stictkly a boom or bust pick, but at RB4 I will take the chance that he is productive. I was high on McCoy, because i don't think Westbrook comes back. In fact I almost pulled the trigger on McCoy @ 3.02 but waited. If Westy doesn't come back and Philly does not sign a veteran backup, expect Weaver to get a good share of carries spelling McCoy. That is the only way he will see significant action. Westy comes back or another back is signed, then it is a wasted pick. Ganther was another gamble. I don't know how the situation will play out in Washington, but it appears that Betts has lost a step and Ganther is in prime position to take over as the primary backup to Portis.

WR: Jennings is the WR1 on a pass happy team. The yards were there last year, but not the TDs. I am betting on double digit TDs this year, along with a similar number of catches and yards. Bess and Bennett will be on most sleeper lists again this year. This makes it 3 years in a row for those two. Bess is in good position to start as Ginn drops to many balls. Bennett is transitioning to the Martz offense. I don't expect much in year one, but the numbers should improve as he becomes more familiar in the system. Coles disappeared in Cincy last year, but is still the favorite to start opposite Chad. Gage is serviceable, and should have another 40-50 catches left. Williams is someone who I have followed since high school. He was probably more important to his team than his Parade POY QB. In Arkansas he was awarded the HIgh School Heisman award, over Mr. Mustain. He also committed to Florida before changing his mind to come to Arkansas. The talent is there, hopefully the transition will go smoothly. Hixon is strictly a flier pick. In short, I have a WR1, a battle for WR2 and a WR3BC.

TE: Nothing great here. I like Miller's upside, but most of Pit's passes go to the wideouts. Boss has the potential to finish top 15 at the position.

K: The goal was to get 2 guys who were in little danger of being cut. Crosby fits that bill, hopefully Nedney does to.

D/ST: I waited to long to grab my second one and got left with only one. Probably the weakest spot on my roster. Arizona is not bad as they get 4 games against STL and SEA, but it would have been better if I was able to pair them up with someone else. I was targeting a D from the AFC East or NFC Central based on schedule.

20.06 Jeff Pasquino - Troy Williamson - WR105 - JAX

More detail to come.
QB - Brady and Matt Moore.Almost went handcuff in Round 20, but Williamson was just better value. I like Chase's comment that every team has to have a story for you to win, and the story at QB is pretty simple. Brady returns to Top 5 form and Matt Moore is your starter for the Panthers. Brady gives me 12-13 good weeks and Moore

cleans up the rest. I think Brady is going to be undervalued after a (relatively) bad season when he wasn't at 100%, regardless of what they led you to believe.

RB - Forte, KSmith, McGahee, McKnight and Dixon

The clear weakness to this team. Again, the story is that Forte is a RB1 next year and I still think McGahee winds up somewhere other than Baltimore. Kevin Smith has to get his job back and be healthy - the biggest risk on this club - and one of the two rookies has to get some legit playing time early. Assuming this team gets to October, this actually could become a strength, but stars would have to align for that. I'll take a decent RB1 and a few points for RB2.

WR - Fitz, Bowe, Maclin, Avery, Morgan, Tate and Williamson

Top to bottom I like these seven players. An argument could be made that Williamson was overkill for a squad that sports 3 team WR1s (Fitz, Bowe, Avery), a big play starter in Maclin and a solid option in Josh Morgan. I firmly believe that WRs drive these leagues, and having seven good ones makes for a solid team. Given one bye in Week 8 (Morgan) I hope that not too many are off late.

TE - Cooley and Scheffler

Even if Scheffler isn't traded, he's a very strong TE2. The position is pretty deep, but give me a player who's had a big season. Cooley is well underrated but that will go away this summer once everyone sees that he's been at full strength for months. Fred Davis could be moved, but even if he isn't Shanny will get the ball in Cooley's hands. I'm hoping for 4-5 catches every week and a few pops above that line.

K - Longwell and Prater

No threats to their jobs and they perform well. This position is a tad underrated as there are several unsettled kicker jobs right now, so I wanted to lock down two strong starters.

D/ST - Indy and Seattle

Indy has done well and is a Top 10 defense, and I trust that they can keep that up again in 2010. Seattle gets some nice matchups next year (AZ, STL twice, KC, OAK amongst others) and they are opportunistic.

McNabb might be slightly overdrafted because of the chance of a trade, but he is still the right QB to be QB9, and dpeease would have been looking at a lot lower quality option if he had waited any longer. He missed the backup train, which is an issue because McNabb rarely plays all 16 games. Im not sure that Bulger was even worth an 11th round pick.Mendenhall now joins the first round picks, but you have to admit he feels a lot less secure than other names in that round. Portis is a boom/bust pick, I suppose the upside makes the late 5th worth it, but he might not even be a starter for the whole season if the Redskins release him or draft a back in the early 2nd. I like the Sproles pick as much as I dislike the LT pick. Im not even sure LT gets signed, and if he does, he will be a backup at best. Moore was a nice cheap hedge on Mendenhall, and I think LJ is more likely to do things this year than LT, but this could be a major weakness if Sproles has to take back seat in a RBBC.

The M&M boys! Somehow dpeease took 3 WRs with MM names, that's fun. Marshall and 85 is a wonderful way to start, and the M&Ms are a nice mix of upside and safe plays. Stallworth was also a nice gamble where he went. Dpeease did a nice job of drafting appropriately later after investing heavy early.

Olsen and Fasano at TE, meh. Fasano was a decent value because he had to spend a lot of last year working his way back into the Dolphins good graces. Olsen might be marginalized, but the 6th round status more than prices in that risk when a TE has his kind of physical talent.

Love the one kicker strategy, Reed is worthy, didn't like 3 Ds at all. MIN is a strong enough anchor D that the 3rd D will rarely score, and an upside pick at RB like one of the 3rd-4th round rookies was in order instead of the Texans (although I like them as an up and coming D + Jacoby is a great return man).

If Portis is his old self, McNabb stays healthy, and Martz works in a TE for the first time, this team has legs, but that is asking some old dogs to learn some new tricks...

Brees is a worthy first rounder coming off the SB win, and Hasselbeck should start somewhere this year, surely worth the late 9th, although rolling with just Brees would have been fine by me.Wells should be a fine RB1, and if the Eagles do follow through on releasing Westbrook, McCoy has a chance to greatly outproduce his 4th round draft slot - although I have my doubts about his readiness to assume a big role and the Eagles willingness to give him that role (discussed earlier in thread). I would have really liked to see a Weaver pick later to hedge against the Eagles being squirrely at RB. Maroney is a fine risk/reward combo in the 10th, but I think Parker won't do as much as many rookies that went after him. Coffee is an RB who will be on a roster in Sept, good enough for a 19th, but watch out for the 49ers taking Spiller.

Rene's WRs are middle of the pack - White is a fine anchor, but he lacks top 3-5 upside, Harvin should be a fine #2 as long as Favre returns, but that's a risk, as is Gonzo's role after missing pretty much the whole year and watching the youngsters flourish in his absence. I love Evans in the 8th, hopefully the Bills trade for THigpen and Evans starts producing up to his top 10-15 overall WR talent again, his presence + the late round possession WR picks of Gibson and Camarillo buttress the mid-round risk/up-down scoring profiles.

Keller, Davis, and Moore is a nice trio, and if there's a TE that merited a pick as a #3, it's Moore. Who knows if he'll be another Zach Hilton, but at that price, its worth finding out. Keller should have some great games, but he is in a run first offense. As long as Campbell stays in Washington, Davis should be a nice #2 because JC loves to look his way in the red zone.

Rene got the last safe kicker and the last defense, nice job not overinvesting to get backup options at K and DST.

If McCoy and Wells "hit", and and 2 of Evans/AGonz/Harvin get produce like WR2s in this format, this will one of your contenders to the end. All in all a nice job of getting a lot of upside without an undue amount of risk, and a nice job drafting well at TE after not taking one in the first five rounds, and getting some nice upside plays at WR after only taking one in the first 6 picks.

Brady is a fine anchor at QB, but there is some risk early if Welker is slow to return, and the Pats high-flying attack from 07 was generally grounded last year. Moore *should* start and be productive, but we know how that goes in Carolina. A fine QB combo, but not outstanding value or upside.Im worried about Forte in Martz's offense, more specifically, that the Bears draft an RB in the 2nd/3rd to share with him, or bring in a vet like Chester Taylor. He could be a great value in the 3rd if they don't, but this is a pick that will may make or break this team because the RB2 isn't even guaranteed to be ready to start the season (Smith), and the RB3 is a boom/bust week to week play (McGahee), although he could work out if he gets traded or released. I love the late rookie picks, all y'all missed the train letting those guys fall that far, maybe one of those picks could save Pasq's bacon at RB if none of the early picks work out.

Nice group of WRs, maybe even overinvested in the position. At worst Pasq has a stud #1 and two WR2s, plus a big play WR4 and underrated #5 who should outproduce his 11th round draft slot. With the two late upside picks of Tate and Williamson, one of Morgan or Avery should have been an RB pick, or with Avery and Morgan on board, another upside RB pick late was in order.

I don't share Pasq's optimism about Cooley, Davis did enough to force a balanced 2 TE attack, although if Davis for some reason doesn't appeal to Shanny, then I suppose this could be a very good pick. Scheffler is a big ??? but in the 10th, his talent makes him worth the pick for sure because of the scarcity of viable TE2s.

I would have liked to see Pasq go RB in the 14th instead of a second D, simply b/c Seattle is uninspiring, and then second D instead of Longwell and 1 K. Longwell and Prater are both worthy kickers for the 1 K strategy, and kicker scoring is deflated in this format, so I dont think a second K can help your team as much as another lottery ticket at your weakest position.

This team is all about Forte and to a lesser extent the supporting cast of RBs. If they hit, Pasquino's team goes deep, but they could also be his undoing early, especially if the Pats are conservative early b/c Welker is not 100%/out.

Brilliant drafting at QB after missing out on the top 10 - Favre, Smith, and Kolb are all great upside picks, and they give shadowfax a chance at top 5 QB production with one of the lowest investments of any team in the league. I cant believe Kolb fell so far, he should have been gone in the 10th-12th as a handcuff to McNabb/upside play. If Kolb or McNabb get traded, he'll be a 4th/5th round pick in these drafts, maybe even a 3rd.I like the minimal investment at RB, Turner is still worth a cornerstone pick, and Harrison should be "the man" for Cleveland. A late pick of Snelling as a handcuff/upside RFA would have been nice, but the swing for the fences RB3 pick of McFadden makes up for any injury scenarios. If the Raiders are smart they will start playing him primarily at WR a la Reggie Bush.

Austin has also earned cornerstone status and the Meachem/Henderson combo was another brilliant move by SF, will produce like a WR2, sometimes two WR2s in the same week, and generally protect each other from both crapping out in the same week. His WR3 committee is also outstanding, with MThomas's upside and slot receiver PPR love, RoyWIll's red zone looks, LRob's pure upside after his hot start to 09, and Benn's explosiveness.

The optimism around Finley is huge, but a mid-3rd is not horribly overpaying for it in this TE heavy format. Miller was a savvy backup TE pick, I was thinking about him late. Maybe a slightly better backup was called for with Finley getting banged up a few times this year.

SF got two quality DSTs without overinvesting, as Ive been saying I like the 1 K strategy, would have liked to see Snelling instead of Graham, maybe the only pick I didnt like.

Shadowfax is clearly sharing a lot of talent evaluation/draft strategy with me... love what he did and expect him to be a strong contender to win this thing :D

8.08 BostonFred - Nate Burleson - WR46 - FA

Leinart is positively underwhelming, but BF made up for it by taking Palmer in the 7th. I suspect Palmer's elbow was not right all year. Hopefully time will heal it and he'll be better next season. Good enough QBs to tread water, not more, but the investment matches that.Benson is a steal in the 3rd, not sure why he isn't getting more love, he's not that different than Mendenhall, if anything I might argue a bit safer, but with less receiving ability. Bradshaw is an excellent upside pick in the 6th, if his foot issues are a thing of the past, he could take over the lead role from Jacobs. His performance while banged up and behind Jacobs last year more than justifies the pick. Best is a great big play upside RB3, and Scott is a nice cheap talented handcuff to Benson to protect from overuse happening for the 2nd straight year. White came real cheap for someone who should have a larger role next year if TEN wisely lets him walk. Nice group here, a chance to be middle of the pack even though only 1 of the first 5 picks were used.

BF went strong to the hole at WR and got two likely top 5 options, then a WR3BC. Burleson is volatile as a FA, but the 8th round cost prices that in, Caldwell might see his role grow, but really faded as the season went on. I love the Knox pick and really wanted to have him as part of my WR crew, I think he may well be the top producing WR in Chicago next season as he seems to fit the Martz MO the best. Branch is a nice what the heck late pick, he should be a WR3/4 somewhere with upside because of his experience.

Celek may end up being a huge steal, he produced very close to the top 6 TEs drafted, no need for a strong backup, but Rosario's athleticism and red zone prowess makes him a nice last round pick.

Gostkowski is a fine PK1, as Ive been saying, not really sure a 2nd K is necessary when you have a strong, safe #1. PHI D is a worthy #1 although I liked a few of the Ds that went after JAX better than the toothless Jags D.

Nice job drafting all around, strong WR will have to carry weaker QB and Bradshaw will have to pan out for BF to contend for the title, but those questions are smaller than most teams.

Brady is a fine anchor at QB, but there is some risk early if Welker is slow to return, and the Pats high-flying attack from 07 was generally grounded last year. Moore *should* start and be productive, but we know how that goes in Carolina. A fine QB combo, but not outstanding value or upside.Im worried about Forte in Martz's offense, more specifically, that the Bears draft an RB in the 2nd/3rd to share with him, or bring in a vet like Chester Taylor. He could be a great value in the 3rd if they don't, but this is a pick that will may make or break this team because the RB2 isn't even guaranteed to be ready to start the season (Smith), and the RB3 is a boom/bust week to week play (McGahee), although he could work out if he gets traded or released. I love the late rookie picks, all y'all missed the train letting those guys fall that far, maybe one of those picks could save Pasq's bacon at RB if none of the early picks work out.

Nice group of WRs, maybe even overinvested in the position. At worst Pasq has a stud #1 and two WR2s, plus a big play WR4 and underrated #5 who should outproduce his 11th round draft slot. With the two late upside picks of Tate and Williamson, one of Morgan or Avery should have been an RB pick, or with Avery and Morgan on board, another upside RB pick late was in order.

I don't share Pasq's optimism about Cooley, Davis did enough to force a balanced 2 TE attack, although if Davis for some reason doesn't appeal to Shanny, then I suppose this could be a very good pick. Scheffler is a big ??? but in the 10th, his talent makes him worth the pick for sure because of the scarcity of viable TE2s.

I would have liked to see Pasq go RB in the 14th instead of a second D, simply b/c Seattle is uninspiring, and then second D instead of Longwell and 1 K. Longwell and Prater are both worthy kickers for the 1 K strategy, and kicker scoring is deflated in this format, so I dont think a second K can help your team as much as another lottery ticket at your weakest position.

This team is all about Forte and to a lesser extent the supporting cast of RBs. If they hit, Pasquino's team goes deep, but they could also be his undoing early, especially if the Pats are conservative early b/c Welker is not 100%/out.
Thanks for the writeup(s) Bloom. One of the best parts of this process is the discussions.I 100% agree with your "If they do well" points. The only differences of opinion are on Cooley and the D/K decisions.

If my QB and RB are strong enough, this team is a contender to win it all. That's about all you can ask.

8.09 Blue Ken - Devin Aromashodu - WR47 - Chi

Minimal investment in QB and minimal, but adequate production. Garrard might not be the starter all year depending what the Jags do in the draft, but Flacco is safe.Stewart and Slaton were risky reaches and really put BK behind the 8ball to nail his other early picks. BK also made the big mistake of not hedging at all with some mid-round upside picks - Hightower's role is shrinking and Im not sure what Julius Jones will be doing next season. I do love the late Snelling pick, he'll score a few times and get some touches even if his role doesnt change from last year when Turner was healthy.

BK did crush the two WR picks, with Rice's risk that Favre doesnt return priced in at a mid-third cost. BK then correctly waited to take his WR3 and attempted to go WR3BC. Aromashodu has decent upside with his late season performance and Cutler's penchant for throwing to him, although I liked others available there better. Cribbs is an excellent play in a WR3BC, and Nelson isnt bad either, I think only 1 more WR was necessary (Smith, another nice play for 2-3 big play weeks), the Aiken pick should have been a RB.

Miller/Pettigrew is an outstanding TE combo and could easily produce at a top 5 pick. BK might have had the best TE draft of any of us and both were excellent values and give BK a chance for him 5+11 to outproduce a lot of our 2nd and 3rds.

GB/TEN could be the most explosive DST combo in the league, but I would liked to see another RB pick instead of Mare - although Tynes isnt totally safe even though he was PK5, so maybe that was wise.

This team might make a run if DeAngelo goes down and Slaton returns to prominence, otherwise it's middle of the pack at best, despite good drafting at TE and WR.

Orton was overdrafted, but Stafford = value and upside, so this combo could outpace the modest 5th and 8th round investment.The Jackson 2 is a solid RB core, I think Fred is being underrated a little as I expect him to be the lead back for Buffalo next year. He will end up producing more like a 3rd or 2nd round pick. Taylor was an outstanding pick, I really wonder if I made a mistake taking Dwyer over him at the 8/9 turn. At worst, he'll contribute 4-6 good weeks, but he could end up being a solid RB2. His ADP will only go up as the season approaches, and it could spike to 3rd-4th round round if he lands in the right spot. BusMan did the right thing not spending another pick on RB til the 19th, Morris is fine safe backup type, who could be valuable if the Lions dont draft an RB early, and Hardesty is an excellent lottery ticket, had him targeted with Mr. Irrelevant.

BusMan got Calvin at a value, as he'll have plenty of top 5 weeks and could live up to last year's first round expectations, and I really like his WR2 and WR3 committees. WR2 has two strong baselines in Mason and Collie and WR3 has occasional contributors in Schilens, Washington, and Avant, and an upside play in Ogletree. Great job drafting for this position, I wanted both Ogletree and Avant late.

Gonzo is a fine TE1 and 3rd round pick, lacks upside, but in this format he'll deliver the goods. Heap is a sneaky good backup pick because of the way Flacco started to zero in on him in the red zone as the season went on.

Really no need for two kickers since Kaeding was the #1, like the SF as a rising force and not spending too much on the backup D was the right move.

Very strong team with good depth at WR (always a key) and no obvious holes. Should make it into at least November with a chance to win it all.

Romo earned the 2nd round pick value last year, and Henne is a fine backup with a little upside. Production matches the investment and should keep Jeter among the top QB teams in the league.Love what Jeter did at RB, with the exception of not having an "in case of emergency break glass" back or two at the end of the draft. Gore is well worth the first round pick, even with the buzz starting that Spiller is in play with SF having two mid-first round picks. The Choice-Felix combo will outproduce some of the RBs who went in the 3rd and 4th round, Felix might be a 2nd/3rd round pick by the summer. LWash is nothing but upside in the 11th, he is still very much in the Jets plans. The scary thing here is Gore being hurt during Dallas's bye week/Choice's role staying capped/Felix staying injury prone and MB3 picking up most of the slack. Only four RBs with two on the same team leaves Jeter a little exposed.

Jeter's WR strategy was interesting, doubling up on two teams with four of his first eight picks. Ward and Wallace may well score for him some weeks that the Steelers get into shootouts, and Boldin and Breaston are likely to be separated, so Jeter has at least 2 starters and the core of a WR3BC. He did the right thing by not picking a WR again til the 15th - pure upside rookie play in Thomas. Kelly is also a great upside play, was hoping maybe he would fall to the 18/19 turn, and Clayton is a decent stopgap, although he seems like a player on the decline (see draft thread for discussion). Only real issue here is again exposure, especially if Boldin stays in Arizona. The two core positions both have possible issues if bye weeks line up wrong.

Jeter decided to go with the tri-TE strategy, which was strange to me considering his need for RB depth. Daniels should be recovered and be a fine TE1, although if he leaves as an RFA, his value will take a hit. Cook is a fine backup and the best candidate to make a Finley/Davis like leap next year. Bennett looked clumsy to me this year, and I don't know if Cowboys can try much harder to get him involved, especially with another solid two-way TE in John Phillips. Would have preferred more RB depth to Bennett.

Broken record here, but I think Akers was enough, especially with exposure issues. I do like that Jeter didn't overspend on DST2.

Jeter CRUSHED the competition in the SLs last year, so I was expecting great things, and on a pick by pick basis, he did very well, but stepping back and looking at the draft as a whole, there are few possible landmines - but what do I know, I should defer to Jeter after the kind of 09 he had.

QBs about the same as the other non-Shadowfax teams that didn't get a top 8-9 option. Not inspiring, but didn't overpay for either option. Cassel should be better in year 2.Charles in the 2nd was actually value compared to current ADP, Grant could be great value in 3rd, could be a bit of a bust if GB brings in another back to give rushing game shot in the arm. Rude also took two big swings in the 8th and 10th with Lynch and Mathews, will more than make up for any slippage by Grant, but with 4 of first 10 picks invested this crew will need to be very strong. Bell was overkill, and he might have trouble catching on elsewhere if NO prefers Hamilton to him.

AJ is a worthy cornerstone, and Crabtree was a steal in the 4th. Im not sure Housh will be a great 6th round pick, but if he straightens out, he might produce closer to historical levels. Gaffney was a steal at WR80, especially if Marshall is traded, and Walter should at least be a 40 catch possession WR wherever he ends up. Adding a top rookie WR is never a bad idea, but Tate might have been there a few rounds later as this group didnt tap a lot of rookie WRs.

Carlson was a nice value, and Scaife should be at least a 30-40 catch guy wherever he ends up, but like the QB, uninspiring in terms of upside. Gronkowski was overkill and rookie TEs rarely produce enough to matter.

Once again advocating the one PK strategy and Lindell was one of the last PKs that I think work as a singleton.

Dallas is always solid as a DST with the Ware/Spencer pinchers, and CLE was a sneaky good DST2 for the Cribbs factor alone. I was burned that I didnt get to take them as my DST2.

Rude is usually on point, but this team seems pretty meh to me. Other than Crabtree and Mathews, I dont see many picks that could greatly outproduce draft position. There are no major holes, but I cant envision a scenario where this team ends up being one of the last 3-4 remaining, save for the Seattle passing game becoming big-time all of the sudden once again.

9.04 The Ghost of Bill Walsh - Chris Chambers - WR52 - FA

12.13 Toads - NO - DST8

First, this team deserves a pass for the handoff that happened mid-draft. Speedy recovery to the Ghost of Bill Walsh :goodposting: Eli was actually a value at QB10, the dropoff was significant in the 5th round, and I cant figure out for the life of me why everyone acted like Jason Campbell had leprosy. He should start this year for most of the season, even if the Skins go QB in the first, and he could break out under Shanny, you never know.

Rice is good enough to go 4th overall, and Spiller was a steal in the 7th. I like not spending another RB pick until the 11th with that 1-2 punch. Faulk and CBuck are good vet baseline plays in the RB2BC, and Foster and McCluster are nice upside plays. Very nice group assembled here considering the very low investment.

WRs lack guys that will put up many top 10 WR weeks, but they are strong four deep with Bryant likely poised to make a Crabtree-like impact in year one. Im not sure Chambers will come close to his KC numbers unless he returns to KC, didnt like that pick, and I think bryant johnson gets released, but what the hey, its the 20th round. This group is good enough to keep this team alive, but not a strength.

Davis has joined the elite and earned his 2nd round status. Gresham could have similar impact to Pettigrew if he is fully healed for next season, and he should be. I like the way both drafters used the rookies to their advantage.

this team had to go two PK because vinatieri has been fragile. NO has proven themselves again and again, not sure how they fall to DST8, especially with the chances of Bush returning seemingly getting better. CAR is really good DST2, came real cheap too. I was keeping my fingers crossed that I could get them as my DST1.

With the rookie upside built in, this team could threaten to hang around until the final weeks. Spiller and Bryant should be the two most productive rookies and they could put up numbers deserving of 2nd or 3rd round picks when we look in the rearview mirror. Both will go a lot higher in subsequent SL drafts. I like this team's style, and big ups to Toads for coming out of the bullpen to bring this one home.

anxiously awaiting my Bloom review
ask and ye shall...

18.14 Valence - Ben Watson - TE30 - FA

I like Valence's QB combo a little more than the other 5th-9th's just because Cutler's peaks will be higher than most of the 2nd tier QBs, and Sanchez should have the training wheels off and cover his valleys well.Can't complain about getting Peterson 3rd overall, eh? Like me, valence didn't feel the need to chase a strong RB2, instead created a committee anchored by an RB who was going a LOT higher in drafts last year, and is probably underrated for this year, and included a rookie, and a backup RB with starter quality skills. I would liked to see one more RB pick, either a GJohnson to hedge against a Jacobs injury, or another lottery ticket in the form of a rook or backup, but I like that valence didn't overinvest after landing AD.

Speaking of overinvesting... I do like that Welker is anchoring a WR3BC so his early season status is not that important, but valence could have probably stopped after one of Bryant/Floyd and one of Doucet/Douglas and been ok. At least one of those WR picks should have been an RB, and another TE would have been in order. This is going to be a major strength, but some points are going to waste with 6 of the first 11 picks spent on the position.

Shiancoe is very underrated, so Valence probably got away with one waiting til the 7th to take his TE in a TE heavy format. Still, a nice backup n the 8th-11th would have helped with the weeks that Shiancoe doesnt score. Thomas could end up being a major steal as Shockey's role starts to shrink, and at least valence did go three-wide at TE with the Watson pick - will be interesting to see where he goes in FA.

Im not sure Cundiff will be the Ravens starting K, but valence was smart to take him to hedge against Scobee getting cut because Scobee is on shaky ground. I dont mind that he put his PK points in jeopardy because he waited so he could take better backup RBs and TEs. BAL/WAS is a great D combo, BAL was a value as the 9th D off the board.

This is a very strong team, and as long as they don't have any disasters at RB, valence's crew has the studs and depth to make a run deep into the season.

I debated Schaub vs Rivers at 3.1, so I certainly can't malign JD's choice of Rivers at 3.2, and I think the dropoff was clear after Rivers, so good move. I think the Bradford pick was wasted, and maybe even the Quinn pick, as he seems to be on shaky ground. Rivers is very durable and having the 11th invested at WR might have made JD feel more secure about going QBless after he missed the backup run in the 9th.JD is VERY strong at RB. MJD as an anchor, Addai in the 4th might give him RB1 numbers from his RB2, and I think we are all underrating Caddy the way he played down the stretch. Weaver is a good what the heck late round RB with his short yardage and pass catching FB styles. I think Ganther will be lucky to survive training camp, I would have went with a rookie or back with more talent, or maybe an Earnest Graham to hedge against Caddy injury, but I also think rolling with the first four JD took would have been fine. Maybe the best RB corps in the league.

WR is where things get a little shaky. Jennings is a fine WR1, but Davone Bess's value could easily be submarined by a Boldin/Marshall trade or moving up to draft Dez Bryant. Earl Bennett will be up and down week to week, and could be the odd man out in a crowded Chicago WR corps. Bess Bennett I like as a WR3 committee, not a WR2 committee. Coles, I wonder if he'll even survive training camp, Gage is going to be marginalized by Britt (but his price was cheap), and Williams and Hixon aren't strong late round picks. I could see this being an achilles heel for this team, although Im not giving 70+ catch Bess and the talented Bennett enough credit to possibly outproduce those draft positions. Still, this is one of the diciest WR groups in the league.

Good thing JD went strong at TE even though he missed out on the elites. Miller and Boss are both great red zone options who are also liable to post a 5-6 catch game at any time. I think this 5th-9th combo will put up numbers close to the elite TEs we took in 2nd/3rd round when the dust settles. well done and it made missing the backup QB worth it.

No need for a backup PK imo, and I dont like the one defense strategy because the variance in DST scoring is much greater than PK, both in terms of peaks and coming up empty. Arizona is a pretty good one (LSH is an underrated return man and should have been drafted), but a choice of DET or STL instead of Nedney was in order.

Very strong team here, another contendah, as long as the WRs aren't JD's undoing.

When I pulled the #1 overall, QB at the 2/3 turn was a slamdunk, backup at the 8/9 turn was always the plan, and I got both of my targets. I explained my Schaub love earlier, and VY's propensity for big games on the ground makes him a coveted backup and value where I got him. Love my QB combo and would put them up against anyone's in the league.Johnson was an easy call at 1.1 after what he did last year, explained earlier in thread. RBush is a just fine RB2BC anchor with his pass-catching and goal line love, whether he's in NO or not, that's how he'll be used. I really really like Dwyer (more to come in my draft materials) and think he'll be a first-round pick after the combine... SD in the late first sounds about right to me. His ADP should be more like 5th-6th round, maybe even as high as 3rd/4th if he does land in a dream spot like SD. Michael Bush *should* be starting and become a massive value where I got him, but who knows what Cable will do.. as part of RB2BC I can afford to see what happens. Gerhart is a bruiser who should be a goal line back for whatever team takes him, and he could hit the jackpot in an SD/SEA/WAS/HOU/DET type destination. I was hoping for one more rookie lottery ticket in Hardesty, but putting a chip on a Johnson injury hedge in the form of Ringer was fine by me to complete my RB corps.

I was always waiting until the 4th to start my WRs. First three picks explained earlier, one safe (cotch), two upside plays (nicks and britt). I especially love that nicks and britt could easily have 2nd/3rd round value and make Rice/MSW/Austin type leaps this year. After that it was all upside, looking for guys who have talent and should see a growing role in 2010... Jacoby Jones, Naanee, Hartline, Butler, the MO is clear here, looking for guys who all have the potential to greatly outproduce ADP. I think I'll be just fine at WR despite having no star power (assuming Nicks and Britt don't take off), and I'll put my depth and upside up against anyone's in this league.

Witten, always underrated, elated to get him at the 2-3 turn, explanation earlier in the thread. Nelson made me very happy as a backup at the 18/19 turn, I really thought the jig was up when Derek Fine got cut, but Nelson still slipped to me. I expect 40+ catches and a top 20 finish from Nelson, I had him or Zach Miller targeted as my backup TE from the get-go.

Ive explained my love for the 1 PK strategy, Seabass is durable and he was ridiculously accurate last year. As long as the curse of Russell is over, Oakland's O should produce more points. I don't love ATL's D, but Douglas return will help the return game, and the young secondary should get better. The hope is for them to be a winning team and play from ahead more. Detroit had more explosive games than STL, made them the easy choice at DST31, guys like Avril, Levy, Delmas, and hopefully McCoy/Suh will give Schwartz some fun pieces to scheme with and hopefully Derrick Williams makes some steps in the return game. The plan here was to get two defenses cheaply as possible, I think ANY two defenses, even the last two will produce well enough to keep a team alive in this league.

Please fire away at my team, or my reviews of your team and others. This draft was a blast and I appreciate the time everyone puts in to make these leagues THE best kept secret in the fantasy football world. All of our games are better for it! :thumbdown:

Brees is a worthy first rounder coming off the SB win, and Hasselbeck should start somewhere this year, surely worth the late 9th, although rolling with just Brees would have been fine by me.Wells should be a fine RB1, and if the Eagles do follow through on releasing Westbrook, McCoy has a chance to greatly outproduce his 4th round draft slot - although I have my doubts about his readiness to assume a big role and the Eagles willingness to give him that role (discussed earlier in thread). I would have really liked to see a Weaver pick later to hedge against the Eagles being squirrely at RB. Maroney is a fine risk/reward combo in the 10th, but I think Parker won't do as much as many rookies that went after him. Coffee is an RB who will be on a roster in Sept, good enough for a 19th, but watch out for the 49ers taking Spiller.

Rene's WRs are middle of the pack - White is a fine anchor, but he lacks top 3-5 upside, Harvin should be a fine #2 as long as Favre returns, but that's a risk, as is Gonzo's role after missing pretty much the whole year and watching the youngsters flourish in his absence. I love Evans in the 8th, hopefully the Bills trade for THigpen and Evans starts producing up to his top 10-15 overall WR talent again, his presence + the late round possession WR picks of Gibson and Camarillo buttress the mid-round risk/up-down scoring profiles.

Keller, Davis, and Moore is a nice trio, and if there's a TE that merited a pick as a #3, it's Moore. Who knows if he'll be another Zach Hilton, but at that price, its worth finding out. Keller should have some great games, but he is in a run first offense. As long as Campbell stays in Washington, Davis should be a nice #2 because JC loves to look his way in the red zone.

Rene got the last safe kicker and the last defense, nice job not overinvesting to get backup options at K and DST.

If McCoy and Wells "hit", and and 2 of Evans/AGonz/Harvin get produce like WR2s in this format, this will one of your contenders to the end. All in all a nice job of getting a lot of upside without an undue amount of risk, and a nice job drafting well at TE after not taking one in the first five rounds, and getting some nice upside plays at WR after only taking one in the first 6 picks.
Thanks Sig. :goodposting: I've never been one to take a QB early in these. More often then not, I'm taking a QB6 or later, but I couldn't let Brees pass by at that price, especially in a WSL. The downside to that was that it immediately threw me off my normal gameplan, and I never felt very comfortable in this draft, like I was chasing for quality starters elsewhere.

I love McCoy's upside, and the news of Westy's imminant release certainly makes him a worthy pick at that spot...ESPECIALLY in a PPR format. The kid has good hands and if healthy will certainly live up to that draft position. Maroney showed during the season that he's starting to finally get it....go review his FBG writeups game by game and you'll see a real trend developed last season. He may well end up being one of the SOD. Parker has enough talent to make a nice COP back or lesser half of a RBBC somewhere. In the end, despite having no headliner, I think this may be one of the stronger RB corps in this SL, (if viewed from an investment/return perspective.)

I'm a little higher on Gonzo then most, and believe he'll return to his starting role. Just in case though, I wanted to make sure I had a couple of safe WR3's with upside. Gibson is one WR in particualr that I'm very high on, but seems to be flying under almost everyone's radar. That kid forced the Eagles to restructure their normal roster to accomadate him, then was somewhat productive on a bad team after a mid-season trade...IN HIS ROOKIE SEASON. AT this point, he has to be considered as a favorite to start opposite Avery and (I believe) should generate 50+ receptions. Similarly, Camarillo showed himself to be a wonderful possession receiver who caught a ton of balls in the second half of 08 before his injury. He went into last year hurt, and really wasn't up to speed until late in the season. He showed late that he was almost back to pre-injury skills however, and could be another under-valued 2nd or 3rd year WR. (There are a lot of those every year, especially in the earlier drafts.)

I only drafted Evan Moore because I was not entirely comfortable with my TE group, and Moore was one of the last projected TE starters according to the depth charts here. I really don't know a lot about him and was a little surprised that you and Jeff thought he was such a good pick. I figured Keller would be inconsistant and Davis was risky, and simply wanted another body.

Overall, I like this team more in hindsight then I did as I was drafting it. As with everyone's WSL teams, there's too many unknowns at this early stage to really know how it will do, but I like it a lot. Gibson and Camarillo should virtually gaurentee that this team is not an early bounce, while McCoy, Gonzalez and Maroney provide the high upside potential to give this squad a shot.

Users who are viewing this thread